Hilarious Clinton

What was Global Warming is now....

65 posts in this topic

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/opinion/op_ed/view.bg?articleid=1314036&srvc=home&position=emailed

Meet the global weirdos. They’re the ones telling you that all the snow outside is proof that it’s getting warmer. Only, they don’t call it “warming” anymore.

No, that was back in the “Earth has a fever” days. Back when Al Gore was predicting that the ice caps were melting, the polar bears were drowning and Manhattan would sink beneath 20 feet of water “in the near future.”

But then something happened. Since 1998, temperatures have been relatively flat. We’ve got more polar bears than ever, and Manhattan is buried under snow. For a planet-roasting crisis that threatened the human race with extinction, there doesn’t seem to be much actual warming.

So then the mantra became “climate change.” The liberals formerly known as “warmists” began predicting that we would experience fundamental changes in our weather. Scientists at the University of East Anglia — the Harvard of climate change — said snow would be “a very rare and exciting event.” Children wouldn’t know what it was.

As for summers, in the wake of Katrina “change-ist” groups like realclimate.org predicted “global warming will make hurricanes even worse in the future.”

What happened? Nothing. Europe has had three winters in a row of snow and cold temperatures. In the Atlantic, “there has been a dramatic decrease in the number of hurricanes in the last five years,” according to meteorologist Art Horn. “The total energy in all hurricanes around the world has plunged since 1993. The opposite of what was predicted.”

So the new fall back is “global weirding.” The site thedailygreen.com has a “Weird Weather Watch” page. The uber-liberal Huffington Post ran a story in August headlined “Global Weirding”: Extreme Climate Events Dominate The Summer.”

“The extreme climate events all across the globe must say something about whether climate change is already upon us,” the HuffPo insisted. “Extreme is the new normal.”

They quote a professor of “environmental studies and politics” from Oberlin College who says, “More hottest hots, driest dries, wettest wets, windiest wind conditions. So it’s all part of a pattern.”

Gore is on board, too. He’s now merely claiming rising temperatures will “create all sorts of havoc, ranging from hotter dry spells to colder winters.”

Not “warming,” but “weirding.” Not “heating,” but “havoc.” Which is how global warming can cause more snow, less snow, no snow, avalanches, heat waves, cold snaps, wetter wets, drier dries, gingivitis, delirium tremens and irritable bowel syndrome  . . . all at the same time!

Global warming — is there anything it can’t do?

Well, the one thing it apparently doesn’t do is help predict the weather. The UK’s Met Office stopped giving seasonal forecasts last year after mis-predicting warmer winters three years in a row. Meteorologists without a warmist agenda like Piers Corbyn and AccuWeather’s Joe Bastardi, on the other hand, continue to pay the bills by making predictions directly contrary to the “weirdos.” Oddly, they don’t have degrees in politics.

For a theory to be scientific, it must be fallible — capable of being proven false. If every weather condition can be used to “prove” global warming simply by being declared “weird,” then it’s not science. It’s a joke.

Which is exactly what the environmental movement has become.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

You get your science from Op/Ed pieces? Do you also buy your gadgets from the backs of comics?

I think we have to give him a break here. Mainstream science doesn't support his argument. He has to get his science where ever he can find it.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I can say that our son is not at all excited about snow and we are running out of places to put it all. The skiing is great though. Plenty if ice for the ice fisherman. I have to report that we are having a normal winter. lots of cold and snow to the eaves. People shoveling their roofs in the fine Vermont tradition.

This is nothing new. Same old, same old.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think we have to give him a break here. Mainstream science doesn't support his argument. He has to get his science where ever he can find it.

He's a button pusher that gets pushed around by real scientists all day. This is his chance to fight back.

Timeline

He's a button pusher that gets pushed around by real scientists all day. This is his chance to fight back.

As the funding for phoney GW dwindles... :lol:

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lesotho
Timeline

Quick! Hide your money! The climate scientists are comin to git it from ya! Hope ya have enuff ammo.

tin-foil-hat.jpg

Nice picture of yourself. You bought the GW nonsense hook line and sinker. It should dawn on you that you have been had at some point. Question is, how long will you allow yourself to be taken for a fool?

Timeline

Quick! Hide your money! The climate scientists are comin to git it from ya! Hope ya have enuff ammo.

tin-foil-hat.jpg

No money, no honey. :lol:

How's the funding for GW looking in this years federal budget, Steven? How long do you think you can warm over the same "models" while we all shovel snow off our roofs?

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Nice picture of yourself. You bought the GW nonsense hook line and sinker. It should dawn on you that you have been had at some point. Question is, how long will you allow yourself to be taken for a fool?

Yep, them NASA scientists really pulled a fast one on us all....haha, oh boy. Good thing, guys with an elementary understanding of science such as yourself are on to their shenanigans like flies on sh!t.

Timeline

Yep, them NASA scientists really pulled a fast one on us all....haha, oh boy. Good thing, guys with an elementary understanding of science such as yourself are on to their shenanigans like flies on sh!t.

he may be one of the last to be taken as a fool. Stick to it, Steven. :lol: Get out your check book and spend, baby, spend!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

ibs - hmmm, that could explain some rants about global warming.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!