Don&Julie

December Filers

2,635 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Called NVC today and spoke to a real person. I called last week and a real person said our case had arrived the day before (May 18) and received the NVC number LNDxxxxxxx. I have called umpteen billion times the automated number, and to this day "no record" our USCIS or NVC numbers. Finally called to speak to a real person again today....and found out our case was sent to the Embassy May 19, the day after it was received. Called the automated portion again to check.....it still says "no record" of either of our receipt/case numbers!! So lesson learned - speak to a real person. Of course I've seen other posts here where you *did* speak to someone who told you one thing....then you receive an email or usps letter saying different. I personally think it's all completely FUBAR. Anyway, based on DHL tracking, London consulate signed for our case yesterday, May 23. So hopefully Byron will receive the Packet 3 soon. He already has everything ready to go, including a medical booked June 8. Fingers crossed, for ALL of you as well as us....

BIG-SMOOOCH to all my Decemberite friends!!

Dizzy, when I saw your post....my heart dropped. Been thinking about how crazy...absolutely flippin' crazy...I would be if that happened to me. I am so sorry....and I am keeping my fingers crossed for you...(and the rest of you waiting as well!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

@Mari: "I was so stressed, first I bit him... then I told him, "you better hurry up because next interview is in December and I'll go marry an Italian".... and the fone went beeeeeeeeeeeeep.... signal over. "

Well I had to laugh at that, because once I joked to Byron that after all this....my second husband will be American. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: He didn't find that as amusing as me... :hehe:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Called NVC today and spoke to a real person. I called last week and a real person said our case had arrived the day before (May 18) and received the NVC number LNDxxxxxxx. I have called umpteen billion times the automated number, and to this day "no record" our USCIS or NVC numbers. Finally called to speak to a real person again today....and found out our case was sent to the Embassy May 19, the day after it was received. Called the automated portion again to check.....it still says "no record" of either of our receipt/case numbers!! So lesson learned - speak to a real person. Of course I've seen other posts here where you *did* speak to someone who told you one thing....then you receive an email or usps letter saying different. I personally think it's all completely FUBAR. Anyway, based on DHL tracking, London consulate signed for our case yesterday, May 23. So hopefully Byron will receive the Packet 3 soon. He already has everything ready to go, including a medical booked June 8. Fingers crossed, for ALL of you as well as us....

Dizzy, when I saw your post....my heart dropped. Been thinking about how crazy...absolutely flippin' crazy...I would be if that happened to me. I am so sorry....and I am keeping my fingers crossed for you...(and the rest of you waiting as well!)

Yes, FUBAR, good description!! :wacko:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Medical booked in Toronto for August 2nd; Interview in Montreal on August 23...there is a light at the end of the tunnel! Oh...I need to add, I'm stressing that Montreal will send me my passport/visa within 10 days...hopefully less. I am going to be one stressed out bride...good thing everything is under control lol.

Edited by Lise + Michael

Love Changes Everything

N-400 Process

May 29, 2016 paperwork sent in

June 3, 2016 check cashed! Text message received.

June 2, NOA

June 22, Biometrics

March 3 In Line for Interview

ROC Process

May 8, 2014 paperwork in hands of USCIS,California Service Center!

May 14, 2014 check cashed

June 2, 2014 Biometrics waived

July 16, 2014 10 yr greencard in hand!

AOS Process
September 29, 2011 AOS in hands of USCIS
July 9, 2012 WELCOME TO AMERICA letter!
July 11, 2012 Conditional GreenCard in hand!

K-1 Process
December 18, 2010 Our K-1 package arrived at Homeland Security
August 23, 2011 Approved
September 8, 2011 POE at Grand Portage, MN Border
September 11, 2011 Married!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Post containing personal attack has been removed. Please do not post erroneous material nor try to interfere in another poster's visa journey. Any further activity like this will lead to administrative action.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

OK.. Mari asked and to everyone else, Sonoko has made it to the USA and is settling down (She says HELLO!)

I'm glad to see the list is almost all pink and those who haven't been approved yet, I hope it happens SOON!!!

Mari... I hope K gets out of there soon, but if he is waiting for a flight out, being a third country national he will be low on the priority list for a seat. But you have been patient and that will pay off!

Congrats to all those who have recently gotten approvals.

Well back to making invitations... oh get this! I had some great invites printed up with English and Japanese, and it was a PAIN IN THE BUTT to get the Japanese on them. I had to get the text, make it into an image file, and upload it. Well online, they looked GREAT, and upon receiving them they still looked good but not as good as expected or as it looked like it did online. But great thing is the place I got them is totally cool and is letting me re-design, keep the old ones, and refunding the money back!

So far things are going well and time to start more wedding planning!! Oh, and the AOS... I'll admit I haven't even looked at that yet. blah!

-Shawn

April 2007 - Met Sonoko in Okinawa Japan

June 2010 - I left Okinawa, relationship continued

November 12, 2010 - Wedding proposal on Sonoko's visit to USA!

December 10, 2010 - I129F sent

December 23, 2010 - NOA1

March 22, 2011 - NOA2

March 25, 2011 - NVC receives petition

March 29, 2011 - NVC sends petition to Naha, Okinawa Consulate

April 8, 2011 - Packet 3 Instructions received

April 25, 2011 - Interview (PASSED!!)

May 9, 2011 - VISA received

May 18, 2011 - Arrived to the USA

Aug 16, 2011 - AOS Sent

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi Guys,

Hope all is well with you all!

Update from myself: Dublin received my petition yesterday! I have my medical next week on Tuesday. I called the embassy yesterday just to check in, and to my big disappointment they are swamped all of June pretty much already.. I was hoping to get an early date so I could celebrate July 4th! I am still hoping for it though.. Just waiting on package 3 to arrive so i can send off what they require. I already have everything ready, all i need is the check list to fill in and I'm sending it off the same day.

I just want a date so I can start preparing, if it's a month left then I have loads of time to get ready and get sorted out. Although since I am not from Ireland originally I don't really have a lot of stuff here to prepare anyway =D but still!

Hope all is well with the rest! I think we should start to add in some dates here now since most people got their NoA 2's

Update on everyone perhaps?? =)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I've got my medical this Friday, but reading other threads in the UK section here, the London embassy is also swamped, with a 6-week backlog of logging Packet 3s, so I doubt I'll be receiving an interview date before the end of June sad.gif

Luckily, for us, the plan has always been for me to make the move at the back end of August for a September wedding, so I'm not under quite as much pressure as people who want to mover earlier - yet!

Ben

10/23/2009 - Met on eHarmony

09/20/2010 - Got engaged at the top of the London Eye 🙂

11/24/2010 - I-129F sent to Texas dropbox

11/29/2010 - I-129F received by CSC

03/21/2011 - Touched!

04/18/2011 - NOA2 approved by CSC 4 months 3 weeks after NOA1

07/18/2011 - Interview - APPROVED!!

09/20/2011 - Married!

10/11/2011 - AOS package mailed to Chicago lockbox

10/18/2011 - AOS package routed to National Benefits Center for processing

10/19/2011 - I-765 EAD noted on USCIS site

10/22/2011 - I-797C for AOS and EAD received

11/08/2011 - AOS file transferred to CSC

11/10/2011 - Biometrics appointment in SLC

12/12/2011 - Green card received dated 11/23/11

09/20/2013 - I-751 sent to CSC

09/23/2013 - I-751 received at CSC - NOA1

10/18/2013 - Biometrics appointment in SLC

08/29/2020 - N400 Application submitted online

08/29/2020 - N400 fee taken

01/20/2021 - Biometrics re-use notification

04/14/2021 - Interview scheduled notification

05/11/2021 - Interview!

05/11/2021 - N-400 Recommended for Naturalization!

06/02/2021 - Naturalization oath ceremony!

i'm definitely expecting Mr. Loxy sometime in mid - late july

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Timeline

Ahh...Shawn's post brought a smile to my face, our first December family member who has made their POE!

Sending warm wishes for smooth wedding planning. Make sure to check our AOS thread which Dizzy was kind

of enough to start.

Lise

Edited by Lise + Michael

Love Changes Everything

N-400 Process

June 2, NOA

June 22, Biometrics

ROC Process

AOS Process

K-1 Process
August 23, 2011 Approved

Timeline

I've got my medical this Friday, but reading other threads in the UK section here, the London embassy is also swamped, with a 6-week backlog of logging Packet 3s, so I doubt I'll be receiving an interview date before the end of June sad.gif

Luckily, for us, the plan has always been for me to make the move at the back end of August for a September wedding, so I'm not under quite as much pressure as people who want to mover earlier - yet!

Mid June is just around the corner! The next available appointment is August 30th!!!! I am very happy to have a August 23rd appointment, even with that I am cutting it close to have my passport/visa returned to make my Sept. 11 wedding! Good thing I have good friends helping me State side in wedding preparations!

Lise

Love Changes Everything

N-400 Process

June 2, NOA

June 22, Biometrics

ROC Process

AOS Process

K-1 Process
August 23, 2011 Approved

thank GOD THEY HAVE OUR CASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so scared, you guys!! Just got our case number for the embassy!

---

---

OK.. Mari asked and to everyone else, Sonoko has made it to the USA and is settling down (She says HELLO!)

I'm glad to see the list is almost all pink and those who haven't been approved yet, I hope it happens SOON!!!

Mari... I hope K gets out of there soon, but if he is waiting for a flight out, being a third country national he will be low on the priority list for a seat. But you have been patient and that will pay off!

Congrats to all those who have recently gotten approvals.

Well back to making invitations... oh get this! I had some great invites printed up with English and Japanese, and it was a PAIN IN THE BUTT to get the Japanese on them. I had to get the text, make it into an image file, and upload it. Well online, they looked GREAT, and upon receiving them they still looked good but not as good as expected or as it looked like it did online. But great thing is the place I got them is totally cool and is letting me re-design, keep the old ones, and refunding the money back!

So far things are going well and time to start more wedding planning!! Oh, and the AOS... I'll admit I haven't even looked at that yet. blah!

-Shawn

Aww wYAYAYAY!!! finally a POE. Blessings to you!!!

Definitely check out the AOS thread we will all be with you soon. I posted some good info links there:

DECEMBERITE AOS FORUM

---

---

So after crying at my desk I decided to call NVC just in case. I got exactly the same thing you did. automated system = not as awesome as a live person, apparently. Our case was logged 2 days ago!!

---

---

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.