ekkohl

Starting from begining

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Plan to go to Tunisian in February. Marry my wonderful man! I am from USA, I have never flown on plane. My first step is passport. Applied. That is the easy part. I think next would be documents to marry. Divorced 10 yrs now, getting copy of divorce decree. Getting copy of birth certificate from vital statics with seal.Add him to lease just before I go to show we are marry. I think the marry part will be easy. Then the steps to bring him home with me, to our home. He works, has some money in bank, a Masters, but not much travel experience. Our age worry us. We are 19 yrs difference. But has completely let me into his life, lets me know anything I want to know. Looking at what is needed for visa, is kinda overwhelming, but we will make it work. Any advice would be great! I need to know how to print our internet conversations and logs. I can print some of our phone calls, but I read here paper trail is very important. And flight experience for him helps. He has not traveled. Some of my friends are concerned about me travel by myself to other country. From what I have read, Tunisia is pretty safe to travel to. It is the airports I may feel a little uneasy about, not flying before. I am willing to fly the world for him. Again, any advice would be very greatful. Thank you and this is a wonderful site. The best I have looked at thus far.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Plan to go to Tunisian in February. Marry my wonderful man! I am from USA, I have never flown on plane. My first step is passport. Applied. That is the easy part. I think next would be documents to marry. Divorced 10 yrs now, getting copy of divorce decree. Getting copy of birth certificate from vital statics with seal.Add him to lease just before I go to show we are marry. I think the marry part will be easy. Then the steps to bring him home with me, to our home. He works, has some money in bank, a Masters, but not much travel experience. Our age worry us. We are 19 yrs difference. But has completely let me into his life, lets me know anything I want to know. Looking at what is needed for visa, is kinda overwhelming, but we will make it work. Any advice would be great! I need to know how to print our internet conversations and logs. I can print some of our phone calls, but I read here paper trail is very important. And flight experience for him helps. He has not traveled. Some of my friends are concerned about me travel by myself to other country. From what I have read, Tunisia is pretty safe to travel to. It is the airports I may feel a little uneasy about, not flying before. I am willing to fly the world for him. Again, any advice would be very greatful. Thank you and this is a wonderful site. The best I have looked at thus far.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

hi kcole, you need to read all the guides to have an idea..your divorce and your birthcertificate get more then one copy you are going to need at least two each, the age i don't think it make a deffernce, and no you can't bring him back with you, keep logs of ever thing e,mails,phone calls, letters cards.boarding pass, hotel receipts; a lot of pictures, togather ,to show you met physically within two years, just things you my want to do, happy travaling good luck,

Timeline

Hi Kcole: I'm new to this site also. My first advice would be dont get married in Tunisia. My understanding is he will get here faster on a fiance Visa. before you can apply for a fiance visa you must meet him in person so you still need to go to tunisa. You should do a little more research on this idea by yourself, and I am sure other people will give their advice. Im guessing since you've been divorced for 10 years that you are 19 years older than him. Is that the case? Another question would be, How did you meet? I think for specific directions for printing your chats you need to say what chat you are using. hopefully you have been saving the chats you have already had. It is possible they get saved by default.

Dan

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Kcole, if you get married in Tunisia, then you'll follow the guides for a Cr-1 spousal visa. Look at 8-10 months from start to finish. He'll need to interview in Tunisia where, if approved, he'll be granted the visa and will have 6 months to trave to the US

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

Good luck and welcome to VJ

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Having a large age difference is a red flag, getting married on your first visit is a red flag so you will have a least 2 red flags , you haven't mentioned your exact ages but if he is about the same age as your children HUGE red flag. Be very very prepared . You may seriously want to consider a fiance visa ( which removes the red flag for marrying on the fist trip ) Go meet him. Get lots of photos on your trip, include his family in the photos. Come back , file for the fiance visa. Make at least one more trip before the interview ( or at the interview ) Many foreigners pick up rumors that marriage visas are a done deal and they are not. In theory they are harder than fiance visas because you have to show a bonafide marriage which is difficult in one trip.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hi kcole i agree with canadian wife just marry and apply for cr1 visa because this visa is so save and reliable if you apply fiance visa you have more proof and evidence to prove your fiancee engagement relationship that this is real or fake which is very difficult in fiance relationship and if you marry and apply cr1 route your case is so strong because you have fiance relationship proof and evidence+ marriage relation proof and evidence that why your cr1 case is so strong and reliable and consular officer have no problem to issue you a cr1 visa so what we are learn in cr1 case is married person have 2 strong relationship which is very very plus (+) point for cr1 interview

Timeline

thank you all. i am 47, he is 27. shy of 20yrs by a month. lol met online. know about the horror stories. been there. this feels right. i do have a son 26. not a problem. i know this makes it more complicated, however i am ready to give my best shot. met on tagged, but use MSN messenger and web.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

thank you all. i am 47, he is 27. shy of 20yrs by a month. lol met online. know about the horror stories. been there. this feels right. i do have a son 26. not a problem. i know this makes it more complicated, however i am ready to give my best shot. met on tagged, but use MSN messenger and web.

hi kcole please do not believe these type of horrors stories this type of story is only rumor this story not any more belong to cr1 case let suppose for example if op cr1 case is declined there is some other factor and resons behind op case if you and your husband have a age difference this is not a big issue for uscis NVC and DOS deptarment any more they cannot care about husband and wife age difference that they only care about husband and wife strong marriage background relation is this relationship is real or fake or is this marriage relationship is only purpose for obtain green card or any other purpose behind this relationship or they have strong evidence and proof or not they only care about to investigate marriage relationship secret this is real or fake so what iam trying to say is collect strong evidence and proof for your fiancee engagement relationship and after your marriage relationship collect evidence and proof

Timeline

Hi Kcole, I dont use MSN messenger but I copied a link that might help you

http://ask-leo.com/can_i_retrieve_old_msn_messenger_conversations.html

Once you have a message in front of you, You can copy and paste it into word pad, Print it from word pad and then before you close out of word pad save it in your documents. I suggest saving it as joe11.19.10 assuming your boyfiends name is joe and the message was made on nov 19,2010. then they will be saved neatly in chronological order.

If you dont know how to cut and paste or how to find word pad, let me know and I will give more detailed instructions

Dan

Timeline

Hi Kcole, I dont use MSN messenger but I copied a link that might help you

http://ask-leo.com/can_i_retrieve_old_msn_messenger_conversations.html

Once you have a message in front of you, You can copy and paste it into word pad, Print it from word pad and then before you close out of word pad save it in your documents. I suggest saving it as joe11.19.10 assuming your boyfiends name is joe and the message was made on nov 19,2010. then they will be saved neatly in chronological order.

If you dont know how to cut and paste or how to find word pad, let me know and I will give more detailed instructions

Dan

thanks, got it bookmarked.

thanks, got it bookmarked.

I have yet another question. I understand I mail I-130 after marriage, so I can include this in the mailing. Browsed thru guides and this is what I understood. Am I correct?

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

I have yet another question. I understand I mail I-130 after marriage, so I can include this in the mailing. Browsed thru guides and this is what I understood. Am I correct?

To file I-130 petition for spouse, copy of marriage certificate is needed.

Read this EZguide - http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/EZGuideSpouse

Loto

CSC - I-130 for Parents (IR5)

10/11/2011 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/13/2011 - Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

10/17/2011 - Email received with Receipt#, Routed to CSC

10/18/2011 - Cleared the checks $420*2

10/21/2011 - Received NOA1

03/30/2012 - Received NOA2

NVC

04/19/2012 - NVC received

05/01/2012 - Case# generated

05/02/2012 - DS-3032 COA emailed

05/02/2012 - I-864 AOS Fee $88 paid

05/05/2012 - I-864 AOS package mailed to NVC

05/07/2012 - I-864 AOS package received by NVC

05/07/2012 - DS-3032 COA accepted

05/08/2012 - DS-230 IV Fee $230*2 paid

05/09/2012 - DS-230 IV package mailed to NVC

05/11/2012 - DS-230 IV package received by NVC

05/17/2012 - Case Completed

Consulate

07/02/2012 - VFS visit in Cochin

07/04/2012 - Medical in Chennai

07/12/2012 - Interview in Mumbai - Success!

09/08/2012 - POE at JFK, NY

Timeline

To file I-130 petition for spouse, copy of marriage certificate is needed.

Read this EZguide - http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/EZGuideSpouse

Loto

Thank you so much for fast reply. We truly appreciate it. I have copied and paste, and sent to my Ali.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Have you talked to his parents ? It will be important that you be able to show pictures with his family. Personally a fiance visa is more apt to be approved. With the large age difference and in the perimenapausal age group you have enough red flags without adding marrying within days of meeting. IF you are spending more than a month there you could possibly pull off the marriage visa but otherwise you are in for a harder path. Also if the K1 ends up disapproved then you have the option of getting married on a second trip and immediately making a second attempt. If you are married you are looking at dealing with the governments review speed and it could be much slower. There are woman that married with large age difference in Nigeria and they are separated for years waiting on reviews. Many people think that being married is a better proof to get your visa but for people with more than one or two red flags it is usually just the opposite.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.