4izenough

2nd K1 Visa

10 posts in this topic

Let pose a question. I already had a K1 visa 8 yrs ago. everything went well until she decided to divorce me (there's more to this story) the divorce has been final for over yr now. So now i'm going for another K1 visa. What are my chances of this being rejected or approved from INS etc..on my 2nd K1 Visa

i think u will be fine, my fiance did his 1st k1 visa over 13 yrs. ago.. then she divorce her x- wife then the other yr. 2009, we had a k1 visa that was approved but withdrew for personal reason, then now its his 3rd k1 visa but for me again..(same beneficiary and same petitioner)...

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

First of all, it hasn't been INS for years, it's USCIS

Second, you'll need to report the 1st K-1 and make sure your current fiance is aware of the previous K-1 and marriage

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Let pose a question. I already had a K1 visa 8 yrs ago. everything went well until she decided to divorce me (there's more to this story) the divorce has been final for over yr now. So now i'm going for another K1 visa. What are my chances of this being rejected or approved from INS etc..on my 2nd K1 Visa

My 2nd K-1visa just got approved ( the1st one did not work out and I came back before the 3month period). You'll be fine, just make sure you tell them about the previos K-1.

Good luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Second, you'll need to report the 1st K-1 and make sure your current fiance is aware of the previous K-1 and marriage

Good luck

It is probably common sense that he disclose it, but since this is outside the timing requirements there is no required disclosure of anything previous per any rules.

YMMV

My understanding is that if the prvious visa issues were less than twe years only there will be a some suspicions...I think you will be fine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

My husband filed a K1 visa for ex-wife 13 years ago. At the time it was still INS :yes:

Anyway, there was no problem with the second petition for me. You just have to make sure that:

+ Your fiance knows about it, including when the marriage was terminated (important info for the K1 interview)

+ You have the papers proving that divorce is final and you are free to marry

+ You inform USCIS, checking the proper boxes in the biographic forms.

So be ready, be honest and he only thing you are going to get is an approval saying that they've noticed that this is the second K1 petition. B-)

Good luck! :thumbs:

Edited by Precious

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Naturalization approved: 04-02-2013

Oath ceremony: 04-24-2013

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

My husband filed a K1 visa for ex-wife 13 years ago. At the time it was still INS :yes:

Anyway, there was no problem with the second petition for me. You just have to make sure that:

+ Your fiance knows about it, including when the marriage was terminated (important info for the K1 interview)

+ You have the papers proving that divorce is final and you are free to marry

+ You inform USCIS, checking the proper boxes in the biographic forms.

So be ready, be honest and he only thing you are going to get is an approval saying that they've noticed that this is the second K1 petition. B-)

Good luck! :thumbs:

Completely agree. I have done some reading on this on the USCIS web site and basically it appears that as long as all information is being disclosed to both USCIS and to your current fiancee you wish to bring over here, then you should not have any problems. I am currently going through this process as well. My husband was already here in the US so we started with the I-130 after we were married but same rules apply basically. However, I am happy to read that you have been approved for your 2nd as well. I was a little concerned, this was the only thing that I was a little worried would create problems for us but hearing you were approved gives me some hope. Thanks for the post

event.png

Tuana and Kemal's Visa Journey

2010.07.10 We met

2010.10.28 First visit to meet in person

2010.10.31 We became engaged

2011.01.12 Second Visit with my Husband

2011.04.18 Third Visit with my Husband

2011.08.19 Married in Gaziantep Turkey, 4th Visit

2011.10.21 Visited with my Husband, 5th Visit

2011.11.22 SENT IN I-130 Application

2011.12.01 NOA1 Received

2012.02.16 Visited my Husband, 6th Visit

2012.05.08 NOA2 Received

2012.05.21 NVC Received

2012.07.02 Per NVC documents approved, waiting on interview date to be scheduled

2012.08.10 Visited my husband in Turkey, 7th Visit

2012.12.04 Visa Approved

Thank you all for the reply.. I really appreciate it.

My first k1 visa, divorced me after 8 yrs, two kids and bringing her parent to the US to leeched off me. All she's waiting on now is her siblings visa number to come up. And oh ya, she was seeing someone from work...

But after all that, i think my 2nd K1 is true love. I know this from my heart. Again thanks all for responding.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Good luck

:rofl:

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.