Don&Julie

December Filers

2,635 posts in this topic

Just figured I'd upload this so that you can see that you aren't alone. There are still folks that are waiting on CSC that are waiting, too.

I know this must be so hard for those of you still waiting. Ju ju for you!!!

CSC Alt view:

2cf8lzd.png

CSC:

2zp77r5.png

VSC: Alt View

2u8dirn.png

VSC:

2na65qh.png

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Ok here's some Mari "juju" and it's mixed in with a little of that Jamila "ju ju" .... that's enough rub rub for you! Too much, and the USCIS may fall in love with your file, and never "fondle" it properly so it's sent off to the NVC!

left-hand-good-juju.png

Anyday now.... and how come it took you so long to show up on this Decemberite Thread ? :bonk:

Mari!

:rofl: thank you for kindness...I really hope that it will work :) .

I was around but just like a newbie was keeping a low profile...Bec & Dipu told me about this thread... :thumbs: to all the members here...

My guess is that those of you with NOA1 dates around 12/27 may be in a box full of January filers. So as the january filers are getting approved yours will most likely be in there with them!

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Timeline

I thought that I'm alone with this terrible feeling of disappointment that once again it is not my day on the NOA2. Every morning I wake up with optimism and confidence that it will be today, but after a few hours, I feel disappointed. But I know that we cant give up!!!

you got that right...we cant't give up....and hopefully will get the GOOD news pretty soon.. :yes:

Timeline

Just figured I'd upload this so that you can see that you aren't alone. There are still folks that are waiting on CSC that are waiting, too.

VSC: Alt View

2u8dirn.png

VSC:

2na65qh.png

How can I have my timeline added to this list ? :help:

Timeline

You think is it time for me to write to senators/congressman ? I am not really sure if that helps..I will reach 5 months and 2 week on 05/17 since our first NOA and getting really frustrated..I called USCIS and they just gave me a service request #... :crying::huh:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

We use Yahoo messenger for our conversations. My intention for those are to submit a screenshot of the archive directory. Then also print out some of the conversations, but keep them seperate and take to the interview. If they ask for more information we will present it then. Also if you are concerned about evidence you can create some by sending text messages or phone calls then submit a copy of your bill with the international charges. Send some money via western union, even if it is not a large amount it is still evidence.

In the original Petition they looked for Primary Evidence we met the Beneficiary within 2 years of the filing.

With the NOA2, they want primary evidence of Engagement (since this is a petition for Fiance Visa). All other evidence of relationship is only supporting documentation, or secondary.

So since K and I are super limited with "ongoing stuff"... I just did this:

Primary Evidence of Engagement:

1. Engagement Ring Receipts (with a nice colour pic of our jewler with them too!)

2. Pics of our actual engagement ceremony (Turkish, yanno?!)

3. PIcs of his family and us at engagement ceremony

3. Letters // Cards of congratulations from my American friends and my family (and no they're not notarized because think about it... do you notarize a birthday card, or a wedding card?)

4. Save the Date copy of our "intended wedding date"

5. My Reaffirmation of Intent to Marry my Fiance with only my signature & dated May 10,2011; As Bec says, "him showing up at the interview is proof enough he has same intention." True.

*** I was very careful not to include too much about wedding plans as they "warn us" not to make life changing plans, etc," ***

But I would have loved to throw in a picture of my wedding gown! lol lol

Secondary Evidence / Supporting documents for ongoing relationship:

1. Calling Card Receipts with Proof of ownership of Account from Company & Verfication stating the Number I called was K's

2. He will have to add all the cards/ letters I sent over to him (his parents home) while he was on base.

3. Colour copies of my fone with important holiday text messages (which he never got btw, but I did send them... ) I have one from him on Valentine's!

That's all we have. But if we were lucky enough to visit one another, of course then all boarding passes and passport stamps, etc.

Anything that has to do with internet we didn't have it since he's been away. Basically, we have what we have.

Mari

Edited by Mari & Kadir

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Timeline

NOA 2: Packet 3 notes

• The I-134: Requests us to give them duplicate copies of this form and also supporting documents. *The instructions the Embassy sent us did not say this, but the actual I-134 instructions do.
  • DS 156: P.1, Question #22: When do you intend to Arrive in the US? (provide specific date if known).

I wrote, See Addendum: "Tentatively we have discussed the months of June or July 2011. We do not have absolute plans as we did not want to assume the outcome of the interview."

• DS 156: Submit 2 copies in duplicate
  • DS 156K: Embassy download instructions only say 1 copy. However, if you read this forms instructions, it says that it goes with the DS 156 form. So if two forms of DS 156, then 2 forms of the DS 156K to complete each set.
    If anyone else has noticed stuff like this, please please please make notes of it here and let us know.

Thanks,

Mari

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Evidence I've sent Dipu to deliver to the embassy prior to his interview:

1) Photos of our meetings.

2) Boarding passes and a timeline indicating when we've spent time together physically (about 110 days over the past year).

3) Skype/Google Video Chat logs.

4) Screen prints showing daily IM chats between us and a few sample chats.

5) Screen prints of my email boxes showing sent and received emails between us and a few sample emails.

6) Emails between Dipu and my mom and Dipu and my sister.

7) Copies of letters or notes to each other.

8) Several months of phone bills and calling card logs with a letter explaining how to reconcile the incoming and outgoing calls because we use a calling card.

9) "Save the Season" card.

10) Notarized letters of support from my parents, my grandparents (who met Dipu) and a good friend who went on several double dates with us.

11) Renewed and notarized letter of intent stating that I still intend to marry Dipu.

12) An outline of our wedding plans (date, location, officiant, reception plans, wedding guests and their relationship to us and their phone numbers), honeymoon plans, post-wedding plans. I prepared this statement because in India it is customary to have a formal engagement party. There have been a lot of Indian embassy reviews in which the CO demanded proof of the engagement party and asked for a list of wedding guests to call them. I prepared this letter to put to rest the situation before it becomes an issue.

As I told Mari, I only included new information. I also front-loaded my initial petition with emails, phone logs, Skype logs, chat logs, letters, pictures and proof of meeting. I have only included information occurring after our original petition to show a "continued" relationship.

I CAN'T SAY THIS ENOUGH: read your embassy reviews! There are a lot of pain in the @$$ embassies out there asking for ridiculous things, New Delhi being one of them. If you don't show up armed and ready, you will go into AP. You've waited long enough, don't do anything to encourage them to make you wait more. Read all of the reasons over the past year or two that put people into AP and try to counteract those issues with your evidence. No excuses!!! I don't want to read any posts about people going into AP because they didn't know they would need a certain type of evidence or Mari will hit you with her shoe!!! :rofl:

Good luck...may the force be with you!

Bec & Dipu

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent : 2010-11-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-12-01

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-04-21

NVC Received : 2011-04-27

NVC Left : 2011-05-05

Embassy Rcvd : 2011-05-08

Pack 3 Rcvd : 2011-05-11

Pack 3 Sent : 2011-06-23

Pack 4 Rcvd : 2011-07-08

Interview : 2011-08-03

Visa Received : 2011-11-09

POE : 2012-01-13

Marriage : 2012-01-21

AOS/EAD Sent : 2012-02-13

NOA1 : 2012-02-22

Timeline

YIPPEE!!! LOL I'm just going crazy now!!!

Kadir just called from base and he is leaving back to Adana (home) by SUNDAY this weekend!!!! yes yes yes !!! He said, he knew I needed help (that wasn't a cry for help, it was PMS.... ha ha :whistle: ) on the papers for Embassy! I'm finished now so all he has to do is add a few things, sign and send!

I'm thrilled and super busy this weekend but now I can't focus!

Mari is giddy today :P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

I am confused now. I thought we needed to show proof of ongoing relationship, but since I am going I hope that will be good proof :). I thought the ring receipt can be part of that, and you need to submit a new affidavit of intent to marry as the proof of marriage intention. Also I thought we take our papers to the embassy, not mail them in advance.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Honduras

I-129F Sent : 2010-12-13

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-12-17

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-05-06

Your I-129f was approved in 140 days from your NOA1 date

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

event.png

[/url]

Timeline

I am confused now. I thought we needed to show proof of ongoing relationship, but since I am going I hope that will be good proof :). I thought the ring receipt can be part of that, and you need to submit a new affidavit of intent to marry as the proof of marriage intention. Also I thought we take our papers to the embassy, not mail them in advance.

Yes you do have to show proof of ongoing relationship; that is secondary to the engagement proof.

Remember, you're petitioning a "Fiance Visa".... *think of it like this: Just because you chat daily and have phone calls doesn't prove an engagement. That only proves you communicate well and have a relationship. Heck, for all they know, you two could be co-workers, or bf/gf, distant family, who knows. None of that proves engagement.

What about engagement annoucements???? I didn't do that, but now I'm thinking about it!

Pics [with your engagement rings on --- USC males do not typically wear them but men of other countries do] if you have those are good and receipts, time spent together, and intention on wedding plans in a sworn statement by you, the petitioner. A new affidavit is not required this time but if your file lacks in primary, it's a definite helper. If you do send a Reaffirmation of Intent to Marry, send in original only and refer this intent to your original intent to marry dated on the day you signed the first one (doesn't matter what colour ink you sign but I sign in blue).

They do not want to see a thousand email love letters btw... show 'em the print screen of the archives instead. This is less paper and they can breeze through it vs. reading 3 kilos of mushy stuff they could care less about.

Think outside the box on this file... and READ READ READ what others in your portal have said about your Embassy CO's! Stick to the Beneficary's customs and traditions.

Good Luck,

Mari

PS: Are you or your Bene filling out the form Packet 3 forms? If her English is not up to par, then I highly recommend you download them, and fill out the important stuff like the DS forms and the I-134 proofs. Secondary stuff means nothing if your Official Docs are screwed up in the beginning. Tripple check everything over and over. BE SURE, not lax on this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Carrie, I bet you hit it on the nail for a lot of us, "providing evidence to strangers about your relationship it makes you think 'oooh that's not convincing enough they won't accept that!' and i have to stop and realise i am in a bloody legitimate relationship" I have stated a similar comment many times of being tired of having to 'prove' our relationship, things which should be natural and fun turn out to 'oh...that would be good evidence for immigration'. And to think this will continue for as long a you deal with immigration! I am seriously considering naturalization so that I can live the rest of my life without proving my relationship! Any other people considering naturalization when the time comes?

Lise

Lise I have many of times and I am thanking about it now.

blk-event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone in this. For us after a few hours/days cooler calmer heads have prevailed. I know in our case it is mostly fear driven as the dream begins to become reality. Gina has no family or friends here, and she is not comfortable with her English. When you put this on top of the normal cold feet people get as the wedding date approaches. It shows me how strong she is to handle this all as well as how committed she is to me, and I understand when she needs to vent frustrations. Even though the words of breaking it off were spoken, we have always known our love for each other continues to grow every day.

Hope this helps, we are all here for you. Don't cancel as that will reset everything. Just let the process go through and see what time gives you.

Thank you Dan,

That helps a lot. It has been hard for we have been together for 3 years now and its finally coming to the end praise God. I can see the light just trying to encourage her is hard. Hanna has done so well. Just when that all of her friends are getting married and she is close to them makes it that much harder.

Thank you again.

blk-event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Also I thought we take our papers to the embassy, not mail them in advance.

Look up your embassy for embassy-specific rules. Some embassies want you to bring the information with you. My particular embassy wants you to deliver it to VFS no more than 30 and no fewer than 7 days prior to the interview so the CO has time to review it first. I've even read several reviews of various embassies where the CO refused to look at and consider any evidence not deposited prior to the interview.

Bec & Dipu

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent : 2010-11-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-12-01

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-04-21

NVC Received : 2011-04-27

NVC Left : 2011-05-05

Embassy Rcvd : 2011-05-08

Pack 3 Rcvd : 2011-05-11

Pack 3 Sent : 2011-06-23

Pack 4 Rcvd : 2011-07-08

Interview : 2011-08-03

Visa Received : 2011-11-09

POE : 2012-01-13

Marriage : 2012-01-21

AOS/EAD Sent : 2012-02-13

NOA1 : 2012-02-22

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.