nab

if you had to move to a third world country...

55 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Looking on the map, Greenland is considered third world. I always thought that was part of Denmark. Apparently not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenland

Interesting.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

BY isn't a credible source

Being that you are from Michigan, I would not even show my name in this thread.

One median Melbournian house buys six to ten homes in various locations around Michigan. That state is gone and is never coming back - ever.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

I was about to say, you don't need to move far at all.

A large part of Ohio is third world. A certain poster's comments from there reinforce this stereotype about the state.

Look who's talking. I have a Vietnamese friend who's in Australia now and she can't wait to get home. She says racism is rampant and doesn't feel safe going out at night.

I'd have to go with Maldives. A nice beachfront bungalow would be just fine.

ok now you're freaking me out :rofl: this is where i was leaning, but not for the beach (i dont like getting flooded out:p) but a nice bungalow on a hill overlooking the sea would be nice. i'll hike up/down to/from the beach!

The Philippines probably around Tagatay or Subivc Bay. The reasons would be it is beautiful and I have family and friends there. To protect myself I would use the same measures as in the USA. Link "the United States does have a murder rate 4 times higher than most western European nations"

yes, family and friends can make a transition like that much better... learning where to shop, where to go that is more safe/not as safe, local culture, companionship, and so on.

murder stats really dont mean much to an american going to an area or country that may have "anti-american" mindset or who believe myths (i.e. blonde/blue-eyed = rich) so may be at greater risk than 'the norm' for kidnappings or sexual assault (myth of americans are all free and easy with sex with strangers).

some examples of protection: where i had planned on moving previously, till life took a u-turn, i had already purchased a large truck with tinted windows that would get me in/out of where i need to go (no need for 2 males with me whenever i went anywhere), very well-trained large black dog (no need for a male companion by my side for when i'm only stepping out into the courtyard), arrangements for someone to live inside the walls with us so we would have 24hr protection.

If I had to pick a 3rd World Country to live in, i'd choose Cleveland. I know, I know, It's a city, but have you been there? it's like a whole other world

:rofl: oh, you've never been to southeast ohio along the border of WVa :lol:

the potential to make a lot of money with a videocam there is really great... not like THAT! :P

it's when the hilljacks say "hey y'all! looky here! you ain't seen nothing like THIS before"

oh goodness! GRAB THE VIDEOCAM AND GET OUT OF THEIR WAY... someone is about to do soemthing really cool, really stupid, and you coudl probably sell it to those "what were they thinking??" tv shows

:rofl::bonk:

Edited by nab

if you gave your info (receipt #s, full name, etc) to anyone on VJ under the guise that they would "help" you through the immigration journey with his inside contacts (like his sister at USCIS) ... please contact OLUInquiries@dhs.gov, and go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact to report anything suspicious. Contact your congressman and senator's offices as well.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

A quick google search on Crime in Australia and you will see it's dominated by two migrant groups: Lebanese and Vietnamese.

While the rest of us get degrees and lift the country up, these two groups stab people. ###### Do Mas...

Once again you quote something as fact, without a source.

Your government must not have a problem with my friend. Her student visa was approved in a week. I can't help but notice every other Google ad I see is promoting immigration to Australia as well.

I was about to say, you don't need to move far at all.

A large part of Ohio is third world. A certain poster's comments from there reinforce this stereotype about the state.

hmmm JFTR, there is more than one Ohio poster here

there are many 'stereotypes' for many states but firstly states are not countries and secondly you are defining 'third world' in terms of economics or other variables rather than as I intended in the OP (i.e. global south).

as for your garbage blanket attacks on specific groups, that is just uncalled for. (REPORTED)

hate speech in the US is shocking... but it continues becasue uneductated people teach the next generation to hate based on skin color, culture, or religion and those poor children grow up believing it is 'normal'.

if you gave your info (receipt #s, full name, etc) to anyone on VJ under the guise that they would "help" you through the immigration journey with his inside contacts (like his sister at USCIS) ... please contact OLUInquiries@dhs.gov, and go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact to report anything suspicious. Contact your congressman and senator's offices as well.

** Post(s) violating TOS (and any quoting them) have been removed. Thank you in advance for not continuing these kinds of posts.

[Will not]

Post Content intended to degrade, intimidate, or incite violence or prejudicial action against a broad demographic or group of people identified by a unifying trait or characteristic (discrimination). For instance, racist or sexist content may be considered hate speech.

I'm with Krikit, looking at the list(s) she posted, I don't want to go to any of them.

I might be OK with living in a (much) less affluent country if I could have a beach house. :D And rain. I was watching international house hunters the other day, and they were looking at some great beach vacation homes, and I was like, "Yah, I could totally live there!!!!"

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

I'm with Krikit, looking at the list(s) she posted, I don't want to go to any of them.

I might be OK with living in a (much) less affluent country if I could have a beach house. :D And rain. I was watching international house hunters the other day, and they were looking at some great beach vacation homes, and I was like, "Yah, I could totally live there!!!!"

What country were they visiting? I love watching that show! The other day they were in Fiji, the cheapest house was about $400k with only ONE bedroom, crazy!

What country were they visiting? I love watching that show! The other day they were in Fiji, the cheapest house was about $400k with only ONE bedroom, crazy!

This one was in Argentina, and they were quoting 300k. I assume since it's made for americans they are quoting in dollars...it was the first time I'd watched that show, but I've been catching up on the standard eddition on Hulu lately.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

If I had to pick a 3rd World Country to live in, i'd choose Cleveland. I know, I know, It's a city, but have you been there? it's like a whole other world

"Who the ** still uses a payphone?"

I've never been to Cleveland but I have been to Youngstown, Ohio. That's pretty close to third world if you ask me.

NE Ohio sucks donkey balls. SW Ohio is where it's at!

A large part of Ohio is third world.
So is a large part of Australia. And since AUS is a whole lot bigger than Ohio... uh, who is more third world?

Here's something else for you to consider....

Ohio Population - 11,500,000

AUS Population - 22,400,000

Ohio GSP - $471 Billion

AUS GDP - $851 Billion

Hmmmmm. If we're so 3rd world, shouldn't those numbers be a lot different? Seems to me, they're almost exactly the same! "I know you are but what am I?"

A certain poster's comments from there reinforce this stereotype about the state.

I really hope you were referring to me with this. I love reppin Ohio for you! Thank you so much. I'm honored. (L)

One median Melbournian house buys six to ten homes in various locations around Michigan. That state is gone and is never coming back - ever.

One median Melbournian couldn't make it in Michigan.

Look who's talking. I have a Vietnamese friend who's in Australia now and she can't wait to get home. She says racism is rampant and doesn't feel safe going out at night.

Totally not true unless you can provide a source. AUS is the best!

ok now you're freaking me out :rofl: this is where i was leaning, but not for the beach (i dont like getting flooded out:p) but a nice bungalow on a hill overlooking the sea would be nice. i'll hike up/down to/from the beach!

We're really not that different, you and I.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

We're really not that different, you and I.

:rofl: that's the scary part for me :P

:blink: are you my brother from a different mother?

I also know people that say Australia is a racist country, (as well as a girl at my university that moved to the UK and casually came out with shocking comments about black people), but honestly, every country has racism in some fashion. Even in America which claims to be the melting pot, racism is rampant (against blacks/Mexicans). In the UK, racism is rampant (against South-Asians). Heck, even in the Middle East, racism is rampant (against whites). So I don't buy into those labels.

hmmm JFTR, there is more than one Ohio poster here

there are many 'stereotypes' for many states but firstly states are not countries and secondly you are defining 'third world' in terms of economics or other variables rather than as I intended in the OP (i.e. global south).

as for your garbage blanket attacks on specific groups, that is just uncalled for. (REPORTED)

hate speech in the US is shocking... but it continues becasue uneductated people teach the next generation to hate based on skin color, culture, or religion and those poor children grow up believing it is 'normal'.

Are you sure your not thinking of Palestine?