ralph240574

F2A Retrogression: What happened??

41 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

The new visa bulletin is out. The cut off date is still at Jan 08. It seems they did not process all the people of 07. In June 2010 the dates jumped ahead more than a year. I hope after these applications have been processed the dates will advance again.

It is really sad that a country like the US is that incompetent in handling such a simple matter.

Support our cause here: http://www.unitefamilies.org/

This same "incompetent country" is the country you have elected to live in. Having had dealings with Colombia I know you are well aware of how streamlined and smoothly things run there with no delays or hassles. As a veteran who has served and fought for this nation I take offense when people start cursing the nation. You have every reason to be upset with the system, it's not perfect. Instead of griping and cussing spend those energies working to improve it.

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bogota, Colombia
Marriage: 2009-08-01
I-130 Sent : 2009-09-29
I-130 NOA1 : 2009-10-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-03-18
NVC Received : 2010-03-23
Case Completed at NVC : 2010-09-16
Interview Date : December 16, 2010
Interview Result : APPROVED
Visa Received : 12/27/10
US Entry :12/29/10
Two-year green card received: 1/19/11
SSN received: 2/2/11
Lifting of Conditions Filed 10/1/12
Lifting of Conditions NOA 10/9/12
Lifting of Conditions Biometrics Appt 10/31/12

Lifting of Conditions Approved 12/10/12

10-yr green card received 1/8/13

N-400 Naturalization Application 10/1/2013
Marital Bliss: Endless

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I don't understand the reason behind this either... except maybe they just want our $$$...

I filed last Oct. and got a letter saying it was received blah blah blah in Nov.

Was quite excited when first heard the fast movement of PD last year... but now just sad sad sad...

This same "incompetent country" is the country you have elected to live in. Having had dealings with Colombia I know you are well aware of how streamlined and smoothly things run there with no delays or hassles. As a veteran who has served and fought for this nation I take offense when people start cursing the nation. You have every reason to be upset with the system, it's not perfect. Instead of griping and cussing spend those energies working to improve it.

I am kinda confused about your patriotism :( As far i can calculate....

roughly 500,000 petitions has been pendings for the last 3 years( According to DOS visa waiting list)

roughly $500 per month has been sent to the family overseas( I bet you sent that too)

which makes my math total: 500,000X$500= $2.5 million per months

As per year total could be: 12X$2.5 mil=$30 mill per year :luv:

So this $30 mil would be go money overseas from our reserve bank.:wow:

As also $30 mill would be help 75000 Veteran salary and benefit( if their standard salary 40k a year).:D

Edited by Miami_Boy

US CITIZENSHIP

12-20-2012: SENT N-400 APPLICATION

12-21-2012: RECEIVED N-400 APPLICATION

12-27-2012: CHECK CASHED

12-28-2012: NOA RECEIVED

01-08-2013: BIO-METRIC COMPLETED

01-14-2013: INTERVIEW IN LINE FOR SCHEDULED

04-10-2013: INTERVIEW SCHEDULE AT 7:30 AM, TAMPA OFFICE...APPROVED:)))

04-23-2013: OATH CEREMONY AT TAMPA 1 PM...FINALLY USC.....

:devil::devil::devil:

In Sept. 2010 American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) discussion session here in Washington, DC with Charles Oppenheim. Mr. Oppenheim is the Chief of the Visa Control and Reporting Division at the U.S. Department of State. For many, he is simply known as the person responsible for the monthly and annual visa number allocations for family- and employment-based green cards. He is also the person who prepares and publishes the monthly visa bulletin which is highly anticipated every month.

Visa Bulletin Predictions – Family-Based

FB 2A. According to Mr. Oppenheim, this family-based category has shown a very low demand over the past months; accordingly, Mr. Oppenheim expects that the 2A category (spouses and children of permanent residents) will continue to move forward aggressively and by the February 2011 visa bulletin, this category may be current or close to being current.

FB 2B. Similarly, movement in the 2B category has been faster than anticipated due to low demand; accordingly faster forward movement in this category is also expected.

Source:

http://www.cilawgroup.com/news/2010/09/23/visa-bulletin-predictions-and-updates-from-charles-oppenheim/

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

In Sept. 2010 American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) discussion session here in Washington, DC with Charles Oppenheim. Mr. Oppenheim is the Chief of the Visa Control and Reporting Division at the U.S. Department of State. For many, he is simply known as the person responsible for the monthly and annual visa number allocations for family- and employment-based green cards. He is also the person who prepares and publishes the monthly visa bulletin which is highly anticipated every month.

FB 2A. According to Mr. Oppenheim, this family-based category has shown a very low demand over the past months; accordingly, Mr. Oppenheim expects that the 2A category (spouses and children of permanent residents) will continue to move forward aggressively and by the February 2011 visa bulletin, this category may be current or close to being current.

FB 2B. Similarly, movement in the 2B category has been faster than anticipated due to low demand; accordingly faster forward movement in this category is also expected.

Source:

http://www.cilawgrou...rles-oppenheim/

good.gifgood.gifgood.gifgood.gifgood.gif

This would be lovely

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Timeline

what are your thoughts..? Miami_boy

rung a bell..?

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Source:

http://www.cilawgrou...rles-oppenheim/

Charles Oppenheim was hang over when he was interviewed by AILA :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Instead of being retrogressed, he told them current PD :bonk:

US CITIZENSHIP

12-20-2012: SENT N-400 APPLICATION

12-21-2012: RECEIVED N-400 APPLICATION

12-27-2012: CHECK CASHED

12-28-2012: NOA RECEIVED

01-08-2013: BIO-METRIC COMPLETED

01-14-2013: INTERVIEW IN LINE FOR SCHEDULED

04-10-2013: INTERVIEW SCHEDULE AT 7:30 AM, TAMPA OFFICE...APPROVED:)))

04-23-2013: OATH CEREMONY AT TAMPA 1 PM...FINALLY USC.....

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

when does the march conme out

STUPID RETROGRSSION

FOR MY WIFE WHICH IS MY LIFE :-)

4/15/08--FILED 1-130

4/19/08--RECIPT

1/20/10--NOA1

8/15/10--TOUCHED

8/19/10--NOA2

2 YEAR 4 MONTHS I130 APPROVAL THANK GOD

9/07/10----NVC CASE # ASSIGNED

9/15/10----AOS FEE BILL AND IV FEE BILL RECIVED

9/18/10----AOS FEE BILL AND IV FEE BILL POSTED

9/27/10----AOS AND DS203 PACKAGE MAILED

10/01/10----ALL DOCS RECIVED BY NVC PER AVR

10/19/10----RFE FOR ORIGINAL MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE IN URDU LANGUAGE ""SHOULD HAVE KNOWN"

11/06/10----RFE SENT AVR NOT UPDATED AS OF 11/09 WAITING FOR CASE COMPLETE

11/15/10----AVR SAYS RFE RECIVED... JUST WAITIN FOR CASE COMPLETE

11/17/10----CASE COMPLETE

08/30/11----INTERVIEW AT 8.00AM VISA WAS APPROVED 8/30/11 THANKYOU GOD AND EID MUBARAK

10/15/11----POE

00/00/11----LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER[/color]

Timeline

when does the march conme out

In 3-4 days.

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Source:

http://www.cilawgroup.com/news/2010/09/23/visa-bulletin-predictions-and-updates-from-charles-oppenheim/

Thursday, September 23, 2010, 10:32 am

Visa Bulletin Predictions and Updates from Charles Oppenheim

September 23rd, 2010 | Category: Articles,News

Yesterday our office attended a American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) discussion session here in Washington, DC with Charles Oppenheim. Mr. Oppenheim is the Chief of the Visa Control and Reporting Division at the U.S. Department of State. For many, he is simply known as the person responsible for the monthly and annual visa number allocations for family- and employment-based green cards. He is also the person who prepares and publishes the monthly visa bulletin which is highly anticipated every month.

We are asked on a daily basis by our clients to provide visa bulletin predictions and when a particular priority date may become current. As a result, on behalf of our clients, we appreciate the opportunity Mr. Oppenheim has afforded us to get some advance sense of the movement of the priority dates.

General Visa Number Trends

Mr. Oppenheim noted that in the employment-based context, each green card application case is larger than previously expected (because many primary beneficiaries have married and have children). As a result, and in recognition of the fact that many EB-3 India and China candidates are now eligible for and applying under the EB-2 category, Mr. Oppenheim noted that the employment-based visa numbers are expected to remain oversubscribed and to move slowly forward.

With respect to family-based cases, Mr. Oppenheim noted that the demand, especially in the FB2 category has been much lower than anticipated and as a result the FB2 category has noted significant forward movement over the past few months and that this aggressive forward movement is expected to continue. Mr. Oppenheim that the FB2A forward movement is unprecedented and provides a rare opportunity to file family-based green card applications

Visa Bulletin Predictions – Employment-Based

Mr. Oppenheim was able to provide some predictions and expectations for movement of visa numbers over the next few months. Please note that these are short-term predictions and depending on the number of applications as a result of the next few months’ visa numbers, the rate of cutoff date movement may change.

EB-3 Rest of World (ROW). This category is expected to move very slightly forward or to remain unchanged in the November 2010 visa bulletin. The reason is the high number of applications waiting for a visa number in this category.

EB-3 China and EB-2 China. These two categories are expected to move slowly over the next few months – by one or two weeks at a time for the next few visa bulletins.

EB-3 India. Similarly, this category is expected to move very slowly over the next few visa bulletins — perhaps by one or two weeks at a time.

EB-2 India. This category is expected to remain unchanged or to move very slowly forward (by a week or so) in the short-term. This is mainly caused by the fact that many EB-3 India applicants (there are approximately 60,000 EB-3 India pending cases) are “porting” their priority dates into the EB-2 India category and are thus taking visa numbers.

Mr. Oppenheim was also able to provide some predictions and expectations for movement of the family-based visa numbers over the next few months. Unlike the employment-based visa numbers, which are expected to advance very slowly over the next few months, the family-based visa numbers, especially in the 2A category are expected to continue to advance consistently and relatively quickly.

Conclusion

Mr. Oppenheim’s comments are extremely helpful to get a sense of the visa cutoff dates over the next few months. Although our employment-based clients may be disappointed by the slow forward movement which is expected, our family-based clients should consider preparing and filing family-based applications, especially in the FB2A and FB2B categories which are expected to note significant forward movement in the near future.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can review your case or answer any questions. We also invite you to subscribe to our free weekly immigration newsletter to receive timely updates on this and related topics.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THis StorY IS wAy 2 OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

february VB is 01Jan08 not move on..

I AGREE WITH YOU BUDDY!THEY DO NOT REALIZE THE IMPACT OF US IMMIGRANTS SENDING BACK MONEY TO OUR BELOVED LOVE ONES WHOM WE LEFT IN OUR OWN COUNTRY !AND THAT BIS EVERY 2 WEEKS!THAT WILL COUNT TO BILLIONS OF DOLLARS MONTHLY IF SUMMED UP!I JUST WISH SOMEBODY FROM THE US SENATE OR CONGRESS ABOUT THIS DATA ESPECIALLY THAT AMERICA IS STILL IN RECESSION;IMAGINE IF ALL OUR FAMILY IS ALREADY HERE WITH US...WE WILL BE ALSO HELPING THE USA ECONOMY BUILD COZ WE DON'T HAVE TO SEND THE US DOLLAR EVERY PAYCHECK TO OTHER COUNTRIES AND JUST SPEND IT RIGHT HERE AND KEEP US ECONOMY GOING STRONG...!CAN SOMEBODY INFORM THEM THIS...GODDLUCK TO ALL OF US !GOD BLESS...!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

mr. blu,

As i told you my previous post..Since USCIS minimized the I-130 approval date, I believe simply we have to wait till our Naturalization complete and bring our wife & children with NO VISA NUMBER QOATA!!!!

We just have to forget about every months Bull ####### from DOS!!!! Just focus on our regular life and sending more money to wife and family back home...Let USA be poor!!! They just dont understand how much we could help USA economy if our family is with us!!!

STRONGLY AGREE WITH YOU BUD!JUST REALLY WISHED THAT SOMEBODY OUT THERE CAN INFORM THE US SENATE OR CONGRESS ABOUT THE IMPACT WE COULD ALSO MAKE IF ALL OUR LOVE ONES IS ALREADY HERE..WE WILL BE SPENDING OUR MONEY HERE AND WE ARE LEGAL IMMIGRANTS WITH DESCENT JOBS AND PAY OUR DUE TAXES YEARLY NOT LIKE THOSE OTHER MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL ALIENS WHO ARE NOT HELPING THE ECONOMY AND YET IT SEEMS THAT SOME OTHER POLITICIANS FOR THEIR OWN INTEREST ARE PROTECTING THEM...???!!! WHY NOT SIMPLIFY THE PROCESS AND JUST APPROVED OUR LOVE ONES TO COME HERE LEGALLY???!!IT JUST DOES'NT MAKE NO SENSE!PLEASE SOMEBODY INFORM THE SENATE OR CONGRESS TO CHANGE THIS OLD ROTTEN PROCESS!!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Syria
Timeline

STRONGLY AGREE WITH YOU BUD!JUST REALLY WISHED THAT SOMEBODY OUT THERE CAN INFORM THE US SENATE OR CONGRESS ABOUT THE IMPACT WE COULD ALSO MAKE IF ALL OUR LOVE ONES IS ALREADY HERE..WE WILL BE SPENDING OUR MONEY HERE AND WE ARE LEGAL IMMIGRANTS WITH DESCENT JOBS AND PAY OUR DUE TAXES YEARLY NOT LIKE THOSE OTHER MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL ALIENS WHO ARE NOT HELPING THE ECONOMY AND YET IT SEEMS THAT SOME OTHER POLITICIANS FOR THEIR OWN INTEREST ARE PROTECTING THEM...???!!! WHY NOT SIMPLIFY THE PROCESS AND JUST APPROVED OUR LOVE ONES TO COME HERE LEGALLY???!!IT JUST DOES'NT MAKE NO SENSE!PLEASE SOMEBODY INFORM THE SENATE OR CONGRESS TO CHANGE THIS OLD ROTTEN PROCESS!!

I am agree with you, Unfortunately, F2A is not Middleast, where USA can find OILS...I thing you got my point!!

NVC Journey for my sister

09/14/2011: NVC case number Assigned

09/15/2011: DS-3032 & AOS Fee Bill Received

09/16/2011: DS-3032 e-mailed to Supervisor SUE

09/16/2011: DS-3032 accepted by NVC

09/18/2011: PAID AOS & IV FEE

Filed: IR-5 Country: Syria
Timeline

mr. blu,

As i told you my previous post..Since USCIS minimized the I-130 approval date, I believe simply we have to wait till our Naturalization complete and bring our wife & children with NO VISA NUMBER QOATA!!!!

We just have to forget about every months Bull ####### from DOS!!!! Just focus on our regular life and sending more money to wife and family back home...Let USA be poor!!! They just dont understand how much we could help USA economy if our family is with us!!!

Mr. Boy,

USA is 30 times richer than China? Dont you know that??

NVC Journey for my sister

09/14/2011: NVC case number Assigned

09/15/2011: DS-3032 & AOS Fee Bill Received

09/16/2011: DS-3032 e-mailed to Supervisor SUE

09/16/2011: DS-3032 accepted by NVC

09/18/2011: PAID AOS & IV FEE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.