hockeygal

the "no-poo" method

90 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I tried it the other day... my hair looked GREAT that day, but when I went to bed it got squished again. I usually only wash my hair twice a week so the incipient curls are gone again. And my hair obviously needs a LOT more help, so I'm still looking into it... I want the book!

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

sorry... I can't help but thinking you're talking about the other kind of "poo"!!! :lol::P

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
*waits patiently for pics*
I thought about a before and after, but the only ones I have of my hair fresh out of the shower looking uck is well...........Uck and I don't want to post it lol. I will say my hair at the moment has as much curl as it did when I had a perm over three years ago, only this time it didn't cost me $75! Will try to get a photo this week just so you can see, even if that means posting an ucky picture.

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Well, my hair is definately curlier, but still looks a little greasy. I've been using recipes from this website. I do the conditioner wash and an apple cider vinegar mix twice a week.

How many times a week do people do these alternate hair washing things? I think I'll try out the baking soda regimine and get a comb to replace my brush.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I've been reading this thread....interesting. It's hard for me to imagine it being good for my hair because if I don't wash it every day it gets very greasy and weighed down and grosses me out, and my hair is thick. I'll just keep reading to see how people are continuing to do with it. The adjustment phase seems like it'd be the hardest part. I just hate if my hair is greasy. Well, good luck to those trying it out! :star:

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Well, my hair is definately curlier, but still looks a little greasy. I've been using recipes from this website. I do the conditioner wash and an apple cider vinegar mix twice a week.

How many times a week do people do these alternate hair washing things? I think I'll try out the baking soda regimine and get a comb to replace my brush.

thanks for that link Rahma... I found on that site I have been applying the baking soda just a bit too thick. Maybe now i can get it right :rolleyes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

2.5 weeks for me. Not bad. The major greasies are gone, but I find it still looks a wee bit oily right near the scalp. It does go away after a light baking soda/ACV rinse though. And there is no smelliness.

I've started trying the curly girl routine, letting the hair soak under the shower, applying a little conditioner to the ends, and then some styling gel and scrunch/plopping.... it works! The curly waves are starting to really show up. And they are not dry and crunchy.

The only problem I am having is that it doesn't last beautifully all day. And certainly not overnight. Hair looks bad in the morning. Overall, my hair feels heavier. Not sure if this is just part of having healthy shiny hair, or if it just needs shampoo!

Bought a better hair product. Trying some all natural/organic styling mousse. Mousse has always helped my waves come out.

Edited by hockeygal

04/13/06 - I-129F mailed

04/18/06 - NOA1

08/30/06 - NOA2

09/26/06 - received at NVC

09/27/06 - forwarded to consulate

20/11/06 - visa in my pocket!

14/01/07 - POE

13/04/07 - marriage

27/04/07 docs sent in for AOS, EAD, AP

26/06/07 - biometrics appointment

02/17/07 - AP and EAD arrive

03/03/08 - Infopass - where the heck is my AOS interview?? No one knows!

Timeline

I haven't yet had the greasies, guess I really suffer from dry hair naturally with out all the products. I am doing the condtioner wash nearly every day, because my hair looks awful in the morning. Done the vinegar wash twice in the last 2 weeks and the baking soda scrub once.

Not having the problem of the curl not staying in all day either, the humidity isn't getting to it and causing frizzies, the only time it is looking bad is when I wake up. Probably doesn't help having four pillows wrapped around, under or on top of my head!

It does feel heavier, yet it doesn't seemed weighed down which I find odd but hey it works.

It must be working because I had a gal at work yesterday asking me a lot of questions and trying out different products. This is the first time in a year and a half that I have been able to go to work with my hair down rather than up, because it just looks and feels good. I still tend to stick a clip in my purse with the concern I will need it by the end of the day, haven't used it in a week. :thumbs: Can say at this time, I won't be going back to shampoo.

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

Filed: Timeline

Never heard of that in France, is it from California?

I use natural products from south france tradition, olive oil, citrus, rosemary, lavender etc etc and I use vinegar once in a while, honey, eggs yolks mask too

But I use shampoo, I don't have the time and patience to do that whole no shampoo thing,

Edited by kittykatwoman

Timeline
Never heard of that in France, is it from California?

I use natural products from south france tradition, olive oil, citrus, rosemary, lavender etc etc and I use vinegar once in a while, honey, eggs yolks mask too

But I use shampoo, I don't have the time and patience to do that whole no shampoo thing,

Honestly it doesn't take any longer. In my case I am cutting out a step by not shampooing because I have always used conditioner anyway, so I get done faster.

Sounds like you are one step ahead of us all anyway, using natural products.

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I bought a 'shower comb' to comb the tangles out because they say that it works best if you comb your hair while the conditioner is in it... I was dubious at best but it really does seem to work.

And if you're using conditioner and your hair is getting 'heavy' it might be building up on it... check for 'cones' in the ingredients list ie. dimethicone etc etc. They're not water-soluble so if you're just using conditioner they stay in your hair and build up until you use actual shampoo to get them out.

I'm having interesting results so far - I have to wash my hair more often than I did before to keep it clean, but it looks like I'm going to have best results by washing with conditioner every second day and actual shampoo (followed by conditioner) about once a week. My hair is curlier, bouncier and shinier...

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Is there a brand of shampoo that doesn't have a lot of "cones" in it? I've gotten really greasy, bleck. Does this go away after awhile?

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.