ralph240574

F2A Retrogression: What happened??

41 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I was reading the January Visa Bulletin a couple of days ago and was in shock, as many of you were. How is it possible that there is retrogression of 32 months to January 2008???

After looking at the available data on http://dashboard.uscis.gov I must say I still don't understand this. For FY 2009 the total number of receipts for all preference categories were 188,749 for FY 2010 the total number of receipts were 217,238, unfortunately there is no data available for previous years. In the November bulletin (which was published in at the beginning of October) the cut-off date for F2A was June 1 2010.

The number of unripe pending, other pending, and awaiting customer action were 172,955, 20,740 and 14,143 respectively, which is a total of 207,838 for all categories.

About 88,000 F2A visas are available each fiscal year, if we assume that about 50% of the applications are for the F2A category (let’s say 100,000), the wait time should be around 14 months (100,000/88,000).

Is there a huge amount of pending visas unaccounted for? (e.g at the NVC??)

If there was a huge surge in October and November this should not have an effect on the cut off dates which reached August 2010 for the December bulletin, it should only affect the future movement of the cutoff dates, i.e. they might move very slow for priority dates after August 2010.

My only hope is that this retrogression is only temporarily and cutoff dates will move forward again in the next few months at, if not someone made a huge mistake.

Anybody has any more insight on this?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My sentiments exactly and also the backlog was cleared for F2A at the processing centres also for e.g in august it was taking 17.1 months to process I-130 for permanent resident filing for spouse since septemebr its been 5 months where is this demand they speak of? has to be at NVC and we are not privy to information on NVC at all!

I was reading the January Visa Bulletin a couple of days ago and was in shock, as many of you were. How is it possible that there is retrogression of 32 months to January 2008???

After looking at the available data on http://dashboard.uscis.gov I must say I still don't understand this. For FY 2009 the total number of receipts for all preference categories were 188,749 for FY 2010 the total number of receipts were 217,238, unfortunately there is no data available for previous years. In the November bulletin (which was published in at the beginning of October) the cut-off date for F2A was June 1 2010.

The number of unripe pending, other pending, and awaiting customer action were 172,955, 20,740 and 14,143 respectively, which is a total of 207,838 for all categories.

About 88,000 F2A visas are available each fiscal year, if we assume that about 50% of the applications are for the F2A category (let's say 100,000), the wait time should be around 14 months (100,000/88,000).

Is there a huge amount of pending visas unaccounted for? (e.g at the NVC??)

If there was a huge surge in October and November this should not have an effect on the cut off dates which reached August 2010 for the December bulletin, it should only affect the future movement of the cutoff dates, i.e. they might move very slow for priority dates after August 2010.

My only hope is that this retrogression is only temporarily and cutoff dates will move forward again in the next few months at, if not someone made a huge mistake.

Anybody has any more insight on this?

This article is from an AILA bulletin....November 2010

US family visas to retrogress in December 2010

The Visa Bulletin from the US Department of State indicates that for the month of December 2010, the petitions by siblings of US citizens retrogressed from 1991 going backwards to 1988.

Just two months ago, we revealed the rapid and advanced progression of many family petitions.

Those who waited for several years to be reunited with their immediate family members were elated this summer about the unexpected progression of their visa numbers. Like the progression of the visa numbers, the recent retrogression also came as a surprise.

In a recent conference last week, hosted by the American Immigration Lawyers Association in Monterey, California, Charles Oppenheim, Chief Immigrant Control and Reporting Division of the Department of State, revealed that this coming January 2011, there will once again be retrogression in certain categories of family petitions.

According to him, there was a surge of visa applications in the past few months as a result of the progression. He justified the need for retrogression to meet with the numerical limitations set by law.

The Department of State's Visa Bulletin for the month of December 2010 indicates which visa numbers are affected by the retrogression.

Preference categories

There are three groups affected by the change.

The first group is the "second preference-B petitions" filed by green card holders on behalf of their single adult children. The visa priority dates under this group retrogressed from September 1, 2002 to March 1, 2000.

The second group affects petitions filed under the "third preference category" by US citizens on behalf of their married children. The priority dates have been moved from March 1, 1995 back to July 1, 1992. This is a retrogression of almost three years.

For siblings of US citizens under the "fourth preference category," the priority dates have been pulled back from April 1, 1991 to January 1, 1988. This is the group which has the most severe backlog.

Thus, beneficiaries whose petitions were filed after January 1988 will have to wait longer before they are issued their visas.

"First preference" petitions by US citizens on behalf of single unmarried children; and, "second preference-A" petitions by green card holders for their spouses and minor children are fortunately not affected by the recent changes.

What to expect

The retrogression of visa numbers will not begin until the month of December 2010. The National Visa Center and the consular office of the US embassy may still continue to accept applications and supporting documents for visa processing of certain applicants.

Depending on the discretion of the consular officer, applicants may still be issued their visas if all documents are completed and a visa interview is scheduled before November 30, 2010. However, if the processing is not completed by December, the visas can no longer be issued until the priority dates become current once again. When this is going to happen remains to be seen.

Considering the progression and retrogression movement of the priority dates, one can no longer anticipate with reasonable certainty when an immigrant visa will be available.

It may be a matter of time for the Department of State, but to those affected, family unity has become uncertain

US CITIZENSHIP

12-20-2012: SENT N-400 APPLICATION

12-21-2012: RECEIVED N-400 APPLICATION

12-27-2012: CHECK CASHED

12-28-2012: NOA RECEIVED

01-08-2013: BIO-METRIC COMPLETED

01-14-2013: INTERVIEW IN LINE FOR SCHEDULED

04-10-2013: INTERVIEW SCHEDULE AT 7:30 AM, TAMPA OFFICE...APPROVED:)))

04-23-2013: OATH CEREMONY AT TAMPA 1 PM...FINALLY USC.....

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

This article is from an AILA bulletin....November 2010

US family visas to retrogress in December 2010

The Visa Bulletin from the US Department of State indicates that for the month of December 2010, the petitions by siblings of US citizens retrogressed from 1991 going backwards to 1988.

Just two months ago, we revealed the rapid and advanced progression of many family petitions.

Those who waited for several years to be reunited with their immediate family members were elated this summer about the unexpected progression of their visa numbers. Like the progression of the visa numbers, the recent retrogression also came as a surprise.

In a recent conference last week, hosted by the American Immigration Lawyers Association in Monterey, California, Charles Oppenheim, Chief Immigrant Control and Reporting Division of the Department of State, revealed that this coming January 2011, there will once again be retrogression in certain categories of family petitions.

According to him, there was a surge of visa applications in the past few months as a result of the progression. He justified the need for retrogression to meet with the numerical limitations set by law.

The Department of State's Visa Bulletin for the month of December 2010 indicates which visa numbers are affected by the retrogression.

Preference categories

There are three groups affected by the change.

The first group is the "second preference-B petitions" filed by green card holders on behalf of their single adult children. The visa priority dates under this group retrogressed from September 1, 2002 to March 1, 2000.

The second group affects petitions filed under the "third preference category" by US citizens on behalf of their married children. The priority dates have been moved from March 1, 1995 back to July 1, 1992. This is a retrogression of almost three years.

For siblings of US citizens under the "fourth preference category," the priority dates have been pulled back from April 1, 1991 to January 1, 1988. This is the group which has the most severe backlog.

Thus, beneficiaries whose petitions were filed after January 1988 will have to wait longer before they are issued their visas.

"First preference" petitions by US citizens on behalf of single unmarried children; and, "second preference-A" petitions by green card holders for their spouses and minor children are fortunately not affected by the recent changes.

What to expect

The retrogression of visa numbers will not begin until the month of December 2010. The National Visa Center and the consular office of the US embassy may still continue to accept applications and supporting documents for visa processing of certain applicants.

Depending on the discretion of the consular officer, applicants may still be issued their visas if all documents are completed and a visa interview is scheduled before November 30, 2010. However, if the processing is not completed by December, the visas can no longer be issued until the priority dates become current once again. When this is going to happen remains to be seen.

Considering the progression and retrogression movement of the priority dates, one can no longer anticipate with reasonable certainty when an immigrant visa will be available.

It may be a matter of time for the Department of State, but to those affected, family unity has become uncertain

Mhhhhhhhhhh :help::help::help::help::help::help::help:

Priority Date:June 02,2009

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

The new visa bulletin is out. The cut off date is still at Jan 08. It seems they did not process all the people of 07. In June 2010 the dates jumped ahead more than a year. I hope after these applications have been processed the dates will advance again.

It is really sad that a country like the US is that incompetent in handling such a simple matter.

Support our cause here: http://www.unitefamilies.org/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline

The new visa bulletin is out. The cut off date is still at Jan 08. It seems they did not process all the people of 07. In June 2010 the dates jumped ahead more than a year. I hope after these applications have been processed the dates will advance again.

It is really sad that a country like the US is that incompetent in handling such a simple matter.

Support our cause here: http://www.unitefamilies.org/

i just singed too :0, noone will hear us :(

F-2A Visa

Priority date feb 16.2010

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Tirana, Albania

Marriage (if applicable):

I-130 Sent : 2010-02-02

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-02-16

I-130 Approved : 2010-09-15

NVC Received : 2010-09-30

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-10-01

Pay I-864 Bill 2010-10-01

Receive IV Bill : 2010-10-20

Pay IV Bill : 2010-10-15

Case Completed at NVC :2010-12-9

Failed to sign at NVC web :2010-12-21

Interview 08/02/2012

RFE DNA/ did the DNA test req 8/2/2012

8/3/12 Collection kit was mailed in Tirana embassy (for my brother)

8/13/12 my brother was called at the embbasy. and the kit was mailed out to DNA center in California.

9/7/12 The results mailed out to Tirana Embassy

9/14/12 embassy called my brother to mail his passport to get his visa.

DNA journey lasted 6 weeks

they just got our money ...bad ..bad ..bad

mr. blu,

As i told you my previous post..Since USCIS minimized the I-130 approval date, I believe simply we have to wait till our Naturalization complete and bring our wife & children with NO VISA NUMBER QOATA!!!!

We just have to forget about every months Bull ####### from DOS!!!! Just focus on our regular life and sending more money to wife and family back home...Let USA be poor!!! They just dont understand how much we could help USA economy if our family is with us!!!

US CITIZENSHIP

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

they just got our money ...bad ..bad ..bad

Yep i agree with you i hate nvc and i hate their old and riped strategy i bet thats what they're planning in the first place that's why they adjusted the required $$$$$ for fee's and bills for required documents because they're planning something big and that is retrogression! but i still wonder why i fell for it grrr....

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My other question is will uSCIS process our petitions withi the five months in light of the retrogression

this is also my question, does anyone know if the processing time under USCIS would be affected?

can I change the F2-A in K 3 because next week i take my citizenship .???

HELP.

My case is doe to the NVC i can change if now i wait for number of viza ???

You dont have to do K-3, As you have been married.

All you have to send the copy of your citizenship certificate to the NVC, NVC will upgrade your case to IR-1 and NVC also schedule your interview in few weeks after they cinfirmed from USCIS that your citizenship is valid!!

ENjoy the Freedom..your spouse will be here in matter of time!!!

You can also email your copy of citizenship certificate and use Subject line ATTN: Supervisor SUE

US CITIZENSHIP

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

this is also my question, does anyone know if the processing time under USCIS would be affected?

Don't think so, I applied September and just got approved last Friday.

3/26/2008 Married

7/2/2009 kid born

9/15/2010 submitted I-130

1/14/2011 I-130 approved

2/1/2011 paid AOS fee

2/14/2011 received IV Bills

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.