visabulletin

Feb 2011 visa bulletin

172 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

RICARDO,

(aqwer) case already being forwarded to USEM Bangladesh. Remember NVC is only media of receiving and sending documents between Consulate office and DOS!! NVC(DOS) has certain criteria that Applicant could make changes in their case file like Adding derrivative child, upgrading category, etc. which they could do before sending to USEM office. In that sense, Applicant also have an options to make changes at Embassy level too, like reschedule interview, change of address, upgrading category before issuing final visa!

So his wife can make changes at interview time just submitting a copy of USC certificate.

Note: DOS only schedule interview for consulate office of their monthly capacity NOT NVC.

Dear Miami_Boy and RICARDO4EVA2,

Thanks for the discussion regarding my issue. My case has already been forwarded to Embassy. Now if I send my USC Certificate to Embassy, will USEM just upgrade my case to IR1 from F2A? or is there any chance that they will change my scheduled date for verification of USC Cert or any other further processing (which may effect my scheduled date in Feb)?. Or how it is, if we take the certificate with us in interview? what will be better idea for us? Suggestion please.

Many Thanks

Thanks for the discussion regarding my issue. My case has already been forwarded to Embassy. Now if I send my USC Certificate to Embassy, will USEM just upgrade my case to IR1 from F2A? or is there any chance that they will change my scheduled date for verification of USC Cert or any other further processing (which may effect my scheduled date in Feb)?. Or how it is, if we take the certificate with us in interview? what will be better idea for us? Suggestion please.

Many Thanks

deshi bhai,

I have sent you PM about the matter!!!

GOOD LUCK!!

US CITIZENSHIP

12-20-2012: SENT N-400 APPLICATION

12-21-2012: RECEIVED N-400 APPLICATION

12-27-2012: CHECK CASHED

12-28-2012: NOA RECEIVED

01-08-2013: BIO-METRIC COMPLETED

01-14-2013: INTERVIEW IN LINE FOR SCHEDULED

04-10-2013: INTERVIEW SCHEDULE AT 7:30 AM, TAMPA OFFICE...APPROVED:)))

04-23-2013: OATH CEREMONY AT TAMPA 1 PM...FINALLY USC.....

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Many Thanks

Honestly since your case is already scheduled for an interview I WOULD NOT change the status of the case but let it stay as it is. A visa number was already assigned to the case.

Edited by RICARDO4EVA2

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Timeline

Many Thanks

I've recruited some answers based on the above quoted post/reply from VJ's finest and best answers given .. read on below.

OBX said @ 11:27am cst:

Ricardo,

I just had a quick look at the thread. While I am not completely familiar with these cases, I would agree with you that since the filer already has their interview scheduled it would make sense to leave things as is and update the status at the interview

PatiencePaidOff said @ 1130am cst:

Ricardo,

Now if he/she let NVC know, it will take longer time to process it. Don't do it. Instead produce the petitioner's original Naturalization Certificate and/or U.S passport and inform the Consulate officer at interview time by the beneficiary.

Loto

LIFE'SJOURNEY said @ 1157am cst:

It will not make a differece since the OP already has an interview date, the OP should make the consular aware at the time of the interview that the beneficary is now a USC :thumbs:

TRELAWNY PARISH said @ 1203pm cst:

hey if i already had my interview date i would not change a thing I would just show up at the interview with my USC certificate.

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

This topic has been brought to my attention and I wanted to throw in my 2 cents...

I highly recommend not mailing in anything to request the change, but let your wife at the embassy immediately notify her IO of your status change. It might cause a huge wrinkle in her immigration process if she filed under a GC petition and on her day of approval, you were actually a USC.

She should notify the IO and see what they recommend... it might cause a delay but a delay now is better than a nightmare later...

this is only my opinion....

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

This topic has been brought to my attention and I wanted to throw in my 2 cents...

I highly recommend not mailing in anything to request the change, but let your wife at the embassy immediately notify her IO of your status change. It might cause a huge wrinkle in her immigration process if she filed under a GC petition and on her day of approval, you were actually a USC.

She should notify the IO and see what they recommend... it might cause a delay but a delay now is better than a nightmare later...

this is only my opinion....

I am 100% agree with your 2 cents!!

His wife need to bring the attention at interview time to submission that her spouse already USC, might get less grill!!!!!! The only thing i am worried if he doesn't change the status at interview time or VB may changed upcoming March VB...His wife will hold anyway for visa procssing!! I also noticed that there are many Bangaldeshi waiting(F2A) at waiting list of Nov 1/2010 DOS published. It could be chances his wife will get delay for visa processing anyway!!

what I do is..send an email to USEM Bangladesh and ask for what should i do process for upgrading to IR1, I will def get right instruction from them unless taking suggestion from someone who never been in situation.

When I added my child as derrivative applicant..lots VJer's with NO KNOWLEDGE suggested me!! I did send an email to USEM Bangladesh, They told me since the case wasn't transferred to embassy level yet..I need to do at NVC level. They also said they could added my child if case being transferred embassy for visa processing!!

So, DESHI BHAI,

DONT LISTEN TO ANYONE(INCLUDING ME),

Just send an email to USEM BD, they will exactly tell you what to do...USEM Bangladesh is very friendly to response their email..Remember that I am living proof!!!!

US CITIZENSHIP

12-20-2012: SENT N-400 APPLICATION

12-21-2012: RECEIVED N-400 APPLICATION

12-27-2012: CHECK CASHED

12-28-2012: NOA RECEIVED

01-08-2013: BIO-METRIC COMPLETED

01-14-2013: INTERVIEW IN LINE FOR SCHEDULED

04-10-2013: INTERVIEW SCHEDULE AT 7:30 AM, TAMPA OFFICE...APPROVED:)))

04-23-2013: OATH CEREMONY AT TAMPA 1 PM...FINALLY USC.....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I would personally just wait till the interview and update it then. The reason for this is you shouldn't ever send anything without an RFE because usually it would get lost.

I can't help but think that sometimes USCIS stuff up without any help from us and if you give them more info you might end up with the one person who has no idea how that works, or overthinks it and just causes issues.

You should be more than fine just updating the file at the interview first thing. They will update on the system and it will be fine.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

WOOHOO i guess marach Vbullien is getting closer day by day. i hope it is good news or else i am gona shoot my self.. just kidding.. no seriously :crying: :crying: :devil: :devil:

STUPID RETROGRSSION

FOR MY WIFE WHICH IS MY LIFE :-)

4/15/08--FILED 1-130

4/19/08--RECIPT

1/20/10--NOA1

8/15/10--TOUCHED

8/19/10--NOA2

2 YEAR 4 MONTHS I130 APPROVAL THANK GOD

9/07/10----NVC CASE # ASSIGNED

9/15/10----AOS FEE BILL AND IV FEE BILL RECIVED

9/18/10----AOS FEE BILL AND IV FEE BILL POSTED

9/27/10----AOS AND DS203 PACKAGE MAILED

10/01/10----ALL DOCS RECIVED BY NVC PER AVR

10/19/10----RFE FOR ORIGINAL MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE IN URDU LANGUAGE ""SHOULD HAVE KNOWN"

11/06/10----RFE SENT AVR NOT UPDATED AS OF 11/09 WAITING FOR CASE COMPLETE

11/15/10----AVR SAYS RFE RECIVED... JUST WAITIN FOR CASE COMPLETE

11/17/10----CASE COMPLETE

08/30/11----INTERVIEW AT 8.00AM VISA WAS APPROVED 8/30/11 THANKYOU GOD AND EID MUBARAK

10/15/11----POE

00/00/11----LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER[/color]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hello everyone,

i was going thru the case numbers who are appointed for the feb interview at the mumbai consulate. there were 70 candidates in F2A category. i believe with case number we can have an idea in which year it was filed. like BMB2008452766 (means case was filed in 2008),(please correct me if i'm wrong) i saw lots n lots of 2008, 2009 and 2010 cases.

my PD is 29JUN2008, and my case was completed on oct2010. just keeping hope to get the interview as soon as possible....

thanks

Timeline

hello everyone,

i was going thru the case numbers who are appointed for the feb interview at the mumbai consulate. there were 70 candidates in F2A category. i believe with case number we can have an idea in which year it was filed. like BMB2008452766 (means case was filed in 2008),(please correct me if i'm wrong) i saw lots n lots of 2008, 2009 and 2010 cases.

my PD is 29JUN2008, and my case was completed on oct2010. just keeping hope to get the interview as soon as possible....

thanks

yes it is in relation to the year the petition was receive by the NVC not the year it was filed from the understanding. Now someone update me if i'm off track.

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

hello everyone,

thanks

The following is from travel.state.gov web site . Hope it will help u

Case Number: The National Visa Center (NVC) gives each immigrant petition a case number. This number has three letters followed by ten digits (numbers). The three letters are an abbreviation for the overseas embassy or consulate that will process the immigrant visa case (for example, GUZ for Guangzhou, CDJ for Ciudad Juarez).

The digits tell us exactly when NVC created the case. For example a case with the number MNL2001747003 would be a case assigned to the U.S. Embassy in Manila. 2001 is the year in which NVC received the case from the USCIS (formerly INS). The Julian date is 747 plus 500, so this case was created on September 4, 2001, the 247th day of the year. The 003 shows that it was the third case created for Manila on that day. This case number is not the same as the USCIS receipt number, which is written on the Notice of Action, Form I-797, from the USCIS. A consular section abroad cannot find a case if all you have is the USCIS receipt number.

Edited by aqwer

Timeline

hello everyone,

thanks

yeah hopefully u are one month behind my priority date. 19 MORE DAYS till march bulletin. Hopefully we will see some movement. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

STUPID RETROGRSSION

4/15/08--FILED 1-130

4/19/08--RECIPT

1/20/10--NOA1

8/15/10--TOUCHED

8/19/10--NOA2

10/19/10----RFE FOR ORIGINAL MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE IN URDU LANGUAGE ""SHOULD HAVE KNOWN"

08/30/11----INTERVIEW AT 8.00AM VISA WAS APPROVED 8/30/11 THANKYOU GOD AND EID MUBARAK

10/15/11----POE

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

jj161: its hard to compare since these intervies could be for spouces of US citizens which dont have to wait for PD etc.

IT totally sucks that you were ready by end of october but wern't called for an itnerview even in December.

The other day I read a post from a F2A from India with a PD of 1 jan 2009, who complete his case at nvc in august and his wife had her interview 4th Nov 2010. That guy must have been FAST in sending his docs. My own PD is Sept 2008, |I'm hoping its current in April visa bulitin.

Timeline

jj161: its hard to compare since these intervies could be for spouces of US citizens which dont have to wait for PD etc.

IT totally sucks that you were ready by end of october but wern't called for an itnerview even in December.

The other day I read a post from a F2A from India with a PD of 1 jan 2009, who complete his case at nvc in august and his wife had her interview 4th Nov 2010. That guy must have been FAST in sending his docs. My own PD is Sept 2008, |I'm hoping its current in April visa bulitin.

yeah i guess luck of the draw.

my case was done on the novem 17th and than they opened the case again i got a complete date of december 7th.

do not know why the hell it moved.. also i had a RFE i think this messed me up alot. and i lost 5-6 months cause of the RFE.. i still have faith

STUPID RETROGRSSION

4/15/08--FILED 1-130

4/19/08--RECIPT

1/20/10--NOA1

8/15/10--TOUCHED

8/19/10--NOA2

10/15/11----POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.