lisa and John

Sorry but I just don't get it

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am sincerely happy for everyone on here that has gotten their approvals what I don't get is why some of us seemed to just be passed over and we watch as they go on to the next month. I have called and put a request in to check the progress but why does this even have to happen? we sit and watch everyone excited..what about us?they say it is in order to be fair then how do they approve some and not others? I just want to know if anyone has the answers and please don't say they are waiting to get our background check.. they got others..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Some people just get stuck. It is kind of like waiting to get picked on the playground. When I filed my first time there was this lovely lady who would greet everyone like a top notch Wallmart greeter as she watched month after month. Eventually things fell apart because she waited over a year for her NOA2.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

Well not the answer I was hoping to get and it better not take over a year..there is no reason anyone should just be passed over they could tell us something whether you are approved your not or we are working on it but to be put in limbo is not fair, like someone else said they cashed our check quick enough and then lowered the prices. I just want a bit of hope not sitting each day to nothing.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

She was a sad exception to the process. Usually there is something that is holding you up, most often security checks. At the USCIS/NVC stages they run a check on the petitioner and once in a while you happen to have the same name as someone on the bad list and it takes a bit to straighten out that you aren't that person. It the grand scheme of things this is just a passing moment even though it doesn't seem like it today.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

This proves that US Immigration system is flawed. The security outfit often act after the fact. If only they could show us the statistics, we can judge how effective the background check thing has been. US government is simply tearing families apart through its immigration policies. A country that has not curtailed his internal aggression is preoccupied with fighting external aggression through means that are just not objective!

Sadly, the only thing governments react expeditiously to is demonstrations such as is ongoing in Egypt. I foresee a day when people will no longer sit and watch the government play on their emotions and well-being. Treating people unfairly in the name of laws and policies can take a toll on the victim. Examples abound of individuals who have reacted violently when they have exhausted all options possible. Unfortunately, our so-called policy-makers don't learn from history. They pretend to work for you but in actual sense they are working against you.

It's sad! sad!! sad!!! I am also patiently waiting and counting the days as they roll by. 102 days and still counting.

Edited by DrLuv

Nice post Jim :)

OP - Here is something to read http://www.visajourney.com/content/adjudicator-q-and-a

Your NOA2 will come soon. Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

Well not the answer I was hoping to get and it better not take over a year..there is no reason anyone should just be passed over they could tell us something whether you are approved your not or we are working on it but to be put in limbo is not fair, like someone else said they cashed our check quick enough and then lowered the prices. I just want a bit of hope not sitting each day to nothing.

Thank you so much Harpa for the search engine with question and answers from Jim..answered a lot of questions..thats all I was asking for.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Ever go to the grocery store and wonder why some lines are moving so much faster than others? You see the fat lady reading the Soap Opera Digest - she got in line the same time you did, and you've barely taken two steps by the time she's checked out and leaving the store. Sometimes it's because everybody in the slow line has a filled their basket to overflowing, and the people in the fast line only have a few items, but you're smart - you check out everyone's basket before you pick a line to stand in. More often, it's because the cashier in the slow line is just really slow. Sometimes it's a combination of the two - half a dozen vegetarians get in the line with the cashier who has to look up the cash register code for every single vegetable. :angry:

Processing petitions is sort of the same. Some adjudicators pull a box of petitions off the shelf and fly through them pretty quickly, sorting out the ones that should be denied straight away, setting aside the ones that need RFE's or further investigation, and approving the rest. Other adjudicators move a lot slower.

Charleton Heston would have said "USCIS IS PEOPLE!". Or maybe he would have said "IT'S A MADHOUSE!". I'm not sure which. :blush:

Call 'em. Email 'em. Other than that, try to focus on something else. Unless you're standing behind the adjudicator who has your petition you'll probably never know what the hangup was, so there's not much point in worrying about it. :thumbs:

I love a good analogy, this was perfect reading!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It's driving me mad as i have a noa1 date of 7th september 2010 not even had a touch since that, So, how about your case had touched since your noa 1 date? I'm realy wondering it's normal at this processing? Thanks

Timeline

It's driving me mad as i have a noa1 date of 7th september 2010 not even had a touch since that, So, how about your case had touched since your noa 1 date? I'm realy wondering it's normal at this processing? Thanks

OUrs was touched only once on 9/1/2010 our receipt date was 8/26/2010 so they have not even touched our case since then..they have approved 8 out of the 11 of us..so I also wondered where is our case? has anyone evenlooked at it.. we have been in initial review forever..but best of luck hopefully soon for you too.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Lisa and John...I feel your pain , I really do! I am not happy to say the least as our receipt date is 19 August 2010 and we are still waiting for our NOA2. We filed at the California center just like you. This has really screwed up most of our plans because we were looking at a particular time frame as I was hoping to move out there before I'm actually going to be able to now due to this lateness.I have seen that here on visa journey there have been a few couples who filed after us and they have been approved already.while I am happy for these lucky people I am also deeply upset at the same time. I am a British citizen living in Italy and things move pretty slow here as a rule, so I'm expecting another long wait once we do get the ok. Apparently it'll probably take another two months to get the visa according to the timelines, but these timelines don't seem to be very reliable lately. I am feeling totally depressed and miserable :(

Edited by arwen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I think you should not worry for now. If you are from CSC, you should get it before 7th of February, which is coming. I know how bad the experience is (just went through it, got NOA2 on 1/21). However, these are people. Some of them get sick, some of them have vacations. I think plus/minus 2 week variation is normal.

Timeline

Lisa and John...I feel your pain , I really do! I am not happy to say the least as our receipt date is 19 August 2010 and we are still waiting for our NOA2. We filed at the California center just like you. This has really screwed up most of our plans because we were looking at a particular time frame as I was hoping to move out there before I'm actually going to be able to now due to this lateness.I have seen that here on visa journey there have been a few couples who filed after us and they have been approved already.while I am happy for these lucky people I am also deeply upset at the same time. I am a British citizen living in Italy and things move pretty slow here as a rule, so I'm expecting another long wait once we do get the ok. Apparently it'll probably take another two months to get the visa according to the timelines, but these timelines don't seem to be very reliable lately. I am feeling totally depressed and miserable :(

thank you for the comment..and know how you are feeling too we had dates set up for wedding and place arranged and all hoping we would be almost done in Jan. well now we have no idea when to plan and a real wedding has to be arranged months in advance. I am sorry you are going thru this too and know how frustrated you must be. I hope it all works out soon for both of you. we put in the status request but still not even been touched so who knows if it really was put in..I am right there with you with the being depressed and obsessed with constantly checking for any notification but it never comes..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.