20 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

hi everyone...

this question is for a friend!(thanks to my VJ friends and this site, i thankfully have my GC in hand!! and it only took 3.5 months from the time i sent in my AOS package!)

entered the US on a B2 visa then married a US citizen before B2 ran out. they didnt file for AOS until recently but theyre case is a lil weird...

they've been married for 2 years no and have twin babies now. During this time, their marriage isnt so peachy and the husband is refusing to cooperate with her for the visa change and said he will not attend the interview when it comes around.

few questions:

1. what should she do now?

2. can she take the children back to her home country?

3. can she stay here some other way?

4. what legal help is she entitled to?

5. can she get deported? if so, what will happen to her children?

i know this is vague, but its a stcky situation!!

any advice is welcome and i am very grateful to you for reading this and taking time to help us!

:) Michelle81

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

hi everyone...

this question is for a friend!(thanks to my VJ friends and this site, i thankfully have my GC in hand!! and it only took 3.5 months from the time i sent in my AOS package!)

entered the US on a B2 visa then married a US citizen before B2 ran out. they didnt file for AOS until recently but theyre case is a lil weird...

they've been married for 2 years no and have twin babies now. During this time, their marriage isnt so peachy and the husband is refusing to cooperate with her for the visa change and said he will not attend the interview when it comes around.

few questions:

It depends...what does SHE want to do?Does she want a divorce?Does she want to leave US?Does she want to stay?2.

can she take the children back to her home country?

No, unless the spouse approves it, otherwise she could be charged for kidnapping. 3.

can she stay here some other way?

I'm not really sure how as AOS in her case is based on marriage. If the marriage is ending and the spouse doesn't help her at all, I am afraid there is no grounds for AOS, therefore there is nothing she can do.

Again, it depends what is she up to.5.

can she get deported? if so, what will happen to her children?

If her husband doesn't show up at the AOS interview, the AOS is denied and USCIS starts removal proceeedings so Yes, she may be deported anytime. I am not sure how the kids are handled in this situation

i know this is vague, but its a stcky situation!!

I am sorry about your friend...

any advice is welcome and i am very grateful to you for reading this and taking time to help us!

:) Michelle81

My N-400 Journey

06-02-2017 - N-400 package mailed to Dallas Lockbox

06-06-2017 - Credit card charged; received text and email confirming that application was received and NOA is on its way

06-10-2017 - Received NOA letter from NBC dated 06-05-2017

06-16-2017 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for 06-28-2017

01-19-2018 - Interview Letter sent

02-27-18 - Interview and Oath Ceremony. Finally US CITIZEN! 

My ROC Journey

03-08-2012 - I-751 package mailed to VSC

03-10-2012 - I-751 package delivered

03-14-2012 - Check cashed

03-15-2012 - NOA received, dated 03-12-2012

04-27-2012 - Biometrics appointment

11-23-2012 - ROC approved

11-28-2012 - Approval letter received

12-06-2012 - 10 years Green Card received

My AOS Journey

04-17-09 I-130&I-485&I-765 received by USCIS

04-19-10 AOS Approved

04-29-10 Green Card received

If the Children are born in the US, there is a chance that she could get her visa through them. How? I am not sure.

Im sorry to hear about your friend.

N-400 Application

4/18/2016 (Day 1) - Package sent to Lewisville, TX

4/22/2016 (Day 3) - Received Package

4/25/2016 (Day 6) - $680 Cleared on credit card

4/29/2016 (Day 10) - Biometrics Scheduled

5/10/2016 (Day 20) - Early Biometrics (Walk in) Originally scheduled for 5/18 @ 2pm

8/16/2016 (Day 120) - Scheduled for an interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

That is really up to her, what does she want to do?

2. can she take the children back to her home country?

If she has a court order or fathers permission in writing.

3. can she stay here some other way?

VAWA?

None

5. can she get deported? if so, what will happen to her children?

Yes

That would depend, they could go to if the Father is agreeable.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

If the Children are born in the US, there is a chance that she could get her visa through them. How? I am not sure.

Im sorry to hear about your friend.

They are way too young to be eligible to sponsor her, so right now this doesn't help.

My N-400 Journey

06-06-2017 - Credit card charged; received text and email confirming that application was received and NOA is on its way

My ROC Journey

My AOS Journey

04-19-10 AOS Approved

Filed: Other Timeline

If the husband doesn't attend the interview, the AOS petition will be denied and she's going home.

If the children were born in the US, they are US citizens. US citizens need a US passport to leave the US. She can only take them to Australia if the husband agrees. If he doesn't and she takes them, the US embassy in Australia will press charges for kidnapping and she's going to jail until her hair turns gray, maybe white.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Timeline

they will never deport the mother of two young children....No government would ever (especially the USA) allow such rot. I believe that immigration laws are pretty crook in most cases, but she will be right...there will be a way for her to stay.

Going back to Australia would require an avidavit from the father acknowledging their permanent return or temporary return which ever she is trying to do, or a court order which shows she has sole custody.

If she returns to australia and stays there against the fathers wishes with his children, yeah....big trouble...it can be treated as kidnapping.....

so tell her to try for a court session awarding sole custody otherwise the US Govt will grant her residency....they have to....I am going through something a little bit the same with my son....they cant kick him out to australia cos his only family is here....

hope she is alright.....

now if all else fails....CALL TODAY TONIGHT OR CURRENT AFFAIR...THEY GIVE THE CASE HUGE AIRPLAY....FANTASTIC MEDIA STORY....

Filed: Country:
Timeline
they will never deport the mother of two young children....No government would ever (especially the USA) allow such rot. I believe that immigration laws are pretty crook in most cases, but she will be right...there will be a way for her to stay.

Not true, especially in a case where the is a biological father who is a US Citizen and can care for the kids here.

This is a real good case for "File AOS as soon as humanly possible" though, too bad she didn't get it done shortly after they were married.

Edited by Bob 4 Anna

Timeline

Not true, especially in a case where the is a biological father who is a US Citizen and can care for the kids here.

I stand by what I said.....there are alliances formed between certain countries and unless that mother is found to be involved in crime...the USGOVT will not deport her as her biological children are still way too young to be without their mother...and it is irrellavent as to the style of parenting the father can provide. The US Govt takes refugees from all over the world, as does Australia, do you really think its going to kick the mother of one of its own citizens out and take on a refugee instead....???

In cases like this we can be all grateful that we are living under an understanding set of laws that are happy to be broken when required....besides, they had already filed their AOS.

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

I stand by what I said.....there are alliances formed between certain countries and unless that mother is found to be involved in crime...the USGOVT will not deport her as her biological children are still way too young to be without their mother...and it is irrellavent as to the style of parenting the father can provide. The US Govt takes refugees from all over the world, as does Australia, do you really think its going to kick the mother of one of its own citizens out and take on a refugee instead....???

In cases like this we can be all grateful that we are living under an understanding set of laws that are happy to be broken when required....besides, they had already filed their AOS.

They kick em out every day...!!

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Filed: Other Timeline

Very important information: they will kick the mother out so fast, it would make your head spin. The kids go to the father and that's the end of the story.

Keep in mind, this is the typical "anchor baby" scenario. If they would not kick out the parent(s), all an illegal immigrant had to do is pop out an USC baby and they would be allowed to stay in the US.

Not so, Kagarooman!

Edited by Just Bob

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Timeline

So what you are trying to say here is if you go ahead and have kids you are not going to be deportable?Never heard that before.

Can you provide us an official link stating what you just said above?It would be really helpful to a lot of our members. I think.

My N-400 Journey

My ROC Journey

My AOS Journey

04-19-10 AOS Approved

Timeline

Remember that Mexican Lady in Chicago last year.

Happens all the time.

No such thing as an anchor baby.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

No....that is not what I just said....

please re read the evidence and look for crucial info which makes this poor womens situation very different from just going out and having kids as you seem to think she has....

Timeline

She is out of status and deportable.

Nuff said.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.