J e n n y

CSC to TSC to NVC: the Saga continues

3,300 posts in this topic

Saylin, I see you got your interview date. Congratulations to you and all others got interview dates. Almost end of the tunnel.

I almost finished the DS-260 and all support documents except two issues:

1. My wife's old apartment lease terminated on July 31, 2010, her new apartment lease started on August 3, 2010. She had to stay in friend's place for a few days till the apartment was ready. So, at the DS-260 page of "present and previous address information", I filled in like:

Address 1, Aug, 2010 ~ present

Address 2, Jun, 2009 ~ Jul, 2010

Then there is a message shown "There is a gap in the dates you have provided. Please include ALL addresses where you have lived since the age of sixteen. The national Visa Center may ask you to confirm unexplained gaps in residency."

I am afraid this might trigger an RFE. But I have no idea how to deal with it. Any one has experience or work around?

2. My wife has an expired passport and replaced by the present valid passport. Should we send biographic data pages for both passports, or just the present valid passport?

Thanks alot.

Thanks! So happy I finally got the date.

I have a friend that had the same issue with getting an error about a gap. You have to have the end month and start month to be in the same month. So just put address two ending in August 2010 and address one starting in August like you have it already. When my friend did that, the issue was solved.

You just need to send in a copy of the present passport. I also have an expired passport from years ago, but they don't want that. They just want to see your current passport.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I have a friend that had the same issue with getting an error about a gap. You have to have the end month and start month to be in the same month. So just put address two ending in August 2010 and address one starting in August like you have it already. When my friend did that, the issue was solved.

You just need to send in a copy of the present passport. I also have an expired passport from years ago, but they don't want that. They just want to see your current passport.

agreed :thumbs:

7/2/10- NOA1

2/9/11- NOA2 (transferred to Texas)

NVC

2/28/11- case number received

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

3/12/11- expedite to Bogota consulate approved!!!

3/14/11- left NVC to Bogota for further processing

3/17/11- received by Bogota, emailed consulate and was told to send DS-230 and DS-2100 (packet 3)

3/18/11- packet 3 emailed to Bogota consulate, email confirmation on March 23

3/31/11- Interview date! Approved!!!!!!

Keep the faith, everything works out for the very best

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

What a long day.............thanks for the support guys.

I have been in training all day and spent my whole lunch hour on the phone with the District Director of my Congressman's office. She kind of tactfully told me I had no reason to NOT be happy about what they have done for me. I made it clear I was not happy with them in the beginning but since they got the ball rolling with NVC and the Embassy, I was happy. She tried explaining to me that the Congressman cannot tell USCIS what to do, I KNOW THAT!! I just wanted some support and someone to light a fire under USCIS #######.

I spoke to the reporter about 30 minutes ago and there is a lot of interest in the story, CNN has contacted her but I told her no to CNN, personal reasons, they always seem to slant stories for their benefit. She will be doing a follow-up story when it is appropriate.

To all those that would like to, feel free to pass on the story. Also, make comments on the article...............

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Guys i feel devasteded. In order 2 get my Visa my passport has 2 be valid for atleast 6 months from the day of entry. My passport will be valid for less then 5 months by then. I got my passport when i was in the USA and now that I am here in Mx it is impossible 2 renew it! My birth certificate isnt in the government system. Where i was registered they have my certificate but in the capital where everything is they dont have it so technically i dont exist. The other way i can get it is with my parents marriage certificate, i tryed but on my birth certificate my moms name is written with a C n on her marriage certificate it is written with an S.... They wont give it me unless i go 2 a judge but it takes up 2 6 months 2 process everything. What should i do? any sugestions? please help im dieing here! :crying:

Edited by JamesandRosa

USCIS: I-130

Priority Date- July 1st

I-130 Hardcopy- July 15th

Transfered from CSC to TSC- November 2nd

I-130 sent to "USCIS Office"- November 24th

Touched- November 26, 28 and 29

Touched Feb. 9th

I-130 transfered back to CSC from TSC- Feb. 10th

Transfered to "USCIS" office again- Feb. 10th

Touched- Feb. 11th

APPROVED FINALLY!- FEB. 15th!

Touched- Feb. 26 and 28th

NVC: NVC

Case Number- March 2nd(automated Voice system)

NVC Invoice Number- March 3rd

All NVC fees paid- March 4th

All NVC fee transactions complete- March 7th (pretty much nxt day, except it was a weekend so we had to wait for them to go threw on Monday)

Submitted all documents- March 8th

All documents recieved and processed- March 11th

Case at NVC COMPLETE- March 17th

US Councel in Juarez:

Recieved all documents-

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Guys i feel devasteded. In order 2 get my Visa my passport has 2 be valid for atleast 6 months from the day of entry. My passport will be valid for less then 5 months by then. I got my passport when i was in the USA and now that I am here in Mx it is impossible 2 renew it! My birth certificate isnt in the government system. Where i was registered they have my certificate but in the capital where everything is they dont have it so technically i dont exist. The other way i can get it is with my parents marriage certificate, i tryed but on my birth certificate my moms name is written with a C n on her marriage certificate it is written with an S.... They wont give it me unless i go 2 a judge but it takes up 2 6 months 2 process everything. What should i do? any sugestions? please help im dieing here! :crying:

Did you make a copy of the birth certificate you sent for the IV packet? Maybe you can get the registry office (or whatever they call it in Mexico) to stamp it as a "Certified copy".

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thanks, Saylin & xelance. Will do as you suggested. I will submit the DS-260 and email the support documents tomorrow.

You might be okay even though your passport won't be valid for 6 months. I was reading interview instructions on the US Consulate in Cuidad Juarez site, and all it mentions is to bring a VALID passport to the interview. It did not mention anywhere that it has to be valid for X months. And according to this page on CBP (Customs and Border Protection): https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/905 Mexico is a country that is waived from the 6 month rule upon entering the US. I believe that since you'll actually be moving to the US as a US permanent resident when you cross the border, it shouldn't matter if your Mexican passport is under 6 months of being valid. If I were you, I'd contact the US Consulate in Cuidad Juarez and ask about this just to be sure, but I really do think you'll be fine.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Great info Saylin... I was looking into this too... I guess you are just faster than I am... must be because I'm old :rofl:

You might be okay even though your passport won't be valid for 6 months. I was reading interview instructions on the US Consulate in Cuidad Juarez site, and all it mentions is to bring a VALID passport to the interview. It did not mention anywhere that it has to be valid for X months. And according to this page on CBP (Customs and Border Protection): https://help.cbp.gov...detail/a_id/905 Mexico is a country that is waived from the 6 month rule upon entering the US. I believe that since you'll actually be moving to the US as a US permanent resident when you cross the border, it shouldn't matter if your Mexican passport is under 6 months of being valid. If I were you, I'd contact the US Consulate in Cuidad Juarez and ask about this just to be sure, but I really do think you'll be fine.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I have a question,what happens to the pictures,evidence I sent to USCIS? Do they sent those to the NVC? Does NVC sends them to the US Consulate?

05/27/2010 MARRIED

08/04/2010 I-130 SENT

08/11/2010 NOA1

08/25/2010 TOUCHED

11/02/2010 TOUCHED

11/03/2010 CASE SENT FROM CSC TO TSC

11/04/2010 TOUCHED

11/10/2010 TOUCHED

11/18/2010 TOUCHED

11/19/2010 TOUCHED

11/24/2010 TOUCHED

02/14/2011 RFE (MISSING EVIDENCE)

02/15/2011 RFE RESPOND SENT

03/10/2011 NOA2 APPROVAL(exactly 7 months)211 days

03/14/2011 NOA2 HARD COPY RECEIVED

03/16/2011 FILE SENT TO NVC

NVC

03/18/2011 CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED

03/21/2011 RECEIVED IIN,GAVE E-MAILS,3032 SENT

03/22/2011 SENT PAYMENT FOR AOS FEE

03/23/2011 DS-3032 E-MAIL ACCEPTED,AOS SHOWS PAID,SENT AOS PACKAGE

03/24/2011 IV FEE RECEIVED AND PAID

03/28/2011 IV FEE SHOWS PAID,SENT IV PACKAGE

04/08/2011 SIF (SIGN IN FAILED)

04/10/2011 CASE COMPLETE

EMBASSY

05/25/2011 MEDICAL COMPLETED

05/02/2011 INTERVIEW

INTERVIEW RESULTS: APPROVED

POE 05/24/2011 HOUSTON,TEXAS

THANK GOD, IT'S OVER! FINAL! FINISHED! BITTI!

Great info Saylin... I was looking into this too... I guess you are just faster than I am... must be because I'm old :rofl:

laughing.giflaughing.giflaughing.gif

I have a question,what happens to the pictures,evidence I sent to USCIS? Do they sent those to the NVC? Does NVC sends them to the US Consulate?

I believe (although I'm not entirely sure) that USCIS sends everything they have to NVC, and then NVC sends that along with the AOS and IV packages to the US Embassy/Consulate. But I'm not 100% sure about that.

Yes, CC is usually after SIF. If you have a SIF, call an operator to see if you have CC. The AVR will also update (albeit a couple days later) on when you get a CC.

There's a very, very low chance of getting an RFE after a SIF. I would like to say 0%, but you never know with NVC.

Thank you so much Saylin :)

just got home and i'm done with my medical...

the payment portal is already SIF but when i called the operator she said my case is final review.....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

My wife just called me. We have RFE for missing PCC from Finland. But I have lived there only for 9 months. They are asking a statement from my wife that I have lived there only for 9 months. :wow: . But on their website is if you lived more that 12 months in another country PCC is needed. What to do, any advice?

07.19.2010 - NOA1

05.23.2011 - POE - LAX

06.01.2011 - Welcome letter arrived :)

06.04.2011 - 10 year GC received by mail :)

My wife just called me. We have RFE for missing PCC from Finland. But I have lived there only for 9 months. They are asking a statement from my wife that I have lived there only for 9 months. :wow: . But on their website is if you lived more that 12 months in another country PCC is needed. What to do, any advice?

Um, wow. I would call an operator up and ask about this. Try to speak with a supervisor and ask them to re-review your case. Asking for a statement is kind of ridiculous.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

My wife talked with 3 different operators. First told her to send a statement. Second the same and the last one just read to my wife the requirement"if lived in a different country for more than 12 months" and said "Oh I'm sorry" and put my wife on hold. Few moments after she said that have wrote to our case on their system that our documents do not need PCC from Finland since is less than 12 months. Hope to not need additional info from us and hope that our case will be complete. Once again I am surprised about all this, how is it possible to not now the request's for files that you process??? :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: .

Now wondering how long will take to have CC? :whistle:

Edited by Never_lose_hope

07.19.2010 - NOA1

05.23.2011 - POE - LAX

06.01.2011 - Welcome letter arrived :)

06.04.2011 - 10 year GC received by mail :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

THANK U GUYS BUT I ALREADY LOOKED INTO THAT. THE 6 MONTH RULE DOESNT APPLY 2 ME CAUSE I WAS THERE AS A MINOR N LEFT WHEN I TURNED 18. AND YES IT HAS 2 BE VALID FOR 6 MONTHS THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE FORMS FOR THE BIO FORMS SAYS IT AND I CALLED NVC AND THEY SAID IT HAD 2 BE VALID FOR 6 MONTHS. THEY WONT GIVE ME THE PASSPORT EVEN WITH A CERTIFIED COPY N BECAUSE I WAS REGISTERED TILL I WAS 3 YRS OLD. THEY WONT EVEN WAIVE MY PASSPORT FOR ONE MONTH MORE....

USCIS: I-130

Priority Date- July 1st

I-130 Hardcopy- July 15th

Transfered from CSC to TSC- November 2nd

I-130 sent to "USCIS Office"- November 24th

Touched- November 26, 28 and 29

Touched Feb. 9th

I-130 transfered back to CSC from TSC- Feb. 10th

Transfered to "USCIS" office again- Feb. 10th

Touched- Feb. 11th

APPROVED FINALLY!- FEB. 15th!

Touched- Feb. 26 and 28th

NVC: NVC

Case Number- March 2nd(automated Voice system)

NVC Invoice Number- March 3rd

All NVC fees paid- March 4th

All NVC fee transactions complete- March 7th (pretty much nxt day, except it was a weekend so we had to wait for them to go threw on Monday)

Submitted all documents- March 8th

All documents recieved and processed- March 11th

Case at NVC COMPLETE- March 17th

US Councel in Juarez:

Recieved all documents-

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.