Damian&Kelly

Sandwiches

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Anyone tried a burger with a fried egg on it? and if not would you try it?

Nah. IMO, the whole trend of overloading on the cholesterol is just insane. Don't get me wrong, I love a good hamburger and I also love a fried egg sandwich, but when you start throwing all the badness together in one sandwich, that's just weird. It's like a kid who likes candy, so he unwraps all his favorite candies and mixes them together into a bowl and pours milk on it. Less is more.

Edited by 8TBVBN

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

mmm, I could go for a yummy carnitas torta right now.... you take some roasted pork, avocado or guacamole, lettuce and tomato and put it on a crusty white sandwich roll... you could put some jalapeño on it to...

you could use other kinds of meat too, like carne asada/marinated steak meat, chicken etc...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torta

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

We don't use avocado or guacamole very often at the cafe, and I think we should try using it more, not sure if the people will buy into it but it's worth a try. Worse comes to worse they say none of it on theirs which we're pretty used to already.

Now I'm hungry, thinking about having an egg sandwich, hubby's way.

A grilled cheese with scrambled egg, fried onion and a hash brown patty right on the sandwich.

flag45.gif Damian & Kelly 1502.gif

Rugby, England >> Harrisburg, PA.

Summer 2005 -- Met on Pokerstars.com

June 15th, 2006 -- Met in Person

Feb 1st, 2008 -- Filed I-129F

May 2nd, 2008 -- Visa Interview = Approved. (91days)

May 27th, 2008 -- Damian moves to America!

July 23rd - 30th, 2008 -- Damian's Mum Comes to the US for our wedding.

July 25th, 2008 -- Wedding Day!

March 16th, 2009 -- AOS Sent

May 8th, 2009 -- EAD & AP Approved (51days)

July 14th, 2009 -- AOS Approved!! (118days)

July 21st, 2009 -- Green Card Received (125days)

No RFEs the whole process :) All done myself.

December 4th - 30th, 2009 -- Visited England

April 8th - 30th, 2010 -- Damian's Brother visits us here in PA.

January 19th, 2010 -- Damian got his PA license.

December 10th - 19th, 2010 -- Visited England

September 16th - 30th, 2011 -- Damian's Parents came to visit us here in PA.

June 1st, 2011 -- Mailed ROC to Vermont.

February 21st, 2012 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

April 14th, 2012 -- N-400 Sent to Dallas Lockbox

November 26th, 2012 – Damian Became a US Citizen!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Nah. IMO, the whole trend of overloading on the cholesterol is just insane. Don't get me wrong, I love a good hamburger and I also love a fried egg sandwich, but when you start throwing all the badness together in one sandwich, that's just weird.

A fried egg on top of a burger is actually very common at bars and grills around here. Well, not very common, but I see it on a lot of menus in restaurants that have a wide selection of burgers (5-7).

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

We don't use avocado or guacamole very often at the cafe, and I think we should try using it more, not sure if the people will buy into it but it's worth a try. Worse comes to worse they say none of it on theirs which we're pretty used to already.

Why don't you put a suggestion box out and let your clients know you are willing to prepare any type of sandwich.

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

I love grilled sandwiches and you almost can't go wrong with melted cheese along with just about anything, like grilled tomatoes and cheese on toasted bread.

For toppings, my favorite are sauerkraut, spinach, chili with cheese, corn chips, and jalapenos.

I think the bread can make or break a sandwich.

The bread is probably the most important part. A good deli always has a special roll or bread to set it apart from the competition.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline

The bread is probably the most important part. A good deli always has a special roll or bread to set it apart from the competition.

Amen to that.

Why don't you put a suggestion box out and let your clients know you are willing to prepare any type of sandwich.

Excellent idea. They could even offer to name the sandwich after the customer whose idea makes it on the menu. Customers would love to have that kind of input.

Timeline

A fried egg on top of a burger is actually very common at bars and grills around here. Well, not very common, but I see it on a lot of menus in restaurants that have a wide selection of burgers (5-7).

Yeah, I don't get it. Same with adding bacon to everything. It reminds me of the the movie Elf, where he likes to add maple syrup to everything.

Timeline

We have tried the suggestions box, and used many of the suggestions and have special sandwiches named after some of our customers. We also use some of the customers as guinea pigs for some of our creations such as a crispy chicken Caesar quisadilla and everything with Cole slaw on top.. not my fave but does go over pretty well. We have some Pennsylvania Dutch specials as well such as Chicken and Waffles.. almost everyone's fave around here. We're actually located in a Footlocker warehouse, and last year they decided to go healthy so we've done every healthy special you can think of and none of it sells not like the BLTs and Burgers. We've even brought in turkey bacon, turkey burgers, veggie burgers and on occasion bison burgers.

Timeline

Italian roll, veal cutlet, prosciutto, tomato slices, fresh mozzarella slices, olive oil, and basil. The same thing with a chicken cutlet. Homemade at a local Italian deli. Two of Lenny's specialties. :thumbs:

That's actually today's special. I'm not working today but My hubby will let me know how that one goes. Using chicken today on a grilled ciabatta roll.

Tomorrows is BBQ chicken, with grilled onions, Swiss on a grilled Portuguese roll. << This one we normally sell out of the chicken by the end of the day.