Amby

nature could have parted the red sea for moses' escape

93 posts in this topic

How come God is so obviously incapable of speaking anymore? Did He get into a bad accident 2000 years ago? Nobody has heard from God in over 2000 years....With the high technology of a video camera and the internet, along with a dramatic rise in atheism (people that will automatically perish in hell <a punishment that makes all the pain Hitler inflicted seem like a lovetap> for eternity) now would be the perfect time for God to speak. We are waiting for proof of His existence and there is none.
So can you tell me why in 1904 He answered a 15-year-old (initiated) Sikh's blackmail of "reveal yourself to me by 5:00 am or I will 'stop' the Lahore Mail!"?

(Sundar Singh's blackmail-statement was answered by God at 4:55--with the question "why are you torturing Me and burning My Word so?"--and by 5:30 Sundar Singh had become a Christian).

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Lord Infamous-

People feel like God speaks to them all the time even if it's not an audible voice. I have my own proof of His existence, things I believe were answered prayers. Only so many things can be coincidence in life. If there is no God but luck, then I might have good luck, and if there isn't even luck then I just benefited from a series of events - which is also a good thing.

You maybe haven't found the proof you need. If God is real, then I pray you find that proof one day for yourself. If He isn't real, then you won't have to worry about the proof anyway. Since what I believe does give me joy, peace, and hope, if it was wrong, then at least I still had a blessed life somehow. I am not saying people can't feel those things apart from faith in God or spiritual things, but I feel that what I believe helps me in many different situations in life. Are you a happy person in the way you live your life? If you are, cool. If not, then why don't you figure out a way to be happy.

So can you tell me why in 1904 He answered a 15-year-old (initiated) Sikh's blackmail of "reveal yourself to me by 5:00 am or I will 'stop' the Lahore Mail!"?

(Sundar Singh's blackmail-statement was answered by God at 4:55--with the question "why are you torturing Me and burning My Word so?"--and by 5:30 Sundar Singh had become a Christian).

I wonder if that's the same guy my mom or friend read a book by. I think it was Sadhu something, who had become a Christian. By the way, have you ever read The Lotus and The Cross? It's a good one.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Timeline

God still speaks to many even nowadays. If many on here want to make fun of our beliefs then so be it. It is OK to be an atheist if one wants but why ridicule others for their beliefs?

My brother is an atheist and I still love him. My good friend is a Jesus freak and believes in Creationism and even though don't believe in it I still love him. I need no scientists to try to explain how a miracle can happen. I know that I will never see a atom with my own eyes but I believe that an atom exists.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Why is it so hard to believe that a God can perform this miracle?

It is not hard to believe, and even science is saying that it possible (according to the OP's post). However, what I find interesting is the 'lack of Spirit' that is exhibited by the grahpic of Ready4one (sorry...just an example, not an implication against the poster!) which portrays such an absurd concept of true Christianity. Frankly, there are those in the Christian faith who are Creationists (believe in a 'young earth' created with the 'appearance of age') but frankly again this is NOT the theology of the majority of Christians. So, when I say 'lack of spirit', what I mean is that people no longer believe in the glory of God, or have faith that God is the creator (no implying you brother luckytxn). Also, considering that science academically states (according to the OP's post) that it has been scientifically proven that such a parting of the sea could have occured, it interesting that those folk on here that lean toward the scientific bend are so quick to shoot such experimentation down. That is quite non-sensical.

Anyways, anyone with a love of God and living in the Spirit knows that 'Nature' is God's greatest veil. And, of course, if He chose to part the Red Sea he would do it through the use of his greatest creation: nature. Think about that for a while and see how your perceive our current world diffently (if at all)...

Blessing to this forum - VJBishopM

Edited by BishopM

“Acquire the spirit of peace and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” Saint Seraphim of Sarov

jesus-animated-gif-image-0110.gif

“The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” Pablo Cassals

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

There are some stories in the bible that are true. For example:

***Jonah survived being swallowed alive by a whale. And while in the whale's belly he setup a small desk with a typewriter and documented it.

***Sampson (with long hair) ripped down buildings but didn't have the strength to lift his finger (with short hair)

***A talking snake named Beelzebub conned the very first woman (Eve) to eat a forbidden apple so that she would get kicked out of a paradise-like garden because the talking snake named Beelzebub knew that the Master of All did not want Eve to eat an apple. So the talking snake wanted to get her in deep trouble.

*** Adam and Eve, the very first humans, were born as 25-year old adults in a magical garden called Eden (why do I say they were born 25-year old adults? God couldn't have created them as infants. Or as 6-year olds. Or 10-year olds. He must have created them and wallah, they were born adults.)

*** A group of people wanted to bring down a giant wall so they marched around the wall and played their trumpets. The sound was so intense that the wall came tumbling down

That was the BERLIN wall they were writing about? Whoa! Spooky how they knew about it then. :unsure:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I am also wondering why this is again being studied scientifically. I remember about 20 or more years ago a scientist said this very same thing exactly. Are we rehashing the same old science. It seemed to make sense back then and we read it and thought about it and then moved on. God works in mysterious ways at times and no way is more so than nature.

I have seen many times here on this thread about how stupid Christians are for believing in Creationism but actually very few Christians believe in it and consider it a junk science adopted to try to place religion in schools where there is a strict separation from any religion. I have no problem with science as I have a degree in Chemistry and was a chemist for many years. I also took and was planning on being a physicist. I also wrote many papers back then but still held my religious views comfortably.

Whether atheists believe it happens or not many miracles still happen even today. I have happened to seen what I thought was a miracle but also tried to explain it away to where I was in more control and scientifically. Regardless of how and why a miracle can happen or if it can be explained scientifically it still was an event that is hard to define. Who cares how and why it happened?

You can laugh at us Christians all you want and ridicule us but we will still be Christians.

Timeline

It is not hard to believe, and even science is saying that it possible (according to the OP's post). However, what I find interesting is the 'lack of Spirit' that is exhibited by the grahpic of Ready4one (sorry...just an example, not an implication against the poster!) which portrays such an absurd concept of true Christianity. Frankly, there are those in the Christian faith who are Creationists (believe in a 'young earth' created with the 'appearance of age') but frankly again this is NOT the theology of the majority of Christians. So, when I say 'lack of spirit', what I mean is that people no longer believe in the glory of God, or have faith that God is the creator (no implying you brother luckytxn). Also, considering that science academically states (according to the OP's post) that it has been scientifically proven that such a parting of the sea could have occured, it interesting that those folk on here that lean toward the scientific bend are so quick to shoot such experimentation down. That is quite non-sensical.

Anyways, anyone with a love of God and living in the Spirit knows that 'Nature' is God's greatest veil. And, of course, if He chose to part the Red Sea he would do it through the use of his greatest creation: nature. Think about that for a while and see how your perceive our current world diffently (if at all)...

Blessing to this forum - VJBishopM

Thanks for the blessings for us. We can never have enough.good.gif

I will say this, Christians here on VJ can take a ribbing. That is one thing I find generally universal in the Christian faith. No calls for my beheading! :-)

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I will say this, Christians here on VJ can take a ribbing. That is one thing I find generally universal in the Christian faith. No calls for my beheading! :-)

i am issuing a fartwar against you for that!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I wonder if that's the same guy my mom or friend read a book by. I think it was Sadhu something, who had become a Christian. By the way, have you ever read The Lotus and The Cross? It's a good one.
If it is by, the author is more likely Sadhu Chelappa; if about (I'm not aware of any books written by Sundar Singh, but you're probably familiar with a hymn he authored--I have decided, to follow Jesus...) there are two known (better-known one by late Bishop Appasamy) bios about Sundar Singh.

Haven't read Louts and Cross, but I can suggest Death Of A Guru by Rabindranath Maharaj (born a Hindu in Trinidad), of which we have a dog-eared copy.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Whether atheists believe it happens or not many miracles still happen even today. I have happened to seen what I thought was a miracle but also tried to explain it away to where I was in more control and scientifically. Regardless of how and why a miracle can happen or if it can be explained scientifically it still was an event that is hard to define. Who cares how and why it happened?

You can laugh at us Christians all you want and ridicule us but we will still be Christians.

If you believe in miracles you have to believe in the opposite of miracles (tragedies). What is the ratio of a truly miraculous occurrence to a horrifying tragedy? I'd say somewhere around 1,000,000: 1 (that for every 1 miracle you have 1 million tragedies). You can't hold a bias towards God and credit every (extremely rare) miracle to His Eternal Kindness, but when a tragedy occurs look the other way.

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

OMG!!!! Not a FARTWAR!!!!

I repent!!

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

God still speaks to many even nowadays. If many on here want to make fun of our beliefs then so be it. It is OK to be an atheist if one wants but why ridicule others for their beliefs?

I see more questioning then ridicule. I personally question peoples beliefs that endanger others (ones that believe vs ones that do not).

My brother is an atheist and I still love him. My good friend is a Jesus freak and believes in Creationism and even though don't believe in it I still love him. I need no scientists to try to explain how a miracle can happen. I know that I will never see a atom with my own eyes but I believe that an atom exists.

Here you go - Each dot is an "atom":

atom_pen.jpg

Isn't science grand? They actually can write out things by manipulating atoms.

I have seen where a lot of folks still think atoms are so small you can't see them, but in reality, you can, now, through science.

I personally have a hard time with religious folks shutting down conversation when you bring up facts, that can be backed up with evidence, and when they have none, they pull out the old canard "you gotta have faith... I will pray for you..."

I would rather have hard core evidence...

I don't push my ideas on people, unlike some religious folks, but I will question them about them.

So far, I haven't seen any hard evidence for a "creator" - I am still looking, if I find it, I will change my mind, since it is open to new things.

not many religious people would do the same.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

If it is by, the author is more likely Sadhu Chelappa; if about (I'm not aware of any books written by Sundar Singh, but you're probably familiar with a hymn he authored--I have decided, to follow Jesus...) there are two known (better-known one by late Bishop Appasamy) bios about Sundar Singh.

Haven't read Louts and Cross, but I can suggest Death Of A Guru by Rabindranath Maharaj (born a Hindu in Trinidad), of which we have a dog-eared copy.

Oh the book I was thinking of was actually Death of a Guru! I didn't read it but my friend did. And maybe a biography about Sundar Singh? Because that name sounds familir but now I am not sure. I also didn't really know that he wrote that song. :) I have sung it many times.

Edited by chri'stina

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Timeline

Here you go - Each dot is an "atom":

atom_pen.jpg

Isn't science grand? They actually can write out things by manipulating atoms.

I have seen where a lot of folks still think atoms are so small you can't see them, but in reality, you can, now, through science.

I personally have a hard time with religious folks shutting down conversation when you bring up facts, that can be backed up with evidence, and when they have none, they pull out the old canard "you gotta have faith... I will pray for you..."

I would rather have hard core evidence...

I don't push my ideas on people, unlike some religious folks, but I will question them about them.

So far, I haven't seen any hard evidence for a "creator" - I am still looking, if I find it, I will change my mind, since it is open to new things.

not many religious people would do the same.

You are actually wrong. Those are not atoms but molecules and was done with a an electron microscope. I saw this pic a long time ago. They estimate and still do that we will never have the capabilities to see an atom but some scientists like to say we will one day way in the future. If they could actually see an atom then those huge colliders would be pretty much an expensive toy. They have to have a particles go pretty near the speed of light (Like 99.9 percent) and in opposite directions and the mass become around 300 times than before and smash into each other just to get a tell tale sign of the collision and keep their theories alive.

Nice try though but I have been around the block a few times.

I will try later and google and post why we can'[t see the atom but for now I have to get up the road.