Jenifer2010

Survivor's Guilt

51 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Just curious if I am the only K1 NOA2 holder who feels bad (yet secretly elated) for having my application processed before others who applied before me? Especially, when I have no real reason to go first (other than perhaps to cure my OCD in checking the USCIS web site). To July- August 16th filers, sorry for "cutting". :whistle:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moving to K-1 progress report forum.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

As a Canadian, I've sometimes felt bad (yet secretly elated) for not having to deal with hostile, suspicious, uncommunicative US consulates, to anything like the extent of many people here. It's probably a similar feeling.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Just curious if I am the only K1 NOA2 holder who feels bad (yet secretly elated) for having my application processed before others who applied before me? Especially, when I have no real reason to go first (other than perhaps to cure my OCD in checking the USCIS web site). To July- August 16th filers, sorry for "cutting". :whistle:

I don't mean to sound harsh to others but you should be thinking about you and your life not others K1's. It's fantastic you have got NOA2 well done and yay!!!! We don't know the reasons why some take longer than others filed at the same time but you should be whistling this is great news for you. You know when we were going through K1 I did not have this site and suffered it all on my own mainly with my now husband and my daughter. SO I know how you feel getting NOA2. Good luck for the future and concentrate on you at the same time you can empathise with others. But bottom line you are on your way. :thumbs:

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I think this is something better to keep to yourself. Maybe it's just me but it comes across a bit more like boasting than actually feeling guilty.

08-07-10 | I129-F Sent

08-17-10 | NOA1 Received

10-03-10 | Touched

02-03-11 | RFE hardcopy received (AWESOME!!)

03-06-11 | RFE response sent overnight

03-14-11 | USCIS received RFE response

04-04-11 | Contacted senator

04-14-11 | NOA2 Received (241 Days from NOA1 or 7 months, 29 days)

04-22-11 | NVC Sent Package to China

05-16-11 | Guangzhou Consulate received Package from NVC

06-05-11 | P4 Received

06-15-11 | Medical Exam

06-16-11 | Handed in documents to consulate

06-17-11 | Interview Passed

06-23-11 | Visa in hand

06-28-11 | Expected Arrival in New York

08-24-11 | Tied the knot

12-15-11 | Biometrics Taken for AOS

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Thanks for the kind words from most. To JiaYou, I really do feel bad for those who have waited longer than I as I understand what they are going thru. I understand there is nothing to be done from my end but the processing order seems sad and unfair at times. Best wishes to all.

Edited by Jenifer2010

Thanks for the kind words from most. To JiaYou, I really do feel bad for those who have waited longer than I as I understand what they are going thru. I understand there is nothing to be done from my end but the processing order seems sad and unfair at times. Best wishes to all.

Jenifer, don't worry about it too much. I have been and still am in your situation. I know exactly how you feel but the reality is that neither you nor I did anything to advantage ourselves to the disadvantage of others. I am happy for me and my fiancee and I am also happy for those who I have gotten to know through the wait when they get theirs. And I'll be very happy for those who are still waiting when they get theirs.

7-30-07 - Met in Santa Marta, Colombia

9-19-08 - Engaged

7-13-10 - I-129F sent by USPS Expressmail to VSC;

10-18-10 - NOA2!!!!!!!!!! (Received in hand 10-22-10)

11-12-10 - Sent email to Embassy asking about petition; response "Petition rec'd; send in documents"; sent same day

11-24-10 - Called the Department of State; interview has been scheduled

11-29-10 - Package 3 received by beneficiary

01-19-11 - Interview - VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

01-27-11 - Passport received; visa in hand

02-08-11 - POE - Fort Lauderdale, Fla MISSED FLIGHT; 02-10-11 - POE second time's the charm. Easy POE. Welcome to the USA.

03-04-11 - Married

AOS

05-08-11 - Mailed out I-485, I-765 & I-131;

05-16-11 - Text & email msgs with Receipt Number

05-17-11 - Applied for Expedited AP as Victoria's mother was very ill; 05-18-11 - Picked up AP document

05-20-11 - Victoria returns to Colombia; NOA1 for all 3 forms arrive

06-03-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; RFE 06-07-11 - RFE arrives for 2010 Tax Return

06-08-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; Post Office returned a letter that was sent by USCIS; 06-09-11 - Issue resolved

06-14-11 - RFE response sent; 06-21-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; RFE response under review

06-29-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; Case transferred to CSC

08-30-11 - Victoria returns to US

08-31-11 - Biometrics done; Text message - "EAD Card Production ordered"

09-11 - Case transferred back from CSC

11-22-11 - Interview in Albany Field Office. AOS APPROVED.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

I think this is something better to keep to yourself. Maybe it's just me but it comes across a bit more like boasting than actually feeling guilty.

yup, I agree. :angry:

Met - September 13 2007 in Birmingham Alabama

Engaged - February 12 2010 in Linlithgow Palace, Scotland

NOA1 - July 8 2010

N0A2 - January 18

Medical Passed - March 15

Interview - April 12.. = APPROVED!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A lot of objective variables come into play when these petitions are on the processing floor of one of the USCIS centers. (One of these is that a petition file can be grabbed and used as a training example for newly hired processors.) There's no doubt that it's tough to WAIT, especially on something as personal as a family-based petition, but the person whose petition is approved "first" or "early" isn't to blame.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

i know its wrong to say but #### it i dont give a damn .i was honestly bothered by how some people got uberly happy when their cases which were filed after me got approved before me ( a couple of people got theirs approved early ) and even as wrong as it was and feels now i hated a couple of people for expediting their cases for a couple of hours,but you know these are normal emotions,its like studying hard for an exam and getting a lower mark than your best friend,its not a big deal and it passes,but it happens.i personally would have appreciated it if someone said that they feel the way you do.thats just me do

Edited by thelastpetitioner

I got mine done in 49 days and my AOS in just a month or so after it was transferred to CSC and while I'm sure luck played into it a bit, I also think that my highly organized and efficient stack of papers helped speed my petition along. Did you do that as well? Think about the adjudicators: they are human too. If they see someone's petition that's all neat and ready to go and just needs their rubber stamp, there's more human incentive to cross it off their list more quickly than others that are disorganized.

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Congratulations I am sooo excited for you guys to be reunited!!! Don't feel guilty you've earned your approval being apart for months!!!

Edited by Sunny1678

I got mine done in 49 days and my AOS in just a month or so after it was transferred to CSC and while I'm sure luck played into it a bit, I also think that my highly organized and efficient stack of papers helped speed my petition along. Did you do that as well? Think about the adjudicators: they are human too. If they see someone's petition that's all neat and ready to go and just needs their rubber stamp, there's more human incentive to cross it off their list more quickly than others that are disorganized.

How you present your package has very little to no impact on how quicky it gets approved. USCIS takes it apart and reorganizes it to fit their system.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We filed our neatly organized application on July 23rd. Now we are counting everyday! I want to go over and help her move before I get into a busy work season which could start soon. Congrats - don't worry, be happy - blah, blah, blah - the only thing you owe us is to include us on your prayer list or karma list or whatever! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.