Brusik

Horror Stories

108 posts in this topic

Funny sometimes how the view changes when the shoe is on the other foot eh?

Indeed, very much so!

USCIS California Service Center - Expedited

09-SEP-2010 : Mailed I130 Petition to Chicago Lockbox.

16-SEP-2010 : Received NOA1.

24-SEP-2010 : Expedite: service request

05-OCT-2010 : Supporting documents sent to CSC.

16-OCT-2010 : RFE received.

19-OCT-2010 : RFE response received at CSC.

22-OCT-2010 : I130 Petition APPROVED.

30-OCT-2010 : NOA2 Received in Mail

NVC - Expedited

27-OCT-2010 : Case Number Assigned

02-NOV-2010 : Expedite request emailed to NVC

10-NOV-2010 : Expedite approved - Case forwarded to Consulate

12-NOV-2010 : Medical

US Embassy - Expedited

18-NOV-2010 : Packet 3 email received.

19-NOV-2010 : Emailed DS230, DS2001

30-NOV-2010 : Interview - 9am Denied: 3 year bar (overstay) - i601 Waiver filed with expedite request

01-DEC-2010 : MP requests assistance from US Ambassador

03-DEC-2010 : Waiver transferred from USCIS to DHS

11-DEC-2010 : Waiver Receipt notification dated 07-DEC-2010

20-DEC-2010 : VISA/Waiver Approved

22-DEC-2010 : Approval letter received

24-DEC-2010 : Passport collected by courier

10-JAN-2011 : CR1 Visa Issued by IVU London

11-JAN-2011 : Passport / Visa delivered.

18-JAN-2011 : POE: EWR (Newark, New Jersey)

17-FEB-2011 : Welcome Letter Arrived

19-FEB-2011 : Green Card I-551 Arrived

I-130 Mailing to Approval (incl. waiver): 102 Days

OCT 2012 : Applied for Removal of Conditions

DEC 2012 : Received NOA1 (GC extention letter)

18-JAN-2013 : Biometrics walk in approved and completed

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mongolia
Timeline

Indeed, very much so!

Yes, the inevitable result of not being able to look beyond ones self!

th_Untitled-3.jpg?t=1294114030

03/2008--Met while working together in Mongolia
06/21/10--Married in Ulaanbaatar on the Summer solstice
USCIS
09/06/10--I-130 package mailed to USCIS Chicago Lockbox
12/14/10--NOA2 hardcopy rec'd, Dec 09 notice date<APPROVED>86 Days
NVC
12/22/10-NVC / IIN Number issued, AOS bill paid
12/26/10-DS-3032 emailed
January4............IV bill paid, discovered error by preparer
USCIS ROUND 2
01/04/11-- I-130 package for stepson sent express with expedite plea
01/11/11---Congressional expedite plea lodged with USCIS
01/20/11--- Notice date, APPROVED 14 days
NVC ROUND 2
01/26/11--- NVC/IIN Numbers issued, DS-3032 Emailed
02/07/11--- AOS/IV packages fedexed to NVC
02/24/11--- Both Cases Completed at NVC
CONSULAR
04/27/11--- Interview passed
05/29/11--- POE ORD
08/2011--- I-551s arrive

heart.gif NEW YEAR'S EVE 2011, WE WELCOME OUR BABY GIRL TO THE FAMILYheart.gif

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

04/18/13--- I-751 mailed

09/25/13---ROC approval

I have read many posts on this forum and it seems a good 30% of the people have difficulty with USCIS and getting out of the I-130 stage.. I see petitions that were filed in June and have been put on hold or transferred to TSC.This is January and still these documents are not completed. This isn't isolated incidents. I find it difficult to believe that people have to wait a year to get their spouses to this country.

I am only 1 month in the process and I wonder if this happens to me, I may just pack up all my belongings and move to where the wife is.. It's absolutely insane for people who try to obtain these visa's legally to be treated in this manner.

It's been 7 weeks since I left Georgia and me and the wife skype everyday and we also shed tears everyday.. We have known each other for over 2 years and it's not like we are trying to do anything illegal..We fell in love on skype and our meeting made the bond much stronger. She is my soulmate!!!

For the people who had their petitions transferred to TSC I wonder if they stayed in CSC, that they would be finished.

What really upsets me is that these documents sit on someone's desk for 2 months and are not even looked at. Then they find a mistake, a missing document or a blank box and then they want the process to start over. Why not simplify things and have someone check all this before the check is cashed..

It just seems to me that this is a very poor way of conducting a process that is so important to us.

Life is 2 short to have someone else control our destiny in such a manner.

I have been lucky to have Officers at tier 2 level that are compassionate and very informative. I hope that I never have to cope with the insensitive behavior of certain USCIS officials that I have read about on this forum.

When I was in Georgia the consulate told me 5-7 months maximum and my wife would have her visa.

Now I begin to wonder.........

Let's hope USCIS gets the New Year started in timely fashion................

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

No offense, but you just filed two months ago............wait until you've been waiting 5, 6, 7, 8, going on 9 months and then see how you feel........and no, we didn't have serious problems with our petition as I know that will be your next comment. We are both stable people, employed with good companies. I work for a PR Agency in Los Angeles and he works for one of the biggest companies in Morocco. I have been employed pretty much since I was 16 yrs old, give or take a couple of years. I make well over the required income to bring him here. We don't have a huge age difference. He has been employed for the same company for 7 years, and employed elsewhere before that. We both come from white collar families, mainly in business, healthcare, and education. Neither of us have a criminal record, traffic tickets, nothing......I put together a packet full of information, and many people have breezed through with much less than us. The only "mistake" in our file is that we got married on my first visit (per the attorney that I hired to help us) which in our minds is not a mistake and I would do it again. We spent zillions of hours talking on mic for a year before I went there, and I think we knew/know each other better than many married couples that live together side by side, on a daily basis....because we talk about everything and anything, we are both open and honest people. My husband is the most loving, caring, respectful man I have ever met and it pains me to be away from him this long and not knowing how much longer it will be.......I'm hoping for a 2011 summer interview now, at best. This is extremely difficult for us and many others........and you have no idea what is ahead of you. I hope that you breeze through, really I do. But if you do come across any problems, you will understand the anquish and frustration of everyone posting here. That's all.....

my whole point was that not everyone gets screwed. you're right. it is a matter of opinion to say that the service people are getting is substandard. what are you comparing it to? seriously, you act like you've never been to your local dmv and gotten screwed by the bitter person behind the desk.

all i'm saying is that bitching and moaning about the whole experience really is pointless. we all signed up for this, didn't we? we all knew exactly what was going to go down. 5 months and change at CIS and 4 and change at NVC blah blah blah. it's a choice to say boohoo look at me i have to wait months and months oh god forbid a year for my spouse. at the end of the day, though... did it make the wait go by faster? did it change the way the system is ran? no it didn't and it won't change anytime soon.

it's just my opinion that it's a little pathetic to bash the same system and the people who work in it and at the same time clamor to live in the country that employs that system.

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

5 to 7 months. Boy did they inform you wrong.

It takes 5 to 6 months just for the USCIS to process your I-130 and then its time for the NVC.

You should look carefully on the timeline data on visa journey for the average time between NOA2 (when I-130 is approved) and your interview date at the embassy. It could be anywhere between 3 months and 5 months.

So plan on 10 months and if it happens sooner, you will be happy.

Timeline

I forgot to say that not only did we marry on my first visit, but I didn't include payment for my flight, passport pages (only my birth certificate) which probably would've made a big difference, but I just followed the guides. And our chats came from MSN so they were pretty much discounted because they came from my received files....which I didn't know or realize, or even notice. Just wanted to add that, because I know there are other people that married on there first trip and didn't have problems.

No offense, but you just filed two months ago............wait until you've been waiting 5, 6, 7, 8, going on 9 months and then see how you feel........and no, we didn't have serious problems with our petition as I know that will be your next comment. We are both stable people, employed with good companies. I work for a PR Agency in Los Angeles and he works for one of the biggest companies in Morocco. I have been employed pretty much since I was 16 yrs old, give or take a couple of years. I make well over the required income to bring him here. We don't have a huge age difference. He has been employed for the same company for 7 years, and employed elsewhere before that. We both come from white collar families, mainly in business, healthcare, and education. Neither of us have a criminal record, traffic tickets, nothing......I put together a packet full of information, and many people have breezed through with much less than us. The only "mistake" in our file is that we got married on my first visit (per the attorney that I hired to help us) which in our minds is not a mistake and I would do it again. We spent zillions of hours talking on mic for a year before I went there, and I think we knew/know each other better than many married couples that live together side by side, on a daily basis....because we talk about everything and anything, we are both open and honest people. My husband is the most loving, caring, respectful man I have ever met and it pains me to be away from him this long and not knowing how much longer it will be.......I'm hoping for a 2011 summer interview now, at best. This is extremely difficult for us and many others........and you have no idea what is ahead of you. I hope that you breeze through, really I do. But if you do come across any problems, you will understand the anquish and frustration of everyone posting here. That's all.....

Met in December 2008

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Interview May 10

APPROVED

none taken.

since i am the one that just started my journey then i should be the one crying about the length of time it will take for it to all end, but i, unlike some people choose to just deal with it instead of whine about it. i, just like the rest of you really can't do anything to speed up this whole thing. bashing the faceless workers that are the pawns of the evil empire that is the USCIS is completely and utterly pointless (as regards to this whole topic is basically saying in the first place)

yes i understand that this forum isn't strictly for the administrative advice but also as a sounding board for people who just want to vent

what i don't understand is people can post that everyone is entitled to their opinion and then lash out at those who differ from their opinion.

there are filers who i've seen waited a year for their I-130 approval and end up just expressing their gratitude rather than spend the whole 12 months cursing the same system that they're relying on.

i can go on and on about what my point is but since it's obviously gone over some people's heads then so be it. like i said that was my 2 cents.

we can go about it in a positive manner such as encouraging people who filed after us or just be bitter little souls in some corner crying about the conspiracy of the U.S. Government to do them harm by keeping them away from their loved ones.

NVC

4/14/2011: NVC RECEIVED-NO CASE NUMBER YET

4/19/2011: CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED

4/21/2011: AOS BILL PAID

5/04/2011: IV BILL GENERATED AND PAID

5/11/2011: AOS & IV PACKET SENT

5/13/2011: NVC RECEIVED

5/24/2011: RFE

5/25/2011: RFE SENT

6/02/2011: ADVANCED MEDICAL DAY 1

6/03/2011: ADVANCED MEDICAL DAY 2 PASSED

6/08/2011: SIF

6/09/2011: CC

7/15/2011: 2 YEAR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY

8/03/2011: INTERVIEW

Timeline

I understand what you're saying and I haven't bashed anyone here, I mainly just read. We are just patiently waiting, as that's all we can do. But it is DIFFICULT.........I just wanted to point out why people are venting the way they are, because the waiting takes a toll on you after a while and you feel completely helpless in the situation because you have "no control" over it. You just wait and do a lot of hoping and praying because that's all you can do while you are waiting for someone else to decide if you are to be with your loved one.....

none taken.

since i am the one that just started my journey then i should be the one crying about the length of time it will take for it to all end, but i, unlike some people choose to just deal with it instead of whine about it. i, just like the rest of you really can't do anything to speed up this whole thing. bashing the faceless workers that are the pawns of the evil empire that is the USCIS is completely and utterly pointless (as regards to this whole topic is basically saying in the first place)

yes i understand that this forum isn't strictly for the administrative advice but also as a sounding board for people who just want to vent

what i don't understand is people can post that everyone is entitled to their opinion and then lash out at those who differ from their opinion.

there are filers who i've seen waited a year for their I-130 approval and end up just expressing their gratitude rather than spend the whole 12 months cursing the same system that they're relying on.

i can go on and on about what my point is but since it's obviously gone over some people's heads then so be it. like i said that was my 2 cents.

we can go about it in a positive manner such as encouraging people who filed after us or just be bitter little souls in some corner crying about the conspiracy of the U.S. Government to do them harm by keeping them away from their loved ones.

Met in December 2008

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

This is the price we pay for trying to bring our spouses into the country legally. We pay huge sums of money for a horrible service and nobody cares. Meanwhile, illegal immigrants have millions of people that support them through organazitons, congress, tax dollars, lawyers, professors, etc. I'm not saying that we should start a crusade against illegals, but I ask myself on a regular basis, "When will honest people like us who play by the rules organize or get some support from our own government and our own people?" We do everything we're supposed and we still get screwed. Our lives are completeley put on hold. We can't start a family or make any plans for the future without getting approval first from our government. How ridiculous!

Couldn't agree more. I have written to both of my Senators, and am writing to the Representative now regarding this. I think more of us need to do that to let them know just where our priorities are. I can get a two year visa with indefinate renewals to go and live with my wife in a matter of two weeks. Yet for her to come here it takes thousands of dollars and a year or more and can be denied for some nebulous reason at any point. Where is our Dream Act?

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

Who are you? Employee of USCIS??? I think you understand nothing! And have no mercy for people who haven't seen each other for long long months if not a year! Wait till you are in the same boat as everybody else, maybe then you will understand how "great" US government is for keeping families apart, parents apart from their children, making everyone postpone their lives for almost a year. Do you think that is fair? I believe that all US citizens who do this legally, who pay taxes to their country have a right for a speedy approval, US government should help their citizens to be with their loved ones asap, but instead families are suffering separation and their hopes to be approved in 5months are lost. Do you think it is fair to state petitions will be approved in 5 months, when actually it takes much longer? Or do you think that it is fair to approve some people in 3 months {September filers] while others have to wait 6 months [June, July, August filers] or more although ALL of them have paid the same amount! I would suggest you to think better before you write something, OR at least write this when you have waited 5 months already!!!mad.gif I wanna see if after you have waited 5 months you would still be so eager to protect the government and say that everything is so right and fair!

And believe me in some aspects other countries are even better than US! So please don't be so "proud" being a USC, because there are so many fields there to be improved! Good luck!

Ditto and well said.

When I started this post it had to do with the mistakes USCIS was creating and exptecting people to sit back and pretend all is good

Timeline

You should reread my original post.. And understand it..The title was Horror Stories.. I was simply stating that I found it very hard to be patient when people filed in June.. had there petitions changed from CSC to TSC and no one can give them an answer and it has been 6-7 months. They are in limbo...There is no worse feeling then loving someone and you have little control over the situation.

Personally I have had good and pleasant CSR support, which I have stated in later posts. I just feel the system needs a major upgrade...

I am a patient person but when it come to ignorance in the work place I like others can be very frustrated..

Edited by darkdancer333

Timeline

I wasn't replying to your post, I was reply to someone else ;) I think we fall into the horror stories category since it is going on 9 months since we filed and our file is still sitting at USCIS waiting for a decision.........

You should reread my original post.. And understand it..The title was Horror Stories.. I was simply stating that I found it very hard to be patient when people filed in June.. had there petitions changed from CSC to TSC and no one can give them an answer and it has been 6-7 months. They are in limbo...There is no worse feeling then loving someone and you have little control over the situation.

Personally I have had good and pleasant CSR support, which I have stated in later posts. I just feel the system needs a major upgrade...

I am a patient person but when it come to ignorance in the work place I like others can be very frustrated..

Met in December 2008

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Timeline

I wasn't replying to your post, I was reply to someone else ;) I think we fall into the horror stories category since it is going on 9 months since we filed and our file is still sitting at USCIS waiting for a decision.........

My apologies... I pray for us all a quick approval

Timeline

No problem;) We are all in the same boat, some better off and some worse than others. I wish, hope and pray for success for everyone in 2011.

My apologies... I pray for us all a quick approval

Met in December 2008

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.