Negrito Landrau

Visa Denied, Devastated, Please HELP!!!

75 posts in this topic

I'm very sorry you guys got denied and am very surprised at some of the unnecessarily rude and sarcastic replies that you have received on this thread. If my husband were to be denied his visa I would also be extremely upset and the last thing you need are negative comments.

I have to agree with those who suggested you get married and apply for a spousal visa. You said you had everything planned out for a Dec 25th wedding so getting married a little earlier shouldn't be a problem. If you were denied for any other reason besides their suspicions of a blood relation between the two of you, a marriage should help prove that your relationship is legit. Gathering evidence that you are not related is also a good idea, in the case that you really were denied because they suspect you are related. They may have given that as an excuse, but perhaps the letter you say they are going to send you will help clarify the situation ???

Take some time to clear your mind and release all of your frustrations so that you can take full advantage of the fact that you are there right now and can start gathering whatever evidence you need to prove no blood relation (and perhaps even get married). I wish you the best of luck and please keep us in the loop (I'm curious to see how this all turns out, if you don't mind of course).

My Case Timeline (I-130)

03/19/07: We met

01/03/09: He proposed =D

07/17/10: Married, yay!

USCIS: VSC (188 days)

10/04/10: Sent I-130

10/12/10: NOA1 (Received text/email with receipt #)

10/14/10: "Touched"

10/16/10: NOA1 (Received hard copy I-797C)

04/18/11: NOA2 (Received text/email):D

04/22/11: NOA2 (Received hard copy I-797C)

NVC

04/25/11: NVC received my original petition

05/05/11: Received NVC Case # and IIN; gave them our emails

05/07/11: Sent DS 3032 email

05/07/11: AOS fee invoiced and paid

05/09/11: NVC accepts husband's DS-3032 email

05/10/11: AOS fee shows up as paid

05/10/11: IV fee invoiced and paid

05/11/11: Sent AOS package via overnight mail

05/12/11: IV fee shows up as paid

05/12/11: AOS package delivered (per usps tracking website)

05/14/11: Sent IV package via overnight mail

05/16/11: IV package delivered (per usps tracking website)

05/20/11: AOS package reviewed

05/25/11: IV package reviewed

05/26/11: SIF!!!

05/26/11: CC!!!

06/10/11: NVC schedules interview date

Consulate

06/27/11: Medical Exam

07/11/11: Interview: Approved!

Again, I am very sorry to know about your situation. Another thing that makes me wonder is if your fiancee had, in the past, applied for a tourist visa? Or some other type of visa that made them think your petition was for immigration purposes, only? Really, it is a sad and hard to believe situation. Your story is making me nervous! I hope my fiance is not denied when the time comes for his interview.

Check out this website: http://dominicanstotheusa.com/forum/ It is a website exclusively for Dominican intending immigrants. Some of the members are difficult and judgmental, but some others have experience with the process and could perhaps give you country-specific advice to try to make sense of your denial and situation.

No, she hasn't applied for any type of visa before. Thanks for the Dominican forum suggestion.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

a spousal visa wont solve anything,as it wont solve the reason they got denied,OP you have to add your parents and her parents birth certificate AND a dna test result,regardless of the route you choose to take.

a spousal visa wont solve anything,as it wont solve the reason they got denied,OP you have to add your parents and her parents birth certificate AND a dna test result,regardless of the route you choose to take.

You are right, a spousal visa won't solve the problem, however, if they already had a wedding planned for the 25th of this month here in the states they obviously won't be able to do so. They may as well get married now in the DR since he is currently there.

He mentioned before that they would send him a letter:

"They told me that I would receive a letter later on the mail. They also gave my fiancee a small yellow paper with different choices and the one checked says that the case would be sent back to USCIS. My finace told me that they were given that same paper to everyone (denied or approved) just that they check different according to the results."

Perhaps that will be the clue to the reason why you were denied. Regardless of whether they were denied the visa because of suspicions of a blood relation or not, gathering evidence to prove that they are not related is still important because it is an issue that may come up again if they re-apply for the K-1 visa or if they apply for a spousal visa.

If they denied them because they did not think the relationship is legit, perhaps getting married and applying for a spousal visa will help prove that they are serious. In the event that they do go this route, if it were me I would still gather all of the birth certificates necessary in order to avoid the same problem ocurring once again.

Now, if there is another reason why they were denied other than the ones stated above there is no way for us to give proper advice unless we know what the true problem is.

My Case Timeline (I-130)

03/19/07: We met

01/03/09: He proposed =D

07/17/10: Married, yay!

USCIS: VSC (188 days)

10/04/10: Sent I-130

10/12/10: NOA1 (Received text/email with receipt #)

10/14/10: "Touched"

10/16/10: NOA1 (Received hard copy I-797C)

04/18/11: NOA2 (Received text/email):D

04/22/11: NOA2 (Received hard copy I-797C)

NVC

04/25/11: NVC received my original petition

05/05/11: Received NVC Case # and IIN; gave them our emails

05/07/11: Sent DS 3032 email

05/07/11: AOS fee invoiced and paid

05/09/11: NVC accepts husband's DS-3032 email

05/10/11: AOS fee shows up as paid

05/10/11: IV fee invoiced and paid

05/11/11: Sent AOS package via overnight mail

05/12/11: IV fee shows up as paid

05/12/11: AOS package delivered (per usps tracking website)

05/14/11: Sent IV package via overnight mail

05/16/11: IV package delivered (per usps tracking website)

05/20/11: AOS package reviewed

05/25/11: IV package reviewed

05/26/11: SIF!!!

05/26/11: CC!!!

06/10/11: NVC schedules interview date

Consulate

06/27/11: Medical Exam

07/11/11: Interview: Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Negrito, check this link from a person who just got their visa in jamaica... they mentioned somethign about a dna test as well... http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/285144-got-my-visa/ i hope this can be of some assitance to you

Last Monday when I started this thread, I came here looking for some help and advise on how to move on now that I had been denied my fiancee' visa. Instead of receiving support and empathy I was bombarded with sarcasm and disrespect. That Monday was a really bad day for me and I had received enough sarcasm and disrespect from the consulate's officers to come here and receive the same treatment. So, I decided to stop reading any response to my post. Why would I come here with lies? This site have helped me A LOT in this process and I am grateful for that. I am an honest person and would have appreciated to be believed.

Next day, feeling as sad as the day before but with the same questions and need of some answers, I started to read again. Thanks God, this time other people wiser and more compassionate posted their comments and gave me some valuable advise without hurting me. I am happy to reassure that VisaJourney is a great site with great people that take their time and effort to help other people that are strangers to them. And those that uses this site to be rude and arrogant with others are just MINORITY. I want to thanks everyone that kindly tried to help me (especially, Kathryn41, kennyM, tero, rLogan, Joe_Robin, mochamich and I & JJ). I will take some of your advise and will keep fighting to bring my beloved fiancee to USA which is my home. I will keep you informed of the outcome of my case. Again, thanks!

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Last Monday when I started this thread, I came here looking for some help and advise on how to move on now that I had been denied my fiancee' visa. Instead of receiving support and empathy I was bombarded with sarcasm and disrespect. That Monday was a really bad day for me and I had received enough sarcasm and disrespect from the consulate's officers to come here and receive the same treatment. So, I decided to stop reading any response to my post. Why would I come here with lies? This site have helped me A LOT in this process and I am grateful for that. I am an honest person and would have appreciated to be believed.

Next day, feeling as sad as the day before but with the same questions and need of some answers, I started to read again. Thanks God, this time other people wiser and more compassionate posted their comments and gave me some valuable advise without hurting me. I am happy to reassure that VisaJourney is a great site with great people that take their time and effort to help other people that are strangers to them. And those that uses this site to be rude and arrogant with others are just MINORITY. I want to thanks everyone that kindly tried to help me (especially, Kathryn41, kennyM, tero, rLogan, Joe_Robin, mochamich and I & JJ). I will take some of your advise and will keep fighting to bring my beloved fiancee to USA which is my home. I will keep you informed of the outcome of my case. Again, thanks!

I feel your pain, as we were denied too when I first filed for a K-1. I went back to get married and obtained a marriage certificate, now I'm back in line for a IR/CR1. I am glad in the midst of the chaos, you still found some good advice and some hope. We all wish you well! Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Keep up the good fight, buddy. We're with you all the way!

It's always darkest before the dawn. I went to get my beautiful wife in the Philippines, and because of a mis-spelling had to return without her. One little letter in a middle name. She was alone in Manila, and another horrible migraine struck her (stress does that).

She was on the streets of Manila, alone, vomiting and unable to move at one point. It was horrible. I was thousands of miles away, unable to help her.

So many others have had tribulations, but persevered. Best of luck to you. May you find strength in your time of need.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey... Stay strong, I know this setback isn't what any of us hoped for, but there's got to be a way to fight this.. I am so sorry that you're going through this.. I would have been devastated just as much as you.. I feel there is somewhat of a family atmosphere here on VJ, and I hope you know you're in our prayers.. God Bless you and hoping that you can keep fighting for your fiancee and your relationship.. You have to beleive in the fact that the truth is on your side...

Kenny

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

They told me that I would receive a letter later on the mail. They also gave my fiancee a small yellow paper with different choices and the one checked says that the case would be sent back to USCIS. My finace told me that they were given that same paper to everyone (denied or approved) just that they check different according to the results.

Well if it's getting sent back get a lawyer NOW. You've already gone too long without getting proper legal advise, even when you suspected something was very wrong beforehand. I'm sorry this has happened to you and wish you the very best moving forward.

Best Wishes....

Well if it's getting sent back get a lawyer NOW. You've already gone too long without getting proper legal advise, even when you suspected something was very wrong beforehand. I'm sorry this has happened to you and wish you the very best moving forward.

Best Wishes....

I am working on that already, but does "sending the case back" has any special meaning? I am wondering what is going to say that letter that i am supose to receive.

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am working on that already, but does "sending the case back" has any special meaning? I am wondering what is going to say that letter that i am supose to receive.

After the interview, they should have handed your fiancée the letter stating the reason for the denial. From my experience, they handed my fiancée a letter with the reason for the denial and then stating in it that they would send the case back to DHS for a possible revocation. It has been about 5 months now and the case has not been returned yet. I gave up on appealing as all my attempts were unsuccessful even with my representatives. I have filed an I-130 and now waiting. They are most likely sending it back to DHS for a revocation. If you cant appeal and get any result ...Just gather yourself back up and start over with more proofs this time, that you are not related.

You all must realize that marrying your cousin is not a grounds for denial. I have gone over this very clearly with my lawyer as it is my situation. The K-1 should have been fine so long as the state in which you intended to wed in allows first-cousin marriage. Because I live in Texas, a state which forbids such matrimony, I chose to go the CR-1 route, which recognizes a marriage so long as it is legal in the beneficiary's country.

The only problem that should arise is 1) the state in which you intend to wed and 2) proving that your relationship with your "suspected" family member is, indeed, valid.

I would really be sure and clear that the reason for denial is because you are suspected to be cousins. Because like I said, first-cousin marriage is not a reason for denial unless the above stated are part of your situation.

It might be something else...

Hello, I am in the same situation please let me know what is the outcome of your intriview.

Thanks

Jun 22, 10 - NOA 1

Nov 5, 10 - Approved!! NOA 2 by email

NVC Received File - Nov recievd from uscis

Nov 16, 10 - Received Case# Called Nvc recording gave my NVC Number

Nov 17, 10 - Called NVC gave them my email and my wife email

Nov 17, 10 - Call NVC talked to person and got IIN.

Nov 18, 10 - I-864(AOS)12 fee ($88) Paid Payment IN process.

Nov 18, 10 - DS Forms Emailed Via Email for Electronic Processing recieved mail back did not take it

Nov 22, 10 - DS 3032 emailed got resoponse recieved it

Nov 22, 10 - AOS = sent via priority mail

Nov 22 , 10: IV Bill Invoiced

Nov 22 ,10 - paid IV online

Nov 24, 10 - IV= sent via priority mail

Dec 7, 10 - IV and AOS Recieved via AVR recording.

Dec 16. 10 - filled ds-260 online, as of operator said I needed and send sup doc via email.

??/??/????: Sign in Failed

??/??/????: AOS package review completed

??/??/????: IV package review completed

??/??/????: Case Completed

??/??/????: Consulate Interview Scheduled

• 1 year later...

You need to file for an appeal and this time bring the birth certificates of both parents hers and yours and if possible do the dna testing as well but dont waste anytime......time is everything!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.