Damian&Kelly

Sandwiches

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

My husband and I work for my family owned cafe and are running out of special sandwiches to have. This cafe is different than most, it's for a warehouse/offices and the workers eat at our cafe almost every day for breakfast and lunch. So I was just curious of everyone's favorite sandwiches, burger toppings, hot dog/sausage topping and even breakfast, can be a US favorite or even from your home country.

Thanks,

Kelly

My favorite is: a Cheese Burger wrap with grilled onions and extra cheese Pittsburgh style (which is fries right in the wrap.) Pittsburgh style is pretty common here as I live in PA.

flag45.gif Damian & Kelly 1502.gif

Rugby, England >> Harrisburg, PA.

Summer 2005 -- Met on Pokerstars.com

June 15th, 2006 -- Met in Person

Feb 1st, 2008 -- Filed I-129F

May 2nd, 2008 -- Visa Interview = Approved. (91days)

May 27th, 2008 -- Damian moves to America!

July 23rd - 30th, 2008 -- Damian's Mum Comes to the US for our wedding.

July 25th, 2008 -- Wedding Day!

March 16th, 2009 -- AOS Sent

May 8th, 2009 -- EAD & AP Approved (51days)

July 14th, 2009 -- AOS Approved!! (118days)

July 21st, 2009 -- Green Card Received (125days)

No RFEs the whole process :) All done myself.

December 4th - 30th, 2009 -- Visited England

April 8th - 30th, 2010 -- Damian's Brother visits us here in PA.

January 19th, 2010 -- Damian got his PA license.

December 10th - 19th, 2010 -- Visited England

September 16th - 30th, 2011 -- Damian's Parents came to visit us here in PA.

June 1st, 2011 -- Mailed ROC to Vermont.

February 21st, 2012 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

April 14th, 2012 -- N-400 Sent to Dallas Lockbox

November 26th, 2012 – Damian Became a US Citizen!!!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

this is pretty yummy...

6 1/2 oz tuna in spring water, drained and flaked

1 cup chopped avocado

1/4 cup chopped tomato

1/4 diced red onions

1 tsp lemon juice

1 tsp parsley flakes

1 tbsp apple cider vinegar

mix the above ingredients together.... serve on bread or in a pita..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

jalapenas make any sammich better.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

my husband and i do this sometimes.. we grill hot-dogs and some bell pepper and onion ..then we put the grilled veggies on the hot-dog.. .. yum!

you could also wrap bacon around the hot-dog before grilling it, if you wanted..

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline

My husband and I work for my family owned cafe and are running out of special sandwiches to have. This cafe is different than most, it's for a warehouse/offices and the workers eat at our cafe almost every day for breakfast and lunch. So I was just curious of everyone's favorite sandwiches, burger toppings, hot dog/sausage topping and even breakfast, can be a US favorite or even from your home country.

Thanks,

Kelly

My favorite is: a Cheese Burger wrap with grilled onions and extra cheese Pittsburgh style (which is fries right in the wrap.) Pittsburgh style is pretty common here as I live in PA.

There's this place in Chicago called Kuma's Corner which has a burger called 'Lair of the Minotaur' Saw it on Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives - it looks so good, I want to plan a trip to go eat one.

Lair of the Minotaur

Caramelized Onions, Pancetta, Brie, Bourbon Soaked Pears -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf44RcjTcww

is my vid showing up? I can't see it

Edited by Lisa C

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

is my vid showing up? I can't see it

i see it.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

I owned a bakery/cafe and the most popular sandwich specials I had were always paninis and always quite simple. Tuna & avocado, turkey & artichoke, roast beef with swiss onions and thousand island type dressing, chicken parmesan, grilled veggies w/ basil oil, etc. Breakfasts I always had muffins, coffee cake, pastries, etc. When it was cold out I always did a soup of the day and those were really really popular. I put the soup of the day on a calendar so people knew what to expect throughout the month and most came back every time for their favorite.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

bacon makes any sandwich better - bacon grease even more so -

I've been in the hinterlands and freezing, so I added bacon grease to my fav sandwich -

(my recipe for 2 sandwiches)

(in a skillet)

fry up 5 pieces of bacon, taken them out, let them drain

quickly take 2 halves of a whole wheat or buckwheat or barley kaiser roll, dip in the bacon grease, set aside face up (grease drains INTO the bread this way)

then do it again with 2 more halves - by this time - most of the bacon grease is sopped up - don't forget to let the 2nd kaiser roll drain face up. Let the halves 'sit' for about 4 minutes, this gives the bread and grease time to marry and stiffen up.

then take 2 piles of turkey breast, chase em around in the left over bacon grease in the pan.

cut the bacon in half - 5 half pieces per sandwich - and then its:

1. mayonaisse on each kaiser roll half

2. bacon at the bottom

3. turkey breast next

4. cheese, 2 pieces, leave sandwich open till it melts a bit then

5. salad stuff

a variation would be (for me) to make a hot mayonaisse with 'Red ####### Sauce' (A USA-made Vietnamese hot sauce)

as you can see, this is time consuming, but for wintertime? need the extra fat so yer body can process it, stay warm...

try it ONCE, see if you like it, it really is time consuming to make (but ooooooooooooooooh so good)

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

the most popular sandwich specials I had were always paninis and always quite simple.

+1

I'll also vote for a BLT, or better yet, a BELT (Bacon, Egg, Lettuce, Tomato), but only when tomatoes are fresh/in-season (i.e. "summer", whenever that happens to be where you are).

06/18/10 Married

08/12/10 - Day 0 - Mailed I-130, I-485, I-765 (USPS Express Mail)

08/13/10 - Day 1 - Delivery Confirmation at USCIS Chicago Lockbox

08/20/10 - Day 8 - Electronic (E-mail/SMS) confirmation of acceptance/NOA issued for I-130, I-485, I-765

10/09/10 - Day 58 - EAD (I-765) case visible online, others still not showing up.

10/21/10 - Day 70 - Spoke to 2nd-tier support, got a "referral" opened on the biometrics appointment (as in, why isn't there one yet?)

10/29/10 - Day 78 - Biometrics appt letter received (scheduled for November 18 in Alexandria)

11/04/10 - Day 84 - Successful Walk-In Biometrics at Alexandria, VA

11/04/10 - Day 84 - Email/SMS notice of "Card Production Ordered"

11/09/10 - Day 89 - Email/SMS notice of "Card Production Ordered" (same text, same everything, just a second notice)

11/12/10 - Day 92 - Email/SMS notice of "EAD Approved"

11/12/10 - Day 92 - Received EAD card in mail (same day as notification of approval, no other snail mail notices)

12/07/10 - Day 117 - AOS Interview letter received (scheduled for January 10, 2011)

01/10/11 - Day 153 - AOS Interview complete - verbally approved, but we're not believing it until the card shows up.

01/14/11 - Day 157 - Electronic (E-mail/SMS) notification of approval of I-485

01/15/11 - Day 158 - Received notice of I-485 approval in mail

01/18/11 - Day 161 - Received Green Card in mail!

you could also wrap bacon around the hot-dog before grilling it, if you wanted..

I've done this on the grill and they aren't bad. I microwaved the bacon for a minute to get it cooked a bit before I put it on the dog. That way it comes out crispy without over cooking the hot dog.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Reuben sammich!!!

Buffalo Chicken SAMMICH!!!

Falafal sammich/pita

Chicken finger pita with cheese, lettuce, tomato sammich

***Also, you may want to look into a TORTA CUBANA....Very good once in a blue moon. But to tell you the truth the sammich is so big you get sick of it after about 6 bites..

torta_cubana.sized.jpg&sa=X&ei=SoY2TamyLNSRgQfBzKylAw&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNHG8P90o5BybL_9ppjtkrKrMVlBJw

http://lxixixl.com/k...s%20cubana/0/1/

***And by the way this site is really pissing me off on not letting me insert photos :angry::angry::angry:

Edited by Lord Infamous

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

I've done this on the grill and they aren't bad. I microwaved the bacon for a minute to get it cooked a bit before I put it on the dog. That way it comes out crispy without over cooking the hot dog.

you're a genius, really.

Einstein_Minkowski_Space_Time_Diagram.gif

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I'm gonna have to agree Bacon makes almost any sandwich. Thanks for all the ideas, that Torta Cubana is huge, not sure if we'd get people to try it but it's worth a go. People are so picky, me included tho. My husband is a vegetarian and is the master of the grilled as many cheese as he can sandwich, and he adds peas. We've tried the create your own grilled cheese but no one went much further than lettuce and tomato.

The Reuben is a hit, and we've put as many twists on it as we could.

Anyone tried a burger with a fried egg on it? and if not would you try it?

flag45.gif Damian & Kelly 1502.gif

Rugby, England >> Harrisburg, PA.

Summer 2005 -- Met on Pokerstars.com

June 15th, 2006 -- Met in Person

Feb 1st, 2008 -- Filed I-129F

May 2nd, 2008 -- Visa Interview = Approved. (91days)

May 27th, 2008 -- Damian moves to America!

July 23rd - 30th, 2008 -- Damian's Mum Comes to the US for our wedding.

July 25th, 2008 -- Wedding Day!

March 16th, 2009 -- AOS Sent

May 8th, 2009 -- EAD & AP Approved (51days)

July 14th, 2009 -- AOS Approved!! (118days)

July 21st, 2009 -- Green Card Received (125days)

No RFEs the whole process :) All done myself.

December 4th - 30th, 2009 -- Visited England

April 8th - 30th, 2010 -- Damian's Brother visits us here in PA.

January 19th, 2010 -- Damian got his PA license.

December 10th - 19th, 2010 -- Visited England

September 16th - 30th, 2011 -- Damian's Parents came to visit us here in PA.

June 1st, 2011 -- Mailed ROC to Vermont.

February 21st, 2012 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

April 14th, 2012 -- N-400 Sent to Dallas Lockbox

November 26th, 2012 – Damian Became a US Citizen!!!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I love grilled sandwiches and you almost can't go wrong with melted cheese along with just about anything, like grilled tomatoes and cheese on toasted bread.

For toppings, my favorite are sauerkraut, spinach, chili with cheese, corn chips, and jalapenos.

I think the bread can make or break a sandwich.