Ban Hammer

USDA official resigns amid race controversy

142 posts in this topic

not a personal insult, just a general insult to a widespread mindset.

as for competition: i welcome an even field. i will compete on equal terms with any man woman or child for position or benefit on basis of merit, and if a black man or an asian child or a purple woman is better qualified than i, i will accede. if any of them have an advantage over me that is based on the structure of the competition, that is racism or genderism biased agains white males.

Oh, of course, I mean it was always going to happen, right? That women/indigenous American's/blacks/disabled were always going to 'rise to the top' regardless of all the systemic prejudice - and now clearly there is nothing left except bitter people who are lazy and can't get anywhere except by being artificially boosted into positions they are not qualified for, nor worked hard to attain.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

oh come now, my dear. you know that acheived status is based on three qualifying factors; earned power, earned prestige, and earned position.

you must agree that persons having only earned prestige are on shaky basis when claiming a leadership role in determining reality for the society in which they function.

one man's truth is another woman's racism. the interwebs are a fantasy world in which the truth may be denied.

Racism isn't in the eyes of the beholder, despite your desire for this to be so.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

The false assumption is that people enjoy wealth and power simply because *they* themselves earned it. That's a fallacy.

One of the false assumptions - there are others. It's ridiculous to believe that the individual, regardless of background and wealth all have the same opportunities and that all that is required is a bit of gumption and the protestant work ethic and everything is hunky dory. Nothing wrong with either, but that's not the discriminating factor between success and failure at any level, not least between poverty and riches.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

The false assumption is that people enjoy wealth and power simply because *they* themselves earned it. That's a fallacy.

read the post again, young man. they do have dictionaries in england, yes?

there is a difference between acheived and ascribed status. study up on it and come back when you understand what i have said.

Racism isn't in the eyes of the beholder, despite your desire for this to be so.

racism, as a word, is a bully club created to empower those that weild it in a situation in which they are naturally disempowered.

Edited by justashooter

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

racism, as a word, is a bully club created to empower those that weild it in a situation in which they are naturally disempowered.

That is without a doubt the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

there is a difference between acheived and ascribed status. study up on it and come back when you understand what i have said.

I read it. This part, in particular, makes little sense semantically: you must agree that persons having only earned prestige are on shaky basis when claiming a leadership role in determining reality for the society in which they function.

What is meant by claiming a leadership role in determining reality for society? Reality is reality. Noone "determines" it, it merely exists.

Of course it is - I mean, nothing happened to the black man - he was rescued from poverty stricken Africa and had the audacity to complain about his conditions. Silly black man.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That is without a doubt the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Well... when you pretend at being more educated than you are, as The Shooter likes to do (why he does this I really don't know), you're bound to trip up semantically when you try to dress up your language to make it appear more intellectual than it really is.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Of course it is - I mean, nothing happened to the black man - he was rescued from poverty stricken Africa and had the audacity to complain about his conditions. Silly black man.

So sexist of you to exclude the black woman. :lol:

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Well... when you pretend at being more educated than you are, as The Shooter likes to do (why he does this I really don't know), you're bound to trip up semantically when you try to dress up your language to make it appear more intellectual than it really is.

That is what happens when someone uses the Mark Levin Post-O-Tron 9000. You don't get complete or comprehensive rationale, you merely get angry and insipid rants.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

That is what happens when someone uses the Mark Levin Post-O-Tron 9000. You don't get complete or comprehensive rationale, you merely get angry and insipid rants.

You mean the 2000 series.

But you can leave the Tron in it as long as you remind the required outfit for the Mark Levin Post-O-Tron 2000:

tron-guy.jpg

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Racist post has been removed. While much of the information contained in the post may be factual, the way the information was presented violates TOS for Visa Journey.

Kathryn, while I applaud what you have done, I think you may have just set a dangerous precedent.

Because there's no shortage of posting that violates the TOS everyday in this manner.

Unless, of course, there's a new sheriff in town and he has decided that the kind of xenophobic nonsense exhibited daily on Vj is actually in violation of the spirit of an international community.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: Timeline

Kathryn, while I applaud what you have done, I think you may have just set a dangerous precedent.

Because there's no shortage of posting that violates the TOS everyday in this manner.

Unless, of course, there's a new sheriff in town and he has decided that the kind of xenophobic nonsense exhibited daily on Vj is actually in violation of the spirit of an international community.

It's not dangerous. It's good and long overdue.