A and T

Are the mods racist?

62 posts in this topic

Why is it, when someone makes negative comments , or say horrible things , nothing happens to them. But when someone points out that they are not being polite and its not welcome , the mods instead, will defend the poster of the inflammatory, or hateful material

Just today, a user under the name "boing" , under a post about a hotel that caught fire in the philippines where 15 people died. He decides to post pictures of a person on fire in the thread. Several people reported it, including myself, I called the guy an idiot of course and was just waiting for him to be banned. But guess what?

Instead I was told I would be banned, and his posts were fine, they just had him edit his posts

How can VJ support the death of 15 people that burned alive in a hotel? How can a mod allow people to post and say such things while doing nothing to them, and trying to punish those that have a problem with it?

Here is the thread in question http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/287506-philippines-fire-kills-15-many-nursing-students/ , his statements have been edited since the original issue

I've been on the internet for a very long time and this has been one of the most racist places I have ever been online. And its not just this single issue, its many things . One guy was saying things like " When I tell my wife to do something she will do it, or I will make her" and "if she doesnt I will send her back to the jungle"

Really?? That type of talk of tolerated here? Its as if people are not even people, VJ mods allow people to down on others like dogs why is that? Is it a money thing here? If you pay you can say and do what you want no matter how bad it is?

I see people being attacked and the mods do nothing to help the person being attacked, but when someone posts hateful comments, the mods defend it . Why is that?

Once my immigration is done I plan to leave the site and not recommended that anyone else join, sad too, it has a few good members that aren't like this but the rest are very bad

Edited by Adam and Thet

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Filed: Timeline

VJ mods tolerate racist content to a degree that far exceeds moderators of most other forums I have participated on. Why? I don't know.

As for your top line question about whether the mods are racist - no one can look into their hearts and answer with any degree of precision but based on what little we know about them, I believe some are but most are not.

Edited by \

Ha! on top of that here is the person that was posted images of people in fire, in the thread about people being burned alive and dieing, but yet here he talks about wanting to be held to a higher standard and "courteous behavior" I don't think images of people on fire in a thread about people that died in fire meets those standards, do you?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/285459-organizers-and-mods-who-abuse-the-system/page__view__findpost__p__4329312

I've seen plenty of users with racist or inflamatory stuff in their signatures , often its rebel flags and other bad content. They should ban that altogether

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!

atckcgod5n.png

Also Charles commented in the same thread condemning the post made by boing, Clearly everyone in the thread had a problem with the images that were posted

http://www.visajourn...ost__p__4360215

Now user Boing is harassing me, I want something done about it.

Here is a screen shot of my inbox, and I have already clicked "report" nothing is being done

Boing harassing me ---- > http://i.imgur.com/seaTV.png

Edited by Adam and Thet

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!

atckcgod5n.png

THAT is not harassment. Grow a thicker skin.

Un-wanted messages are harassment

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!

atckcgod5n.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

i have dealt with this first handed.some nasty ####### chose to call me a camel jocky,a ho,an old hag who has to look for love,told me that he hopes iraq burn in hell ( im iranian,fun fact ) and all mods did was deleting his comments.

but lets be honest,this is an immigration website,everything else is just a bonus.yes the mods and moderation system sucks,but there is nothing to moderate when people stick to the original topic and purpose of this website.thats what i found out

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

VJ mods tolerate racist content to a degree that far exceeds moderators of most other forums I have participated on. Why? I don't know.

Moderation on this site is entirely capricious.

Edited by scandal

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I would defend the moderation as I have over the past year or two, but after today I have to agree with you.

Sorry, I don't really mean this. I'm ill today and I lack patience. The moderators do the best they can with what they have.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Mods here do a pretty good job. There are many people from all walks of life and cultures and to try to moderate this place is hard.good.gif

Even your brand of ignorance of the law it would seem.

Let it be known that this is not a personal attack but a fact shown through your posts.

Sorry, I don't really mean this. I'm ill today and I lack patience. The moderators do the best they can with what they have.

So you are not to be held responsible for your actions? Sousk, you can't expect us to put up with this excuse again, can we? What would Mox think?

irresponsibility.jpg

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif