Obama 2012

Don't Say The Word "Gay" In Fun, Or You Might Be Labeled An Evil Bigot!!

109 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Shut Up. Stop. We're going to become this censored society where no one can say one damn word without offending everyone......

We should probably just go ahead and nuke ourselves before it gets any worse and Mr. "offended" throws us all in jail anyway.

oh and for the illiterate and ignorant jack asses out there, "gay" is already a stolen/bastardized word anyway. I know this might come as a shock to those of you who cannot read nor understand, but it actually means; "happy, excited, cheerful."

----------------

http://www.nbcdfw.com/entertainment/movies/Universal-Removes-Gay-Scene-from-Vaughn-Film-Trailer-104609344.html

“Electric cars are gay.”

Vince Vaughn’s character quips this line in the opening of the trailer for the new Ron Howard comedy “The Dilemma.” The joke caused a stir among numerous gay-rights activists and CNN's Anderson Cooper Friday, leading Universal to cut the scene from the trailer.

The trailer shows Vaughn's character in a boardroom trying to breathe some "rock and roll" cool into a car he describes as “my-parents-are-chaperoning-the-dance-gay.”

On "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," Cooper warned about the consequences of throwing around words like "gay" and questioned Universal's decision to lure in audiences by using the word as a punchline.

“It’s used just as an insult among kids,” Cooper said. “We’ve got to change the way people use these words because these words to have power and they’re used like weapons.”

Universal issued a statement Friday saying the trailer “was not intended to cause anyone discomfort.”

The events come in the wake of news of anti-gay and bullying behavior across the country, such as the recent tragedy at Rutgers, where Tyler Clementi, a first year student took his life on September 22 after an intimate encounter was broadcast on the Internet.

According to Deadline, Universal screened the original trailer to gay groups like GLADD, as well as gay executives “and no one was offended and everyone had a positive response,” said a studio insider.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Shut Up. Stop. We're going to become this censored society where no one can say one damn word without offending everyone......

We should probably just go ahead and nuke ourselves before it gets any worse and Mr. "offended" throws us all in jail anyway.

oh and for the illiterate and ignorant jack asses out there, "gay" is already a stolen/bastardized word anyway. I know this might come as a shock to those of you who cannot read nor understand, but it actually means; "happy, excited, cheerful."

----------------

http://www.nbcdfw.com/entertainment/movies/Universal-Removes-Gay-Scene-from-Vaughn-Film-Trailer-104609344.html

“Electric cars are gay.”

Vince Vaughn’s character quips this line in the opening of the trailer for the new Ron Howard comedy “The Dilemma.” The joke caused a stir among numerous gay-rights activists and CNN's Anderson Cooper Friday, leading Universal to cut the scene from the trailer.

The trailer shows Vaughn's character in a boardroom trying to breathe some "rock and roll" cool into a car he describes as “my-parents-are-chaperoning-the-dance-gay.”

On "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," Cooper warned about the consequences of throwing around words like "gay" and questioned Universal's decision to lure in audiences by using the word as a punchline.

“It’s used just as an insult among kids,” Cooper said. “We’ve got to change the way people use these words because these words to have power and they’re used like weapons.”

Universal issued a statement Friday saying the trailer “was not intended to cause anyone discomfort.”

The events come in the wake of news of anti-gay and bullying behavior across the country, such as the recent tragedy at Rutgers, where Tyler Clementi, a first year student took his life on September 22 after an intimate encounter was broadcast on the Internet.

According to Deadline, Universal screened the original trailer to gay groups like GLADD, as well as gay executives “and no one was offended and everyone had a positive response,” said a studio insider.

Just another example of censorship from the Left.

It must be frustrating to write "real life" conversation into a script only to have it censored out because it might be offensive to 1% of people.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So being able to use this specific word to point out stupidity is super important for you? Why? Also please refer me to the last time and context in which you used it to denote a happy event. Did it go like this-- "This is such a gay affair! So much dancing and frivolity, it fills me with a frothy glee."

Because I will totally defend your right to use the word gay in that way. Me and all the rest of my roarin' 20s buddies, on the way to the juice joint to score some giggle water.

owl.jpg

I-129F Sent : 2010-02-01

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-02-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-03-12

NVC Received : 2010-03-18

NVC Left : 2010-03-22

Consulate Received : 2010-04-12

Packet 3 Received : 2010-04-14

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-04-16 (logged 2010-04-27)

Packet 4 Received : 2010-04-29

Interview Date : 2010-06-02

Interview Result : APPROVED!!!!!!

Visa in hand: 2010-06-09

POE: 2010-06-11

We is married now!: 2010-06-24

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So being able to use this specific word to point out stupidity is super important for you? Why? Also please refer me to the last time and context in which you used it to denote a happy event. Did it go like this-- "This is such a gay affair! So much dancing and frivolity, it fills me with a frothy glee."

Because I will totally defend your right to use the word gay in that way. Me and all the rest of my roarin' 20s buddies, on the way to the juice joint to score some giggle water.

Yep. Because it's like totally fine and all to use slurs that degrade other people simply for the sake of it. "I'm a bigot if I say 'gay'. God almighty my precious, hard fought for rights are being infringed. What a personal disaster!" ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Two baiting posts have been removed. It is fine to disagree with the content of a post; it is not fine to go after the individuals making the posts.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Is this a new rule :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Nope :no: . Read 'em and weep :D :

Make comments in a Post either direct or implied toward another member that are purposely designed to upset, antagonize, make fun of, belittle, or otherwise instigate an argument that takes away from the personal enjoyment of the Service by other users.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/terms

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Make comments in a Post either direct or implied toward another member that are purposely designed to upset, antagonize, make fun of, belittle, or otherwise instigate an argument that takes away from the personal enjoyment of the Service by other users.

I'm reformed now. I'm going to be good for a while until I get my name taken off the list. :devil: :devil:

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

I just checked with my lawyer, and he said that as long as the insults don't take away from the enjoyment of the other forum members, it's ok to bait, troll and flame. It's a gray area in the TOS and it wouldn't hold up in court. :lol:

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

I just checked with my lawyer, and he said that as long as the insults don't take away from the enjoyment of the other forum members, it's ok to bait, troll and flame. It's a gray area in the TOS and it wouldn't hold up in court. :lol:

This is a private forum, which can cancel your membership at any time.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

----------------

http://www.nbcdfw.co...-104609344.html

"Electric cars are gay."

Vince Vaughn's character quips this line in the opening of the trailer for the new Ron Howard comedy "The Dilemma." The joke caused a stir among numerous gay-rights activists and CNN's Anderson Cooper Friday, leading Universal to cut the scene from the trailer.

The trailer shows Vaughn's character in a boardroom trying to breathe some "rock and roll" cool into a car he describes as "my-parents-are-chaperoning-the-dance-gay."

"It's used just as an insult among kids," Cooper said. "We've got to change the way people use these words because these words to have power and they're used like weapons."

Universal issued a statement Friday saying the trailer "was not intended to cause anyone discomfort."

According to Deadline, Universal screened the original trailer to gay groups like GLADD, as well as gay executives "and no one was offended and everyone had a positive response," said a studio insider.

Go ahead and nuke yourself, I'll not miss you - would you like to bring n*gger back into general use too now, after all it was only 'banned' because the black community were simply over sensitive little flowers who could not take a little gentle ribbing by white folks?

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Go ahead and nuke yourself, I'll not miss you - would you like to bring n*gger back into general use too now, after all it was only 'banned' because the black community were simply over sensitive little flowers who could not take a little gentle ribbing by white folks?

What's wrong with the N-word? It's used each and every day by the black community. I didn't know it was out of style.

The point here being that 'gay' is a bastardized word and now people are getting offended that it's being used in a certain manner? Get real. You can't steal a word, then expect it not to be used against you. Too bad, so sad. Tough luck.

Political correctness causes more animosity than it does help society. At least without it, you know who the real racists/bigots are instead of accusing everyone of being one who says one thing out of turn.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!