Brusik

Horror Stories

108 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

I have read many posts on this forum and it seems a good 30% of the people have difficulty with USCIS and getting out of the I-130 stage.. I see petitions that were filed in June and have been put on hold or transferred to TSC.This is January and still these documents are not completed. This isn't isolated incidents. I find it difficult to believe that people have to wait a year to get their spouses to this country.

I am only 1 month in the process and I wonder if this happens to me, I may just pack up all my belongings and move to where the wife is.. It's absolutely insane for people who try to obtain these visa's legally to be treated in this manner.

It's been 7 weeks since I left Georgia and me and the wife skype everyday and we also shed tears everyday.. We have known each other for over 2 years and it's not like we are trying to do anything illegal..We fell in love on skype and our meeting made the bond much stronger. She is my soulmate!!!

For the people who had their petitions transferred to TSC I wonder if they stayed in CSC, that they would be finished.

What really upsets me is that these documents sit on someone's desk for 2 months and are not even looked at. Then they find a mistake, a missing document or a blank box and then they want the process to start over. Why not simplify things and have someone check all this before the check is cashed..

It just seems to me that this is a very poor way of conducting a process that is so important to us.

Life is 2 short to have someone else control our destiny in such a manner.

I have been lucky to have Officers at tier 2 level that are compassionate and very informative. I hope that I never have to cope with the insensitive behavior of certain USCIS officials that I have read about on this forum.

When I was in Georgia the consulate told me 5-7 months maximum and my wife would have her visa.

Now I begin to wonder.........

Let's hope USCIS gets the New Year started in timely fashion................

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If they don't cash the checks how are the people to be payed that do the work etc? Can almost promise no one will do any work on something if they aren't payed. With the amount and load of cases that come in every single day, im not surprised that some people end up waiting longer than others.

Its not about trying something illegal and getting hold up to find out, its about thos people who are at their desk every day with 80+ cases to go through and no time to do it. Not to mention MORE cases coming in every day, being swamped by paper.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

In a few more days my I-130 petition for my wife will still not be completed after 7 month's. We were not transfered from CSC to TSC as other's were. The only time our case has recieved any touches was when my senator contacted them. I have lost all faith in our government. I wish you and everyone else here good luck.

Bob S.

Edited by drbob

Timeline

If they don't cash the checks how are the people to be payed that do the work etc? Can almost promise no one will do any work on something if they aren't payed. With the amount and load of cases that come in every single day, im not surprised that some people end up waiting longer than others.

Its not about trying something illegal and getting hold up to find out, its about thos people who are at their desk every day with 80+ cases to go through and no time to do it. Not to mention MORE cases coming in every day, being swamped by paper.

I'm sorry Inky but i disagree.USCIS is Funded!!!!!!!People are not waiting to get paid so they can process... It's a travesty that people's cases were sent from CSC to TSC and still nothing has been done. It doesn't take 10 minutes to do a checklist..

Form filled ok ....check

Marriage Certificate.... check

Passort......check

Address..... check

etc

Because someone left a blank box doesn't mean they should wait another 2 months because no one had time to look at it.

I work for the State and I see how money is wasted and time wasted because of beaurocracy. I work with disabled, elderly etc. As long as the powers to be have their money people mean nothing. They are treated like cattle.. I am not saying this is how USCIS operates but there has to be a more viable and efficient way to operate when it comes to matters of this importance..

Edited by darkdancer333

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm sorry Inky but i disagree.USCIS is Funded!!!!!!!People are not waiting to get paid so they can process... It's a travesty that people's cases were sent from CSC to TSC and still nothing has been done. It doesn't take 10 minutes to do a checklist..

Form filled ok ....check

Marriage Certificate.... check

Passort......check

Address..... check

etc

Because someone left a blank box doesn't mean they should wait another 2 months because no one had time to look at it.

I work for the State and I see how money is wasted and time wasted because of beaurocracy. I work with disabled, elderly etc. As long as the powers to be have their money people mean nothing. They are treated like cattle.. I am not saying this is how USCIS operates but there has to be a more viable and efficient way to operate when it comes to matters of this importance..

We, and all other June & July filers have thrown any possible argument on this so im no longer saying any word as to express my disappointment.

kudos to yougood.gif

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

As great as that would be its called the waiting game. I told myself right from the beginning it will take 9 mos to a year for the process just so I wouldn't get disappointed. It was hard reading about everyone going through rather quickly. We got married in June and I have only been here a couple of short visits since. We too Skype every night or phone calls. We were very surprised that our file went through USCIS in 3 months instead of the 5 that was indicated. It was a bonus. Our file was sent to NVC early December and have already put in paperwork for them. We are keeping out fingers crossed things go quickly with them too and things get sent to the Consulate in Canada. Good luck on your journey and please try to be patient. Our married life is in someone else's hands for now and there isn't a whole lot we can do about it.

I have read many posts on this forum and it seems a good 30% of the people have difficulty with USCIS and getting out of the I-130 stage.. I see petitions that were filed in June and have been put on hold or transferred to TSC.This is January and still these documents are not completed. This isn't isolated incidents. I find it difficult to believe that people have to wait a year to get their spouses to this country.

I am only 1 month in the process and I wonder if this happens to me, I may just pack up all my belongings and move to where the wife is.. It's absolutely insane for people who try to obtain these visa's legally to be treated in this manner.

It's been 7 weeks since I left Georgia and me and the wife skype everyday and we also shed tears everyday.. We have known each other for over 2 years and it's not like we are trying to do anything illegal..We fell in love on skype and our meeting made the bond much stronger. She is my soulmate!!!

For the people who had their petitions transferred to TSC I wonder if they stayed in CSC, that they would be finished.

What really upsets me is that these documents sit on someone's desk for 2 months and are not even looked at. Then they find a mistake, a missing document or a blank box and then they want the process to start over. Why not simplify things and have someone check all this before the check is cashed..

It just seems to me that this is a very poor way of conducting a process that is so important to us.

Life is 2 short to have someone else control our destiny in such a manner.

I have been lucky to have Officers at tier 2 level that are compassionate and very informative. I hope that I never have to cope with the insensitive behavior of certain USCIS officials that I have read about on this forum.

When I was in Georgia the consulate told me 5-7 months maximum and my wife would have her visa.

Now I begin to wonder.........

Let's hope USCIS gets the New Year started in timely fashion................

Timeline

This is the price we pay for trying to bring our spouses into the country legally. We pay huge sums of money for a horrible service and nobody cares. Meanwhile, illegal immigrants have millions of people that support them through organazitons, congress, tax dollars, lawyers, professors, etc. I'm not saying that we should start a crusade against illegals, but I ask myself on a regular basis, "When will honest people like us who play by the rules organize or get some support from our own government and our own people?" We do everything we're supposed and we still get screwed. Our lives are completeley put on hold. We can't start a family or make any plans for the future without getting approval first from our government. How ridiculous!

:thumbs: I agree and now I wish we had the k-3 VISA... lol bring back Clinton

Edited by darkdancer333

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is the price we pay for trying to bring our spouses into the country legally. We pay huge sums of money for a horrible service and nobody cares. Meanwhile, illegal immigrants have millions of people that support them through organazitons, congress, tax dollars, lawyers, professors, etc. I'm not saying that we should start a crusade against illegals, but I ask myself on a regular basis, "When will honest people like us who play by the rules organize or get some support from our own government and our own people?" We do everything we're supposed and we still get screwed. Our lives are completeley put on hold. We can't start a family or make any plans for the future without getting approval first from our government. How ridiculous!

wow.gifwell said! i give you astar_smile.gifstar_smile.gifstar_smile.giffor that statement!

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

i think all of you should to to guides,click on other inportant things to know,then read q and a session with a former uscis adjiudicater her name is huskerkiev,you should take the time to read it it's a lot to read but then you will understant what they have to do and how the system works,

Timeline

i think all of you should to to guides,click on other inportant things to know,then read q and a session with a former uscis adjiudicater her name is huskerkiev,you should take the time to read it it's a lot to read but then you will understant what they have to do and how the system works,

Where is this link??

Timeline

Where is this link??

Its under the GUIDE section at the top of the page. The button in the blue line right under VISAJOURNEY.COM Then it says in big blue letters on the guide page on the right side OTHER IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW. and the link is right there. But If you can't find it.

its right here too > http://www.visajourney.com/content/adjudicator-q-and-a

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Timeline

Its under the GUIDE section at the top of the page. The button in the blue line right under VISAJOURNEY.COM Then it says in big blue letters on the guide page on the right side OTHER IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW. and the link is right there. But If you can't find it.

its right here too > http://www.visajourney.com/content/adjudicator-q-and-a

Thx

:thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Interesting read thanks for pointing it out. Maybe I sent too much with my filing it was the size of one of those big family Bibles. This is our second attempt just wanted to have as much evidence as possible. Oh well I'm going back to be with her and my family there for Chinese New Year. This will take the pain of being apart away for a month.

Bob S.

Timeline

Interesting read thanks for pointing it out. Maybe I sent too much with my filing it was the size of one of those big family Bibles. This is our second attempt just wanted to have as much evidence as possible. Oh well I'm going back to be with her and my family there for Chinese New Year. This will take the pain of being apart away for a month.

Bob S.

In that there is a question about how big or small. They said larger is better because less chance of an RFE if they find the info in your stack of papers. The reason they send RFE is because they cant correct a mistake or error on the petition with the information that was given to them. So they need it from you before they can move ahead. Makes sence.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.