Brusik

Horror Stories

108 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Lisamarie, yes, I think you and I have a substantive relationship - nothing shallow. When you find a good Moroccan man, you have a prince. Many men in Morocco are looking for a woman with good character, intelligent, kind, and loving. They put that way far above a lot of the superficial requirements of many American men. I hate to say that, but it's true. I've teen to Algeria and have been to Morocco four times and each time I stay a month or longer. I know this culture very very well. I've lived in different villages with friends. There's the guy who meets you on the street and says "I love you" in five minutes. Then there's the man who wants to assure a happy home and make the right choice and he wants to know all about you before he'd ever say I love you. Our plan B is to get an apt in Rabat if we're going to have to wait for another year. In fact I'm packing all my things now to put in storage and my husband is up there looking around to get an idea where we would like to live. Rabat's weather is more like Miami.

Timeline

I'm sorry Inky but i disagree.USCIS is Funded!!!!!!!People are not waiting to get paid so they can process... It's a travesty that people's cases were sent from CSC to TSC and still nothing has been done. It doesn't take 10 minutes to do a checklist..

Form filled ok ....check

Marriage Certificate.... check

Passort......check

Address..... check

etc

Because someone left a blank box doesn't mean they should wait another 2 months because no one had time to look at it.

I work for the State and I see how money is wasted and time wasted because of beaurocracy. I work with disabled, elderly etc. As long as the powers to be have their money people mean nothing. They are treated like cattle.. I am not saying this is how USCIS operates but there has to be a more viable and efficient way to operate when it comes to matters of this importance..

Timeline

Go ahead and say it! They are treated like cattle. I think my husband and I are being treated like cockroaches. And the sad part is, I kind of have the feeling we are a much higher caliber than the interviewer. When I wrote to her I said. "I think you are misplacing who the fraudulent people are. I'm sorry, but I know who my husband is. I know who I am. What about you"

i get it. it's a painful experience to be away from your loved one while we wait for the process to run it's course...

but what i don't understand is why people act like it's a surprise. why the whole self-entitled rants? "i'm mr and miss U.S. Citizen and i demaaaaaand some service"!!!! i mean, the U.S. Govt. didn't MAKE you marry someone that isn't a U.S. Citizen. we all knew it was not going to be "i now pronounce you U.S. Citizen because you married one", right?

if people hate the system so much then why not pack all your sh*t and move to your foreign mate's country? ohhhh that's right... because as much as people b*tch about the States, it's probably a whole lot better than the mate's country.

the time frame given to us are estimates. NOT U.S. BACKED GUARANTEES. if they want to get you out of there as quickly as possible or let you rot for an eternity, guess what, that's the choice we made.

NVC

4/14/2011: NVC RECEIVED-NO CASE NUMBER YET

4/19/2011: CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED

4/21/2011: AOS BILL PAID

5/04/2011: IV BILL GENERATED AND PAID

5/11/2011: AOS & IV PACKET SENT

5/13/2011: NVC RECEIVED

5/24/2011: RFE

5/25/2011: RFE SENT

6/02/2011: ADVANCED MEDICAL DAY 1

6/03/2011: ADVANCED MEDICAL DAY 2 PASSED

6/08/2011: SIF

6/09/2011: CC

7/15/2011: 2 YEAR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY

8/03/2011: INTERVIEW

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Go ahead and say it! They are treated like cattle. I think my husband and I are being treated like cockroaches. And the sad part is, I kind of have the feeling we are a much higher caliber than the interviewer. When I wrote to her I said. "I think you are misplacing who the fraudulent people are. I'm sorry, but I know who my husband is. I know who I am. What about you"

I think that you had the bad luck of having a "butthead" for an Interview Officer like many of us are unfortunate to have had. You and your husband will have a great life together, no matter where it is. You can be with your husband and refile. I am retired, so I could pack up and be with my wife and wait on this process for however long it takes, but I would not survive the poor air quality where my wife lives. Best of luck to you....

April 2008 Met online ..................... March 2010.. 3 week visit......... 19 Nov...Sent DS230 & I-864

April 2009 Met in Chongqing .......... 09 March 2010 .. Marry.................17Dec...NVC lost 230 and 864

04 May 09 Apply K1 .................... 10 April .. Apply CR1....................20Dec..NVC found 230

18 May 09 NOA 1......................... 20 April... NOA1...........................28Dec..sent more 864 docs

16 Sep 09 NOA 2......................... 06 Oct..... NOA2...........................2011

08 Nov 09 P3................................... 21 Oct..... Have Case #..............21 Jan...SIF

06 Dec 09 P4............................... 30 OCt..... Have DS-3032...............26 Jan .. CC

29 Dec 09. Interview..................... 1 Nov..... email Ds-3032...............1 Apr, 3 week visit

29 Dec,,,,No Visa.......................... 1 Nov......paid AOS.......................4 May Interview.Approved..

9 Aug 2010 I-129F ended.............. 5 Nov......paid IV.........,,,,,,,,,,, ..... 28 June, Received Visa

............................................................................................................22 July, arrive USA..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

:thumbs: I agree: bring back Clinton :thumbs:

K1 Journey:

Filed: 2009-01-12... USCIS Approved: 2009-06-05... 1st Interview/Admin Review: 2009-09-09...2nd Interview/Approved: 2010-01-27

AOS Journey:

Filed: 2010-05-20... Interview: 2010-11-30... Approved: 2010-12-03... Card Rcvd: 2010-12-18...

Whew! Done!.... Well, for the next two years anyway...

Timeline

i get it. it's a painful experience to be away from your loved one while we wait for the process to run it's course...

but what i don't understand is why people act like it's a surprise. why the whole self-entitled rants? "i'm mr and miss U.S. Citizen and i demaaaaaand some service"!!!! i mean, the U.S. Govt. didn't MAKE you marry someone that isn't a U.S. Citizen. we all knew it was not going to be "i now pronounce you U.S. Citizen because you married one", right?

if people hate the system so much then why not pack all your sh*t and move to your foreign mate's country? ohhhh that's right... because as much as people b*tch about the States, it's probably a whole lot better than the mate's country.

the time frame given to us are estimates. NOT U.S. BACKED GUARANTEES. if they want to get you out of there as quickly as possible or let you rot for an eternity, guess what, that's the choice we made.

You say "don't understand", well you got that right. Wait until you have been working on this process for a couple of years, and then you may understand how people having problems. feel about this process. :blink:

April 2008 Met online ..................... March 2010.. 3 week visit......... 19 Nov...Sent DS230 & I-864

April 2009 Met in Chongqing .......... 09 March 2010 .. Marry.................17Dec...NVC lost 230 and 864

04 May 09 Apply K1 .................... 10 April .. Apply CR1....................20Dec..NVC found 230

18 May 09 NOA 1......................... 20 April... NOA1...........................28Dec..sent more 864 docs

16 Sep 09 NOA 2......................... 06 Oct..... NOA2...........................2011

08 Nov 09 P3................................... 21 Oct..... Have Case #..............21 Jan...SIF

06 Dec 09 P4............................... 30 OCt..... Have DS-3032...............26 Jan .. CC

29 Dec 09. Interview..................... 1 Nov..... email Ds-3032...............1 Apr, 3 week visit

29 Dec,,,,No Visa.......................... 1 Nov......paid AOS.......................4 May Interview.Approved..

9 Aug 2010 I-129F ended.............. 5 Nov......paid IV.........,,,,,,,,,,, ..... 28 June, Received Visa

............................................................................................................22 July, arrive USA..

Who are you? Employee of USCIS??? I think you understand nothing! And have no mercy for people who haven't seen each other for long long months if not a year! Wait till you are in the same boat as everybody else, maybe then you will understand how "great" US government is for keeping families apart, parents apart from their children, making everyone postpone their lives for almost a year. Do you think that is fair? I believe that all US citizens who do this legally, who pay taxes to their country have a right for a speedy approval, US government should help their citizens to be with their loved ones asap, but instead families are suffering separation and their hopes to be approved in 5months are lost. Do you think it is fair to state petitions will be approved in 5 months, when actually it takes much longer? Or do you think that it is fair to approve some people in 3 months {September filers] while others have to wait 6 months [June, July, August filers] or more although ALL of them have paid the same amount! I would suggest you to think better before you write something, OR at least write this when you have waited 5 months already!!!mad.gif I wanna see if after you have waited 5 months you would still be so eager to protect the government and say that everything is so right and fair!

And believe me in some aspects other countries are even better than US! So please don't be so "proud" being a USC, because there are so many fields there to be improved! Good luck!

USCIS journey
07/30/2010 I-130 sent
08/13/2010 NOA1
11/02/2010 Transferred to TSC
01/13/2011 NOA2 (approved in 5 months and 2 days since NOA1)
01/21/2011 Received hard copy of NOA2

USCIS journey completed in 155 days [165 days since priority date]

02/08/2011 TSC shipped approved petition to NVC

NVC journey (after 1 months and 5 days since approval)
02/17/2011 NVC case number assigned & invoice number given
02/18/2011 Emailed DS-3032
02/23/2011 Paid AOS
02/24/2011 DS-3032 accepted, received confirmation email.
02/24/2011 AOS fee marked as PAID
02/25/2011 AOS package sent
02/25/2011 IV fee invoiced and paid
02/28/2011 IV marked as paid, IV package sent
03/15/2011 SIF!!!
03/16/2011 Case complete!
03/25/2011 Interview date assigned
04/11/2011 Medical- DONE!!!!

05/10/2011 Interview - approved!

05/12/2011 Visa received by courier
06/06/2011 POE Dublin
07/05/2011 Welcome letter received
07/25/2011 Received GREEN CARD!

08/01/2011 Social security by mail

11/09/2011 Driver licence in hand! Wooo hooo wink.png

ROC
15/04/2013 ROC docs sent to Vermont

03/05/2013 NOA1 received

05/10/2013 Biometrics letter received

Timeline

malika215 I feel your pain. First go around with this process felt I had all the t's crossed and i's dotted. Guess what same results for my wife and I in Guangzhou. Age differance maybe? Turned down as not a bonified relationship. Now we have re-filed 6/3/2010 for IR/1 because we will be married for 3 years come 4/29. Still waiting for NOA2 soon 7 month's. My wife and I have been apart for 1 year now trying to do this ####### again that's why I'm going to be with her for a month. If this fails this time I will no longer feed the monster(USCIS)with any more of my money. I'm retired so I can live very comfortable in China just wanted my wife to be able to meet my family and live here with me. As a US citizen it should be my right to bring my wife here but sadly our laws state it is a privilidge! Something is very wrong with the picture!

Bob S.

Edited by drbob

Who are you? Employee of USCIS??? I think you understand nothing! And have no mercy for people who haven't seen each other for long long months if not a year! Wait till you are in the same boat as everybody else, maybe then you will understand how "great" US government is for keeping families apart, parents apart from their children, making everyone postpone their lives for almost a year. Do you think that is fair? I believe that all US citizens who do this legally, who pay taxes to their country have a right for a speedy approval, US government should help their citizens to be with their loved ones asap, but instead families are suffering separation and their hopes to be approved in 5months are lost. Do you think it is fair to state petitions will be approved in 5 months, when actually it takes much longer? Or do you think that it is fair to approve some people in 3 months {September filers] while others have to wait 6 months [June, July, August filers] or more although ALL of them have paid the same amount! I would suggest you to think better before you write something, OR at least write this when you have waited 5 months already!!!mad.gif I wanna see if after you have waited 5 months you would still be so eager to protect the government and say that everything is so right and fair!

And believe me in some aspects other countries are even better than US! So please don't be so "proud" being a USC, because there are so many fields there to be improved! Good luck!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

let me ask you a question:

did you or did you NOT UNDERSTAND what you were getting yourself in to when you married someone you KNEW you had to petition?

the reason that i'm asking is that if the answer is YES, then you wouldn't be crying about what you're going through. apparently you don't understand what you were getting in to and also did not understand the point of my post.

so for all that read my little self righteous rant, either you take it with a grain of salt and act like some of the people here and just deal with it. WE ALL ARE. or go off on a crying tangent like the above. either way it isn't doing to make the process easier of faster.

NVC

4/14/2011: NVC RECEIVED-NO CASE NUMBER YET

4/19/2011: CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED

4/21/2011: AOS BILL PAID

5/04/2011: IV BILL GENERATED AND PAID

5/11/2011: AOS & IV PACKET SENT

5/13/2011: NVC RECEIVED

5/24/2011: RFE

5/25/2011: RFE SENT

6/02/2011: ADVANCED MEDICAL DAY 1

6/03/2011: ADVANCED MEDICAL DAY 2 PASSED

6/08/2011: SIF

6/09/2011: CC

7/15/2011: 2 YEAR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY

8/03/2011: INTERVIEW

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Well said.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

let me ask you a question:

did you or did you NOT UNDERSTAND what you were getting yourself in to when you married someone you KNEW you had to petition?

the reason that i'm asking is that if the answer is YES, then you wouldn't be crying about what you're going through. apparently you don't understand what you were getting in to and also did not understand the point of my post.

so for all that read my little self righteous rant, either you take it with a grain of salt and act like some of the people here and just deal with it. WE ALL ARE. or go off on a crying tangent like the above. either way it isn't doing to make the process easier of faster.

FYI, people get married because they LOVE each other and want to be together despite the country where they live, and not because they chose first where it is good to live and then decide to get married! Maybe you got married just to get a green card, so it is clear then why it gives you no pain to wait so long and why you don't understand anyone here, but for most people the separation is hard and just those who love will understand what i mean, but obviously you are in a totally different boat!

If you think US government and all those immigration laws are correct and good, great then, i wish you to be approved as you say after more than 5 months at USCIS! We'll see how optimistic you will be at the very end of this process, probably in Dec 2011!

Edited by skynaut

USCIS journey
07/30/2010 I-130 sent
08/13/2010 NOA1
11/02/2010 Transferred to TSC
01/13/2011 NOA2 (approved in 5 months and 2 days since NOA1)
01/21/2011 Received hard copy of NOA2

USCIS journey completed in 155 days [165 days since priority date]

02/08/2011 TSC shipped approved petition to NVC

NVC journey (after 1 months and 5 days since approval)
02/17/2011 NVC case number assigned & invoice number given
02/18/2011 Emailed DS-3032
02/23/2011 Paid AOS
02/24/2011 DS-3032 accepted, received confirmation email.
02/24/2011 AOS fee marked as PAID
02/25/2011 AOS package sent
02/25/2011 IV fee invoiced and paid
02/28/2011 IV marked as paid, IV package sent
03/15/2011 SIF!!!
03/16/2011 Case complete!
03/25/2011 Interview date assigned
04/11/2011 Medical- DONE!!!!

05/10/2011 Interview - approved!

05/12/2011 Visa received by courier
06/06/2011 POE Dublin
07/05/2011 Welcome letter received
07/25/2011 Received GREEN CARD!

08/01/2011 Social security by mail

11/09/2011 Driver licence in hand! Wooo hooo wink.png

ROC
15/04/2013 ROC docs sent to Vermont

03/05/2013 NOA1 received

05/10/2013 Biometrics letter received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mongolia
Timeline

[

Edited by misterbigtoe

th_Untitled-3.jpg?t=1294114030

03/2008--Met while working together in Mongolia
06/21/10--Married in Ulaanbaatar on the Summer solstice
USCIS
09/06/10--I-130 package mailed to USCIS Chicago Lockbox
12/14/10--NOA2 hardcopy rec'd, Dec 09 notice date<APPROVED>86 Days
NVC
12/22/10-NVC / IIN Number issued, AOS bill paid
12/26/10-DS-3032 emailed
January4............IV bill paid, discovered error by preparer
USCIS ROUND 2
01/04/11-- I-130 package for stepson sent express with expedite plea
01/11/11---Congressional expedite plea lodged with USCIS
01/20/11--- Notice date, APPROVED 14 days
NVC ROUND 2
01/26/11--- NVC/IIN Numbers issued, DS-3032 Emailed
02/07/11--- AOS/IV packages fedexed to NVC
02/24/11--- Both Cases Completed at NVC
CONSULAR
04/27/11--- Interview passed
05/29/11--- POE ORD
08/2011--- I-551s arrive

heart.gif NEW YEAR'S EVE 2011, WE WELCOME OUR BABY GIRL TO THE FAMILYheart.gif

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

04/18/13--- I-751 mailed

09/25/13---ROC approval

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

FYI, people get married because they LOVE each other and want to be together despite the country where they live, and not because they chose first where it is good to live and then decide to get married! Maybe you got married just to get a green card, so it is clear then why it gives you no pain to wait so long and why you don't understand anyone here, but for most people the separation is hard and just those who love will understand what i mean, but obviously you are in a totally different boat!

If you think US government and all those immigration laws are correct and good, great then, i wish you to be approved as you say after more than 5 months at USCIS! We'll see how optimistic you will be at the very end of this process, probably in Dec 2011!

Agreed!good.gifsome people are simply just insensitive. they open their big mouth as they please! well guess what and read on...your heartless opinion for us who've been suffering for many months being apart from our love ones is very much less needed to be heard. go somewhere else to post your inconsiderate comments coz honestly thats not what we wanna hear right nowtongue_ss.gifheadbonk.gif

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

Timeline

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.