Arvin8

Fiancee has owes 200k on Credit Card. Help!!!

42 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

No, the consulate does not take into consideration the petitioner's (or the beneficiary's) credit history or debt. Owing $200 000 on a credit card isn't much different than having a mortgage, and many petitioners here have mortgages. As long as the petitioner makes 125% of the poverty level for their household size, you should be fine.

Edited by JlovesA

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello everyone,

My fiancee owes 200k on her Credit Card and hasn't paid in 6 months. Will this affect our fiance visa?

Hopefully the 200K is a typographical error and the OP meant to type 20K. If 200K is correct, you should seriously consider how your fiance got into this situation. It might not effect the K-1 process but I think it would have a profound effect on your marriage.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello everyone,

My fiancee owes 200k on her Credit Card and hasn't paid in 6 months. Will this affect our fiance visa?

No.

Should be considered in your decision of who you marry though. Frankly I would not marry someone like that, but that is just me. Good luck with that.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hello everyone,

You don't indicate whether you are the US Citizen or the foreigner or 200K in which currency, dollars, pesos etc. If it's the foreigner that owes the money, the US doesn't care but local laws may get in the way of obtaining a valid passport in which to affix the visa.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

200k Pesos. Thanks for the replies.

So, about 16k USD. People should really refrain from making judgmental comments but pesos are not dollars. As long as the Mexican Government allows a valid passport, it sounds like you are marrying some debt.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

So, about 16k USD. People should really refrain from making judgmental comments but pesos are not dollars. As long as the Mexican Government allows a valid passport, it sounds like you are marrying some debt.

Push, you made a big assumption that those were mexican pesos...a rare moment of speculation for ya....Its ok, big guy, it happens to the best of us.

:thumbs:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

people are entitled to their opinion.considering OP didnt give complete and accurate information,you cant fault them.

you really need to stop getting all defensive over things that dont even concern you

Edited by ygr

Timeline

people are entitled to their opinion.considering OP didnt give complete and accurate information,you cant fault them.

you really need to stop getting all defensive over things that dont even concern you

Yes, I can fault them BECAUSE judgmental comments are against the terms of service on VJ.

Push, you made a big assumption that those were mexican pesos...a rare moment of speculation for ya....Its ok, big guy, it happens to the best of us.

:thumbs:

So, about $4,500. Yes, the OP should have clarified but the answer doesn't change based on the currency, just the inappropriate judgments are impacted.

I often pay more than that in credit card bills in a given month. I like the miles. :thumbs: Everything is relative.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Yes, I can fault them BECAUSE judgmental comments are against the terms of service on VJ.

So, about $4,500. Yes, the OP should have clarified but the answer doesn't change based on the currency, just the inappropriate judgments are impacted.

I often pay more than that in credit card bills in a given month. I like the miles. :thumbs: Everything is relative.

Thanks I hope all of you guys are correct.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello everyone,

A little thing like whether it's USD or other currency really can change a sentence. Not that it has any impact on this thread, but a couple more keystrokes to give relevant information really goes a long way.

I just bought airfare for my New Year trip to Tokyo so I got over the equivalent of 200K pesos on my card just this month alone. :whistle: I wouldn't sweat it at all.

Edited by Yagisama

Hello everyone,

think twice prior you marry that person who owns 200K :wow:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

where is the damn rolling eyes smiley when i need it?

judgmental comments WILL be removed,there is no need to waste more space talking about them and most certainly no need to " judge the judges ".

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.