Congressional assistance for Expedite?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Here is the official expedite list from USCIS

Severe financial loss to company or individual

Extreme emergent situation

Humanitarian situation

Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States

Department of Defense or National Interest Situation (Note: Request must come from official United States Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our Government)

USCIS error

Compelling interest of USCIS

Our case was expedited due to military deployment. I know another canadian who was military and deployed and tried to get their case expedited and they were refused expedite.

Good luck, expedite is hard to get. From your " pick the grounds " I really see nothing because many people are missing loved ones, are seperated from children and loved ones, are having money problems had to close down business etc. None of them got expedites and a lot of them are still waiting, some even got told by the embassy that they arent a real relationship. The process is hard and long.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Hi CanadianRedneck

Sorry but I dont think you have a case for expedite either. We're all in financial hardship because of having to support 2 homes and not having enough money for bills. I know you miss your wife and son, but all of us miss our loved ones. Some women on here are pregnant and separated from their husbands, and even they cant get an expedite.

My USC hubby contacted his senator and congresswoman, and was told they sympathised but the USCIS process for I-130's used to take 2 - 3 years back in the 1990's so things have improved greatly.

Dont get me wrong, I understand totally how you feel, I feel just the same, but I have learnt we all have to wait the 5 months or so until we get approved.

Best wishes :thumbs:

USCIS

21.5.10 - NOA1

17.11.10 - NOA2 (there was a hold up due to incorrect information put on forms by our lawyer)

NVC

16.12.10 - All fees paid and everything received at NVC

05.1.11 - SIF and CC for my case only. Get RFE for my 2 sons as lawyer made ANOTHER mistake and made errors on I-864's for the children.

10.1.11 - Corrected I-864's received at NVC via Fedex

14.11.11 - Corrected paperwork entered on system according to AVR

17.1.11 - Medicals done

27.1.11 - My husband calls his senator's office and asks for help to get things moving.

31.1.11 - Finally got SIF for my sons!

01.2.11 - CC (Phoned DOS as NVC shut due to weather and they told me paperwork was completed at NVC on 1st Feb)

10.2.11 - Interview date assigned

15.3.11 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

24.3.11 - POE - Dallas, TX

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, we were going to file for severe financial loss...for myself, my business and for my wife. If we dont try, the worst they can say is NO...and we wait. I'll just have to file bankruptcy once I get back in the US for good.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I'm not actually sure if we "officially" filed for an expedite but my husband (USMC) contacted his congressman and after he recieved a letter from my husbands "boss" saying he could deploy at anytime,the congressman made an inquiry with USCIS, we got our NOA2 very shortly after that. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the congressman, such an awesome and down to earth person. After I got here we were able to meet him and thank him in person.

I'm not sure under which other circumstances an expedite is granted but I do hope you have a valid case and that you'll be able to be with your loved one soon.

Edited by yohino

April 2007 : Met
07/28/07 : Officialy dating
06/07/09 : Engaged
09/04/09 : Married

10/06/09 : I-130 Sent
10/15/09 : NOA1
01/11/10 : Expedite Request Sent Through Congressman
01/14/10 : NOA2

01/22/10 : Got NVC casenumber
03/16/10 : Case Complete

05/04/10 : Medical
05/11/10 : Interview - APPROVED!!
05/14/10 : Passport w/ Visa recieved

05/29/10 : POE JFK
06/25/10 : Apply for SSN
06/29/10 : Received Welcome Letter
07/01/10 : Recieved SSN (33 days after POE)
07/07/10 : Greencard production ordered
07/13/10 : Second Welcome Letter recieved
07/15/10 : Green Card recieved (47 days after POE)

04/02/12 : ROC NOA1
05/24/12 : ROC Biometrics
12/19/12 : ROC Approval
12/24/12 : New GC recieved

3/18/16 : N-400 Application sent
3/25/16 : Text/Email confirmation NOA
4/22/16 : Biometrics Appt

6/24/16 : NOA date for Interview

7/28/2016: Interview

My wife and I are using the services of a great immigration lawyer. With that said, our case hit a small delay and I asked about contacting senator/congressman to see if one of them could "push" the paperwork forward. The attorney's advice was to not "rain on the immigration's parade" for just anything. His words were..."while the immediate benefit of a member of government can provide quick answers some immigration officials view this as interference in their roles as immigration officers. With that said, immigration officials can scrutinize files even closer all the way to the interview process." I actually had great luck just calling the NVC weekly and after what seemed like months the third phone call we were notified of our case's approval and waiting for interview (pleaseeeee NOVEMBER).

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bogota, Colombia
Marriage: 2009-08-01
I-130 Sent : 2009-09-29
I-130 NOA1 : 2009-10-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-03-18
NVC Received : 2010-03-23
Case Completed at NVC : 2010-09-16
Interview Date : December 16, 2010
Interview Result : APPROVED
Visa Received : 12/27/10
US Entry :12/29/10
Two-year green card received: 1/19/11
SSN received: 2/2/11
Lifting of Conditions Filed 10/1/12
Lifting of Conditions NOA 10/9/12
Lifting of Conditions Biometrics Appt 10/31/12

Lifting of Conditions Approved 12/10/12

10-yr green card received 1/8/13

N-400 Naturalization Application 10/1/2013
Marital Bliss: Endless

Hi Everyone, I've heard a lot lately about people trying for expedited processing and contacting Congressman, USCIS and Senators about getting things moving along quicker. I just think this would be a good thread to start to see What WORKS and what hasn't Worked in regards to that.

I finally got on my wife to contact her local congressman today, she sent me a text message as she was at work, told me that they're sending her a form for congressional expedition, which she needs to fill out. I take it that is a good step? I haven't gotten all the details yet, but she said it sounded like she lit a fire there in the congressman's office. Just throwing ###### in the air and seeing where it lands I guess. lol

Your timeline says you just submitted on 5-25 -2010 Its only been about 5 months or so! Sit back, it could be years

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.