Inyakee

K-1 Denied

56 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi there everyone! My K-1 visa petition was been denied due lack of evidence of my relationship to my fiance. It was my mistakes because I only send a filmed- dated picture and a birth certificate of our son. I thought that was good enough as my proof of relationship to my fiance. Now I need go to to Canada again to get a passport stamp because I need to ask them for that ask my proof of entry to Canada. I was been to Canada for 50 times or more but they don't put a passport stamp and now I have to ask them for that. My question is which is better to re-apply again or to appeal? And how long do I have to wait to re-apply again? Thanks in advance.

I think you should appeal because i just send my daugther's birth certificate and boarding passes and they approved. I didn't get RFE's or anything. I didn't send pictures nothing just those two things.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I think you should appeal because i just send my daugther's birth certificate and boarding passes and they approved. I didn't get RFE's or anything. I didn't send pictures nothing just those two things.

It's far faster and less expensive to file a new petition than to appeal the denial of a petition. This is the petition that was denied, not the visa.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Isn't it true they don't have a 'timeline' or 'goal' of how long an appeal would take? That's what I've heard. No idea if it's true or not.

Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

Strange that they should not send a Request for Evidence instead of denying outright, but who knows.

Agreed, cheaper to just submit a new K-1 petition, if it was actually denied (and not RFEed) The previous filing will need to be listed, and so you have to make sure you have evidence with this one!

One thing you can do is go to a notary public next time you're in the US, and for the sake of a couple bucks have a statement written up that the undersigned (you and fiance) were present at the same time, identities verified, etc. And have them witness your signatures and date.

Edited by SunDrop

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I think some people that have a plan to marry a foreigner, I mean guys who go searching abroad for a wife, "bride hunters" if you will, probably visit websites like VJ long before even meeting their future spouse. The reality is, many of us do not fall into this category and are doing this on-the-fly. I suspect Baron555 was once a "bride hunter".

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I think some people that have a plan to marry a foreigner, I mean guys who go searching abroad for a wife, "bride hunters" if you will, probably visit websites like VJ long before even meeting their future spouse. The reality is, many of us do not fall into this category and are doing this on-the-fly. I suspect Baron555 was once a "bride hunter".

:lol:

+1

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Actually I found VJ one week before I left to meet her in person. I never subscribed to any of the other forums; I did all the homework myself, on my own.

And yes I picked my wife's profile out of a catalog and now we are happily married. Are you jealous or something? How does it matter how you meet the first time?

Isn't the long lasting love and life together the ultimate goal? Or do you need to satisfy what others think of you?

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Actually I found VJ one week before I left to meet her in person. I never subscribed to any of the other forums; I did all the homework myself, on my own.

And yes I picked my wife's profile out of a catalog and now we are happily married. Are you jealous or something? How does it matter how you meet the first time?

Isn't the long lasting love and life together the ultimate goal? Or do you need to satisfy what others think of you?

Congrats, but ####### like below is not helpful to anyone.

People, don't you realize that with this international relationship and your inevitable dance with USCIS you have to think and act outside your normal box.

Stay at a hotel, even for one night, just to generate that evidence. Generate the evidence. What is so hard about this concept?

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

• 2 weeks later...

And I do have a marriage certificate approved by the Canada and lawyers permit to get marriage. Is this enough to prove them that I met my fiance for the past two years?

First of all when appling for a K1 visa you needed to provide as much proof as possible of your realationship

like: photos of you and fiance, photos of your fiance,you and other people, phone records showing you called each other, travel recipts,passport stamped, airline tickets, emails to each other, cards or letters to each other, his travel receipts, statements from people(family/friends) saying they have met him or have me you.

etc

Maybe you should appeal it and provide more documentation! If you are applying for a K1 visa why did you get a marriage certificate in Canada, you have to get it the place the county you are getting married.(If your appling for K-1 Visa, that is so you can get married in the USA) To my knowledge, depending on state your marriage cert is only good for 60 days.

Hope this Helps.

Edited by penn-kd

AOS

Filed AOS............................October 17/08

NO1 for AOS,EAD, AP............October 31/08

Biometrics letter....................November 7/08

AOS sent to California.............................November 11/2008

Biometrics Appointment in York...............November 28/2008

AP Approved.............................................December 23/2008

EAD Card Received....................................January 3/2009

AP Received (I-512L)..................................January 5/2009

AOS Pending...............................................January 23/2009

AOS Approved, card on order will receive in 3 weeks..............March 10/2009

GREEN CARD RECIEVED MARCH 12/2009

ROC

VERMONT RECEIVED............................................DECEMBER 20/2010

NOA1 1 YEAR EXTENTION APPROVAL..............................DECEMBER 27/2010

RECIEVED BIOMETRICS APP.....................................JANUARY 7/2011

BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT......................................JANUARY 21/2011

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...................................MAY 9/2011

CARD WITHIN 60 DAYS

Just the birth certificate of our son and filmed-dated pics

Here are the steps for a K-1 Visa: My link

AOS

Filed AOS............................October 17/08

NO1 for AOS,EAD, AP............October 31/08

Biometrics letter....................November 7/08

AOS sent to California.............................November 11/2008

Biometrics Appointment in York...............November 28/2008

AP Approved.............................................December 23/2008

EAD Card Received....................................January 3/2009

AP Received (I-512L)..................................January 5/2009

AOS Pending...............................................January 23/2009

AOS Approved, card on order will receive in 3 weeks..............March 10/2009

GREEN CARD RECIEVED MARCH 12/2009

ROC

VERMONT RECEIVED............................................DECEMBER 20/2010

NOA1 1 YEAR EXTENTION APPROVAL..............................DECEMBER 27/2010

RECIEVED BIOMETRICS APP.....................................JANUARY 7/2011

BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT......................................JANUARY 21/2011

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...................................MAY 9/2011

CARD WITHIN 60 DAYS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Juliem:

Could you clarify? You mean you volunteer to send them the extra documents WITHOUT getting a RFE from them in the first place? What address do you send your additional documents to, if you do not receive a RFE in the first place instructing you where to send them?

I want to supplement more evidences to my going K-1 petition, just to make sure things go smoothly. I want to know how should I proceed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.