Obama 2012

Don't Say The Word "Gay" In Fun, Or You Might Be Labeled An Evil Bigot!!

109 posts in this topic

Go ahead and nuke yourself, I'll not miss you - would you like to bring n*gger back into general use too now, after all it was only 'banned' because the black community were simply over sensitive little flowers who could not take a little gentle ribbing by white folks?

Melodramatic. :whistle::bonk:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

No your assessment is treating gay people as if they are a 'culture.' You treat them as if they are different. You are being the bigot here my friend. You are the one trying to segregate them from society into their own unique little group. THERE is the difference. You're too damn blind to see it though.

I'm acting exactly like real life ideology. Where "gay people" are just PEOPLE. Where "black people" are just PEOPLE. Where we don't give a damn who's who and what's what about our race, sexuality, etc. No we all come together, grab some food, catch a movie, drink some beers, watch a game, play some pool, shoot the ###### on politics, news, etc.... We live and let live because we are all PEOPLE.

Sorry that I don't look at "groups" like you do. That's not how it works. As I said, I know the liberal/Democrat mindset is to treat everyone differently or "special," but you're damn deluded if you think that's how the real world works outside of liberal hell holes like LA and NYC.

Paul, the problem with this is that if people are people, then what use do you (or anyone) have for language that specifically singles out and degrades a subset of society?

If you say "that's so gay" the intended meaning implies stupidity, incompetence and illegitimacy. Get your want to reserve the right to do just that and for the word not to have the meaning that it does.

Using gay as an adjective is nearly always bigoted, again whether you are prejudiced gays or not.

Edited by Ron Burgundy

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I made a joke about the G word once in a Myspace forum, that did not go down well on that site, some people are very uptight and do not view humor as a way of viewing the world in a different way. Humor helps us cope and not take the world so seriously. The day after Space Shuttle Challenger blew up, the jokes about NASA came out. Here's one of them: What does NASA stand for? Need Another Seven Astronauts. That was the next day! If people cannot laugh at life's problems then we have serious problems as human beings. Of course, if you make a joke about Arabs or terrorists, I guess that can be life changing....

Adjustment of Status from K-1 visa.

CIS Office: Charleston WV

Date Filed: 2010-06-08

NOA Date: 2010-06-14

RFE(s): 2010-07-26

Bio. Appt: 2010-07-01

AOS Transfer 2010-08-26 CSC

AP and EAD approved 01 September 2010

Service Request issued: March 17, 2011

Green Card Approval: March 29, 2011

Green Card in Hand: April 4, 2011

Permanent Resident since March 23, 2011

Full time State employee (VA)

ROC Window opens: December 23, 2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The day after Space Shuttle Challenger blew up, the jokes about NASA came out. Here's one of them: What does NASA stand for? Need Another Seven Astronauts. That was the next day! If people cannot laugh at life's problems then we have serious problems as human beings.

IMO with maturity comes a sense of when certain humor is and is not appropriate.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I made a joke about the G word once in a Myspace forum, that did not go down well on that site, some people are very uptight and do not view humor as a way of viewing the world in a different way. Humor helps us cope and not take the world so seriously. The day after Space Shuttle Challenger blew up, the jokes about NASA came out. Here's one of them: What does NASA stand for? Need Another Seven Astronauts. That was the next day! If people cannot laugh at life's problems then we have serious problems as human beings. Of course, if you make a joke about Arabs or terrorists, I guess that can be life changing....

The amusing part is generally those who get mad are those who are not effected. Everyone has their "causes" that they fight and goody little libtards like to defend what they think are causes they need to bring to the forefront. The supposed 'community' isn't really all that offended themselves on many of the things the 'supporters' get mad about.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Timeline

And some things are never funny or appropriate. Why are 9/11 or Holocaust jokes humourous?

because human nature dictates that we use humor to feel better about the atrocities that are committed around us. They aren't 'funny' per se, they just help people overall cope.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Timeline

because human nature dictates that we use humor to feel better about the atrocities that are committed around us. They aren't 'funny' per se, they just help people overall cope.

Yes.... because some much thought goes into that stuff doesn't it. It's totally not about being an insensitive jerkoff who uses others' suffering for their own puerile amusement, it's about trying to "cope".

I'm amazed you can type this stuff with a straight face. What utter garbage.

Timeline

Yes.... because some much thought goes into that stuff doesn't it. It's totally not about being an insensitive jerkoff who uses others' suffering for their own puerile amusement, it's about trying to "cope".

I'm amazed you can type this stuff with a straight face. What utter garbage.

:lol: can't you stop and think for a minute?

Everything has to be seemless and perfect with you. Everything is A + B = C. Nothing is left to nature. Nothing is left to that some people cope with things/deal with reality in their own way. It's all "everyone is an evil bigot" who does things the way you don't like.

Get the #### over yourself.

Edited by Paul and Vanessa

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

oh, i see.

so because i refuse to be a segregationist like you, then i'm making stuff up.

Nice try, but you lose this one all around. :)

Paul, I'm not quite sure that you know what 'segregationist' means. Take an cultural anthropology course as well as a basic reading comprehension one. Every group of people has their own sub-culture. I'm not accusing you of being ignorant of facts because you fail to comprehend human dynamics. I point out that you are making things up because Paul, you are. You make blanket statements about how gay people don't care about anyone using the term "gay". You have no evidence, and really Paul, any anecdotal evidence that you offer is purely fictional. You really should get your money back, Beck U really seems to be worthless.

I'm gonna save this quote of yours.

and we will see if in the future you are a bigot... or will you refrain from offending large groups of people.

Danno, your clear and discernable ineptitude here is glaring. I was talking about sub-cultures. You know what culture is right Danno? That isn't the same as your generalizations and stereotypes.

Timeline

Paul, I'm not quite sure that you know what 'segregationist' means. Take an cultural anthropology course as well as a basic reading comprehension one. Every group of people has their own sub-culture. I'm not accusing you of being ignorant of facts because you fail to comprehend human dynamics. I point out that you are making things up because Paul, you are. You make blanket statements about how gay people don't care about anyone using the term "gay". You have no evidence, and really Paul, any anecdotal evidence that you offer is purely fictional. You really should get your money back, Beck U really seems to be worthless.

I haven't watch Glen Beck once in my life, so you can feel free to try again. Again, thanks for playing and failing miserably as usual.

You fail to comprehend anything beyond media over-hype 'in the name of' things. You fail to look at REAL people versus what you see on TV or what you read in some left-wing blog.

You dare to say what I am saying is 'fiction' because you think of homosexuals as victims, as a lesser class, etc. You don't think of them as people. You think of them as some child who needs to be rescued. You don't look at them like you and me. That is the difference between me and you. I look at them as people. I look at them as no different than anyone else standing beside me. Your failure to do so makes you the bigot. It makes you the racist. It makes you the one with prejudice. Not me.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Timeline

I haven't watch Glen Beck once in my life, so you can feel free to try again. Again, thanks for playing and failing miserably as usual.

You fail to comprehend anything beyond media over-hype 'in the name of' things. You fail to look at REAL people versus what you see on TV or what you read in some left-wing blog.

You dare to say what I am saying is 'fiction' because you think of homosexuals as victims, as a lesser class, etc. You don't think of them as people. You think of them as some child who needs to be rescued. You don't look at them like you and me. That is the difference between me and you. I look at them as people. I look at them as no different than anyone else standing beside me. Your failure to do so makes you the bigot. It makes you the racist. It makes you the one with prejudice. Not me.

Wow Paul, you're even more delusional than I suspected. You don't seem to be able to comprehend simple concepts like bigotry, language usage, or even how to make a simple point. Pro tip, when you make a broad statement like "gay people don't care about people using the word gay", it's general form to actually provice some sort of citation to support your insipid claims. What you said is pure fiction because it is not based in reality. Bigotry is quite simple Paul, yet you don't seem able to grasp it. You've tried numerous times to insert your strawman's argument here to stray the topic off on your own little tangent. So I will reiterate what I have said, with smaller words for your benefit Paul. Regardless of your intention, if you use the word "gay" as a adjective or an adverb, to describe something as being lesser or weaker, then you are using the word as a pejorative, hence it is a derogatory term. Your cognition or perception are completely immaterial. I guess reading comprehension isn't taught at Beck U.

Timeline

:lol: can't you stop and think for a minute?

Everything has to be seemless and perfect with you. Everything is A + B = C. Nothing is left to nature. Nothing is left to that some people cope with things/deal with reality in their own way. It's all "everyone is an evil bigot" who does things the way you don't like.

Get the #### over yourself.

I think you need to wake up and smell the coffee and stop trying to justify evil, petty minded ideas with juvenile arguments.

People only laugh at those things because they have nothing invested in them. It's quite simple, you treat people the way you'd like to be treated, that's how parents generally raise their kids.

If you wouldn't find humour in a terrorist attack that kills your wife, you shouldn't laugh about it when it happens to other people. To do so is sick and immature.

Edited by Ron Burgundy

Timeline

I think you need to wake up and smell the coffee and stop trying to justify evil, petty minded ideas with juvenile arguments.

People only laugh at those things because they have nothing invested in them. It's quite simple, you treat people the way you'd like to be treated, that's how parents generally raise their kids.

If you wouldn't find humour in a terrorist attack that kills your wife, you shouldn't laugh about it when it happens to other people. To do so is sick and immature.

Again, you're treating everything as A + B = C when it does not.

Plenty of people have horrible/tragic things happen to them and use positive signs to make them smile somehow/even laugh to make their way through it. The alternative is to always have hatred or even become vengeful. We all deal with reality in our own way. There is not set in stone right or wrong way to deal with a situation. It's all up to the individual. Some people go out and get drunk, some people become religious, some thing take on extra jobs, some people cry a lot, some people try and find a positive side to the situation, some people find some way to laugh about it to keep from going insane...

Wow Paul, you're even more delusional than I suspected. You don't seem to be able to comprehend simple concepts like bigotry, language usage, or even how to make a simple point. Pro tip, when you make a broad statement like "gay people don't care about people using the word gay", it's general form to actually provice some sort of citation to support your insipid claims. What you said is pure fiction because it is not based in reality. Bigotry is quite simple Paul, yet you don't seem able to grasp it. You've tried numerous times to insert your strawman's argument here to stray the topic off on your own little tangent. So I will reiterate what I have said, with smaller words for your benefit Paul. Regardless of your intention, if you use the word "gay" as a adjective or an adverb, to describe something as being lesser or weaker, then you are using the word as a pejorative, hence it is a derogatory term. Your cognition or perception are completely immaterial. I guess reading comprehension isn't taught at Beck U.

When you're ready to get out of the victim mindset, let me know and we'll talk again.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Timeline

When you're ready to get out of the victim mindset, let me know and we'll talk again.

And you can get back to me when you can grasp basic concepts like comprehension, reading, and how to make a point.

Edited by Rob & Mel