Mariye & Ky

Türk Kahvesi *Turkish Coffee* Cafe*

955 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

yes Corba you can find it in the grocery the brand is Knor I like ezogelin corbasi :D

Your welcome Mari

I make it from scratch... but when I first came back from Turkey, I must have had a dozen of those Knorr corbasi's with me!!! I love Yayla Corbasi... easy peasy to make this one too. I miss the Pide fresh from the bakery... omg when K would bring me one everyday "only for you" for Kavalti... I WAS IN HEAVEN!

Tomorrow I want to go to our Turk family's restaurant (we consider them 'my turkish side of the family' since they're from San Francisco. lol) Anyway, I love to be around them so I can learn to speak better.

What's up on everyone's weekend agenda?

Mari

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

I make it from scratch... but when I first came back from Turkey, I must have had a dozen of those Knorr corbasi's with me!!! I love Yayla Corbasi... easy peasy to make this one too. I miss the Pide fresh from the bakery... omg when K would bring me one everyday "only for you" for Kavalti... I WAS IN HEAVEN!

Tomorrow I want to go to our Turk family's restaurant (we consider them 'my turkish side of the family' since they're from San Francisco. lol) Anyway, I love to be around them so I can learn to speak better.

Mari

WORK some rest and More Work! What about you? Are you going to the interview? IF you havent already had it! I am so ready to hear your news about Kadir arrival!!!

Timeline

This week is exciting~ We have 3 interviews for us AMeri-Turks!!!!!

Brettydressure July 20

Delidana July 20

Tuanandkemal July 21

Good luck guys! We all send you our support!!!!!!!! Excited to hear about the approvals!!!

Timeline

good luck everybody...

it is my birthday today so we went to magic water today wow!! it was awesome and i have fun i loved it!!

whats up guys? how is everybody?

ROC

03/12/2013 - I-751 Package Mailed

03/14/2013 - Received NOA1

04/16/2013 - Biometrics App. Scheduled

Timeline

good luck everybody...

it is my birthday today so we went to magic water today wow!! it was awesome and i have fun i loved it!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ABI:) Glad you had a great birthday!!!

Everything is great here in the Bahadir and Michele front! We are waiting for our interview date! We have started getting everything finalized! Cant wait to have him here! Cant believe we are so close!

Filed: Timeline

I miss the Turkish breakfast myself. The gevrek is in the paper. I should have pulled it out to photograph. This is a photo of my very first Turkish Breakfast made by my sweetie. Mmmmmm hot bread. OMG, I could easily be a very fat woman! lol

TurkKavesi.jpg

Mari

Timeline

Hi everyone! Sorry I was away, Bulut had his interview and WE WERE APPROVED!! I was just too nervous to come on here a fw days b4 everything because then I would start to worry about what we sent and what we didn't send and AP and a whole slew of other things we had no control over. So now you can tell I'm the woman that worried about everything. I could take an HIV test and come back negative, turn around and take another one 5 minutes later and still worry about the results. I put an embassy report up if anyone wants to know what happened (not much, as it was only 5 minutes).

Tolsab, I'm so hungry now! That is the perfect kahvalti and makes me home sick even more. I really miss peynir, tereyagi and ekmek and I'm all good.

Wedding: 7/10/2010

I-130 Sent: 10/08/2010

NOA 1: 10/20/2010

Touched: 10/26/2010

NOA2: 2/10/2011

NVC: 3/6/2011 approx.

No I-864, DS-230 Notification NVC says download files

Emailed Agent form: Response Confirming Change Arrived the Next Day

Mailed I-864 Package: 4/2/2011, Arrived 4/4/2011

DS-230 Received: 4/19/2011

RFE: 5/3/2011, emailed documents same day, email confirmation 5/4/2011

NVC Case Complete: 5/20/2011 (approx. called NVC and they said it was complete so don't know exact date)

Email with Instructions: 5/27/2011

Interview scheduled: 7/14/2011

Consulate had to reschedule, new interview 7/20/2011

APPROVED 7/20/2011

Timeline

good luck everybody...

happy-birthday-08.jpg

Best Wishes!!! Mari & Kadir

I miss the Turkish breakfast myself. The gevrek is in the paper. I should have pulled it out to photograph. This is a photo of my very first Turkish Breakfast made by my sweetie. Mmmmmm hot bread. OMG, I could easily be a very fat woman! lol

TurkKavesi.jpg

Ohhhhhhh that looks delicious!!!!!! Go on... make everybody hungry!! lol

Hi everyone! Sorry I was away, Bulut had his interview and WE WERE APPROVED!! I was just too nervous to come on here a fw days b4 everything because then I would start to worry about what we sent and what we didn't send and AP and a whole slew of other things we had no control over. So now you can tell I'm the woman that worried about everything. I could take an HIV test and come back negative, turn around and take another one 5 minutes later and still worry about the results. I put an embassy report up if anyone wants to know what happened (not much, as it was only 5 minutes).

Tolsab, I'm so hungry now! That is the perfect kahvalti and makes me home sick even more. I really miss peynir, tereyagi and ekmek and I'm all good.

Ashley & Bulut!!!!!!!!

tebrikler01cm0.jpg

We love you two!!!

Mari & Kadir

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Timeline

Mari and BahaChe

thank you so much guys...

we called uscis today to update our stuff bec lastday i went to SSA office to get my SSN but i was not in their system yet (i have no idea why) so the officer told us that he cant help us then we called uscis i hope finally i will receive all ( i did not received welcome letter bullshoot) i am already in usa since 1.5 months and nothing goin on i bored to be at home i m ready for DL exams but i have no SSN yet so i cant do a thing..

a week from now i will also go back to SSA office

Congrats B you approved

ROC

Timeline

OMG WOOOHOOOOOOO celebration time!!! So happy for you guys!!!!!!!

Filed: Timeline

I'm happy to hear you had such a positive experience. From everything I've read, there are some reasonable folks at the embassy in Ankara. Congrats!!!

Timeline

B- i told you it wont take long at interview as long as you prepared very well

Congrats again so happy for both

ROC

OMG.... Congrats You two!:dance: I am so happy for you guys... finally! And now your almost done..... what a good feeling that must be! We are still waiting to get through AP..... what a nightmare, this is horrible but what to do but wait....:whistle: I miss my Hunny Bunny so much!

We will be done with this process soon and then it will be my turn to post a positive word!:lol::lol:

Kelly & Fatih

Fatih and Kelly's Visa Journey

2010- 12-10: Sent I-130 and DS-230 Complete Package to US Embassy in Ankara, Turkey via UPS

which included everything BUT the Kitchen SINK!

2010-12-13: Per UPS, Package has been received at American Consulate in Ankara, Turkey

2011-01-20: Received Email from US Embassy in Ankara

INTERVIEW DATE 03/08/2011 @ 8:30 am !!!

2011-03-08: Placed in AP

I will NEVER give up and WILL fight to the END!

Apologies if I state in a comment that my husband and I have been together for years & years. It's just that I can hardly remember a time when he and I were not together.

Timeline

Another update! I actually read this thread from beginning to end the other night, wow it is crazy to see how much time has passed.

Well Bulut already received his visa, it took all of 2 days and he would have received it the next day but UPS didn't deliver to Selcuk that day. He is actually on vj but neither one of us can actually remember his name on here and I don't think we are even friends. haha. I forgot to thank Kr for the guveç recipe, I will definitely be using that a lot. I will be buying some ramekins soon.

I have been really busy lately. I've been updating our wedding registry and studying Spanish. I will be traveling with Bulut for a month this year and even though we were all over Latin and Central America last year I never bothered to learn Spanish. A lot of people down there were confused because the people assumed that I spoke Spanish. They would start to speak to me and I would just look at them, then Bulut would respond and you knew they were were thinking "How does this gringo know Spanish?" :rofl: Then it always ended up with some conversation about where I was from and that he spoke with a Spanish Spanish accent. Now I have too many languages bouncing around in my head and I'm starting sentences in English, switching to Spanish and ending in Turkish. :blink:

How is everyone doing with their Turkish?

Mine is ok enough where I feel as if I could get around and get my point across in caveman Turkish, but it is so çok zor that I feel like I'm going to be stuck speaking horrible Turkish forever. Bulut is a grammar and pronunciation nazi and explains everything in minute detail :help::blink: but when you can't even figure out the suffixes beyond the most basic ones it is extremely hard. Wow this is long.

Paging Kdj: what is the name of the sauce/condiment with patlican, kirmizı beber ve zeytin yağ? I need that recipe and I keep forgetting the name of it

Wedding: 7/10/2010

I-130 Sent: 10/08/2010

NOA 1: 10/20/2010

Touched: 10/26/2010

NOA2: 2/10/2011

NVC: 3/6/2011 approx.

No I-864, DS-230 Notification NVC says download files

Emailed Agent form: Response Confirming Change Arrived the Next Day

Mailed I-864 Package: 4/2/2011, Arrived 4/4/2011

DS-230 Received: 4/19/2011

RFE: 5/3/2011, emailed documents same day, email confirmation 5/4/2011

NVC Case Complete: 5/20/2011 (approx. called NVC and they said it was complete so don't know exact date)

Email with Instructions: 5/27/2011

Interview scheduled: 7/14/2011

Consulate had to reschedule, new interview 7/20/2011

APPROVED 7/20/2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.