Gary and Alla

RUB Jokes

139 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My buddy brought out his K-31 Swiss and shot a few rounds to zero. He then looked up at me, "you wanna try?"

I passed.

For me there's not.

I plink with my .22LR and if TEOTWAWKI happened overnight, I'd probably carry my "urban assault rifle" (10/22 with folding stock) around town since it's quiet, accurate, and like a carry gun, it's enough to make the zombies try to eat someone else. Even the lowly .22 is enough to drop a perp, just ask the Israelis.

If we're talking all-out SHTF, I'm carrying an AR and a .45 - the same weapons I use to shoot targets. I suppose there'd be more options if I had more arms. I really don't have a big selection so I shoot what I have.

A New England Firearms Pardner 12ga. was my first gun. Boy does that sucker kick! Single shot 12s are probably about the worst recoil you can get (other than single shot 10s, of course!) so when you shoot something like an AR, or even an M-1, after shooting that thing, it's like nothing at all.

When I try to get folks to ground their nose on the charging handle many of them pull away after the first shot. "What was that?"

It's an experience. My stepfather recently bought one and let me shoot it. Wow!

Not legally, anyway. Although, I have heard it's been done....

Slim, you passed on shooting a 7.5mm Swiss? C'mon! It doesn't even come up to .308 level recoil.

The cheapo single shot shotguns are brutal kickers, mostly becasue they usually have stocks with a lot of drop and tend to nag your cheek bones...plus they are very light and usually have a narrow buttplate. Poorly stocked,light weight...perfect formula to kick the ####### out of someone.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Slim, you passed on shooting a 7.5mm Swiss? C'mon! It doesn't even come up to .308 level recoil.

Sure did. I had just watched a 12-year-old Boy Scout drop the bolt on my finger as I was hand-loading a round into my AR. I said "watched" because it was so cold I couldn't actually feel it. He was so excited to shoot he released the bolt before I was clear. "Can I shoot just one more?"

"Sure, little buddy. Just let me load one into the......" and then I saw it happen in slow motion. He did too and when he said "oh fuuuuuuudge" it was in slow motion as well. Just like Ralphie on A Christmas Story.

I told him not to worry, breathe in, breath out, squeeze, and he hit the gong at 300. Then I went to go wash the blood off.

It wasn't really a big deal since it was only an AR. Just a slight little cut and a small bruise. Nothing like getting caught up in the M-60!

The cheapo single shot shotguns are brutal kickers, mostly becasue they usually have stocks with a lot of drop and tend to nag your cheek bones...plus they are very light and usually have a narrow buttplate. Poorly stocked,light weight...perfect formula to kick the ####### out of someone.

Especially when you're a kid and the gun is hard to hold up!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Sure did. I had just watched a 12-year-old Boy Scout drop the bolt on my finger as I was hand-loading a round into my AR. I said "watched" because it was so cold I couldn't actually feel it. He was so excited to shoot he released the bolt before I was clear. "Can I shoot just one more?"

"Sure, little buddy. Just let me load one into the......" and then I saw it happen in slow motion. He did too and when he said "oh fuuuuuuudge" it was in slow motion as well. Just like Ralphie on A Christmas Story.

I told him not to worry, breathe in, breath out, squeeze, and he hit the gong at 300. Then I went to go wash the blood off.

It wasn't really a big deal since it was only an AR. Just a slight little cut and a small bruise. Nothing like getting caught up in the M-60!

Especially when you're a kid and the gun is hard to hold up!

Are you familiar with "M1 thumb"? That's when you shove the clip in and the bolt releases on your thumb. :wow: Fortunately my first experience with the M1 was in high school and our shooting team coach was a former Army instructor. He showed us right off how to "chop" the bolt handle and hold it open with the little finger as you rotated your thumb down. Seemed a bit awkward at first but you get the hang of it quickly. I only saw one guy get M1 thumb and he said it hurt like hell! I never got caught up in the AR15 bolt but I can just picture it. :lol: (sorry)

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

My K-31s are my most accurate Milsurps and are very "smooth" to shoot.

I never have had a Garand thumb....yet.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Actually you hold the op-rod handle back with the blade of your hand as you insert the clip and release.

Timeline

Actually you hold the op-rod handle back with the blade of your hand as you insert the clip and release.

Yes, it is not the "bolt". The op-rod handle holds the bolt open and the bolt is what delivers M1 thumb.

Gary And Alla

Are you familiar with "M1 thumb"?

I am. I haven't had it as I was shown the proper way to load it and rotate out of the way before it releases. However, what they failed to tell me was the op-rod is still cycling - even forward of the bolt - all the way to the forearm as you shoot. M1 thumb? Naw. M1 pinky is more like it!

Both of those are things that only happen once. I was lucky with my pinky. I felt a gentle nudge since I was far enough forward. Others aren't so lucky!

My K-31s are my most accurate Milsurps and are very "smooth" to shoot.

You can tell just by looking at them that they're fine weapons. Very well made, very precise. It's a swiss watch in firearm form. They're beautiful too.

Some day when I get a little more money together I may just invest in one (or twelve) to do a little distance work. Until then, I'll probably stay more in the Mosin price range.

I never have had a Garand thumb....yet.

Yet?!!! Ooohh. Are you not married to a Russian woman? You're not allowed to say stuff like that. Now it's guaranteed to happen!

There's definitely a "technique" to it. If you don't know it, you very well could mess your thumb/fingers up on a Garand.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

I am. I haven't had it as I was shown the proper way to load it and rotate out of the way before it releases. However, what they failed to tell me was the op-rod is still cycling - even forward of the bolt - all the way to the forearm as you shoot. M1 thumb? Naw. M1 pinky is more like it!

Yep. lots of folks don't know how to hold a rifle properly. For an M1, the instruction class (on DVD and YouTube) instructs one to jam their forward hand up against the front swivel, which in turn gets the hand out of the way of the op rod. Actually the video (set of three) is very instructional and the points covered can be used with any rifle.....proper way to seat the butt into the crook of your shoulder, proper way to use your trigger finger, proper way to jam your cheek deep into the buttstock and behind the receiver, proper balance, proper feet alignment (and body alignment for the different shooting positions), etc etc.

I like the old War Department videos. Propaganda with your training!

Русский форум член.

Are saying what I think you're saying??? :rofl:

FSU superstition - If you say something is or is not going to happen, the opposite of what you say is going to then occur because you talked about it. Best I can tell this comes from the "loose lips sink ships" policy of the USSR. Say nothing, see nothing, hear nothing. Mind your business. Etc.

Example - You DO NOT say, "you will pass your interview with no problem." Because by saying that, you just personally insured her downfall. She WILL fail because you talked about it.

I've tried and tried to say, "tonight I will NOT win the lottery." Still waiting for my millions.... (And my wife's still telling me someday we will win.)

Русский форум член.

Timeline

My wife is the exact opposite! Whenever I say something to her I get "Don't program me!" Also, if I ever happen to explain an injury or something pointing to a body part on either of us she freaks out and I immediately get an "Erase it!" hahaha I have to be real careful when using "you" generically when explaining anything.

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

FSU superstition - If you say something is or is not going to happen, the opposite of what you say is going to then occur because you talked about it. Best I can tell this comes from the "loose lips sink ships" policy of the USSR. Say nothing, see nothing, hear nothing. Mind your business. Etc.

Example - You DO NOT say, "you will pass your interview with no problem." Because by saying that, you just personally insured her downfall. She WILL fail because you talked about it.

I've tried and tried to say, "tonight I will NOT win the lottery." Still waiting for my millions.... (And my wife's still telling me someday we will win.)

Ahhhh OKKKKK...you had my rockstar sex polluted mind worried for a minute about this "Garrand thumb" and RUB girls.... :whistle:

~Johnny~

Ahhhh OKKKKK...you had my rockstar sex polluted mind worried for a minute about this "Garrand thumb" and RUB girls.... :whistle:

The two are unrelated - but like Lviv said, you can't point to your thumb when explaining what it is. That means it'll happen soon.

Русский форум член.

Timeline

My wife is the exact opposite! Whenever I say something to her I get "Don't program me!" Also, if I ever happen to explain an injury or something pointing to a body part on either of us she freaks out and I immediately get an "Erase it!" hahaha I have to be real careful when using "you" generically when explaining anything.

:lol:

I have gotten the "erase it" also. Vooooooowhat? "Erase it" :lol: Erase what? Where you pointed to my arm and said that...

And yes, Alla hates it when she has an exam or something and I say "Oh, you will do fine" She will say "NO! No I won't I will fail!" But if I call her just before I know her class starts and say "Good luck" that is OK.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.