Mariye & Ky

Türk Kahvesi *Turkish Coffee* Cafe*

955 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Thanks to everybody

Mari,

The POE was so easy they did not give me hard time i just gave them (immigrant officer) my papers they let me to sit and called me after they checked my papers then he said the magic word WELCOME TO USA thats it

did you get ur interview date yet ?

write you more later i will go to the dentist today

ROC

03/12/2013 - I-751 Package Mailed

03/14/2013 - Received NOA1

04/16/2013 - Biometrics App. Scheduled

Timeline

Thanks to everybody

Mari,

The POE was so easy they did not give me hard time i just gave them (immigrant officer) my papers they let me to sit and called me after they checked my papers then he said the magic word WELCOME TO USA thats it

did you get ur interview date yet ?

write you more later i will go to the dentist today

Hi Kd! Hope your dental scaling went well... I'm not big on going to the dentist, even if she is a friend of mine! LOL.

Congratulations on your POE! I hope ours is easy like that too.

Hello to wife!!

Mari

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Timeline

Hi Kd! Hope your dental scaling went well... I'm not big on going to the dentist, even if she is a friend of mine! LOL.

Congratulations on your POE! I hope ours is easy like that too.

Hello to wife!!

Mari

Hi Mari'

yes it went well i never get scared of dentist no matter what..

Im sure POE it will easy for K too..

I m still waiting my green card and SSN then i will be working..

When is ur interview date scheduled ?

see ya

Edited by KdRjN

ROC

03/12/2013 - I-751 Package Mailed

03/14/2013 - Received NOA1

04/16/2013 - Biometrics App. Scheduled

Filed: H-2B Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

hi everybody how are u? i am no longer here sorry for that i am working there to much things to discover in USA i am working to much now...i got my second pay check today u take care ok

mari say hi to kadir how is he he is ok tell him to enjoy food in adana tell him to drink kacak cay for me ok...i found turkish resturants and people i got afew friends i will start school also after i go turkey. october i will start school in everest college medical billing and codding... it was easy they dont care about toefl and other staff it will take 8 monts to take my certificate of medical biller...and september my oconomi degree will be in my hand ....

i am telling everybody here if u want to have better apportunites when u come here study anything u can. it will be your resume. u can find better job...

take care everybody

Timeline

hi everybody how are u? i am no longer here sorry for that i am working there to much things to discover in USA i am working to much now...i got my second pay check today u take care ok

mari say hi to kadir how is he he is ok tell him to enjoy food in adana tell him to drink kacak cay for me ok...i found turkish resturants and people i got afew friends i will start school also after i go turkey. october i will start school in everest college medical billing and codding... it was easy they dont care about toefl and other staff it will take 8 monts to take my certificate of medical biller...and september my oconomi degree will be in my hand ....

i am telling everybody here if u want to have better apportunites when u come here study anything u can. it will be your resume. u can find better job...

take care everybody

Alright Melbar! Sounds like you are doing great here!!! Congratulations on the new job and working. Are you enjoying your job?

Kadir is working as much as possible until we figure out when I will go for visit or he will just come directly on his own. Everything dependent on flights/ my schedule/ our schedule/ etc. TOO MUCH in consideration and it can really make somebody crazy! It's really strange to have the blessing of "No Security Limitation" on the fone and on the internet like when he was working on the AF Base. Sheesh, my mind still thinks the fone signal goes off at 5 mins for the rest of the day! I thought I couldn't get used to that when he first left, but evidently, I had. Now, I can't get used to the normal communication connections! Geeze, we're really missing each other and let me tell you Baris (and my AmeriTurk family), it's a HUGE BIG BIG BIG BLESSING if you can just speak to your Askim everyday whether they are here in the States or still away. That is one thing K and I learned while he was working abroad.... do not take each other for granted!

I'm excited to hear you will be learning medical billing! It's a great idea! ...... LOL Baris, maybe you and K can do my billing then!! Speaking of medical... I have been working a lot (overworked, over tired and over budget, lol). It's a good thing to work and Kadir gives me the drive I need for motivation when I do not want to go! ha ha

Lastly, I'm happy you found some Turk friends! I know it makes a huge difference when you're here. It definitely gives a sense of community that's for sure!! How's Melek? Has she learned how to make any Turkish food yet? Oh yes, and I will tell Kadir to have a sit down and drink Cay for you... he does that anyway without my instruction... cok cok!! lol

Best to you all,

Mari

Filed: Timeline

Hello Mari,

I completely understand where you are coming from. Although I miss my askim, I am thankful for technology and the love I receive in return. He's amazing. Always sure to find a way to make me feel special. He even went out of his way to find me a Turkish cookbook in English, because I've been wanting to learn to cook the foods he and I love. Hard to do that when you're translating online. these translators are HORRIBLE! So much misunderstanding occurs when I need them. Yuck! But, my sweetie is learning English more and more, and so now we use translators less. We have entire conversations without having to use one. Great practice for him too. I do worry about his interview a little. He is use to my english, but I am concerned when a total stranger with a different accent tries to question him and not use proper words he already knows for everyday things. I will just have to have faith.

Hello Turk family :)

Sabrina

Timeline

Hi Mari'

yes it went well i never get scared of dentist no matter what..

Im sure POE it will easy for K too..

I m still waiting my green card and SSN then i will be working..

When is ur interview date scheduled ?

see ya

KD it sounds like you are doing well here too. Baris wrote (melbar --- see his post). I'm really excited to see the AmeriTurk Family cruisin' along after all the waiting and little glitches that go along side with immigrating. So what kind of work will you do here?

I wonder if [my] K will like his first visit to the dentist?? LOL ... she's kinda mean with that darn peridontal probe! Good she's a friend of mine --- otherwise I could go berzerk with that pain! I do sit still though.

I have to get ready and get my day in order so I'm productive.

Hello to wife and family!

Mari

Timeline

OK Where are all the NEW AmeriTurks????

Sheesh... And then YOU OLDER ones? I finally get our Thread Pinned and everybody takes off for a LONNNNNNNNG HONEYMOON! lol :whistle:

With love,

Mariye Yenge

Timeline

Hello Mari,

I completely understand where you are coming from. Although I miss my askim, I am thankful for technology and the love I receive in return. He's amazing. Always sure to find a way to make me feel special. He even went out of his way to find me a Turkish cookbook in English, because I've been wanting to learn to cook the foods he and I love. Hard to do that when you're translating online. these translators are HORRIBLE! So much misunderstanding occurs when I need them. Yuck! But, my sweetie is learning English more and more, and so now we use translators less. We have entire conversations without having to use one. Great practice for him too. I do worry about his interview a little. He is use to my english, but I am concerned when a total stranger with a different accent tries to question him and not use proper words he already knows for everyday things. I will just have to have faith.

Hello Turk family :)

Sabrina

Morning Sabrina!

I have to agree any of the translators (esp. GOOGLE translate) really are lame! One thing that I did was in order to speak with K's mom & baba was to actually speak every weekend with them on the fone. It forced me to learn; kinda what happens to a foreign national when they come here and do not speak much English... they just learn by being in the environment as best they can. I'm still not fluent and writing in Turkish is very hard for me because of how the sentence structures are. Very opposit of English! K's got a pretty good command of English because of his work on US Military Bases. I can assure you he has probably learned "American slang" too... :whistle: which means I have made it a point that I also learn Turkish slang and I'm doing quiet well with it! LOL LOL LOL Let me say their words can be quite descriptive when used on certain context. :D

So Sabrina, I can't wait for you to meet all the AmeriTurk Girls here!!! (Tuana, Kelly, Ashley, Maribel, Me, and Nihal if she can get out of honeymoon state this year; more and too many to list) --- really fun and friendly--- but no worries if we don't answer right away bc of our schedules!

Love to you and your Askim! (what's his name?)

Mari

Filed: Timeline

Thanks Mari!! My loves name is Tolga :) My very handsome fiancee. I appreciate the warm welcome. I know French well, a little Polish. I work for a Chinese company where I was asked to record a video in Chinese. But Turkish, wow it's hard. Lol. When I'm in Turkey I pick thongs up and even understand some. My problem is I have no one here to practice with me. I'm hoping when Tolga gets here he can help me. We've been focusing on him learning English to prepare him for his interview and life here. He's come a long way from our first chat though. Now we can talk freely. Makes me smile big :)))

~ Sabrina

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

KAri

You are so funny...I am here smiling......So whats new? lol

Our Petition arrived in Ankara this morning! Super happy about that! Have you gotten your date?

I do have one question did you have to schedule your interview date? I see in some countries the petitioner has to call and schedule after the Fee has been paid. Is this the case for Turkey? Ready to get this moving! We are HOPING for a August date sometime...We have set our wedding date at September 17th! Glad you are well!!!! Sassy!

Timeline

Morning Sabrina!

I have to agree any of the translators (esp. GOOGLE translate) really are lame! One thing that I did was in order to speak with K's mom & baba was to actually speak every weekend with them on the fone. It forced me to learn; kinda what happens to a foreign national when they come here and do not speak much English... they just learn by being in the environment as best they can. I'm still not fluent and writing in Turkish is very hard for me because of how the sentence structures are. Very opposit of English! K's got a pretty good command of English because of his work on US Military Bases. I can assure you he has probably learned "American slang" too... :whistle: which means I have made it a point that I also learn Turkish slang and I'm doing quiet well with it! LOL LOL LOL Let me say their words can be quite descriptive when used on certain context. :D

So Sabrina, I can't wait for you to meet all the AmeriTurk Girls here!!! (Tuana, Kelly, Ashley, Maribel, Me, and Nihal if she can get out of honeymoon state this year; more and too many to list) --- really fun and friendly--- but no worries if we don't answer right away bc of our schedules!

Love to you and your Askim! (what's his name?)

Mari

Hi all,

Sabrina, welcome. You and I have chatted a few times but in any event this is Tuana. Yes, a lot of learning to do to help our men get acclimated and to help us as well. My Turkish, or lack there of still existst heavily. However, I have been using this program I found online called Byki 4 Express and it has been pretty useful. I can say about 30 Turkish words but that is about it. However, I hope that once my fiance gets here he will teach me more. On our first trip home (Turkey) together, I hope to be able to have some meaningful conversations with the family. So far it has been merhaba(hello) and nasilsin (how are you) and then that is about it. However, I love Turkey, can't wait to have more opportunities to go there with my fiance and bring our families together. I hope that within the year, my mother will join my fiance and I on a trip back to Turkey. I think she would really like it there. Anyway, it is great to meet you, this really is a wonderful site and all of us girls have really enjoyed eachother's company (sorry girls I am speaking for all of us here, I know) but they have been such a great source of friendship and support throughout this process. Take care and if you need anything please always feel free to get in touch with me!

event.png

Tuana and Kemal's Visa Journey

2010.07.10 We met

2010.10.28 First visit to meet in person

2010.10.31 We became engaged

2011.01.12 Second Visit with my Husband

2011.04.18 Third Visit with my Husband

2011.08.19 Married in Gaziantep Turkey, 4th Visit

2011.10.21 Visited with my Husband, 5th Visit

2011.11.22 SENT IN I-130 Application

2011.12.01 NOA1 Received

2012.02.16 Visited my Husband, 6th Visit

2012.05.08 NOA2 Received

2012.05.21 NVC Received

2012.07.02 Per NVC documents approved, waiting on interview date to be scheduled

2012.08.10 Visited my husband in Turkey, 7th Visit

2012.12.04 Visa Approved

Timeline

KAri

Our Petition arrived in Ankara this morning! Super happy about that! Have you gotten your date?

I do have one question did you have to schedule your interview date? I see in some countries the petitioner has to call and schedule after the Fee has been paid. Is this the case for Turkey? Ready to get this moving! We are HOPING for a August date sometime...We have set our wedding date at September 17th! Glad you are well!!!! Sassy!

Hi there, no, once you send in your packet # 3, they will send you an e-mail and inform you of the interview date. However, someone showed me this link on the Ankara Embassy website and you can go in and look up your ANK# to check regularly if you have been scheduled for interview. They got our package on the 14th and still we have not heard anything about the interview date. OMG this waiting is killing me. I hate this.!!!!

event.png

2010.07.10 We met

2011.12.01 NOA1 Received

2012.05.08 NOA2 Received

2012.05.21 NVC Received

2012.07.02 Per NVC documents approved, waiting on interview date to be scheduled

2012.12.04 Visa Approved

Timeline

KAri

Here is that link. When you open the web page, do a Ctrl+F and then type in your ANK # and then you can see if you have been scheduled for interview

http://www.usemb-ankara.org.tr/consular/english/schedule_iv.html

event.png

2010.07.10 We met

2011.12.01 NOA1 Received

2012.05.08 NOA2 Received

2012.05.21 NVC Received

2012.12.04 Visa Approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Here is that link. When you open the web page, do a Ctrl+F and then type in your ANK # and then you can see if you have been scheduled for interview

http://www.usemb-ankara.org.tr/consular/english/schedule_iv.html

Thank you Tuana!!!its coming!! the wait is almost over!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.