beatricecruzz

illegal family

40 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

um because their parents is not their responsibility?the boys parents are adults,they made the choice for their son when they were his legal guardian,now that they are not,he is trying to fix it in the most legal way possible.i dont see whats wrong with that

Its called FAMILY! Where I come from, you protect your family! Not hard to understand.

Would you protect your family?

Would you post on a website that your immediate or significant others family were in the country illegally?

Regardless if someone is trying to fix it, the tables could turn in a big way.

Removal of Conditions

10.15.2012 ROC package sent to California Service Center

10.18.2012 Package received

10.19.2012 Check cashed (it never ceases to amaze me how fast the gov't cashes a check!!)

10.29.2012 NOA received dated 10.18.2012

10.29.2012 Biometrics appt received

11.14.2012 Biometrics

Filed: Country:
Timeline
Its called FAMILY! Where I come from, you protect your family! Not hard to understand.

Yeah but where do you draw the line?

For me it's simple, if they're not doing something illegal then I'm there to protect them but if/when they venture outside of the law then they're on their own.

Under the guise of protecting his family would you suggest they lie about where he has been living & their address on the I-129f Petition and his Visa applications in Mexico?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Would you post on a website that your immediate or significant others family were in the country illegally?

Regardless if someone is trying to fix it, the tables could turn in a big way.

I would not, because mine are not.

Bu there are plenty of other sites that are more focussed on this issue and they have no problem. The obvious one is www.immigrate2us.net, and I have seen Univision mentioned.

I think you are making a fuss about nothing, it is no biggie.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Yeah but where do you draw the line?

For me it's simple, if they're not doing something illegal then I'm there to protect them but if/when they venture outside of the law then they're on their own.

Under the guise of protecting his family would you suggest they lie about where he has been living & their address on the I-129f Petition and his Visa applications in Mexico?

Sure, they are on their own...but just leave it at that and don't post on a website about it.

I would not, because mine are not.

Bu there are plenty of other sites that are more focussed on this issue and they have no problem. The obvious one is www.immigrate2us.net, and I have seen Univision mentioned.

I think you are making a fuss about nothing, it is no biggie.

Regardless if I am making a fuss about it, its only my opinion and I am certainly entitled to it!

Removal of Conditions

10.19.2012 Check cashed (it never ceases to amaze me how fast the gov't cashes a check!!)

11.14.2012 Biometrics

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello,

I was going over all the sample questions for the K-1 interview and came across one question that scared us, it was " where do your parents live?" it scared us because my fiances parents are illegal in the states, and we dont want to get them in trouble. My question is, If he tells the truth, like we plan to, will they look into it and deport his parents or can they not do that?

By filing a K-1 petition you are agreeing that you will uphold and follow the legal immigration laws of the US. Pursuant to that you must answer every question truthfully lest you risk misrepresentation and a possible ban for life.

Aside from this, you have knowledge of an illegal activity taking place but you will choose to ignore it.

So, you are caught in the Catch 22?

My advice, and only if this relationship is of upmost importance to you.....answer the question truthfully. If USCIS uncovers the fraud and goes after and deports the parents, then you are following the immigration laws of the US. Their decision to remain in the US illegally is theirs alone, not yours. They take their chances now and have to live with that decision. I don't think that there would normally be any issue but of course at the interview these facts may be brought to light. How will he/she answer the CO's question if asked about the parents?

Maybe the relationship is not worth all this potential trouble? Your choice, alone.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Sure, they are on their own...but just leave it at that and don't post on a website about it.

Regardless if I am making a fuss about it, its only my opinion and I am certainly entitled to it!

youre really getting worked up over something beyond shallow.

you really think if a consulate worker was reading this he or she would honestly care about the parents?

REALLY?

the son is an adult,so are the parents,the k-1 is the sons case,and the parents IF found in real life will have their own.the parents have to be held accountable for their illegal activities in real life,would not,will not,and should not effect their son,get a clue

jesus. :bonk:

PS: OP has the right to post whatever she wants,wherever she wants,i personally admire her and her fiance for doing things correctly and legally

Edited by ygr

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

ooo and i personally would not protect my family if they tried to get to a privilege illegally.thats breaking law and illegal,i pride myself on doing things legally.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just remember that background checks are done (Usually petitioner but sometimes beneficiary too, especially in AP) so if the beneficiary gets subjected to a background check they will find out about the parents more than likely.

But the parents shouldn't matter in this case. The beneficiary should leave the country within that 180 period, do the K-1 or IR1/CR1, make sure everything is answered truthfully and at the interview IF asked just stated that he was brought into the US illegally by his parents at a young age (I assume this is what happened) and when he was old enough to do something about it, he corrected their 'mistake' by leaving.

I have to give it to the beneficiary though for wanting to do the process legally and correctly. Speaks volumes about his character and morals.

Filed: Other Timeline

The I.O. reading the AOS petition has really better things to do than trying to find the "family" of an applicant. There are a reported 8 to 12 million illegal immigrants in the US and ICE is more than busy trying to catch those among them who have committed serious felonies.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Timeline

youre really getting worked up over something beyond shallow.

you really think if a consulate worker was reading this he or she would honestly care about the parents?

REALLY?

the son is an adult,so are the parents,the k-1 is the sons case,and the parents IF found in real life will have their own.the parents have to be held accountable for their illegal activities in real life,would not,will not,and should not effect their son,get a clue

jesus. :bonk:

PS: OP has the right to post whatever she wants,wherever she wants,i personally admire her and her fiance for doing things correctly and legally

Take Care and Best of Luck...Peace!

@ygr Relax...take a deep breath... :)

ooo and i personally would not protect my family if they tried to get to a privilege illegally.thats breaking law and illegal,i pride myself on doing things legally.

Thanks for this information...take care.

Removal of Conditions

11.14.2012 Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.