one...two...tree

Is Abortion Morally Equivalent to Murdering Someone?

356 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

In your opinion, if abortion were made illegal, would a woman who has an abortion be charged and convicted in the same manner as a homicide suspect, including the same kind of sentencing (possible capital punishment)?

If it's illegal it would be illegal.

Are you questioning whether the law would be immoral or the way it's handled?

Read the OP corky, it's pretty self-explanatory.

Since you're LE, I'd love to see you elaborate on Steven's question. Specifically, if abortion were illegal (no exceptions), how do you think the crime would be punished? Would it be a crime at all, or a mere civil violation like parking illegally?

I imagine this is something that would have to have a separate law, or a specific addition to the law that makes abortion illegal. I know that before Roe vs. Wade, the women who did get abortions were generally not prosecuted. In the past, they went after the doctors performing the abortion. After all, they are the ones performing the procedure.

Edited by Rob & Mel

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

You would think they should, right? Dead is dead, beaten is beaten. Like hate crimes, everything other than the end result is irrelevant.

Yep, but apparently, that isn't what most abortion opponents want to happen. So like my title and the OP being different, what they say and what they want are two different things.

Read the OP corky, it's pretty self-explanatory.

It sure is, until you factor in the title of this thread.

You have to remember, someone in this thread thought you were LE so that should tell you something about how folks comprehend stuff around here.

my title and the OP being different, what they say and what they want are two different things.

Hey Corky, did you catch this?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

It sure is, until you factor in the title of this thread.

You have to remember, someone in this thread thought you were LE so that should tell you something about how folks comprehend stuff around here.

Corky, I actually do work in law enforcement.

Timeline

But when TSHTF, he'll have more guns than you which pretty much makes you his bitсh.

I demand $404,000 NOW. You have besmirched mine and my families name. I have guns AJ, and my family has what would be considered a paranoid delusional RWN cache between them.

Timeline

Are you implying you have more guns than slim does?

Me personally? Probably not, I only have 3, but my family is another story. There is no way to verify any of this though, so I suppose it's all pointless.

Edited by Rob & Mel

Timeline

Yes, because you will be under the protection of His Majesty the Slim Shady.

Actually, if the sh!t hits the fan, my only worry will be where to go. I am technically obligated to go to work in times of emergency. But ample supply of weapons, bullet proof glass, and available body armor sound like good tools to have when the apocalypse hits.