Negrito Landrau

Visa Denied, Devastated, Please HELP!!!

75 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I am writing this post with tears in my eyes. Today was my fiance (beneficiary) interview in the Dominican consulate. I (petitioner) was there with her and they slaughtered us. We arrived there at 6:00 am and they finished with us arround 4:00 pm. From the beginning I knew something was wrong. The attitude of the consulate officer was horrible. The reason for the denial was that they assure that we are related. They say that we are cousin just because my fiance's mother last name and my mother's last name are the same. I new from the beginning that this could be a problem, but since we ARE NOT family related I was confident on the truth. The same last name is just a mere and unfortunate coincidence. Every time the consulate officer asked a question he never believed our answers. When we were going to answering a question he immediately started moving his head side to side in a gesture of denying our answers; just that was frustrating. They interviewed us together and separate and we always gave them the same answers because we were telling the truth, but he said to my fiance that our answer were the same because she had memorized everything. He asked us about everything!!! they even asked us if we have had sexual relations. Questions like asking my fiance in what airline I traveled. She answer Delta and then they asked what airline I used to go to Dominican Republic the first time. She said she did not know and he said that she should know that...what!! Not even I remember that. They tried to force me to "confess" that I was lying. Of course I refused to because I was not lying. Then they threatened me to send me to jail and fine me with $10,000. We provide tons of evidence of our true relationship but they did not pay attention to it. They just insisted that we are family related and they just got stuck with that. The officer was very sarcastic the whole time. Now I don't know what to do. Please help me :help: I already have everything ready for our wedding on December 25, I was not expecting this. Please tell me what can I do now. Any advise will be much appreciated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello everyone, I am writing this post with tears in my eyes. Today was my fiance (beneficiary) interview in the Dominican consulate. I (petitioner) was there with her and they slaughtered us. We arrived there at 6:00 am and they finished with us arround 4:00 pm. From the beginning I knew something was wrong. The attitude of the consulate officer was horrible. The reason for the denial was that they assure that we are related. They say that we are cousin just because my fiance's mother last name and my mother's last name are the same. I new from the beginning that this could be a problem, but since we ARE NOT family related I was confident on the truth. The same last name is just a mere and unfortunate coincidence. Every time the consulate officer asked a question he never believed our answers. When we were going to answering a question he immediately started moving his head side to side in a gesture of denying our answers; just that was frustrating. They interviewed us together and separate and we always gave them the same answers because we were telling the truth, but he said to my fiance that our answer were the same because she had memorized everything. He asked us about everything!!! they even asked us if we have had sexual relations. Questions like asking my fiance in what airline I traveled. She answer Delta and then they asked what airline I used to go to Dominican Republic the first time. She said she did not know and he said that she should know that...what!! Not even I remember that. They tried to force me to "confess" that I was lying. Of course I refused to because I was not lying. Then they threatened me to send me to jail and fine me with $10,000. We provide tons of evidence of our true relationship but they did not pay attention to it. They just insisted that we are family related and they just got stuck with that. The officer was very sarcastic the whole time. Now I don't know what to do. Please help me :help: I already have everything ready for our wedding on December 25, I was not expecting this. Please tell me what can I do now. Any advise will be much appreciated.

Too late to change that now. Since you knew it could be a problem, why not bring birth certificates of both your mothers and even their parents if necessary? If you suspect something will be a problem then PREPARE for it.

Your best chance now is to get married in the Dominican Republic and apply for a spouse visa. Be prepared to show you are not related to get a marriage license.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Were you denied or were you asked to supply additional evidence proving that you are not related?

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

. Please help me :help: I already have everything ready for our wedding on December 25, I was not expecting this. Please tell me what can I do now. Any advise will be much appreciated.

Try making your font bigger so we can see

Too late to change that now. Since you knew it could be a problem, why not bring birth certificates of both your mothers and even their parents if necessary? If you suspect something will be a problem then PREPARE for it.

Your best chance now is to get married in the Dominican Republic and apply for a spouse visa. Be prepared to show you are not related to get a marriage license.

How does their birth certificates prove we are not related? Here we are talking about a Latin country where over there they use two lastnames. The last name we have in commom is the 2nd last name (last name from your mom side) This will appear in my mom's BC and on the BC of my fiance's mom. Please explain me how this would have saved us. Thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

How does their birth certificates prove we are not related? Here we are talking about a Latin country where over there they use two lastnames. The last name we have in commom is the 2nd last name (last name from your mom side) This will appear in my mom's BC and on the BC of my fiance's mom. Please explain me how this would have saved us. Thanks.

It is like creating a family tree. You would need to go back as far as necessary to demonstrate that you are not related.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

Are you seriously asking this question? I understand how you were denied. Genetics lesson follows....

YOUR mother and father and HER mother and father would have DIFFERENT parents listed on their birth certificates if you are not cousins. I don't know how it works in your country (I thought the same) but MY cousins have at least one common set of grandparents with me (DUH!!!!!!!!!) :bonk: ALL of my cousins have a common set of grandparents on one side of the family or another with ME, regardless of what their last name is. MY grandparents are listed on MY parents birth certificates, as I am sure yours are. If you do not have at least ONE common set of grandparents you are NOT cousins.

The fact that you present a common 2nd last name as a reason to be denied is preposterous anyway. there is something you are not telling us, I do not know what it is but denying a visa because of a common last name is a lame excuse. There are WAY too many people with the same last names for a consulate to deny a visa for that reason and it is way too easy to prove you are NOT related. Had you been asked to provide evidence you are not related, that would be one thing. You say you were denied outright because they "think" you are cousins. No way.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Are you seriously asking this question? I understand how you were denied. Genetics lesson follows....

YOUR mother and father and HER mother and father would have DIFFERENT parents listed on their birth certificates if you are not cousins. I don't know how it works in your country (I thought the same) but MY cousins have at least one common set of grandparents with me (DUH!!!!!!!!!) :bonk: ALL of my cousins have a common set of grandparents on one side of the family or another with ME, regardless of what their last name is. MY grandparents are listed on MY parents birth certificates, as I am sure yours are. If you do not have at least ONE common set of grandparents you are NOT cousins.

The fact that you present a common 2nd last name as a reason to be denied is preposterous anyway. there is something you are not telling us, I do not know what it is but denying a visa because of a common last name is a lame excuse. There are WAY too many people with the same last names for a consulate to deny a visa for that reason and it is way too easy to prove you are NOT related. Had you been asked to provide evidence you are not related, that would be one thing. You say you were denied outright because they "think" you are cousins. No way.

I should also mention I noticed the common Grandparents when I was 6 years old at Thanksgiving dinner. "Hey...my COUSIN calls the same people Grandma and Grandpa that I do! Holy Moley!"

Gary And Alla

Ok, I failed on not thinking about the BC of our mothers but I am NOT hiding anything here. I am telling the truth. And if I do not put more attention to this was because like YOU, I also thought that that was a preposterous reason to be denied. No, they did not ask me to provide evidence they just told us we were lying and they did not even wanted to hear what we had to say. And, yes way, we were denied just for that. I even told him to have a DNA test if he wanted. And when he said he had evidence that we were family I asked him to show me those evidence and his answer was: "I am not going into that", you know why? Because he had NOTHING!, because WE ARE NOT related!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

can you appeal? take a DNA test + your mom and her mom birth certificate and it should be it!

don't freak out but I agree it s very unfortunate.

7/28/04 we met

10/ /06 started dating long distance, not fun

7/15/08 we gave birth to a beautiful baby boy

11/11/10 we got married in amazing Santa Barbara

11/17/10 mailed I 130, I 131, AP and EAD

11/25/10 package received

12/06/10 checks cashed

12/08/10 Email/ text

12/11/10 NOA hard copies in the mail

01/ /11 biometrics walk in successful in Oxnard

02/07/11 EAD in production, AP post decision activity

02/11/11 AP in hand

02/14/11 EAD in the mail!!!!!!!

02/17/11 EAD in hand + applied for SSN

04/13/11 Interview and Approval letter, card in production!!!

Thank you visa journey!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

DNA?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.