DedicatedWife

I-90 Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card Denied!!!

36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks for all the responses and care and concern. I will update you guys on our progress with this! Stay tuned... :thumbs:

DedicatedWife I'm sorry to hear that Den haven't receive his GC. Did you guys contact USCIS after not receiving the GC within that 30 days window?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DedicatedWife I'm sorry to hear that Den haven't receive his GC. Did you guys contact USCIS after not receiving the GC within that 30 days window?

Yes we did. We were told that it was issued and mailed...we were instructed to wait and see if it would come...we waited about 45 days and called back and that's when they put in a service request. We were told to file I-90 to replace the card since it was issued but we never received it...that was filed and received in September. Yesterday, we received notification that the replacement application was denied. So we are waiting on the denial letter to see what the grounds are. We have an Info pass scheduled so we'll see. At the end of the day, God is over it all and we know we have a fight on our hands.

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

We went through the same problem of never receiving my wife's green card. Unfortunately we had to pay the $450 with the I-90 because my wife needed the I-551 stamp to travel to Colombia next week. We went to congressman Dan Lipinski's Chicago office here and all they did was call USCIS(who told them they mailed the card in Oct) and print us copies of the I-90(which we could have done at home). I also wrote to both Illinois senators but was not contacted by their offices either.

Some people have had luck fighting this but it could take months so you have to be persistent.

Sorry to hear about your ordeal! Just seems so crazy and so much room for error that they would send something so important just regular mail...and then leave so much room for mix ups and mishaps on us...smh! So not right...we plan to be persistent because there is so much more we could be doing with $450...and the crazy thing is the months it has taken for the denial...I'm not understanding why if they had proof the card was never returned to them or undeliverable why we were not instructed that in September to file I-90 and pay the fee at that time...but at this point it is what it is! Thanks for sharing your experience.

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

We had issues with the NOA2 and our lady nicely just sent a new one. I told her that there had been a rash of mail box robberies and there were news articles to prove it.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

We had issues with the NOA2 and our lady nicely just sent a new one. I told her that there had been a rash of mail box robberies and there were news articles to prove it.

NOAs and actual GCs are 2 very different things.

How about asking for their tracking number, say that you want to lodge a complaint with the USPS and file a police report of a lost/ stolen ID. I'd also get my Representative on board, explaining they're trying to charge $450 for a replacement and not providing any proof that it was ever sent.

I'm in Arizona. There are a lot of people here that are desperate for GCs. I've received at least a dozen pieces of mail with 'USCIS' written all the envelopes, with my daughter and my AOS applications and ensuing RFEs. I wouldn't be shocked if USCIS mail was occasionally 'lost' by the USPS, where there must be a hellalotta money in stolen GCs/ ID docs.

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

ok well i dont know how your card was sent out, but i just got mine last week, and it was sent by us Priority Mail, with a barcode the mail man had to scan to prove delivery. So there is some sort of tracking info for the card. i just got mine last week.

HWDWm6.png

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

ok well i dont know how your card was sent out, but i just got mine last week, and it was sent by us Priority Mail, with a barcode the mail man had to scan to prove delivery. So there is some sort of tracking info for the card. i just got mine last week.

correct they are now mailed in a RED envelope with a window.

Edited by RICARDO4EVA2

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

NOAs and actual GCs are 2 very different things.

How about asking for their tracking number, say that you want to lodge a complaint with the USPS and file a police report of a lost/ stolen ID. I'd also get my Representative on board, explaining they're trying to charge $450 for a replacement and not providing any proof that it was ever sent.

I'm in Arizona. There are a lot of people here that are desperate for GCs. I've received at least a dozen pieces of mail with 'USCIS' written all the envelopes, with my daughter and my AOS applications and ensuing RFEs. I wouldn't be shocked if USCIS mail was occasionally 'lost' by the USPS, where there must be a hellalotta money in stolen GCs/ ID docs.

Sundrop good point. Our GC was just sent in a manila envelope. What a mess.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Help!!! Has anyone had their I-90 Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card denied and what were the reasons???

Here's our story: We were approved on our I-485 on June 16, 2010. We never received the GC. My husband and I called and was told we needed to complete the I-90 application and that we would not have to pay a fee since he never received the card. So we fill out the application and get a NOA on September 27, 2010. Today we get e-mail/text notification that a decision has been made: Denied and the reason(s) why is being mailed to us. Our next steps or options will be included in the letter...for some reason I feel like they want the fee paid. :whistle:

Can anyone else share their experience? Please don't tell me we're the only ones to ever go through this in the history of VJ :unsure::angry::blink::wacko:

Thanks!!!! :crying:

I have exactly the same situation, and today i got email denied my 10 gc which is haven't received yet!

so, what is the ground of your denial decision and what did you do to appeal USCIS? thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

My wife and I are in the same situation here in Atlanta. We are trying to get someone from the news involved at the moment. Bottom line is, they mail the permanent resident card (apparently standard post no tracking number) and then they expect you to pay another $450 if the form is lost. This is major BS!!! My wife and I called the UCIS and explained our situation only to have the officer hang up on us. What kind of idiot would mail a $400 item with no tracking number...? If a business mails a package that never gets to me, I don't have to pay for the item!!!

Any advice or news on this, please help!!!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well sorry to hear. It has happened to many including me. How would someone prove the card was never received besides saying it "was not received?"

You are wasting your time with the media... Dont embarrass ya self. Its unlikey you would be issued one without fulfilling the requirement to pay ....

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

My wife and I are in the same situation here in Atlanta. We are trying to get someone from the news involved at the moment. Bottom line is, they mail the permanent resident card (apparently standard post no tracking number) and then they expect you to pay another $450 if the form is lost. This is major BS!!! My wife and I called the UCIS and explained our situation only to have the officer hang up on us. What kind of idiot would mail a $400 item with no tracking number...? If a business mails a package that never gets to me, I don't have to pay for the item!!!

Any advice or news on this, please help!!!

PM me. Our denied I-90 is in the process of being reviewed. Apparently, "there may have been an error in the denial of our I-90"! :bonk:

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

PM me. Our denied I-90 is in the process of being reviewed. Apparently, "there may have been an error in the denial of our I-90"! :bonk:

Can you update this thread with what's happened and how you got the denial to be reviewed? It benefits others to have the info in the forum rather than a PM.

I'm the USC petitioner.

Timeline:

10/06/2005 Met in Ireland while I was on a study abroad

03/15/2010 K-1 NOA1

05/27/2010 K-1 NOA2

09/10/2010 K-1 Interview

09/22/2010 POE

10/01/2010 Wedding

10/27/2010 AOS/EAD/AP NOA1s

12/22/2010 EAD/AP Approved

04/05/2011 AOS Approved - no interview

04/09/2011 Green Card received

01/24/2013 ROC NOA1

06/28/2013 ROC Approved - no interview

07/05/2013 10-year Green Card received

08/19/2014 N-400 NOA

12/06/2014 N-400 Interview

01/09/2014 Naturalization ceremony

My husband is now a US Citizen! Our journey is over!

20r8m4.png

WdKPm5.png

8PEOm5.png

Our I-90 was denied because they determined that the GC was mailed to the address they had on file. We made an Infopass appointment and spoke with an immigration officer and could not get a straight answer about anything! We had moved in April and filed AR-11s for all three applications (I-485, I-131, and I-765). We were told the AR-11s were not showing up in the system...it seemed to be a total waste but the info pass helped us regroup. We went home and gathered all of our documents/evidence and we called our Senator's office for assistance. I wrote a detailed letter of our situation to the Senator's office. The Senator's aid was able to find out that there may have been an error in denying our case. Each person's situation is going to be different but the main thing I will say is to be persistent and stay on them! I will update as soon as we know more. Right now they said it may take up to 30 days to make a determination!

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Can you update this thread with what's happened and how you got the denial to be reviewed? It benefits others to have the info in the forum rather than a PM.

I updated the info! :blush: I asked jonny5 to PM me since they are here in Atlanta, GA to give them the contacts for Georgia Senators! :thumbs:

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.