Obama 2012

Don't Say The Word "Gay" In Fun, Or You Might Be Labeled An Evil Bigot!!

109 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well sure meanings change and gay it the perfect example.

In your example, saying "that car is gay" carries with it a number of pejorative connotations. Those connotations exist whether you are aware of them or not, whether you are prepared to admit it or not. It advances prejudice.

Because to me it means something ridiculous or stupid. I do not associate it to gay people in any way shape or form. I dont say n*gger for the same I reason I dont say f*ggot. Thats a better comparison, 9 out of 10 times when those words are said you know where that person is coming from and its usually meant to hurt and offend people.

Quite simply, it's more socially acceptable to be prejudiced against gays than it is to be prejudiced against racial minorities. This is something that needs to change.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow, that is so delusional and just, plain wrong.

and I think it's gay that you think that. :rolleyes:

see how it works? though I have nothing against homosexual people.... but the definition term used was meant as nothing offensive.

Edited by Paul and Vanessa

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

see how it works? though I have nothing against homosexual people.... but the definition term used was meant as nothing offensive.

That's where the delusional part comes in Paul. It really doesn't matter what you intend when you say it. If it is offensive to a large group of people, and you know what the meaning has to them, then it is bigoted.

Timeline

Rob is right - this is pure delusion. It's like you don't understand the implications of your own words - the use of gay as a negative adjective carries with it negative connotations that denote a degree of prejudice against homosexuals. You may or may not be bigoted against gays, but you seem to see nothing wrong with perpetuating prejudice.

Timeline

That's where the delusional part comes in Paul. It really doesn't matter what you intend when you say it. If it is offensive to a large group of people, and you know what the meaning has to them, then it is bigoted.

no, it's not. You're very delusional if you think so. Most "gays" don't give a damn. They could care less and as pointed out many will even use it in the same way. Now you say the F-word to a gay person, yeah, you're in a heap load of #######.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Timeline

no, it's not. You're very delusional if you think so. Most "gays" don't give a damn. They could care less and as pointed out many will even use it in the same way. Now you say the F-word to a gay person, yeah, you're in a heap load of #######.

Do you often speak for large groups of people with no more proof than your say-so?

Timeline

Yeah Paul, You really strike me as someone who has a lot of gay friends and talks to gay people all the time. Post facts, not ####### you just made up. Here is a fact for you. When you use a term, like "gay" in a pejorative manner, to degrade someone or something, it is an insult and you are associating a group of people, with a negative connotation. You don't seem to have any grasp on what constitutes bigotry or racism, I wonder why that is.............. :rolleyes:

Timeline

Yeah Paul, You really strike me as someone who has a lot of gay friends and talks to gay people all the time. Post facts, not ####### you just made up. Here is a fact for you. When you use a term, like "gay" in a pejorative manner, to degrade someone or something, it is an insult and you are associating a group of people, with a negative connotation. You don't seem to have any grasp on what constitutes bigotry or racism, I wonder why that is.............. :rolleyes:

it's people like you who feel that everything is racist and bigoted that end up being racist/bigoted. Everything to you is about a group, is about a race, is about everything little detail. It's about black, white, hispanic. It's about gay or straight, or transgender.

Wake the hell up. People are people whether you like it or not. It's real easy to be divisive and I know the Democratic party has brainwashed you into a little drone for them into thinking it's all about our differences, but at the end of the damn day, we're just people.

I don't strike you as someone who has a lot of "gay" friends because you refuse to believe that those people like being treated just as people and don't want to be recognized for being different. I treat all of my friends (most of which are Hispanic and yeah, I'm white OMG, and a couple of gay guys as well) exactly the same. Like people. I don't dance around. I don't play with words. I don't feel ashamed. Why? Because they are all one of the guys at the end of the day. They aren't white, Hispanic, or Gay, they are just other people like myself enjoying life one day at a time.

There is the difference and something a liberal moron or a Democrat drone who only listens to the mantra of separation of race/class instead of treating everyone on equal footing.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Timeline

it's people like you who feel that everything is racist and bigoted that end up being racist/bigoted. Everything to you is about a group, is about a race, is about everything little detail. It's about black, white, hispanic. It's about gay or straight, or transgender.

Wake the hell up. People are people whether you like it or not. It's real easy to be divisive and I know the Democratic party has brainwashed you into a little drone for them into thinking it's all about our differences, but at the end of the damn day, we're just people.

I don't strike you as someone who has a lot of "gay" friends because you refuse to believe that those people like being treated just as people and don't want to be recognized for being different. I treat all of my friends (most of which are Hispanic and yeah, I'm white OMG, and a couple of gay guys as well) exactly the same. Like people. I don't dance around. I don't play with words. I don't feel ashamed. Why? Because they are all one of the guys at the end of the day. They aren't white, Hispanic, or Gay, they are just other people like myself enjoying life one day at a time.

There is the difference and something a liberal moron or a Democrat drone who only listens to the mantra of separation of race/class instead of treating everyone on equal footing.

Paul, that, and your previous post remind me of the guy who says "I'm not racist, I have loads of black friends", when being accused of being a bigot.

Come on now Paul, I am seriously questioning your exposure to gay culture. This isn't an advanced concept here Paul. My assessment of your latent bigotry is based upon your responses on this very forum over the last 6-8 months. Now unless you're going to tell me that your online persona is nothing like your real life ideology, I think it's a rather fair assessment.

You just don't get this concept here. It doesn't matter if you decided to ascribe a new meaning to a word or not. Your intent is immaterial here. The fact is, that some words, have negative connotations to them. Even something like "gay" which you think is benign, has a negative association with it when used as a derogatory fashion.

Timeline

Paul, that, and your previous post remind me of the guy who says "I'm not racist, I have loads of black friends", when being accused of being a bigot.

Come on now Paul, I am seriously questioning your exposure to gay culture. This isn't an advanced concept here Paul. My assessment of your latent bigotry is based upon your responses on this very forum over the last 6-8 months. Now unless you're going to tell me that your online persona is nothing like your real life ideology, I think it's a rather fair assessment.

You just don't get this concept here. It doesn't matter if you decided to ascribe a new meaning to a word or not. Your intent is immaterial here. The fact is, that some words, have negative connotations to them. Even something like "gay" which you think is benign, has a negative association with it when used as a derogatory fashion.

No your assessment is treating gay people as if they are a 'culture.' You treat them as if they are different. You are being the bigot here my friend. You are the one trying to segregate them from society into their own unique little group. THERE is the difference. You're too damn blind to see it though.

I'm acting exactly like real life ideology. Where "gay people" are just PEOPLE. Where "black people" are just PEOPLE. Where we don't give a damn who's who and what's what about our race, sexuality, etc. No we all come together, grab some food, catch a movie, drink some beers, watch a game, play some pool, shoot the ###### on politics, news, etc.... We live and let live because we are all PEOPLE.

Sorry that I don't look at "groups" like you do. That's not how it works. As I said, I know the liberal/Democrat mindset is to treat everyone differently or "special," but you're damn deluded if you think that's how the real world works outside of liberal hell holes like LA and NYC.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Timeline

No your assessment is treating gay people as if they are a 'culture.' You treat them as if they are different. You are being the bigot here my friend. You are the one trying to segregate them from society into their own unique little group. THERE is the difference. You're too damn blind to see it though.

I'm acting exactly like real life ideology. Where "gay people" are just PEOPLE. Where "black people" are just PEOPLE. Where we don't give a damn who's who and what's what about our race, sexuality, etc. No we all come together, grab some food, catch a movie, drink some beers, watch a game, play some pool, shoot the ###### on politics, news, etc.... We live and let live because we are all PEOPLE.

Sorry that I don't look at "groups" like you do. That's not how it works. As I said, I know the liberal/Democrat mindset is to treat everyone differently or "special," but you're damn deluded if you think that's how the real world works outside of liberal hell holes like LA and NYC.

Nice attempt at a strawman's argument there. Sorry Paul, but if you refer to something as "gay" and your intention is that it is a lesser object, it's still a bigoted word, despite your best attempt to justify it.

There is a distinct gay culture, just like just about every group has one. To try to characterize that as bigoted is just ignorant paul. I guess that is just another course that they don't teach at Beck U.

Timeline

Nice attempt at a strawman's argument there. Sorry Paul, but if you refer to something as "gay" and your intention is that it is a lesser object, it's still a bigoted word, despite your best attempt to justify it.

There is a distinct gay culture, just like just about every group has one. To try to characterize that as bigoted is just ignorant paul. I guess that is just another course that they don't teach at Beck U.

No, there's not a distinct "gay culture" no matter how you want to "spin" it. There are people that act like wild children out there, but that's not "gay culture" just as being poor and ghetto is not "black culture." You're ignorant as hell if you think that's what it is.

The overwhelmingly majority of gay people are your average go about their day, wake up, go to work, drink coffee, chill with friends, etc... kind of people. They are dressing up in parades, wearing loud clothing, etc... No, those people are just people being boisterous for their own personal reasons or because they can be.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Timeline

No, there's not a distinct "gay culture" no matter how you want to "spin" it. There are people that act like wild children out there, but that's not "gay culture" just as being poor and ghetto is not "black culture." You're ignorant as hell if you think that's what it is.

The overwhelmingly majority of gay people are your average go about their day, wake up, go to work, drink coffee, chill with friends, etc... kind of people. They are dressing up in parades, wearing loud clothing, etc... No, those people are just people being boisterous for their own personal reasons or because they can be.

Paul, you are just making up so called facts based on your whims and guesses. You have no data to support your wild claims. Furthermore, I seriously doubt you have any significant interaction with homosexual people, at all. Your lack of comprehension of the basic idea here is proof enough. You just don't get it Paul.

Timeline

Paul, you are just making up so called facts based on your whims and guesses. You have no data to support your wild claims. Furthermore, I seriously doubt you have any significant interaction with homosexual people, at all. Your lack of comprehension of the basic idea here is proof enough. You just don't get it Paul.

oh, i see.

so because i refuse to be a segregationist like you, then i'm making stuff up.

Nice try, but you lose this one all around. :)

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I'm gonna save this quote of yours.

and we will see if in the future you are a bigot... or will you refrain from offending large groups of people.

Edited by Danno

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn