Brusik

Horror Stories

108 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I was thinking about this insane USCIS process as well, I dont understand why there would be a backlog if you plan that you are to give X number of visas. I initially blamed poor planning but am starting to think (cynical perhaps) that US wants itself to be perceived as 'hard-to-get'. I think there were plenty of reasons to do that or to even believe why US was not an easy place to get in but since 2001, or even before that, US has lost its reputation in the world. I think there are several other places in the world that are much more attractive than here. No, I am not being un-thankful or anything I am just saying, without being political, that the law makers need to open their eyes and realize where the country is heading.

A close friend of mine from India came here to study and then got a job. Lived here for 8 years, went to India a few dozen times ... even got a 2nd visa from the US embassy when his first visa got expired ... without a problem. A month ago he immigrated to Canada and applied for US visa to visit and his passport has been retained for about 7 weeks now for additional security measures. How dumb! I mean how effing dumb these people are ... and I will be one of them ... the irony.

Actually, USCIS is *not* funded. It's virtually self-sustainable, paid by the fees alone. And that makes sense--why should other US citizens and permanent residents pay for other people to get into the US?

I know it's hard, but I think the perception you have to remember is that it is a PRIVILEGE to have your spouse come over to the US, NOT a right. Best of luck in your journey :thumbs:

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

Actually, USCIS is *not* funded. It's virtually self-sustainable, paid by the fees alone. And that makes sense--why should other US citizens and permanent residents pay for other people to get into the US?

I know it's hard, but I think the perception you have to remember is that it is a PRIVILEGE to have your spouse come over to the US, NOT a right. Best of luck in your journey :thumbs:

This country was founded by immigrants.. Immigration has been the way of the US. I am an American Citizen it's my right to choose who I marry. I hardly call her coming to this country a privilege.

USCIS is part of Homeland Security I know for a fact this is funded and not totally reliant on fees...

All I was saying is I think it's a travesty that some people have to pay for the USCIS mistakes...

B-)

Edited by darkdancer333

It is your right to choose who you marry. It is *not* your right to have your spouse come here. What about the GLBT community? They're shunned from immigration currently. And it's not really up to you about whether you think it's a right or a privilege for your spouse to com here--it's up to the federal government. And their definition is that it's a courtesy, NOT a right.

The fact of saying that America was built on immigrants...the majority of which came 150 years ago. Times have changed, sir! The floodgates are no longer open and with the social welfare and overcrowding of cities (not to mention the current economic situation), I completely sympathize why the feds have tightened down on visas. Would you have it so anyone who wanted to could come? That sounds pretty dangerous to me...

Your petitions are funded by your fees, not the American taxpayer :)

I'm not saying that all of this is right or wrong. Just the facts of the situation. You are always welcome to write to your Congressman/woman about the situation :) but spousal immigration is considered one of the, if not the easiest and shortest processes when it comes to getting permanent resident status. Honestly, when you compare the situation to people waiting to bring their children over and wait 5 years, 10 months for a spouse is nothing. The politicians have got bigger things to think about :lol:

Again, best of luck on your journey and I pray that you receive your NOA2 and visa quickly :luv:

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mongolia
Timeline

The fact of saying that America was built on immigrants...the majority of which came 150 years ago. Times have changed, sir! The floodgates are no longer open and with the social welfare and overcrowding of cities (not to mention the current economic situation), I completely sympathize why the feds have tightened down on visas. Would you have it so anyone who wanted to could come? That sounds pretty dangerous to me...

Unfortunately the floodgates are open wide! Also unfortunate is the fact that all of us awaiting Legal immigration are paying a very dear price for those who are not entering legally. Quite literally, anyone who wants to come into the US now can do so...........................provided they are prepared to do so illegally. Those who come to the US to do us harm are not likely in general to petition for a IR/CR1 Visa, Sorry.

th_Untitled-3.jpg?t=1294114030

03/2008--Met while working together in Mongolia
06/21/10--Married in Ulaanbaatar on the Summer solstice
USCIS
09/06/10--I-130 package mailed to USCIS Chicago Lockbox
12/14/10--NOA2 hardcopy rec'd, Dec 09 notice date<APPROVED>86 Days
NVC
12/22/10-NVC / IIN Number issued, AOS bill paid
12/26/10-DS-3032 emailed
January4............IV bill paid, discovered error by preparer
USCIS ROUND 2
01/04/11-- I-130 package for stepson sent express with expedite plea
01/11/11---Congressional expedite plea lodged with USCIS
01/20/11--- Notice date, APPROVED 14 days
NVC ROUND 2
01/26/11--- NVC/IIN Numbers issued, DS-3032 Emailed
02/07/11--- AOS/IV packages fedexed to NVC
02/24/11--- Both Cases Completed at NVC
CONSULAR
04/27/11--- Interview passed
05/29/11--- POE ORD
08/2011--- I-551s arrive

heart.gif NEW YEAR'S EVE 2011, WE WELCOME OUR BABY GIRL TO THE FAMILYheart.gif

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

04/18/13--- I-751 mailed

09/25/13---ROC approval

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have read many posts on this forum and it seems a good 30% of the people have difficulty with USCIS and getting out of the I-130 stage.. I see petitions that were filed in June and have been put on hold or transferred to TSC.This is January and still these documents are not completed. This isn't isolated incidents. I find it difficult to believe that people have to wait a year to get their spouses to this country.

I am only 1 month in the process and I wonder if this happens to me, I may just pack up all my belongings and move to where the wife is.. It's absolutely insane for people who try to obtain these visa's legally to be treated in this manner.

It's been 7 weeks since I left Georgia and me and the wife skype everyday and we also shed tears everyday.. We have known each other for over 2 years and it's not like we are trying to do anything illegal..We fell in love on skype and our meeting made the bond much stronger. She is my soulmate!!!

For the people who had their petitions transferred to TSC I wonder if they stayed in CSC, that they would be finished.

What really upsets me is that these documents sit on someone's desk for 2 months and are not even looked at. Then they find a mistake, a missing document or a blank box and then they want the process to start over. Why not simplify things and have someone check all this before the check is cashed..

It just seems to me that this is a very poor way of conducting a process that is so important to us.

Life is 2 short to have someone else control our destiny in such a manner.

I have been lucky to have Officers at tier 2 level that are compassionate and very informative. I hope that I never have to cope with the insensitive behavior of certain USCIS officials that I have read about on this forum.

When I was in Georgia the consulate told me 5-7 months maximum and my wife would have her visa.

Now I begin to wonder.........

Let's hope USCIS gets the New Year started in timely fashion................

Timeline

Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news! I met my husband on skype in 2006, met him in Morocco in 2007, and our relationship changed from friends to romance after the meeting. I am much older. Doesn't matter - is there an "Age Span Police" in immigration??? And it's normal for older women to marry younger men in Morocco - and if I know it, they know it. I returned to Morocco in 2008 and lived with him and his family for a month and we got married. He went for the interview on 1/3/11. He saw a sign that said to make note of the name of the interviewer. When she called he looked for an ID - none. He continued to stand. She never said "welcome", "good morning", or how are you.

Never asked him his name. Her first words were a barrage of questions so he took his own initiative to sit. She was rude and condescending. He has no idea who he spoke to. She looked at a few photos which he produced. He answered every question honestly and accurately except the date my husband and I got married - like 40 years ago - and I don't even remember the date! We know each other 5 years now. He waited for her to ask for his meticulous file with proof. She asked for nothing. When she was done with the questions she said "you're doing this for papers - not real" and dismissed him saying to contact USCIS in a month. I've called for an investigation of her, for her to be reprimaded based on her passing a decision without seeing our evidence. My husband and I are very philosophical, intellectual types - we have been looking for someone just like each other for a long time. We get along perfect. Our relationship is fantastic. I've gone nuclear and have written to all our senators and congressman. She should be fired actually. My husband is a brillant man, very kind, and honorable. For her to accuse us of fraud....oh baby, I'm really really hot. I demand an apology.

Timeline

It is your right to choose who you marry. It is *not* your right to have your spouse come here. What about the GLBT community? They're shunned from immigration currently. And it's not really up to you about whether you think it's a right or a privilege for your spouse to com here--it's up to the federal government. And their definition is that it's a courtesy, NOT a right.

Your petitions are funded by your fees, not the American taxpayer :)

I'm not saying that all of this is right or wrong. Just the facts of the situation. You are always welcome to write to your Congressman/woman about the situation :) but spousal immigration is considered one of the, if not the easiest and shortest processes when it comes to getting permanent resident status. Honestly, when you compare the situation to people waiting to bring their children over and wait 5 years, 10 months for a spouse is nothing. The politicians have got bigger things to think about :lol:

Again, best of luck on your journey and I pray that you receive your NOA2 and visa quickly :luv:

Timeline

I get all this about 150 years ago and immigration. HOWEVER, we are letting in people who are illiterate, people who could care less about making a future here to build this country, people who had previous criminal records and overstayed their visas. Alongs come me and my husband who has his masters, is brillant, wants to share his knowledge with his students, wants a wife that thinks the same way he thinks. I WILL go there to live if they don't let him in but I take umbrage with the fact that all these other illegals are getting amnesty and benefits which I am paying for, in one way or another. If they threw out the illegals, then legals could comel

Timeline

OH MY DEAR, you are missing the point! The whole idea behind this is to milk us for as much money as they can! Because if USCIS turns my husband and me down, we have to pay AGAIN! What a great way to double their rates.

Are you in Atlanta? I am too. If you're working with the Moroccan embassy, be ready. They have a terrible terrible reputation. So they bring in a LOT of money for their agency. This is such a hoax, let me tell you. As far as I'm concerned it has very little to do with your status as a human being and decency. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but I've met Moroccans that work in gas stations and as cooks and they'll always being doing those jobs. We desperately need some brains in this country due to our dumbing down of our country. I think I've figured out their game. Look at the youtube video about Moroccan Consulate - the "chief" is so full of you know what - like it breaks her heart to say "no". They LOVE saying no. They are so prejudiced against the Moroccan people there, they treat them like cockroaches. My husband didn't deserve the treatment he got. You can't tell I'm hot can you? I'm not going to cry - I'm going to fight. I've called for her to be reprimanded, retrained or fired. As far as I'm concerned it was an "incomplete and illegal" interview. If she looked at the evidence, it was obvious we were bound together

Timeline

I was thinking about this insane USCIS process as well, I dont understand why there would be a backlog if you plan that you are to give X number of visas. I initially blamed poor planning but am starting to think (cynical perhaps) that US wants itself to be perceived as 'hard-to-get'. I think there were plenty of reasons to do that or to even believe why US was not an easy place to get in but since 2001, or even before that, US has lost its reputation in the world. I think there are several other places in the world that are much more attractive than here. No, I am not being un-thankful or anything I am just saying, without being political, that the law makers need to open their eyes and realize where the country is heading.

A close friend of mine from India came here to study and then got a job. Lived here for 8 years, went to India a few dozen times ... even got a 2nd visa from the US embassy when his first visa got expired ... without a problem. A month ago he immigrated to Canada and applied for US visa to visit and his passport has been retained for about 7 weeks now for additional security measures. How dumb! I mean how effing dumb these people are ... and I will be one of them ... the irony.

Timeline

So sorry to hear that :( :( ............ The sentences where you describe you and your husband sound exactly like my husband and me, and our relationship. I really hope you can get things turned around........Best of luck to you.

Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news! I met my husband on skype in 2006, met him in Morocco in 2007, and our relationship changed from friends to romance after the meeting. I am much older. Doesn't matter - is there an "Age Span Police" in immigration??? And it's normal for older women to marry younger men in Morocco - and if I know it, they know it. I returned to Morocco in 2008 and lived with him and his family for a month and we got married. He went for the interview on 1/3/11. He saw a sign that said to make note of the name of the interviewer. When she called he looked for an ID - none. He continued to stand. She never said "welcome", "good morning", or how are you.

Never asked him his name. Her first words were a barrage of questions so he took his own initiative to sit. She was rude and condescending. He has no idea who he spoke to. She looked at a few photos which he produced. He answered every question honestly and accurately except the date my husband and I got married - like 40 years ago - and I don't even remember the date! We know each other 5 years now. He waited for her to ask for his meticulous file with proof. She asked for nothing. When she was done with the questions she said "you're doing this for papers - not real" and dismissed him saying to contact USCIS in a month. I've called for an investigation of her, for her to be reprimaded based on her passing a decision without seeing our evidence. My husband and I are very philosophical, intellectual types - we have been looking for someone just like each other for a long time. We get along perfect. Our relationship is fantastic. I've gone nuclear and have written to all our senators and congressman. She should be fired actually. My husband is a brillant man, very kind, and honorable. For her to accuse us of fraud....oh baby, I'm really really hot. I demand an apology.

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Timeline

We are both intellectual and philisophical and our relationship is better and filled with more love and respect than I could've ever imagined having with anyone....so I can relate.....

So sorry to hear that :( :( ............ The sentences where you describe you and your husband sound exactly like my husband and me, and our relationship. I really hope you can get things turned around........Best of luck to you.

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Timeline

M & M you are a person after my own heart. I have your exact sentiments. We need brains in this country and most of us are attempting to bring people who would make fabulous citizens as well as spouses. This is all bull..... Our kids can't read or write for heaven's sake - our professors can't write a complete paragraph. I have a husband who corrects MY english sometimes!!!! He speaks four languages. He's got such high moral standards, so sincere, he's one in a million and I want him. I'll take him there if I have to but the weather is a little tough on me year round. You know how they are in the universities to try and get more money - that's what USCIS is doing now. I absolutely resent that this low-life interviewer had the audacity to accuse my husband and I of our marriage not being "real". What makes a marriage real outside of love, respect, caring, wanting to spend the rest of your life together, etc?" Is that "not real"? Who the heck was our interviewer to say ANYTHING about us when she doesn't even know us. Yeah, the first day was a shock, and lots of tears for the both of us. But we re-grouped, stood up on our two feet and we're going to fight. You and I are American citizens - doesn't that count for anything. I wish you the best but these people are not like the consulates of old. It's all about the money and power trips. You know how Michelle Obama said "it's the first time I've ever been proud of my country?" Well, it's the first time I've ever been ashamed of my country. Are are many many more desirable places to live in this world than America and don't get me wrong either please. The America of old is gone. Morocco is a fabulous place to live. Europeans are flocking in there as well to escape the VAT tax that is coming America's way. It's hard to come back to the states with their non-plastic, non-cardboard, non-tainted food and a low stress life. No, it's not perfect there, but it sure has a lot of things I enjoy in my life now and it won't be a problem to live there.

We are both intellectual and philisophical and our relationship is better and filled with more love and respect than I could've ever imagined having with anyone....so I can relate.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.