one...two...tree

Is Abortion Morally Equivalent to Murdering Someone?

356 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

So says the Cubical Queen.

:rofl:

Dude, you really take yourself and your job way to serious.

:rolleyes:

No, you're just being a passive aggressive child. Cubicle? Hardly. You maintain your ignorance Danno, you've never let me down in that regard.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

:rolleyes:

No, you're just being a passive aggressive child. Cubicle? Hardly. You maintain your ignorance Danno, you've never let me down in that regard.

Since Steve called for "back on topic", I will honor that and let your last shot go Unanswered (for now).

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Timeline

Since Steve called for "back on topic", I will honor that and let your last shot go Unanswered (for now).

Yeah, a convenient excuse Danno, as usual. Be a man, or tuck it back between your legs and go back to pretending.

Filed: Timeline

I don't think it's morally equivalent to murdering someone.

If someone injures the mother enough to initiate or require the early termination of a pregnancy, would that be morally the same as killing a human being? Would that be a homicide? Would that be murder? What if the potential child is close to term?

Maybe you should have thought about that before commiting a crime. Your wife is not being deprived of any of her rights, she simply cannot exercise some in the presence of criminals. YOU are the one who by your actions are limiting her access. She can own a gun, but then you'd have to move out.

I didn't break any laws that preclude me from owning a weapon.

I can't own guns because of the sentence of community control. While on community control, NO ONE can own weapons. Regardless of whether that person is a robber, rapist, shoplifter, or drove too many times on a suspended license, they're not allowed to own guns.

It's upsetting to me we've allowed the courts to strip folks of their constitutional rights in the name of public safety.

I don't think it's morally equivalent to murdering someone.

Since we're back on topic I'm glad you took it here. Is one crime worse than another?

According to society and the law, yes. But, we as a people lop all criminals into the same boat. "You should've thought about that before commiting a crime."

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

I didn't break any laws that preclude me from owning a weapon.

I can't own guns because of the sentence of community control. While on community control, NO ONE can own weapons. Regardless of whether that person is a robber, rapist, shoplifter, or drove too many times on a suspended license, they're not allowed to own guns.

It's upsetting to me we've allowed the courts to strip folks of their constitutional rights in the name of public safety.

Since we're back on topic I'm glad you took it here. Is one crime worse than another?

According to society and the law, yes. But, we as a people lop all criminals into the same boat. "You should've thought about that before commiting a crime."

Would you rather be in prison for the duration? Is probation really that bad? You broke the law, hence you forefit some rights (in your case until it is restored). If you don't like it, you can always move to Somalia where there is no government intervention. Do you think that everyone should be issued a firearm upon their release from jail or probation? Sorry, I'd rather not arm the criminals.

Timeline

If someone injures the mother enough to initiate or require the early termination of a pregnancy, would that be morally the same as killing a human being? Would that be a homicide? Would that be murder? What if the potential child is close to term?

The key here is intent.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I think it's killing, no matter what. As for the sentencing if it were illegal I think I'd lean towards what AJ said about the circumstances, timing, etc affecting that. I don't have a concrete answer.

As for the temporary derailment of the thread, I don't understand why insults towards people have to carry over into so many threads.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

The key here is intent.

How so?

An ex-boyfriend wants her to have an abortion, but she refuses, so he beats her. The cops are called. He is arrested. She is rushed to the hospital. She is suffering internal bleeding, and the only way to save her life is to terminate her pregnancy early. All attempts are made to preserve the life of her premature child, but at 24 weeks, the situation is close to hopeless, and the infant dies after only a few hours. The mother recovers fully, at least physically.

Should the ex-boyfriend be charged with murder? Did he kill a human being?

Edited by Some Old Guy

How so?

An ex-boyfriend wants her to have an abortion, but she refuses, so he beats her. The cops are called. He is arrested. She is rushed to the hospital. She is suffering internal bleeding, and the only way to save her life is to terminate her pregnancy early. All attempts are made to preserve the life of her premature child, but at 24 weeks, the situation is close to hopeless, and the infant dies after only a few hours. The mother recovers fully, at least physically.

Why did he wait till 24 weeks to beat her? He should have beat her much earlier :jest:

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think it's killing, no matter what. As for the sentencing if it were illegal I think I'd lean towards what AJ said about the circumstances, timing, etc affecting that. I don't have a concrete answer.

Stina, would you support putting a woman to death (capital punishment) for having an abortion? For the sake of an argument, let's say she has the abortion within the first 6 weeks of conception, and she is tried, found guilty and sentenced to death, you would support that?

Stina, would you support putting a woman to death (capital punishment) for having an abortion? For the sake of an argument, let's say she has the abortion within the first 6 weeks of conception, and she is tried, found guilty and sentenced to death, you would support that?

Dude, 6 weeks after conception it still has a freakin' tail! :rofl:

Timeline

How so?

I think that shows a pretty good situation where there IS intent to kill. If you take out the bit about him wanting her to have an abortion, then you just have a violent argument between a man and a pregnant woman where a miscarriage results.

I think that shows a pretty good situation where there IS intent to kill. If you take out the bit about him wanting her to have an abortion, then you just have a violent argument between a man and a pregnant woman where a miscarriage results.

In fairness to him, though, there are pregnant women can take a beating and not miscarry.