8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You don't need the x-ray at POE, technically you don't need it at all. They (the panel physicians) recommend that you keep it with you for YOUR medical records. So pack it in your suitcase, take it with you and shove it in a cupboard somewhere safe.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

hi everyone, please i will like to know if am to hand carry my ext ray pictures along with the brown to the port of entry. thanks all available information will be taken

You paid for them. You might as well keep them. Chances are nobody will ever ask to see them. The CBP officer at the port of entry will certainly not ask to see them.

Having said that... :whistle:

My step-son had a near-positive reaction to the TST test administered by the civil surgeon. His reaction was 4mm - only 1mm short of a "positive". We told the civil surgeon we had his x-ray films from his medical in Vietnam, so the civil surgeon asked if he could see them. He saw a small scar on his left lung - an indication that he may have had a tuberculosis infection in the past, which would explain the reaction to the TST. However, the civil surgeon said that if his reaction had been large enough to be positive then he would have been required to get new chest x-rays. No radiologist in the US would likely re-certify films that they didn't personally make. In other words, the x-rays are practically useless except for the most casual medical uses.

It's not that heavy nor does it take much space in the purse. I brought it, nobody wanted it, I still have it, but you never know.

That depends on the equipment they use at the panel physician's hospital. My wife and step-kids got old fashion full-size x-ray films, about 24 x 18 inches. They were clumsy to carry, but we brought them anyway. At a more modern hospital they probably would have gotten digital x-ray images on a CD.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

That depends on the equipment they use at the panel physician's hospital. My wife and step-kids got old fashion full-size x-ray films, about 24 x 18 inches. They were clumsy to carry, but we brought them anyway. At a more modern hospital they probably would have gotten digital x-ray images on a CD.

I had mine taken in Naples, Italy, they gave me a plastic film (8x10) in a manilla envelope. it easily found its place in my carryon bag, where it probably still is, untouched since then.

by the way a few years ago my family doctor told me that unless you are a radiologist, looking at x-rays is pretty useless because even most doctors are not trained to detect illnesses. I don't know if he was too cautious or he didn't want to take any extra responsibility, but for sure an immigration officer can't do much with them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.