DedicatedWife

I-90 Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card Denied!!!

36 posts in this topic

Help!!! Has anyone had their I-90 Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card denied and what were the reasons???

Here's our story: We were approved on our I-485 on June 16, 2010. We never received the GC. My husband and I called and was told we needed to complete the I-90 application and that we would not have to pay a fee since he never received the card. So we fill out the application and get a NOA on September 27, 2010. Today we get e-mail/text notification that a decision has been made: Denied and the reason(s) why is being mailed to us. Our next steps or options will be included in the letter...for some reason I feel like they want the fee paid. :whistle:

Can anyone else share their experience? Please don't tell me we're the only ones to ever go through this in the history of VJ :unsure::angry::blink::wacko:

Thanks!!!! :crying:

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Unfortunately "Lost in Mail" tends to be a hard one to prove, USCIS probably has record of mailing the card, and no record of it being returned and undeliverable.

This is one of those cases where you may have to bite the bullet and pay the $450 FEE for a replacement card.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Unfortunately "Lost in Mail" tends to be a hard one to prove, USCIS probably has record of mailing the card, and no record of it being returned and undeliverable.

This is one of those cases where you may have to bite the bullet and pay the $450 FEE for a replacement card.

Thank you YuAndDan...that's what I'm thinking as well. Just hurts to have to come out of our pockets once again! I'll wait and see what the actual letter says!

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Or not - OP if all other mail has made it to you and you haven't moved - stand your ground and involve the congressional liaison for assistance with this.

It should be up to USCIS to prove they created AND mailed the green card - they don't have the proof yet they demand you pay again for service you already paid for which they never delivered.

PM me if you want to see what we sent to my husband's congressman when my green card (CR-1) hasn't been mailed in over 6 months after POE. We fought and got it in the end with the assistance of congressman - 1 month shy of 1 year anniversary of POE.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

How badly do you want to have the card?

If your lost GC is conditional, you could wait out until it is time to remove conditions and then get a 10 year GC. You could ask for a stamp in your passport at the USCIS office for now.

Do you have your name on your mailbox? They will not leave GC there if it is not (even though the rest of the mail is delivered no problem).

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

How badly do you want to have the card?

If your lost GC is conditional, you could wait out until it is time to remove conditions and then get a 10 year GC. You could ask for a stamp in your passport at the USCIS office for now.

Do you have your name on your mailbox? They will not leave GC there if it is not (even though the rest of the mail is delivered no problem).

I dont think they will get a stap if they cannot show evidence/proof that a case is pending.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Timeline

PM me if you want to see what we sent to my husband's congressman when my green card (CR-1) hasn't been mailed in over 6 months after POE. We fought and got it in the end with the assistance of congressman - 1 month shy of 1 year anniversary of POE.

You really went through a journey... glad you're able to share.

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

DW t4621.gif

Just popping in to show my support girl! (F)

Hope you are able to get this resolved with the help of congress without having to pay the fee over! :bonk:

Give thanks that he is here, he is legal, and you have proof you did everything needed on your part! :thumbs:

I am praying the card soon come!

Timeline

Yeah?

Hi officer,

I have landed a job, but to hire me, they need me to show them a proof of my status...

(my current job is asking to show them a renewed document)

(I am going to visit my family in another country next month)

Can I pleeease have a stamp?

It is highly unlikely they will say no.

It is highly likely they will say you should file to re-place it. So you answer - I did and they denied me, so I am trying to figure out what to do, but meanwhile, I want the stamp, please!

They will give the stamp. In the unlikely event that they don't, what have you lost, a trip to USCIS?

I dont think they will get a stap if they cannot show evidence/proof that a case is pending.

CR-1 Timeline

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Im here to show some support too. They KNOW they are wrong... Just try to fight it cuz and talk to the other member here who had the same issues. The members on this site are so helpful... Sometimes I just don't understand this process. USCIS are a trip. Just contact the Congressman's office and stay on it (which I know you will). I would be hotter than fish grease too! (L)

Timeline

Yeah?

Hi officer,

I have landed a job, but to hire me, they need me to show them a proof of my status...

(my current job is asking to show them a renewed document)

(I am going to visit my family in another country next month)

Can I pleeease have a stamp?

It is highly unlikely they will say no.

It is highly likely they will say you should file to re-place it. So you answer - I did and they denied me, so I am trying to figure out what to do, but meanwhile, I want the stamp, please!

They will give the stamp. In the unlikely event that they don't, what have you lost, a trip to USCIS?

Understood but again you have to be able to show proof of Residency they dont just issue out I-551 stamps of "convenience" just because you explained an issue. No. The stamp will only be given if you're able to prove your case. So for this purpose... She can try doing one of two things.. 1. taking the original approval notice dated June 16, 2010 to the office to request a stamp on the basis that the cased was never received... which would lead to number 2. Showing them the September 27, 2010 notice that was received after filing to replace the PRC. The office would see that the case(2nd) was denied and could grant the stamp based on the FIRST approval or require they file again. But know that they cannot approve a stamp based on a denied application/something that wasn't accepted by USCIS upon receipt from the applicant. Someone talk to me if i'm not on track here..

Best of luck.

Edited by RICARDO4EVA2

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Timeline

The stamp is given to prove the LPR status if there is no GC on hand.

Even if the OP re-applied with I-90, how long will it take to receive a new GC? Months.

So she will be given an I551 stamp, based on (1) her AOS was approved (2) she claims her GC to be never received.

OP, do not hide from the officer that your I-90 got denied. It does not matter. Denial based on lack of the questionable fee does not change the fact that you are an LPR and you currently have no paper to prove it (AOS approval letter is not sufficient for travel or work).

Let's see... I think I accumulated about 3 of those stamps in my passport :devil:

Understood but again you have to be able to show proof of Residency they dont just issue out I-551 stamps of "convenience" just because you explained an issue. No. The stamp will only be given if you're able to prove your case. So for this purpose... She can try doing one of two things.. 1. taking the original approval notice dated June 16, 2010 to the office to request a stamp on the basis that the cased was never received... which would lead to number 2. Showing them the September 27, 2010 notice that was received after filing to replace the PRC. The office would see that the case(2nd) was denied and could grant the stamp based on the FIRST approval or require they file again. But know that they cannot approve a stamp based on a denied application/something that wasn't accepted by USCIS upon receipt from the applicant. Someone talk to me if i'm not on track here..

Best of luck.

CR-1 Timeline

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Timeline

The stamp is given to prove the LPR status if there is no GC on hand.

Even if the OP re-applied with I-90, how long will it take to receive a new GC? Months.

So she will be given an I551 stamp, based on (1) her AOS was approved (2) she claims her GC to be never received.

OP, do not hide from the officer that your I-90 got denied. It does not matter. Denial based on lack of the questionable fee does not change the fact that you are an LPR and you currently have no paper to prove it (AOS approval letter is not sufficient for travel or work).

Let's see... I think I accumulated about 3 of those stamps in my passport :devil:

I already told you and everyone else what the deal is... so there you go.

The OP did not receive the Decision letter in the mail to know the basis of the denial.. so how did you come to determine that it was a "missing fee?"... SMH. i'm done.

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

We went through the same problem of never receiving my wife's green card. Unfortunately we had to pay the $450 with the I-90 because my wife needed the I-551 stamp to travel to Colombia next week. We went to congressman Dan Lipinski's Chicago office here and all they did was call USCIS(who told them they mailed the card in Oct) and print us copies of the I-90(which we could have done at home). I also wrote to both Illinois senators but was not contacted by their offices either.

Some people have had luck fighting this but it could take months so you have to be persistent.

Thanks for all the responses and care and concern. I will update you guys on our progress with this! Stay tuned... :thumbs:

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.