Muh and me

MENA January Daily thread

94 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy 2011! Wow its hard to beleive 2010 went as fast as it did. I'm ready for 2011!

I did nothing last night, stayed home watched tv and tried to ring in the new year with my man but the phone connection on his end wasn't having it! :( So I stayed up watching tv with Tinker, cuddled her when the fireworks went off next door and that was that.

Have a good weekend everyone

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey MENA Peeps! Hope everyone has an awesome and blessed New Year. I started out my year sick. I've got strep throat and cant go to the doc til Monday.

Also, Please pray for the families that lost their loved ones in Alexandria Egypt last night. A bomb was set off in front of the Coptic church and killed and injured both christians and muslims.

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Timeline

Happy New Year! We are having some brrrrrrrrr chilly weather! Freezing our cacti off here!! :lol:

Morning Terrie and Happy New Year! Sure hope your husband will return soon. Yes, you are so right

about the telephone connection in Egypt....it isn't the best. Wael talked with his family and it's always

such an adventure to see how long they can be connected.

Morning Tammy! Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. We sure were saddened to hear of the

bombing. Alexandria is such a beautiful city and just can't bear to know something so terrible can happen

there. We pray for everyone in Alexandria.

We didn't do anything either to really celebrate. Wael is buried in the GMAT books, so he and the

books celebrated!!! Poor guy....I know he's so tired of studying and the new and LAST semester begins

Jan 12th the same day he takes his citzenship test. Something about tests that just follow him!! During

spring break i'm hoping we can go to the Grand Canyon and Las Vegas with NO BOOKS!

Here's wishing everyone a wonderful and fantastic New Year! Love to all....Jeanne & Wael

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy New Year's MENA peeps. Wishing for a blessed New Year for all of us and our families. May this year bring good results and help us bring our spouses that are overseas. For the one who are lucky to have the other halfs with them, enjoy every single moment and hoping you'll be happy for the rest of your lives together.

:dance: 12 more days and I am off to Egypt. My honey and I are soo excited. :dance:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Happy New Year to all your guys from Farid and I. We also just stayed home and hope that all of you are safe and sound.

Oct 28,2006 Met online in Yahoo messenger
Dec 2,2007 Traveled to Morocco and decided to stay
Jan 7,2008 Got married in Zaio
Mar 2,2008 Got my Moroccan residency
Oct 23,2008 Direct Consular filed at consulate
Oct 31,2008 Got interview call for Dec 22nd
Nov 11,2008 Medical exam done
Dec 22,2008 Interview and got approved
Dec 23,2008 Visa issued, thanks to God
Jan 20,2009 Flew home to Texas.
Jan 21,2009 Living and working in Los Fresnos, Texas
Oct 30,2010 Filed I-751 Lifting of Conditions
Nov 2, 2010 NOA1
Dec 10,2010 Biometrics
Mar 23,2011 Approved Lifting of Conditions
Oct 28,2011 Filed N-400 Naturalization
Nov 02,2011 NOA 1
Nov 28,2011 Recd text/email placed inline for interview schedule
Dec 01,2011 Recd text/email interview scheduled,pending letter
Jan 10,2012 Interview Date
Jan 10,2012 Interview Cancelled and will be rescheduled per
USCIS as Farid can only interview after Jan 20th
Feb 23,2012 Citizenship Interview Date-Farid passed. Wohoo
July 6,2012 Oath Ceremony-McAllen Texas

March 20,2013 Petitioned for Momma

March 9, 2015 Momma arrives in Texas to live with us.

January 30, 2016 Momma leaves back to Morocco for a visit.

Happy New Year MENA VJ'er!! This was another tough holiday to get thru with out my honey here. We spent new years together last year. I didn't think it was going to bother me as much as it did being away from him on new years. The whole day I had been in a great mood cleaning and cooking get ready to go over to my sisters for a little party. I got there everyone brought really good food everything smelled wonderful. I tried eating and just had no appetite. My sister only had a few people over including out cousin. I tried relaxing in the living room away from all the noise thought maybe I was just overwhelmed with all the people. Then decided maybe I was just tired. I went to bed early and couldn't fall asleep. I come back down told my sister I just wasn't in the celebrating mood. I went home and felt better be alone. I didn't realize how much I was missing him. When I got home I couldn't stop crying. He told me to call him when it was midnight my time so I stayed up so I could her his voice and we could celebrate news years together again. (L)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Happy New Year MENA VJ'er!! This was another tough holiday to get thru with out my honey here. We spent new years together last year. I didn't think it was going to bother me as much as it did being away from him on new years. The whole day I had been in a great mood cleaning and cooking get ready to go over to my sisters for a little party. I got there everyone brought really good food everything smelled wonderful. I tried eating and just had no appetite. My sister only had a few people over including out cousin. I tried relaxing in the living room away from all the noise thought maybe I was just overwhelmed with all the people. Then decided maybe I was just tired. I went to bed early and couldn't fall asleep. I come back down told my sister I just wasn't in the celebrating mood. I went home and felt better be alone. I didn't realize how much I was missing him. When I got home I couldn't stop crying. He told me to call him when it was midnight my time so I stayed up so I could her his voice and we could celebrate news years together again. (L)

HAPPY NEW YEAR to ALL!! May this be the year that brings us together with our other halves.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

bleh, drywall. been doing that all weekend. :dead:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

charles be sure to measure twice, cut once.

Jax (F)

i thought i was doing pretty good today - knocked the drill over while moving around the garage - stuck my hand out behind me and caught it. the drill bit made a gouge in my hand - it landed point down. :blush:

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

2nd day of the year and I had to go to the urgent care clinic- sooo glad they were open on Sunday! I have strep throat and a middle ear infection. Off work til Tuesday.

We added a picture of our puppy on FB. We couldnt find our cat Candy and searched all over the house, then started looking outside even though she never goes outside we thought maybe she got out when we let the puppy in or out. We were calling Candy like crazy... no sound. Lily got up and went into the laundry room, jumped up onto the wash machine and was looking inside... There Candy was! Pictures on FB! I love cats!

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good Tuesday to you guys. Have a great afternoon. Sunny and nice here in deep south Texas.

Oct 28,2006 Met online in Yahoo messenger
Dec 2,2007 Traveled to Morocco and decided to stay
Jan 7,2008 Got married in Zaio
Mar 2,2008 Got my Moroccan residency
Oct 23,2008 Direct Consular filed at consulate
Oct 31,2008 Got interview call for Dec 22nd
Nov 11,2008 Medical exam done
Dec 22,2008 Interview and got approved
Dec 23,2008 Visa issued, thanks to God
Jan 20,2009 Flew home to Texas.
Jan 21,2009 Living and working in Los Fresnos, Texas
Oct 30,2010 Filed I-751 Lifting of Conditions
Nov 2, 2010 NOA1
Dec 10,2010 Biometrics
Mar 23,2011 Approved Lifting of Conditions
Oct 28,2011 Filed N-400 Naturalization
Nov 02,2011 NOA 1
Nov 28,2011 Recd text/email placed inline for interview schedule
Dec 01,2011 Recd text/email interview scheduled,pending letter
Jan 10,2012 Interview Date
Jan 10,2012 Interview Cancelled and will be rescheduled per
USCIS as Farid can only interview after Jan 20th
Feb 23,2012 Citizenship Interview Date-Farid passed. Wohoo
July 6,2012 Oath Ceremony-McAllen Texas

March 20,2013 Petitioned for Momma

March 9, 2015 Momma arrives in Texas to live with us.

January 30, 2016 Momma leaves back to Morocco for a visit.

Timeline

Hey y'all from the Florida way!!

We didn't do too much for new year's eve. Hubby was sick and grouchy and decided at 11:30 he wanted to go out. I said nope! I'm in my pj's watchiing the ball drop from NYC.:blush: We enjoyed a nice glass of bubbly grape juice instead!

I hope everyone is doing well!! Tamara Hope you are feeling better! Love the pics of your kitties and Adam's new baby dog!

Charles, no visits to the ER now!!

Hey Jeanne and Rosie and anyone else I missed!!

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I wish the week were over already! :blink:

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Timeline

Happy New Year MENA!!! Hey Terrie, Tamara, Jeanne, Andrea, Wendy, R and F, Sunny, D&H, Charles and Jackie.. I hope I didn't miss anyone :unsure: I've been kinda busy trying to prepare for this stupid interview :angry: we got our file back from the atty.. he didn't send much but he did send all of the affidavits(6), 1 picture... ours is a very complicated case.. oh well.. I pray everyone has been doing well and I know I have missed a lot :blink: everyone have a great day today... it's Wednesday.. yayyyyy :thumbs::dance::thumbs::dance:

Edited by FaithfulandTrue

Passage Revelation 19:11:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

"satan is real and he's playing for keeps
God is realer and we are His sheep
which side are you on, CHOOSE, start moving your feet
choose JESUS and have ETERNAL PEACE" by GOD to me on 9/26/10 about 2am
Thank you Jesus!!!!

Bebe and Cece Winans Heaven

Abdel Halim Hafez Qariat al Fingan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.