supercool

K-1 - Call USCIS

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Guys,

I am very happy to say that my petition is approved. I called USCIS today and they said it has been approved.

They said that it has been approved for a week now and mailed me a letter, but I never received an email nor text and so far no mail and no update online. They said to wait for few days and I will get the mail.

I recommend July filers and early august filers to call USCIS and talk to tier 2 level officers, because there is a possibility that you may never get an email and no update online and your case may be approved already.

Also, how do I check online as to if NVC received my case? Do I need to call them or can I check online??

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You call NVC. There is no online anything for k-1 NVC. K-1s generally are only at NVC for a couple of days to a weekish and are logged and given an embassy case number then sent on its way to the embassy.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

CONGRATS!:D

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I talked to USCIS several times, and they always refuse to escalate my call to Tier2. How did you convince them to escalate your call?

My second question is

Did the first level of customer service tell you your case is still pending, then when you talked to tier2 they told you, that you are approved? I don't understand this part.

I-129F sent July 26 201

NOA1 date July 29-2010

RFE February

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congrats Supercool!

Inky: Thanks for the heads up. I called to put in a service request and within an hour the website (NOT the customer service rep) had updated to show I was approved with a date of 1/27/2011.

I will call NVC before I leave for Thailand just to check if it had been sent out earlier and they do in fact have a case number for us.

Hatem: I spoke to tier 1. While they couldn't give me details about the petition (approved or not) she was more than helpful filing the service request. It was AFTER that (same day, about an hour) that I found out the petition was approved.

If you get a tier 1 representative that doesn't want to help... call back after 5-10 minutes and try a different rep. Remember to be respectful and polite as they are the ones who can issue a service request.

Good luck.

Filed I-129F CSC ~~~~~ 3 August 2010

NOA-1 Received ~~.~~~ 6 August 2010

Called CSC @ 5 mo mk ~ 6 January 2011

**CSC added 21 days to normal processing period***

Service Call ~~~~.~~~~ 27 January 2011

NOA-2 APPROVED! ~~ 27 January 2011

NVC Received ~~~~~~~ 1 February 2011

Embassy Received ~.~~ 8 February 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I talked to USCIS several times, and they always refuse to escalate my call to Tier2. How did you convince them to escalate your call?

My second question is

Did the first level of customer service tell you your case is still pending, then when you talked to tier2 they told you, that you are approved? I don't understand this part.

When you call them, just say it has been more than 5 months and I would like to speak with Tier2 level officer. You could also say my call just got disconnected with a tier2 officer so could you please escalate my call.

Thanks guys for all your help and I wish good luck to all VJ members.

As for July and Aug filers, it's coming so keep your fingers crossed. But do keep calling them because they may not have updated online and your case might be already approved.

:thumbs::dance::thumbs::dance:
N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks guys.

I recently moved, should I contact NVC for change of address?? Or does it matter now??

I have not yet received physical mail of NOA2 yet, it will come soon.

If you have recently moved and have not filed a change of address with USCIS where have they sent your NOA2?

How will you collect it?

In our experience we never moved but we had an issue with postal theft from our mail box (at our residence) so we got a PO Box, and we filed a change of address with USCIS but to our horror it was never updated in their system and USCIS still sent the mail to our old address.

The mail from USCIS was NEVER forwarded by the postal service to our p.o. box via the change of address we filed with the postal service, it was returned to USCIS. This caused a lot of stress because this piece of paper was a vital part of the process further down the line and this is a very time sensitive process!

Luckily the NOA2 was finally received because USCIS resent the NOA2 that was returned to them back to us at the correct mailing address. But having spoken to the USCIS rep on the phone he said I would have to apply for a copy of the document (if it was lost or not returned t them), it would cost $365 and it would be up to 6 months to receive it!

It is really important to make sure that they have your current mailing address! If you update your address with the GET A REFERENCE NUMBER for the change! You want to be certain that it has been recorded properly!

07/16/07 posted I-129f

07/20/07 confirmed delivered by US Postal Service

8/23/07 No NOA1 !!!!

8/23/07 phoned USCIS (told they can't help until after 90 days)

8/23/07 contacted bank to get copy of Cx check...illegable...noc WAC#

tried for weeks to get actual check....not possible, had to wait the 90 days for info from USCIS

10/17/07 Phoned USCIS, got thru (!), got WAC number and NOA1 date!!!!

07/26/07 NOA1 (never recieved hard copy, was promised a copy would be sent)

11/01/07 Ordered copy of "long form" UK B.C.

11/05/07 Recieved B.C. (Wish USCIS was that fast!)

11/09/07 Submitted request for UK police records

12/04/07 APPROVED By USCIS NOA2 letter sent (or so they claim)

12/15/07 Police certificate recieved

12/28/07 Called NVC, not in system

01/04/08 petition forwarded to London

01/12/08 packet 3 received *rubs eye in disbelief* Speed and efficiency, can it be?

01/18/08 HARD COPY OF NOA2 ARRIVED...seems the snail made a wrong turn somewhere.

01/28/08 Returned packet 3 to London Embassy

02/12/08 Medical completed...no problem.

02/13/08 Packet 4 received from London Embassy

03/03/08 Embassy Interview

03/06/08 Visa Arrived....Lovely to finally see it even if it is a bit drab...after 8 month you think they'd have sprung for some gold foil or at least a COLOR photo?

TODAY...he's here! He's in the US! Hurrah!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Guys,

I am very happy to say that my petition is approved. I called USCIS today and they said it has been approved.

They said that it has been approved for a week now and mailed me a letter, but I never received an email nor text and so far no mail and no update online. They said to wait for few days and I will get the mail.

I recommend July filers and early august filers to call USCIS and talk to tier 2 level officers, because there is a possibility that you may never get an email and no update online and your case may be approved already.

Also, how do I check online as to if NVC received my case? Do I need to call them or can I check online??

Thanks

congrats supercool, wish you all the best!!!!!!

Filed: Timeline

Guys,

Thanks

Awesome news!!! I'll call on monday, thanks!! Maybe by the time you get the NOA2, your info will have already left NVC and arrived at the embassy :thumbs: !!!

Edited by REINITA♥REY

Filed: Timeline

But on the USCIS website says that I can change the address only "if I have a pending case" - I donot have a pending case now, right???

Need advise.

Are you currently at a different address than when you filed the petition? The NOA2 was sent to the mailing address on your petition.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

But on the USCIS website says that I can change the address only "if I have a pending case" - I donot have a pending case now, right???

Need advise.

The only thing I can see happening is that USCIS will send the NOA2 to the address that you petitioned with UNLESS you file a change of address with them.

Do you still have access to the mail at your old address?

As in, you used to live with friends or relatives and they still live at that same address?

Did you file a change of address with the US Postal Service?

If not I suggest you do it first thing Monday!

If you already did this, make sure it is not near the expiration date (I think they last for 6 months but you should check this with your postmaster) if it is near the expiration file another one now!

The envelopes from USCIS are noted as RETURN SERVICE REQUESTED, this means If the addressed person has moved the post office will send the letter usually along with the new address (but the post office can only do this if they have one on file for you!) back to the sender of the envelope (USCIS).

If the NOA2 gets returned to USCIS they will send it back to you but you really need to file a change of address with them. You can do this online but I would suggest you follow up with a phone call. If someone helps you get a reference number and their name...always keep a log of any phone calls to USCIS.

07/16/07 posted I-129f

07/20/07 confirmed delivered by US Postal Service

8/23/07 No NOA1 !!!!

8/23/07 phoned USCIS (told they can't help until after 90 days)

8/23/07 contacted bank to get copy of Cx check...illegable...noc WAC#

tried for weeks to get actual check....not possible, had to wait the 90 days for info from USCIS

10/17/07 Phoned USCIS, got thru (!), got WAC number and NOA1 date!!!!

07/26/07 NOA1 (never recieved hard copy, was promised a copy would be sent)

11/01/07 Ordered copy of "long form" UK B.C.

11/05/07 Recieved B.C. (Wish USCIS was that fast!)

11/09/07 Submitted request for UK police records

12/04/07 APPROVED By USCIS NOA2 letter sent (or so they claim)

12/15/07 Police certificate recieved

12/28/07 Called NVC, not in system

01/04/08 petition forwarded to London

01/12/08 packet 3 received *rubs eye in disbelief* Speed and efficiency, can it be?

01/18/08 HARD COPY OF NOA2 ARRIVED...seems the snail made a wrong turn somewhere.

01/28/08 Returned packet 3 to London Embassy

02/12/08 Medical completed...no problem.

02/13/08 Packet 4 received from London Embassy

03/03/08 Embassy Interview

03/06/08 Visa Arrived....Lovely to finally see it even if it is a bit drab...after 8 month you think they'd have sprung for some gold foil or at least a COLOR photo?

TODAY...he's here! He's in the US! Hurrah!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.