one...two...tree

Is Abortion Morally Equivalent to Murdering Someone?

356 posts in this topic

Under both your definitions, your are getting more that 99% of the way to defining chimps as human.

:no:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_human_DNA_and_chimpanzee_DNA_98_percent_identical

i've seen kids and babies with severe metabolic disorders, brain trauma etc, who are decidedly far less conscious than chimp babies. but that doesn't make them any less human.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

You meant before, didn't you?

I meant people are stupid and hypocritical. Before/after, what's the difference? If it happens, it happens, right? Although some folks would tell you, "well, it happened on this date or that date, so really, it didn't happen." Well, did it happen or not?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Timeline

:no:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_human_DNA_and_chimpanzee_DNA_98_percent_identical

i've seen kids and babies with severe metabolic disorders, brain trauma etc, who are decidedly far less conscious than chimp babies. but that doesn't make them any less human.

Okay, I will retract a little to 95%. :lol:

Just posted this you may find interesting:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/293705-orangutans-may-be-closest-human-relatives-not-chimps/page__view__findpost__p__4449951

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm not in prison for the duration so why are some of my rights being stripped? Also, I'm on probation for longer than I could've been imprisoned. Therefore the government has "control" over me for longer than they legally could've had I done all my time locked up.

I can't move to Somalia, I'm on probation.

As for issuing guns to folks released from jail or probation I don't think we should pay to arm them but if they're already privately armed I don't see a problem with them remaining under arms, provided they're otherwise legally allowed to do so. What probation does is it strips the rights away from folks who would otherwise be free to practice them.

I don't see any reasoning behind that other than folks just don't know it's going on. Prior to this incident, I had no idea citizens convicted of misdemeanors (non-DV charges) were being stripped of their rights to own firearms. That's a problem.

Do you really not understand how the penal system works? You were given probation in lieu of a prison term. I think it is very reasonable to exclude some citizens from certain rights. Criminals have proven to be untrustworthy and unable to follow the laws of this land. What makes you think that criminals have learned their lesson and will suddenly start to obey laws? You forefit your rights when you commited the crime. That is how a social contract works. If you dont' like it, go to the Somali embassy and apply for political assylum there.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I believe that life begins at conception and that abortion is murder of a human being. With the exception of abortion to save the life of the woman, the point of abortion is to prevent a live birth of a human being. That's the bottom line, and that's why it's murder.

i'm with you :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Do you really not understand how the penal system works?

99% of Americans don't. That's a problem.

You were given probation in lieu of a prison term.

I was sentenced to a prison term AND probation.

I think it is very reasonable to exclude some citizens from certain rights. Criminals have proven to be untrustworthy and unable to follow the laws of this land. What makes you think that criminals have learned their lesson and will suddenly start to obey laws?

So if they stripped me of my right to practice a religion of my choosing that would be OK with you? Even in jail folks are still allowed to choose their own religion. Hell, that's why we eat a lot of turkey and chicken.

And what exactly is a criminal? Where do you draw the line as to who can and can't be trusted to exercise all of their rights?

You forefit your rights when you commited the crime. That is how a social contract works.

I never forfeited my rights at any time. They were stripped from me after a conviction.

I think your idea of a social contract is just a little bit off. Kind of sounds like you believe "criminals" are bad people and get what they deserve.

If you dont' like it, go to the Somali embassy and apply for political assylum there.

Once again, I'm on probation. I can't go to the Somali embassy so stop suggesting it.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

i'm with you :thumbs:

Are you? You don't approve of the morning after pill then? After all, sometimes that will kill an egg that has been inseminated.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Timeline

a human zygote possesses the same genetic material that distinguishes it as being a ** sapien though. it possesses the human genome, the same as you or me. while there are developmental changes, that genetic material never changes. unless you have a different definition for what constitutes a human, other than genetic material? do tell.

genetic material is not considered a human life. DNA is the basis of all things, but by itself it is not life. wheat germ has DNA, strawberries have DNA...are we murdering wheat and strawberries when we harvest and eat them?

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Timeline

Are you? You don't approve of the morning after pill then? After all, sometimes that will kill an egg that has been inseminated.

i'm aware of what it does. how is that supposed to have any bearing on my previous post?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

i'm aware of what it does. how is that supposed to have any bearing on my previous post?

If you can't work it out, I can't help you.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

If you can't work it out, I can't help you.

stop being dense. my earlier statement was perfectly clear.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Murdering someone is quite a bit different and about 10 million times worse than having an abortion.

In terms of the legal system. If abortion was made illegal in all cases then I'd imagine it'd be similar, maybe a tad worse than driving on a suspended license...I'd imagine you'd get a $100 to $250 fine and 6 months probation on the first conviction...

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1