Mariye & Ky

Türk Kahvesi *Turkish Coffee* Cafe*

955 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for disappering on you guys,hubby is here and lots of things to take care and do.He arrived here in Houston May 24 th with couple of hrs. waiting at the immigration line(lots of immigrants and long lines).He just received his green card last week but not his SS card, so we went and applied again.(they supposed to send it in three weeks of his arrival but they didn't).

Not sure if he really liked it here yet, but, at least I speak Turkish and that helps a lot.He will be starting ESL classes soon to learn English and also studying at home.I try to speak English with him but it's hard to do, because, I miss speaking Turkish LOL..LOL..

I am glad that Baris is moving along well and even got a job.Kadir is here also and hope he gets his green card and SS card soon.also happy for Tuana,they got their interwiev date finally. I am so happy for recent interwiev dates and hope everybody's interwiev goes well without any problems.

Promise to be back soon with new updates..

Nihal

Wow I m so happy for both of you Nihal...

Yes i m here in usa it is already has been 2 weeks since i arrived.I m studying about Driver License untill i will get mu GC and SSN card.Bec DL is important for me that my wife cant drive.Then i will be looking a job then i want to have the Certificate program.Actually i would like to work in the airport but we will see.

When i was at POE there was not a long line just few people were waiting then when i arrived to Immigration desk there is nobody it was so easy to get in.After they checked all my papers they called me and told me magic word Welcome to USA then they put me where they can check my bag which is it was only xray they did not even dig my bag but they did for some of them.

I m so happy for another people from Turkey who going to be together with their loved one or who already together.

keep in touch guys!!

Edited by KdRjN

ROC

03/12/2013 - I-751 Package Mailed

03/14/2013 - Received NOA1

04/16/2013 - Biometrics App. Scheduled

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hey Melbar, I hope this is not intrusive of me to ask, but I am trying to assist Kemal in finding different resources or avenues that he can research concerning finding work here in the United States and other things maybe we can do together and get involved in to help make is transition more smooth. If you have any suggestions that you would not mind sharing, or any ideas, I would love to hear them. Kemal has been doing research on his end, however I would like to help him in his efforts and too if I could find some ways for us to meet some Turk people in the area that could become friends for us, that would make me so happy. So, if you have any suggestions or ideas that you would not mind sharing, I would greatly appreciate it. I am so glad to hear you are adjusting so well, I hope things just continue to get better along the way. Take care!

Tuana

Hey Tuana! I already have Bahadir a job. I talked to all my friends in the area he works in. And we have a company that has agreed to hire him....What does kemal do? What is his skill set? Definitely finding other Turkish people in your area is a great way, because they do help each other.

Michele

Timeline

MichDir.....lol

Hope you are well!!!! When is you guys Interview date??

I'm not telling when our interview date is cuz I don't want to jinx it! .... you know.... Nizar?

evil-eye-charm.jpg

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Hello Ameriturks!

I haven't been on here in quite awhile and I miss it actually. We are still waiting in AP :( and the time seems to be dragging on!

Sounds like several of the Turks are in America and doing well! I am looking forward to all of us getting together for a real "shindig". Good Luck to everyone who have upcoming interviews and CONGRATS to everyone who is past that lovely stage.

P.S.

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT 4TH of JULY!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

Fatih and Kelly

Fatih and Kelly's Visa Journey

2010- 12-10: Sent I-130 and DS-230 Complete Package to US Embassy in Ankara, Turkey via UPS

which included everything BUT the Kitchen SINK!

2010-12-13: Per UPS, Package has been received at American Consulate in Ankara, Turkey

2011-01-20: Received Email from US Embassy in Ankara

INTERVIEW DATE 03/08/2011 @ 8:30 am !!!

2011-03-08: Placed in AP

I will NEVER give up and WILL fight to the END!

Apologies if I state in a comment that my husband and I have been together for years & years. It's just that I can hardly remember a time when he and I were not together.

Ohhhh I almost forgot!

One of us Ameriturks are having a birthday on Wednesday the 29th of JUNE. You have to guess who and I will give you just one clue..........she established Türk Kahvesi *Turkish Coffee* Cafe* .....:whistle:

Wish her a Happy Birthday!

Love ya GIRL...........:devil::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

and HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Edited by Luckywife2007

Fatih and Kelly's Visa Journey

2010- 12-10: Sent I-130 and DS-230 Complete Package to US Embassy in Ankara, Turkey via UPS

which included everything BUT the Kitchen SINK!

2010-12-13: Per UPS, Package has been received at American Consulate in Ankara, Turkey

2011-01-20: Received Email from US Embassy in Ankara

INTERVIEW DATE 03/08/2011 @ 8:30 am !!!

2011-03-08: Placed in AP

I will NEVER give up and WILL fight to the END!

Apologies if I state in a comment that my husband and I have been together for years & years. It's just that I can hardly remember a time when he and I were not together.

Timeline

Ohhhh I almost forgot!

One of us Ameriturks are having a birthday on Wednesday the 29th of JUNE. You have to guess who and I will give you just one clue..........she established Türk Kahvesi *Turkish Coffee* Cafe* .....:whistle:

and HAPPY BIRTHDAY

LOL... You're a 'devil'! LOL.... Thank you Kelly -- definitely, and always my breakfast mate!

AmeriTurks, Do you know this Movie??

We were on our way to Adana to meet K's family for the first time. We went by bus. The move they showed was about an American girl, "Cesika" [ne: Jessica], from Colorado and a village boy, Ibriheem from Tinen, Turkey (it really doesn't exist though). The place is supposed to be located in Southeast Turkey and this is also where Adana is! In a way, it was like the American movie, Meet the Parents, but in a Turkish version!

Last night, I watched it on YouTube (all 9 segments in full). What a reminder! LOL and soooooooo funny to me.

You know the movie? It's called, "Ay Lav Yu" and it's an inside joke with me and K. I think all the AmeriTurks could relate in actuality!

Love,

Mariye Yenge

Edited by Mari & Kadir

Timeline

Ohhhh I almost forgot!

and HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Hello Kelly,

I hope you will get a good news soon about your process...

I think this is Mari hahaha what smart i am !! Happy Birth Day Mari hope everything will be as you wish in your life.

ROC

03/12/2013 - I-751 Package Mailed

03/14/2013 - Received NOA1

04/16/2013 - Biometrics App. Scheduled

Timeline

AmeriTurks!

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! I'm very happy ... I went to my Turkish family in SF and they own a Turkish Restaurant! So they cooked for me and boy oh boy, was it FABULOUS!

I got to practice speaking Turkish with them and so KD, I no longer speak like I am translating from GOOGLE!! lol lol lol

My Turk family here sent me home with TONS of food! OMG, I'm so happy with the care package it was more than a birthday! I also got to talk with K which is always sweet and I love it! He was so happy I was going to be with our friends and eating Adana Kebaps! LOL if he didn't live in Adana, I think he'd be a little bit jealous! ... well, maybe not; he does live in Turkey .... food is totally authentic!

Love to all,

Mari

Filed: Timeline

AmeriTurks!

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! I'm very happy ... I went to my Turkish family in SF and they own a Turkish Restaurant! So they cooked for me and boy oh boy, was it FABULOUS!

I got to practice speaking Turkish with them and so KD, I no longer speak like I am translating from GOOGLE!! lol lol lol

My Turk family here sent me home with TONS of food! OMG, I'm so happy with the care package it was more than a birthday! I also got to talk with K which is always sweet and I love it! He was so happy I was going to be with our friends and eating Adana Kebaps! LOL if he didn't live in Adana, I think he'd be a little bit jealous! ... well, maybe not; he does live in Turkey .... food is totally authentic!

Love to all,

Mari

That's so great Mari! I'm jealous myself. I am missing the yummy food. Cooked with love. Soon I will be enjoying it again :)

Filed: H-2B Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for disappering on you guys,hubby is here and lots of things to take care and do.He arrived here in Houston May 24 th with couple of hrs. waiting at the immigration line(lots of immigrants and long lines).He just received his green card last week but not his SS card, so we went and applied again.(they supposed to send it in three weeks of his arrival but they didn't).

Not sure if he really liked it here yet, but, at least I speak Turkish and that helps a lot.He will be starting ESL classes soon to learn English and also studying at home.I try to speak English with him but it's hard to do, because, I miss speaking Turkish LOL..LOL..

I am glad that Baris is moving along well and even got a job.Kadir is here also and hope he gets his green card and SS card soon.also happy for Tuana,they got their interwiev date finally. I am so happy for recent interwiev dates and hope everybody's interwiev goes well without any problems.

Promise to be back soon with new updates..

Nihal

hello ceyhun nihalthank u.. i am working realy hard before start to school .. when i satr school i can work full time school is importand for me to have better job and career for future.today i had my driving licence exam test i passed examinetion it was great... i will set up appointment for driving test... everything look good now... i just miss my family and friends back home.anyway i will see them september before stat school...

and i am sorry if i can not reply for posts...

melbar

Filed: H-2B Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Melbar,

I think it's great how you are accomodating to life here in the States! It's great to know that you're working too. Kadir is in Adana and he's working until he comes here. I haven't told him he's going to the Dentist... lol ... yet.

Anyway, have fun with everything and glad to see your post.

Mariye Yenge

hi mari yenge how are u i hope u doing well..i was even scared to go dentist but its okey...when i was in turkey working .american people came i was serving them selling stuff and ect.. it was my first time to be in dentist in different country...thats why i was nervous...but i figure it out every dentists are the same even in turkey even here nothing difference at all...if u have insurance its ok if not u have to pay alot and alot...say hi to my hemsehrim

melbar

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.