CanadianRedneck

Congressional assistance for Expedite?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Everyone, I've heard a lot lately about people trying for expedited processing and contacting Congressman, USCIS and Senators about getting things moving along quicker. I just think this would be a good thread to start to see What WORKS and what hasn't Worked in regards to that.

I finally got on my wife to contact her local congressman today, she sent me a text message as she was at work, told me that they're sending her a form for congressional expedition, which she needs to fill out. I take it that is a good step? I haven't gotten all the details yet, but she said it sounded like she lit a fire there in the congressman's office. Just throwing ###### in the air and seeing where it lands I guess. lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

it'll land on a desk.

when it's signed.

that 'first form' is a 'release form' that any Immigration Liason Staffer needs, before any actual inquiry can be done.

as for expedite -

hey ! did she contact a Tier 2 human, ISO, at USCIS? see http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/structure/gc_1221837986181.shtm#5

If she didn't, then she probably doesn't know the current 'method' for getting any expedite done at USCIS. Any 'congressional assistance' for expedite will mirror the expedite process at USCIS.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I have the two usual petitions (I-130 & I-129F) pending and I did the same thing. I downloaded the forms off one of the senator's website (NY) and the congresswoman for my district and mailed the forms to them last week. No words yet and given that it's an election season, I doubt anybody will focus on my situation (sad but true).

In any event, I agree that you will need to have a valid reason to get ahead of other people... it's kind of hard to argue that your application is a priority just because you miss your wife and you don't want to be away from her (don't worry, I am guilty too). Military deployment and a surgery w/ long expected recovery seem to do the trick. I don't really have a strong case either (except that my wife used to work in US and got the employer sponsored I-140 approved--hoping that it'll shorted the time doing the background check, if they do check it). I am fully aware that I am just being a cry-baby but I want to reunite w/ my wife as soon as possible (so do you, of course)!

One thing that I have in mind, only half-serious, is that maybe we could expedite the process by getting a doctor's note from a shrink? hey, we're all developing a mild depression from this unreasonably long and arduous process anyway, so take a couple of pills that'll never work and get them to write a note. Maybe that will help. Maybe that'll just get me addicted to the pills. :lol:

-----

August 5, 2010: I-130 was sent to USCIS via FedEx

August 6, 2010: I-130 was delivered to Chicago Lockbox

August 16, 2010: I-130 was received by USCIS and rerouted to VSC

August 17, 2010: I-130 acceptance confirmation email received

August 21, 2010: I-130 NOA1 hard copy received

August 27, 2010: I-129F was sent to USCIS via FedEx

August 30, 2010: I-129F was delivered to Dallas Lockbox

September 1, 2010: I-129F was received by USCIS and rerouted to VSC

September 3, 2010: I-129F acceptance confirmation email received

September 8, 2010: I-129F touched

September 10, 2010: Sent out letters to NY senator and district congresswoman to expedite the petitions

September 21, 2010: Spoke w/ ISO @ NSCS to expedite the approval process

September 23, 2010: Expedite request denied

September 24, 2010: Spoke w/ congressional aides

September 27, 2010: Reached out to VSC about the expedite request

September 30, 2010: Reached out to a senior White House official (why not)

October 3, 2010: I-130 & I-129F touched

October 7, 2010: VSC confirmed that the expedite request was denied

November 16, 2010: I-130 & I-129F touched

November 16, 2010: I-130 approved

November 20, 2010: Received an email from State Dept w/ invoices for AOS & IV

Timeline

I never said I was going for an expedite because I miss my wife. I read the criteria to request an expedite somewhere on here, I think LOTO posted the link somewhere. I think I qualify based on 3 criteria...I just can't remember them, lol.

Timeline

My intent of this thread was IF you feel you have grounds to expedite..I'm not making up stuff. What am I going to do? write my own doctor's note? get my old patients to send in affidavits that they require my care? That before I had to leave, I was living with my wife who's a student, and now we're both suffering severe financial loss, because she can't keep up with the bills? That she has a daughter with Cystic Fibrosis that I helped out with caring for? That I have a 3.5 year old son from a previous relationship, US citizen, who needs his daddy, plus I'm borrowing money to pay my child support of $500/month regardless? I lived and worked in Ohio on an E2 for 5 years..didn't get renewed because of the economy, so I had to close up my business..wife didn't want to get married at the time because we thought I was going to get my renewal..which lapsed. I think I might qualify for one of the criteria on an expedite. Sorry..just venting..no one in particular..just the system.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

IF you have a legitimate reason to expedite your case you have to provide all the proofs and stuff to NVC/USCIS/embassy depending on what stage you are at. Then if the expedite is denied your congressperson can assist with finding out why.

A congressperson cannot pull strings with immigration in any way, shape, or form. I think I read somewhere they are actually forbidden from interfering with the immigration process. What they can do is make an inquiry as to why the case is outside processing times, lost, delayed, denied, etc. and they will get an answer.

Timeline

No, she didn't bother with USCIS..we got a lawyer for that..figure the more people that are 'external' who get involved, the better. Plus she's a bit naive to the whole process..she thought once we got married that I was allowed to stay and get my greencard in 6 weeks..the attorney had to set her straight..stuff that I already knew..she thought I was BSing her.

Timeline

If you think you read it..then you're not sure. They faxed her a form for congressional expedition for this, from what she tells me..and from what i've seen from other VJ members..they've used the congressional route as well. LOTO tried it..at least he tried it, and him and I have the same NOA1 date I believe.

Timeline

No, she didn't bother with USCIS..we got a lawyer for that..figure the more people that are 'external' who get involved, the better. Plus she's a bit naive to the whole process..she thought once we got married that I was allowed to stay and get my greencard in 6 weeks..the attorney had to set her straight..stuff that I already knew..she thought I was BSing her.

You should train her a bit, on why talking with an ISO is important, at USCIS, when wanting to 'get an expedite'.

When you make some time, please carefully review http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/structure/gc_1221837986181.shtm#5

and learn a bit about the function of an ISO, why talking to an ISO is important,

then when ya got all that ingested......

Have yer wife talk to an ISO, start expedite process WITH an ISO.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

You're NOA1 date is 19-JUL-2010. Unless you have legitimate a reason or an emergency, you should wait your normal 5 months. Only then should you consider contacting your senator's immigration liaison officer. Doing so before this is perhaps too greedy. Many of us have waited 5 months and longer. We are just beginning to get our approvals or starting to contact the senators.

What's more is that you a Canadian. You can visit your spouse fairly often. Your spouse can visit you in Canada as often as she likes. If you can't touch each other, you can at least shout across the (READ) Detroit River. Be patient. You'll have your day eventually.

That said, on what ground do you want to expedite your case?

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

Timeline

so, any hope of yer wife actually talking with an ISO, about this expedite? She should, ya know.

Timeline

yay ! I'm a rootin for ya !!!

[chants in the background]

ISO

ISO

ISO

ISO

ISO

I S O

gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo go ISO !!!!

GoGoGadget USCISTelephoneISO !!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.