Muh and me

MENA January Daily thread

94 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Good afternoon MENA......Now that I know what MENA means!

I am so glad that some of you guys are going to travel and be united with your loved ones. No one should be going through what we are going through....NO ONE! It is very painful. People who love each other SHOULD be together...regardless of race, creed, religion, or financial status. I wish I did not have to go through this...and sometimes I wish I have found and fallen in love with a lady who is a US citizen (so that I can actually go to visit her and sing under her balcony, like a true Romeo love story. But alas, I have fallen in love with a Moroccan Arabian princess, and there is a big as* ocean seperating us from each other. I cannot just go to her house after work and pick her up for a dinner and a movie. Ahhhh....

Good Luck to you all, and may we all be united with our loved ones quickly, inshaala!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am sitting here looking out the window watching the first snow storm of 2011, if it wasn't for this snopw I would be on a plane on my way to Egypt! Blah!!! That's what I get for living in the U.P. of Michigan aka the North Pole!!! :rofl: Anyways I am leaving Monday, ticket is booked and I am packed. LOL It was quite the sight to see me trying to pack so much stuff, finally my mom says "Amber you just can't take all that!!!!" :bonk: It's funny how I tend to want to bring my closets with me, but I have a never ending obsession with clothes, thank God my hubby doesn't mind! Actually he understands, he has the same obsession! :thumbs: Anyways happy Saturday MENA world!!! Hopefully your not in the midst of a snow storm like me!

Amber

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Tucson is such a beautiful city. Wael and I are so saddened at the events of what happened yesterday.

We live less than a mile of where the shootings took place. We, like so many others were out doing our

shopping and errands. Our last stop took us to a store right across the street from Safeway. It was unbelievable

all the police, helicopters and ambulances. At first we didn't know what had happened, so turned the radio on in

the car and heard the news. We felt such a heartache for all who were involved...innocent people doing innocent

things. Please pray for Tucson and what happened here.

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Tucson is such a beautiful city. Wael and I are so saddened at the events of what happened yesterday.

We live less than a mile of where the shootings took place. We, like so many others were out doing our

shopping and errands. Our last stop took us to a store right across the street from Safeway. It was unbelievable

all the police, helicopters and ambulances. At first we didn't know what had happened, so turned the radio on in

the car and heard the news. We felt such a heartache for all who were involved...innocent people doing innocent

Morning Mena! I'm so sorry for the people that got killed and hurt yesterday. My prayers goes out to the people of Tucson. I hope that some order is bought into this world and all the bad stuff and violence stop. Inshallah!

Going for family pics with my son and grandson today. Have a good day!

GO PACKERS GO!!!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Timeline

Good morning MENA. Jeanne, terribly sad and wow thats so close to you guys! So glad ya'll were not in that parking lot. Definitely praying for all involved and trying to recover as well as their families and the town.

Hope everyone has a great day. Its raining and cold here in Houston. I still dont feel well and its my day off so I'm going to rest at home. Got work at 6am tomorrow.

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Timeline

Happy Sunday MENA~

Jeanne, prayers go out to all in Tucson! I didn't even hear about it!!

Tam~ go home and rest girl! Is this from you being sick and going to the doctor last week? Feel better!

Terrie~awesome on the pics with your son and grandson! Hope to see them on FB!

Amber~have a safe trip to your hubby! Just last night hubby asked me when were we going to Egypt! LOL told him once we get some bills paid please! Good luck with everything!

Liz~big hugs to you girl! I don't get on here that often either, usually when someone sends me a message and it pops up in my email!!

Hope everyone else has a great weekend. I'm just trying to do anything and everything before starting the housecleaning....yuck~~~

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Jeanne I've been thinking about you. We are so sad here too. I can't get over it. I saw a headline on msn.com that said "Politicians split on meaning" and I thought really?? Even now we can't come together? Really?! I think everyone needs to listen to the words of the sheriff there. Know you are in our prayers.

6/27/2009 Married

10/20/2009 I-130 sent

10/28/2009 NOA1

2/8/2010 NOA2

2/12/2010 NVC received and case number assigned

2/19/2010 Gave NVC email addresses

2/19/2010 AOS/DS3032 generated (not related to giving the emails)

2/21/2010 Emailed DS3032

2/22/2010 Received DS3032 and AOS bill via email

2/23/2010 Paid AOS bill

2/25/2010 AOS bill shows Paid and coversheet printed

3/2/2010 Received IV bill

4/9/2010 Paid IV bill

4/12/2010 IV bill shows Paid and coversheet printed

4/13/2010 Mailed IV packet

4/15/2010 IV packet received and signed for

4/16/2010 AOS packet mailed

4/19/2010 AOS packet received and signed for

4/20/2010 AVR changed and states biographic documents received on 4/17/2010

4/24/2010 AVR notes AOS entered into system on 4/23/2010

4/28/2010 Sign-in fail and NVC operator confirms case complete

5/01/2010 Interview assigned!

6/16/2010 Medical Exam

6/29/2010 Interview Approved!

7/7/2010 Visa in hand!

7/22/2010 POE

ROC

5/15/2012 Mailed in I-751

5/16/2012 Received

6/5/2012 Check cashed

6/6/2012 NOA1 received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy Moanday! I hope everyone has a good day!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hey everybody in MENA land. I wanted to share with you what we woke up to this morning in the deep south. We had a big snow storm last night. It's very unusual for us here in the deep south. Much of Mississippi and Alabama all the way to Georgia is covered in the white stuff. Hachemi's hometown in Algeria gets a lot of snow in the winter. He has mentioned several times how he misses the snow back home. He was really happy to see the snow!

Meriem (F)

DSC05117.jpg

Edited by Meriem_DZ

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

about half a foot of snow and still going. everyone got sent home, i'm still at work as i had to go get nessa and bring her to work. she gets off work at 1800.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

Happy Monday ya'll~

I am all moved into the new apartment. Internet and tv is back up and running. Changing the electric is a challenge~I have been lost in 'please hold for the next available operator'~land for like 20 minutes. Charles I think your snow is coming my way!

Jax (F)

Timeline

Happy Monday MENA!

I called out sick today, blech. Woke up just not feeling good. Throat pain, ear pain, crud....

I have seen the pictures of all the beautifull snow everyone was getting! They are saying here we are suppose to MAYBE have freezing temperatures on Wednesday night....Hmmm

more covering of the plants.

I have to say, I have enjoyed having the window open the past couple of days!!

Hope the rest of the week is better!!!

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Timeline

LOL you sound very excited and I know that feeling, have a wonderful and safe trip!! :D

I am sitting here looking out the window watching the first snow storm of 2011, if it wasn't for this snopw I would be on a plane on my way to Egypt! Blah!!! That's what I get for living in the U.P. of Michigan aka the North Pole!!! :rofl: Anyways I am leaving Monday, ticket is booked and I am packed. LOL It was quite the sight to see me trying to pack so much stuff, finally my mom says "Amber you just can't take all that!!!!" :bonk: It's funny how I tend to want to bring my closets with me, but I have a never ending obsession with clothes, thank God my hubby doesn't mind! Actually he understands, he has the same obsession! :thumbs: Anyways happy Saturday MENA world!!! Hopefully your not in the midst of a snow storm like me!

Amber

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Timeline

It's so sad and I don't understand where the security was and how that was allowed to happen........it's just horrible.....my prayers are with everyone there.

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Happy Monday ya'll~

I am all moved into the new apartment. Internet and tv is back up and running. Changing the electric is a challenge~I have been lost in 'please hold for the next available operator'~land for like 20 minutes. Charles I think your snow is coming my way!

Jax (F)

the snow seems stuck here. it's 4 wheel drive season again.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.