Martin and Tricia

Problem getting a sponsor :(

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

what will happen if we don't have any documents regarding sponsoring at the interview ? we are having a hard time finding someone to co-sponsor.

what do we do, if we don't find a sponsor before the interview ?

July 7 i will arrive in Atlanta -> Chattanooga. I'm so excited !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

They will usually give you some more time- 30 0r b90 days is common- and then deny the visa if you still can't fullfill the AOS.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

They will usually give you some more time- 30 0r b90 days is common- and then deny the visa if you still can't fullfill the AOS.

That's what they do at the interview. The method used is to give you a denial slip indicating ineligibility due to section 221g of the immigration act. That slip should then have a box checked indicating they need an affidavit of support.

HOWEVER, most consulates won't give you an interview UNTIL you send them a checklist indicating you have the financial papers (I-134 package) in your possession. Some don't give an interview until after you SEND them the I-134 package. So, pay close attention to the instructions they give you. Do not lie and tell them you have something you don't have. They don't like that at all.

The bottom line is, there will be no visa without an affidavit of support and supporting documents from the petitioner AND (if the petitioner is not qualified) a qualified sponsor.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

That's what they do at the interview. The method used is to give you a denial slip indicating ineligibility due to section 221g of the immigration act. That slip should then have a box checked indicating they need an affidavit of support.

HOWEVER, most consulates won't give you an interview UNTIL you send them a checklist indicating you have the financial papers (I-134 package) in your possession. Some don't give an interview until after you SEND them the I-134 package. So, pay close attention to the instructions they give you. Do not lie and tell them you have something you don't have. They don't like that at all.

The bottom line is, there will be no visa without an affidavit of support and supporting documents from the petitioner AND (if the

petitioner is not qualified) a qualified sponsor.

Well said pushbrk, straight and to the point.. I like that! :thumbs:

Fatih and Kelly's Visa Journey

2010- 12-10: Sent I-130 and DS-230 Complete Package to US Embassy in Ankara, Turkey via UPS

which included everything BUT the Kitchen SINK!

2010-12-13: Per UPS, Package has been received at American Consulate in Ankara, Turkey

2011-01-20: Received Email from US Embassy in Ankara

INTERVIEW DATE 03/08/2011 @ 8:30 am !!!

2011-03-08: Placed in AP

I will NEVER give up and WILL fight to the END!

Apologies if I state in a comment that my husband and I have been together for years & years. It's just that I can hardly remember a time when he and I were not together.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

what will happen if we don't have any documents regarding sponsoring at the interview ? we are having a hard time finding someone to co-sponsor.

what do we do, if we don't find a sponsor before the interview ?

Then you are not ready to support a foreign immigrant and need to cancel those plans until you are able. The income requirement are actually very minimal and if you don't have that income then you need to upgrade your own life before you tackle being responsible for another, if only makes sense. It may not seem fair but it really is considering the hardship you both would incur if you tried now.

Edited by baron555

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uruguay
Timeline

Then you are not ready to support a foreign immigrant and need to cancel those plans until you are able. The income requirement are actually very minimal and if you don't have that income then you need to upgrade your own life before you tackle being responsible for another, if only makes sense. It may not seem fair but it really is considering the hardship you both would incur if you tried now.

I would like to know what is the minimal income???

K-1 VISA

02-03-2011 - I-129F sent

02-04-2011 - I-129F received. Signed by Vill.

02-10-2011 - NOA1 (Email-message)

02-15-2011- NOA1 (Hard-copy received)

03-06-2011 - NOA2(email-text message)

NOA2 (3 MONTHS,3 WEEKS,4 DAYS)

06-15-2011- Packet 3 received by email

08-04-2011- Packet 3 Back to the Embassy

08-25-2011- Packet 4 Received (Interview day:09-08-2011)

09-08-2011- Interview (APPROVED)

09-13-2011- Visa Received (It took only 3 business days)

09-22-2011- POE

09-23-2011- My baby's B-day!

AOS

11-18-2011- We got married!

01-20-2012- AOS package sent

01-23-2012- AOS package received by USCIS

01-27-2012- NOA1 (email)

02-01-2012- NOA 1 (Hard-Copy Received)

02-07-2012- Biometrics Appointment Notice Received

02-13-2012- Email saying case was transferred to another office(Waiting for the hard copy to see where it was sent)

02-17-2012- Hard-Copy received- AOS transferred to CSC

02-21-2012- Biometrics Appointment-

03-13-2012- Biometrics Retaken due to they didn't take right my fingerprints.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I would like to know what is the minimal income???

The 2010 levels were 18,213 for a family of 2 people. More if there are children involved.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.