Don&Julie

December Filers

2,635 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Look up your embassy for embassy-specific rules. Some embassies want you to bring the information with you. My particular embassy wants you to deliver it to VFS no more than 30 and no fewer than 7 days prior to the interview so the CO has time to review it first. I've even read several reviews of various embassies where the CO refused to look at and consider any evidence not deposited prior to the interview.

I guess since they only have 10-15 mins they're not interested in a whole lot of stuff pushed under the window at the last minute. Except for the DS documents, birth certificate and police report, Ankara wants copies of the evidence sent prior, and for him to bring originals with him at interview. Thing is, they typically do not look at the originals but good to have in case they ask for it.

I have to work late tonight and I need a nap!

zzzzzzzzzzzz going to take a catnap.

Mari

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

You think is it time for me to write to senators/congressman ? I am not really sure if that helps..I will reach 5 months and 2 week on 05/17 since our first NOA and getting really frustrated..I called USCIS and they just gave me a service request #... :crying::huh:

....im in the same boat...we filled around the same time...we rand the USCIS...and didnt even get a service request # ????? ARGHHHHHHH

:(

what do we do?

You think is it time for me to write to senators/congressman ? I am not really sure if that helps..I will reach 5 months and 2 week on 05/17 since our first NOA and getting really frustrated..I called USCIS and they just gave me a service request #... :crying::huh:

Hey there. I'm right there with you. I have called a few times but I haven't even received a service request number. They basically just told me to wait and then they told me I could email VSC. That has done absolutely nothing for me. Hopefully, we will hear something very soon!

Be Sober, Be Vigilant!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just figured I'd upload this so that you can see that you aren't alone. There are still folks that are waiting on CSC that are waiting, too.

I know this must be so hard for those of you still waiting. Ju ju for you!!!

CSC Alt view:

2cf8lzd.png

CSC:

2zp77r5.png

VSC: Alt View

2u8dirn.png

VSC:

2na65qh.png

We Appreciate the Updates and you taking your time to do this. I'm pretty sure that they found out about me a Bill Clinton Smoking Pot but since we never Inhaled were going to be OK. And as far as Monica's dress. Bill did that! :rofl:

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

We Appreciate the Updates and you taking your time to do this. I'm pretty sure that they found out about me a Bill Clinton Smoking Pot but since we never Inhaled were going to be OK. And as far as Monica's dress. Bill did that! :rofl:

Personally, I'm a big fan of dry cleaning.

If GW was still in office, you could have inhaled anything you wanted and you still couldn't touch him :rofl: :rofl:

You're cracking me up tonight!

Bec & Dipu

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent : 2010-11-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-12-01

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-04-21

NVC Received : 2011-04-27

NVC Left : 2011-05-05

Embassy Rcvd : 2011-05-08

Pack 3 Rcvd : 2011-05-11

Pack 3 Sent : 2011-06-23

Pack 4 Rcvd : 2011-07-08

Interview : 2011-08-03

Visa Received : 2011-11-09

POE : 2012-01-13

Marriage : 2012-01-21

AOS/EAD Sent : 2012-02-13

NOA1 : 2012-02-22

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Guys my girl has just broke it off. She said that she can't do the waiting anylonger. How many of you have dealt with this and made it through it?

I'm a bit late on this one, but yeah let the process run through its course! This is a very stressful thing but you need to keep talking to your girl and let her know how much you love and care for her. Also remind her how this time waiting for the visa is insignificant compared to a lifetime of being together, a lifetime of hugs and kisses, and 18 years of hell raising some children! :P

On the other hand, if she can't wait, then that might be a sign from something higher out there looking after your ultimate well being. Things happen in life for a reason, but it is up to us to figure out the good things and build off them to keep happy!

Keep us all updated on what happens and I wish the best for you and your girl!

-Shawn

YIPPEE!!! LOL I'm just going crazy now!!!

Kadir just called from base and he is leaving back to Adana (home) by SUNDAY this weekend!!!! yes yes yes !!! He said, he knew I needed help (that wasn't a cry for help, it was PMS.... ha ha :whistle: ) on the papers for Embassy! I'm finished now so all he has to do is add a few things, sign and send!

I'm thrilled and super busy this weekend but now I can't focus!

Mari is giddy today :P

IT IS ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!

Make sure he doesn't go back and get his butt over here and start warming that slippah up!

You can focus... you do it every single day on here as our forum mother. Time to take care of that business and kick things into high gear now! The clock is almost counted to the end.

YAY!!

-Shawn

April 2007 - Met Sonoko in Okinawa Japan

June 2010 - I left Okinawa, relationship continued

November 12, 2010 - Wedding proposal on Sonoko's visit to USA!

December 10, 2010 - I129F sent

December 23, 2010 - NOA1

March 22, 2011 - NOA2

March 25, 2011 - NVC receives petition

March 29, 2011 - NVC sends petition to Naha, Okinawa Consulate

April 8, 2011 - Packet 3 Instructions received

April 25, 2011 - Interview (PASSED!!)

May 9, 2011 - VISA received

May 18, 2011 - Arrived to the USA

Aug 16, 2011 - AOS Sent

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Yes you do have to show proof of ongoing relationship; that is secondary to the engagement proof.

Remember, you're petitioning a "Fiance Visa".... *think of it like this: Just because you chat daily and have phone calls doesn't prove an engagement. That only proves you communicate well and have a relationship. Heck, for all they know, you two could be co-workers, or bf/gf, distant family, who knows. None of that proves engagement.

What about engagement annoucements???? I didn't do that, but now I'm thinking about it!

Pics [with your engagement rings on --- USC males do not typically wear them but men of other countries do] if you have those are good and receipts, time spent together, and intention on wedding plans in a sworn statement by you, the petitioner. A new affidavit is not required this time but if your file lacks in primary, it's a definite helper. If you do send a Reaffirmation of Intent to Marry, send in original only and refer this intent to your original intent to marry dated on the day you signed the first one (doesn't matter what colour ink you sign but I sign in blue).

They do not want to see a thousand email love letters btw... show 'em the print screen of the archives instead. This is less paper and they can breeze through it vs. reading 3 kilos of mushy stuff they could care less about.

Think outside the box on this file... and READ READ READ what others in your portal have said about your Embassy CO's! Stick to the Beneficary's customs and traditions.

Good Luck,

Mari

PS: Are you or your Bene filling out the form Packet 3 forms? If her English is not up to par, then I highly recommend you download them, and fill out the important stuff like the DS forms and the I-134 proofs. Secondary stuff means nothing if your Official Docs are screwed up in the beginning. Tripple check everything over and over. BE SURE, not lax on this.

I just want to add to my part of what we provided as evidence for the interview. We did pictures and copies of boarding passes to show that we have a relationship. To prove the engagement, well she had her ring on for one, and then we simply provided letters of intent (just like from the petition). That seemed to make the Consulate happy there in Japan. I know each one is a bit different but a signed and dated letter should be good. To make it even more official, you can have a witness sign the letter or make a statement for you.

No need to stress, so far what I have heard from most of the interviews lately are that they have been easier than expected. Well, what do you expect when we have such a great support group like this, and all our stuff is in order!

HA!

-Shawn

April 2007 - Met Sonoko in Okinawa Japan

June 2010 - I left Okinawa, relationship continued

November 12, 2010 - Wedding proposal on Sonoko's visit to USA!

December 10, 2010 - I129F sent

December 23, 2010 - NOA1

March 22, 2011 - NOA2

March 25, 2011 - NVC receives petition

March 29, 2011 - NVC sends petition to Naha, Okinawa Consulate

April 8, 2011 - Packet 3 Instructions received

April 25, 2011 - Interview (PASSED!!)

May 9, 2011 - VISA received

May 18, 2011 - Arrived to the USA

Aug 16, 2011 - AOS Sent

Timeline

put a little video together of my man and me....i hate being away from him :( .... hehehehe hope you like

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150251600843413

Edited by kiria&daniel

Timeline

put a little video together of my man and me....i hate being away from him :( .... hehehehe hope you like

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150251600843413

sorry tried to delete this post as it didnt work but then it wouldnt let me delete it...boo

well anyway

everyone needs to listen to the song 'jet lag' by simple plan....i have decided its mine and daniels song...aswell as anyone who is going though this visa process!!!!!

my heart heart, heart is so jet lagged...

hehhee cute and catchy!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Got my packet 3 letter today - very poor, though, looks like they printed it as 'draft' quality, rather than the proper one wacko.gif No logo, very basic print quality and paper, things like that unsure.gif

smugshot4731005-XL.jpg

Ben

10/23/2009 - Met on eHarmony

09/20/2010 - Got engaged at the top of the London Eye 🙂

11/24/2010 - I-129F sent to Texas dropbox

11/29/2010 - I-129F received by CSC

03/21/2011 - Touched!

04/18/2011 - NOA2 approved by CSC 4 months 3 weeks after NOA1

07/18/2011 - Interview - APPROVED!!

09/20/2011 - Married!

10/11/2011 - AOS package mailed to Chicago lockbox

10/18/2011 - AOS package routed to National Benefits Center for processing

10/19/2011 - I-765 EAD noted on USCIS site

10/22/2011 - I-797C for AOS and EAD received

11/08/2011 - AOS file transferred to CSC

11/10/2011 - Biometrics appointment in SLC

12/12/2011 - Green card received dated 11/23/11

09/20/2013 - I-751 sent to CSC

09/23/2013 - I-751 received at CSC - NOA1

10/18/2013 - Biometrics appointment in SLC

08/29/2020 - N400 Application submitted online

08/29/2020 - N400 fee taken

01/20/2021 - Biometrics re-use notification

04/14/2021 - Interview scheduled notification

05/11/2021 - Interview!

05/11/2021 - N-400 Recommended for Naturalization!

06/02/2021 - Naturalization oath ceremony!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am a bundle of nerves getting packet 3 ready, another Canadian beneficary helped me through the process today, here is her helpful link...remember this is for MONTREAL ONLY.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/305085-montreal-process-recap/

I have already registered for my DHL location and we paid our fee.

I am photocopying my package and putting it in express mail on Monday.

I hope to be able to book my appt within a week or so!

Lise

Love Changes Everything

N-400 Process

May 29, 2016 paperwork sent in

June 3, 2016 check cashed! Text message received.

June 2, NOA

June 22, Biometrics

March 3 In Line for Interview

ROC Process

May 8, 2014 paperwork in hands of USCIS,California Service Center!

May 14, 2014 check cashed

June 2, 2014 Biometrics waived

July 16, 2014 10 yr greencard in hand!

AOS Process
September 29, 2011 AOS in hands of USCIS
July 9, 2012 WELCOME TO AMERICA letter!
July 11, 2012 Conditional GreenCard in hand!

K-1 Process
December 18, 2010 Our K-1 package arrived at Homeland Security
August 23, 2011 Approved
September 8, 2011 POE at Grand Portage, MN Border
September 11, 2011 Married!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Lise thank you for the link!! Have you gotten anything in the mail yet? (packet 3 stuff, whatever) or did you call NVC for your number and thats that? Also, have you thought about electronic filing for Montreal? With the way mail goes in Canada I'm thinking I might do it that way.

Last night Blake and I were outside talking and I realized that in SIX MONTHS from now I will be living in Atlanta with him, a married lady! (I have to stay in Canada until around mid-October because of other government stuff I'm going through) How unbelievable that this long-distance part of our journey is almost over! I am brimming with excitement and possibilities today.

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Lise thank you for the link!! Have you gotten anything in the mail yet? (packet 3 stuff, whatever) or did you call NVC for your number and thats that? Also, have you thought about electronic filing for Montreal? With the way mail goes in Canada I'm thinking I might do it that way.

Last night Blake and I were outside talking and I realized that in SIX MONTHS from now I will be living in Atlanta with him, a married lady! (I have to stay in Canada until around mid-October because of other government stuff I'm going through) How unbelievable that this long-distance part of our journey is almost over! I am brimming with excitement and possibilities today.

Christine, I knew that the petiton had been sent to the visa centre, I called DoS 1-202-663-1225; press 1; press 0 and waited @5 minutes for a live person. I confirmed my MTL case number that was on Michael's letter. I went on that link I posted earlier and Laura guided me through what has to be sent to Montreal (she has her interview booked). She sent her stuff in and booked her appt. before receiving a hard copy of packet 3 saving a week on the process. I electronically filed my DS-160 and have the confirmation page, I also registered with DHL. I mail regularly with Canada Post using express post (have 2 children & grandchild in BC), and have never had any problems. If I decide to use Canada Post tomorrow I will express post it to have the tracking number.So, I have packet 3 ready to go...and have lots of butterflies!!! I too am 'brimming with excitement....will be glad to have this part of the process done! At least for me Michael & my September wedding is still looking very possible. Lots of prayers and positive thinking (the positive thinking is difficult at times!)I will check my mailbox tomorrow before going to the post office...packet 3 was mailed May 5th.

Have a great day!

Lise

Love Changes Everything

N-400 Process

May 29, 2016 paperwork sent in

June 3, 2016 check cashed! Text message received.

June 2, NOA

June 22, Biometrics

March 3 In Line for Interview

ROC Process

May 8, 2014 paperwork in hands of USCIS,California Service Center!

May 14, 2014 check cashed

June 2, 2014 Biometrics waived

July 16, 2014 10 yr greencard in hand!

AOS Process
September 29, 2011 AOS in hands of USCIS
July 9, 2012 WELCOME TO AMERICA letter!
July 11, 2012 Conditional GreenCard in hand!

K-1 Process
December 18, 2010 Our K-1 package arrived at Homeland Security
August 23, 2011 Approved
September 8, 2011 POE at Grand Portage, MN Border
September 11, 2011 Married!!!

Just got my baby all ready with his Packet 3. We ran through everything yesterday! Weeeeeee!

Got my packet 3 letter today - very poor, though, looks like they printed it as 'draft' quality, rather than the proper one wacko.gif No logo, very basic print quality and paper, things like that unsure.gif

smugshot4731005-XL.jpg

Thanks for posting this!!!!

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

I'm so tired of waiting :( They seem to be approving mid January filers now and have completley over looked us. I'm missing my Fiance so much it hurts

12/27/2010- I-129F Sent

01/04/2011-Email NOA1 recieved

01/05/2011 - Touched

01/08/2011-NOA1 Hard copy

05/17/2011- NOA2

05/24/2011- NOA2 Hard copy

05/25/2011- Consulate received case

06/11/2011- Packet 3 received

06/30/2011- Medical

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.