Mariye & Ky

Türk Kahvesi *Turkish Coffee* Cafe*

955 posts in this topic

Filed: H-2B Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for disappering on you guys,hubby is here and lots of things to take care and do.He arrived here in Houston May 24 th with couple of hrs. waiting at the immigration line(lots of immigrants and long lines).He just received his green card last week but not his SS card, so we went and applied again.(they supposed to send it in three weeks of his arrival but they didn't).

Not sure if he really liked it here yet, but, at least I speak Turkish and that helps a lot.He will be starting ESL classes soon to learn English and also studying at home.I try to speak English with him but it's hard to do, because, I miss speaking Turkish LOL..LOL..

I am glad that Baris is moving along well and even got a job.Kadir is here also and hope he gets his green card and SS card soon.also happy for Tuana,they got their interwiev date finally. I am so happy for recent interwiev dates and hope everybody's interwiev goes well without any problems.

Promise to be back soon with new updates..

Nihal

hello ceyhunnihal noone know english well i also dont know its okey to talk .about writing sometime i miss to spell sorrect..your hubby will get used to that its so difference when i was here first time even at work whatever i heard new word i was thinking whats that mean in turkish... and its not realy problem try to find out whats meaning in tukish...when times pass u learn more and that stay in the mind you use it more more and it will not go away..tell him dont worry its okey to get ESL learning fast and with speaking clup....i saw alot of people here in california that they dont know english even my boss he is from italy i think he came here before 40 years sometimes when he talk tome he words of itallian... right now me i am doing everything by myself going work by buss going restaurant by my self shopping bymyself even DMV today i went by myselfthay me papers to filled it out...

best wishes for you both

melbar

Timeline

LOL... You're a 'devil'! LOL.... Thank you Kelly -- definitely, and always my breakfast mate!

AmeriTurks, Do you know this Movie??

We were on our way to Adana to meet K's family for the first time. We went by bus. The move they showed was about an American girl, "Cesika" [ne: Jessica], from Colorado and a village boy, Ibriheem from Tinen, Turkey (it really doesn't exist though). The place is supposed to be located in Southeast Turkey and this is also where Adana is! In a way, it was like the American movie, Meet the Parents, but in a Turkish version!

Last night, I watched it on YouTube (all 9 segments in full). What a reminder! LOL and soooooooo funny to me.

You know the movie? It's called, "Ay Lav Yu" and it's an inside joke with me and K. I think all the AmeriTurks could relate in actuality!

Love,

Mariye Yenge

hi mari yenge i know that movei.ibrahim cesika yi(jessica) i love you. and wellcome to tinneit is realy funny i wacthed that alot..

Timeline

hello everybody here in turkish cafee i would advise you to eat gelato (not ice cream)less air les calories.it is realy good...i know how to make coffee any kind coffee i hope one day i will make u coffee... at the bakery i learned everything accept writing on cakes it is not hard but i am scare to write on the cake

it is just happy birthday .happy unniversary.ect...i ill learn that too...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

hi mari yenge how are u i hope u doing well..i was even scared to go dentist but its okey...when i was in turkey working .american people came i was serving them selling stuff and ect.. it was my first time to be in dentist in different country...thats why i was nervous...but i figure it out every dentists are the same even in turkey even here nothing difference at all...if u have insurance its ok if not u have to pay alot and alot...say hi to my hemsehrim

melbar

Hello guys,

Heyy!! no need to get scared of dentist in here bec they are the same as in turkey.I already done my dentist appointment.They are nice ( at least mine was ok ) so there is no reason to get nerveous...

ROC

03/12/2013 - I-751 Package Mailed

03/14/2013 - Received NOA1

04/16/2013 - Biometrics App. Scheduled

Timeline

AmeriTurks!

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! I'm very happy ... I went to my Turkish family in SF and they own a Turkish Restaurant! So they cooked for me and boy oh boy, was it FABULOUS!

I got to practice speaking Turkish with them and so KD, I no longer speak like I am translating from GOOGLE!! lol lol lol

My Turk family here sent me home with TONS of food! OMG, I'm so happy with the care package it was more than a birthday! I also got to talk with K which is always sweet and I love it! He was so happy I was going to be with our friends and eating Adana Kebaps! LOL if he didn't live in Adana, I think he'd be a little bit jealous! ... well, maybe not; he does live in Turkey .... food is totally authentic!

Love to all,

Mari

Wow Mari,

Thats exactly great that you have a turkish family near by.You can have turkish food Oh My God I missed kebabs hahah.I can cook all kind of turkish food but its different yummy taste when you eat kebabs in the resturant.

hahaha its ok Mari as long as you trying to speak and learning it..Its the same thing as i do here for english!!

I wish we all were living close to eachother then we can have a date and visit eachothers its really gonna be fun.

Well who knows we can have it in the future when everybody is ready..

Ok guys see you and keep in touch..

hi mari yenge i know that movei.ibrahim cesika yi(jessica) i love you. and wellcome to tinneit is realy funny i wacthed that alot..

hahaha that was an awesome movie i liked it!!

ROC

OMG!!!! I just opened my mail and there it was: Can and I are approved!! It's 3:15am here in Istanbul and there no way I can go back to sleep now. Whooohoooo!!!

I'm soo happy! Thanks to all of you for your encourgement and support! Congratulations to all of those who have gotten the great news recently. Now it's time to get to work on the NVC packet. Thanks for your help Mari!

Filed: Timeline

WOW! That's so great! Congrats on the NOA2. I know it's a great feeling :)

OMG!!!! I just opened my mail and there it was: Can and I are approved!! It's 3:15am here in Istanbul and there no way I can go back to sleep now. Whooohoooo!!!

I'm soo happy! Thanks to all of you for your encourgement and support! Congratulations to all of those who have gotten the great news recently. Now it's time to get to work on the NVC packet. Thanks for your help Mari!

Timeline

Congrulations!!!

I hope your NVC stage also will be pretty fast..

Good luck

ROC

Timeline

Congratulations

Timeline

Hey everyone! Bulut had his interview in Istanbul and even though I don't have a play by play of things (because there really wasn't much to tell) I will try to give you all a heads up of what you can expect at the medical in Ist.

His appointment was at 1:30 and they took him right away.

They asked him the usual smoking and drinking questions and then asked him if he had ever broken any bones. When Bulut said yes, the doctor asked him if it was internal pressure or external pressure he said external. Internal was strange to me because all I could think of that would cause internal breakage was that scene from Alien where the baby alien pops through the man's chest.

He was there for 2 hours.

They took his blood, did a chest xray and the usual things they do in a regular physical.

His exam was on the 4th but he had to come the next day to pick up the results.

He ended up with 3 shots.

I was too nervous to ask him how much the exam cost because he said it was a lot, but before he went in they quoted him $550-$600 for the medical.

So now we only have the interview and I'm so excited and ready to go!! :thumbs:

Wedding: 7/10/2010

I-130 Sent: 10/08/2010

NOA 1: 10/20/2010

Touched: 10/26/2010

NOA2: 2/10/2011

NVC: 3/6/2011 approx.

No I-864, DS-230 Notification NVC says download files

Emailed Agent form: Response Confirming Change Arrived the Next Day

Mailed I-864 Package: 4/2/2011, Arrived 4/4/2011

DS-230 Received: 4/19/2011

RFE: 5/3/2011, emailed documents same day, email confirmation 5/4/2011

NVC Case Complete: 5/20/2011 (approx. called NVC and they said it was complete so don't know exact date)

Email with Instructions: 5/27/2011

Interview scheduled: 7/14/2011

Consulate had to reschedule, new interview 7/20/2011

APPROVED 7/20/2011

Timeline

Hey everyone! Bulut had his interview in Istanbul and even though I don't have a play by play of things (because there really wasn't much to tell) I will try to give you all a heads up of what you can expect at the medical in Ist.

They asked him the usual smoking and drinking questions and then asked him if he had ever broken any bones. When Bulut said yes, the doctor asked him if it was internal pressure or external pressure he said external. Internal was strange to me because all I could think of that would cause internal breakage was that scene from Alien where the baby alien pops through the man's chest.

They took his blood, did a chest xray and the usual things they do in a regular physical.

I was too nervous to ask him how much the exam cost because he said it was a lot, but before he went in they quoted him $550-$600 for the medical.

Good luck at interview

ROC

Timeline

Good luck

Timeline

Good luck

Hi Baris,

How u doing bro? I went to the DMV office and got me hand book for rules of the rood illinois and i also asked if i can take the writting exam in turkish but they just have it polish and spanish there is no any languages :(( its ok

I have to study the book i dont think it will be hard i talked someone who lives in illinois he told me that we having exams on the computer if you cant answer the question there is option that u can skip the question for another next question anyways we will see dang by the way i did not still get my GC and SSN card yet its already has been a month i will go to the office when my wife is back to home.

How about you ? whats going on ? Where is Mari she is not around lately

ROC

Timeline

Thanks melbar and KdRjN! KdRjN where in Illinois do you live? Bulut and I plan on moving to Chicago sometime in January.

Wedding: 7/10/2010

I-130 Sent: 10/08/2010

NOA 1: 10/20/2010

Touched: 10/26/2010

NOA2: 2/10/2011

NVC: 3/6/2011 approx.

No I-864, DS-230 Notification NVC says download files

Emailed Agent form: Response Confirming Change Arrived the Next Day

Mailed I-864 Package: 4/2/2011, Arrived 4/4/2011

DS-230 Received: 4/19/2011

RFE: 5/3/2011, emailed documents same day, email confirmation 5/4/2011

NVC Case Complete: 5/20/2011 (approx. called NVC and they said it was complete so don't know exact date)

Email with Instructions: 5/27/2011

Interview scheduled: 7/14/2011

Consulate had to reschedule, new interview 7/20/2011

APPROVED 7/20/2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.