^_^

Sarah Palin's Alaska: Median age of viewer is 57

44 posts in this topic

Gotta love it. Most of us here in Alaska who know Sarah understand that a wild rabbit has more on the ball than her when it comes to politics, yet she has a very strong following in the Bible Belt from people who could be labeled as sheep.

Sarah makes money off her luck and stupidity.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

...from people who could be labeled as sheep.

Is that similar to "hope and change"?

Edited by peejay

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Gotta love it. Most of us here in Alaska who know Sarah understand that a wild rabbit has more on the ball than her when it comes to politics, yet she has a very strong following in the Bible Belt from people who could be labeled as sheep.

It's been said that "It is better to be lucky than good." And then there is a reference to "Dumb Luck." Seems that Sarah just has it goin' on!

People are jealous of her, including some here.... :whistle:

sarah_palin_miniskirt.jpg

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

It's been said that "It is better to be lucky than good." And then there is a reference to "Dumb Luck." Seems that Sarah just has it goin' on!

People are jealous of her, including some here.... :whistle:

sarah_palin_miniskirt.jpg

And others are just jealous of her husband.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Actually this thread says a lot more about the people posting than Sarah Palin.

I thought her lack of national and foreign policy knowledge was an embarassment and if there is blame to level about her being picked, it is squarely on John McCain. Typical McCain stunt though. More about image than substance - a woman, an alleged maverick, religious, mother of handicapped child, etc. But zero national or international policy experience and a short record at the state level at that.

Despite not supporting her politically for national office though, and disagreeing with her vehemently in her memorized neocon stances now - especially the warmongering - I still have to respect how someone of average intelligence obtained a governorship, is a millionaire, a pagent contest winner, hunter, commercial fisherman, TV show - people who are willing to get their hands slimed picking fish off a gillnet, bloody from gutting a moose, but can also walk the beauty runway and hold court in pretty high office get respect from me.

I think its pretty clear that what she has is fearlessness. She is not afraid to get up in front of an entire nation, fall flat on her face, but get right back up on her feet and kick #### harder than ever. That is what I respect about her.

Her resignation as governer was unforgiveable to me in terms of whether I would vote for her if she made up for her lack of national/foreign policy credentials somehow. I think she abandoned her obligation to complete a term for the sake of riches and that it was also a gamble on an end-run to national office by playing ball with the Washington Insiders.

If you look at how she developed after being tagged by McCain, she went from being a blank slate to parroting what her handlers moulded her into. It was painful to watch. I knew one of her coaches, not Sarah personally - but in comparing notes we feel pretty much the same way.

So - you can disagree with her politically and even be deeply disappointed as I am about her resigning as governor without making yourself look petty, jealous, and full of envy.

Edited by rlogan

I'd call it cluelessness. It allows for the same behavior she exhibits and you describe. ;)

Yes, and also very crazy ...... crazy people have also been called fearless.

Funny-quotes-Daffy-Duck.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

It all went wrong about 100 years ago when the requirement to vote was lowered to the ground.

It used to be that you had to be a person of substance who owned property etc and were of mature years

Then they allowed anyone to vote and it started to go to pot

Now it's election by twitter and facebook and 'dancing without bras' and oprah and American idol

The result is America Idle

The founding fathers only allowed land owners to vote and everyone says the founding fathers were wise demi-gods and the way they set the country up should be preserved forever and was inspired by big g himself

By opening up voting to every illiterate slack jawed mountain boy and shopping channel addict, we are where we are today - at the mercy of the tyranny of the rabid mob and the unschooled bimbo, otherwise known as 'all the people'

In 1787, 'the people' didn't mean 'all the people' - not by a long chalk.

Jefferson and the signers of the Constitution would be appalled by the idea that just any citizen could vote

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

This is just a fantastic idea!

We should roll it all back. Roll back the 24th Amendment and re-introduce poll taxes, depriving poor people of the vote. Roll back the 19th Amendment (suffrage) and deprive women of the vote. Roll back the 15h Amendment and deprive black people of the vote. Aw heck, why stop with the Amendments? We should go right back to the Constitution itself and rewrite the "no religion" clause and deprive Jews, Catholics, and any other non-Protestants of the vote. Won't life be grand when only gentlemen farmers from Virginia get to elect or representatives or run for office? Hey, at least we won't be arguing about whether Obama (black), Pelosi (woman), Mitt Romney (Mormon), Palin (woman), Barney Frank (gay Jew) are fit for office ... they won't even be legally allowed to vote, let alone to run for office or hold office.

America has a problem with voting, but it's not that we've given the vote too broadly. It's that we have an apathetic and demoralized electorate who has given up and quit voting. The result is the cynical representation we deserve.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I say roll it back to 1770 or thereabouts

We would have had universal health care by now if we hadn't gone off on a tangent...

and decent beer

Seriously though, all this populism is no way to run a railroad. Congresspersons (PC eh ?) should be elected for 5 years and Senators for 8 in order to have stability and protection from the rogue winds of 'now'

A few months ago the country was seething with hate for BP and Tony Hayward and the gulf was ruined forever. A few months pass and it's a dim memory and what was the problem.

Stability and continuity and some security for politicians is required - then they might be tempted to lead instead of follow and not have to make a bundle of money in bribes in the 2 year window of fleecing opportunity.

Edited by Alan the Red

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Stability and continuity and some security for politicians is required - then they might be tempted to lead instead of follow and not have to make a bundle of money in bribes in the 2 year window of fleecing opportunity.

:o Fleecing Opportunity!!! :wow::help:

Reported! :angry: ...for TOS violation: personal attack against Scancal and SpookyT! B-)

Edited by BishopM

“Acquire the spirit of peace and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” Saint Seraphim of Sarov

jesus-animated-gif-image-0110.gif

“The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” Pablo Cassals